New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

[Pleasant Afternoon]

Cassian considers this.
    "Well I suppose it would be uncouth of me to shun her. Very well, I shall do this. Is there anything you need or need tell me, my Lady?" he asks, folding his hands behind his stiff back in a most prim and proper fashion.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Flower Garden

"Are you sure? While I am happy to continue Fiore's teachings and rites, this is, well, your realm. And you are most certainly not the Lady of Passion." Jiao looks perplexed at Civvy's excitability. He didn't know what to expect upon meeting the gods, but it wasn't this.

Naku's Clearing

"No, I am quite alright." Iamar barely notices that of course she was ready to go, and instead makes sure Naku knows. "The tea house is in the city, if you'd like to follow me."
    Flower Garden

"Welllll. Let me ask you a question, rather than directly answer you. Would continuing her teachings and rites make you happy? Because that's the end goal, far more than it is me trying to get everyone to worship me every moment of every day. Most of the people that are here are here because they were faithful and did follow me during life, which means that it's very, very unlikely that your teachings will actually sway anyone, but the people here are nice, and will gladly listen."

Naku's Clearing

"Of course. Lead on." Naku says with a bit of a nod, an absentminded tossing of the rag she was cleaning up with back behind her onto a pile of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Pleasant Afternoon]

Cassian considers this.
    "Well I suppose it would be uncouth of me to shun her. Very well, I shall do this. Is there anything you need or need tell me, my Lady?" he asks, folding his hands behind his stiff back in a most prim and proper fashion.
    Pleasant Afternoonz

"Uhh. Be careful because she startles easily. Other than that, nothing really I can think of." Civvy, while entirely unfamiliar with being saluted, decides she quite likes it. "If you ever need anything, I'm really easy to find."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #753

Flower Garden

"I am always happiest when recreating Fiore's steps. I just - suppose I didn't think you would allow it." Jiao really doesn't know Civvy at all.

"But if you do, then I shall."

Naku's Clearing

Iamar nods as well, before turning to lead the way out of the realm and into Inside.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pleasant Afternoon]

Cassian nods, glad that he has gone through reassignment without being made a rooster or some-such, and heads off on foot to find his superior officer for briefing after a formal bow to Civvy.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2018-03-06 at 12:10 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #755

Flower Garden

"I am always happiest when recreating Fiore's steps. I just - suppose I didn't think you would allow it." Jiao really doesn't know Civvy at all.

"But if you do, then I shall."

Naku's Clearing

Iamar nods as well, before turning to lead the way out of the realm and into Inside.
    Flower Garden

"Nooo. Nono. By all means! Go for it!" Civvy says with a happy grin.

Naku's Clearing

And off they go!

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Pleasant Afternoon]

Cassian nods, glad that he has gone through reassignment without being made a rooster or some-such, and heads off on foot to find his superior officer for briefing after a formal bow to Civvy.
    Pleasant Afternoon

Well, Naku's off in her clearing!
    As earlier, it's kiiind of shrouded by darkness -- just enough to make it slightly dim, not actually fully dark --, . . . and I'm just gonna steal text from an earlier scene, because it's still accurate:
    As for Naku, she's kind of in the back of the clearing, dragging what appears to be the trunk of a rather massive tree over to a pile of other logs, in preparation for breaking it down and using it as materials. Her hair is back and out of her face, and she's wearing just a simple tank-top-ish shirt, jeans, and some fairly thick gloves. Her clothing is somewhat sap-stained, and her skin glistens slightly from the effort she's been putting into the project.

Should Cassian be coming up behind her at all, he might also notice that she has a twin set of fairly nasty scars on about her shoulder blades, and are fairly visible with the shirt she's currently wearing.

Post Fight

Speaking of Naku, later on in the day in a different scene, she teleports back to hear clearing with Oliver, looking incredibly frustrated and angry at life.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Post Fight

Speaking of Naku, later on in the day in a different scene, she teleports back to hear clearing with Oliver, looking incredibly frustrated and angry at life.
    Post Fight

Oliver is still unconcious, but is sort of twitching back and forth.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Post Fight

Oliver is still unconcious, but is sort of twitching back and forth.
    Post Fight

Naku sighs. Not at Oliver, but at . . . whatever that entire stupid situation had been.
    Ugh.

So Naku decides to de-stress by just spending a while chopping wood for the fireplace she'll eventually have. So when Oliver does come to, it might be to the semi-distant sound of an axe thudding into logs, splitting them for more convenient storage.

Also as for the clearing itself, it's rather dim -- though not fully dark --, and there's the rough framework (really more like just pieces of wood lain out on the ground marking walls/foundations/et al) on the ground for what will apparently be a rather large house.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Post Fight

Naku sighs. Not at Oliver, but at . . . whatever that entire stupid situation had been.
    Ugh.

So Naku decides to de-stress by just spending a while chopping wood for the fireplace she'll eventually have. So when Oliver does come to, it might be to the semi-distant sound of an axe thudding into logs, splitting them for more convenient storage.

Also as for the clearing itself, it's rather dim -- though not fully dark --, and there's the rough framework (really more like just pieces of wood lain out on the ground marking walls/foundations/et al) on the ground for what will apparently be a rather large house.
    About 15 minutes after teleportation, Oliver sits upright, startled. He looks around wildly, and upon realizing he is safe stands up.
    "Where am I? Well, the last thing I remember is...being shocked by that son of a *****!"
    He looks from left to right, then looks at his rum bottle. He gasps, and starts walking in the direction of the sounds of chopping wood.

9. - Top - End - #759

About 15 minutes after teleportation, Oliver sits upright, startled. He looks around wildly, and upon realizing he is safe stands up.
    "Where am I? Well, the last thing I remember is...being shocked by that son of a *****!"
    He looks from left to right, then looks at his rum bottle. He gasps, and starts walking in the direction of the sounds of chopping wood.
    "As for-" The axe crunches down onto another log. "Where you are, that would be my home." Naku replies, as she tosses the split quarters of the log onto the pile, and pulls up another section of log.
    "You got zapped really hard. So I brought us here."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"As for-" The axe crunches down onto another log. "Where you are, that would be my home." Naku replies, as she tosses the split quarters of the log onto the pile, and pulls up another section of log.
    "You got zapped really hard. So I brought us here."
    Post Fight
    Oliver looks utterly decimated. He says, "Why's my rum gone?" He seems to remember nothing of what happened between going to Outside and being zapped.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-07 at 06:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761

Post Fight
    Oliver looks utterly decimated. He says, "Why's my rum gone?" He seems to remember nothing of what happened between going to Outside and being zapped.
    Post Fight

"It probably spilled when you passed out. You got hit pretty hard.
    There's a town nearby if you want to get a refill."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Post Fight

"It probably spilled when you passed out. You got hit pretty hard.
    There's a town nearby if you want to get a refill."
    "Oh. Where are we, related to Inside, Outside, etc.?"" Oliver is resisting the temptation to quote Pirates of the Carribean and say, "Okay, but why's the rum gone?"

13. - Top - End - #763

"Oh. Where are we, related to Inside, Outside, etc.?"" Oliver is resisting the temptation to quote Pirates of the Carribean and say, "Okay, but why's the rum gone?"
    "Uhhhh. No where near. There's a portal back to the Nexus -- wherever you want it to take you, within reason --, back out to the south. But we're just . . .
    Very much alternate plane right now."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Uhhhh. No where near. There's a portal back to the Nexus -- wherever you want it to take you, within reason --, back out to the south. But we're just . . .
    Very much alternate plane right now."
    "Okay...why did you choose here to teleport to?" Oliver looks like he may have an idea what this place is, but doesn't want to admit it to himself.

15. - Top - End - #765

"Okay...why did you choose here to teleport to?" Oliver looks like he may have an idea what this place is, but doesn't want to admit it to himself.
    "Beeeecause this is my house?
    Also it's safe here, and seemed like a decent place to teleport to while under attack."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Beeeecause this is my house?
    Also it's safe here, and seemed like a decent place to teleport to while under attack."
    "Give it to me straight. Is this the realm of that god you know?"

17. - Top - End - #767

"Give it to me straight. Is this the realm of that god you know?"
    Naku nods once. "Yup. This is Civvy's Realm. Usually only those that follow her and have died make it here. But I get special permissions when bringing in guests."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Naku nods once. "Yup. This is Civvy's Realm. Usually only those that follow her and have died make it here. But I get special permissions when bringing in guests."
    Oliver starts nodding vigorously. "Alright. That, uh...that's...impressive? Is there any chance of me meeting this...Civvy?"

19. - Top - End - #769

Oliver starts nodding vigorously. "Alright. That, uh...that's...impressive? Is there any chance of me meeting this...Civvy?"
    "If you wish, I'm sure you could. I'm honestly kind of surprised she's not here yet. Are youuuuu. Sober? You probably don't want to be drunk for this."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"If you wish, I'm sure you could. I'm honestly kind of surprised she's not here yet. Are youuuuu. Sober? You probably don't want to be drunk for this."
    Oliver laughs and says, "I'm going to need to be a little drunk for this. There's a reason people call alcohol liquid courage."

21. - Top - End - #771

Oliver laughs and says, "I'm going to need to be a little drunk for this. There's a reason people call alcohol liquid courage."
    "Well, I mean, it'll also destroy your liver so there's that too." Civvy says, just kind of appearing behind Oliver, and frowning at him.

"Aaaand there she is."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Well, I mean, it'll also destroy your liver so there's that too." Civvy says, just kind of appearing behind Oliver, and frowning at him.

"Aaaand there she is."
    Oliver jumps a good inch out of fright, yelling,"HOLY-", then catching himself. He assumes it's not polite to swear in the presence of a god. He turns around and says, Hi, I'm Oliver Slyfield." He then awkwardly holds out his hand to shake, but halfway through switches into a bow. Real smooth, Oliver. Real smooth.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-08 at 07:40 AM.

23. - Top - End - #773

Flower Garden

"Nooo. Nono. By all means! Go for it!" Civvy says with a happy grin.
    "Very well," Jiao says with a nod. "If there are some in your realm who would watch me dance, then I am always glad to provide for them. The exact feelings will be tough to convey in my robes, though..."

24. - Top - End - #774

Oliver jumps a good inch out of fright, yelling,"HOLY-", then catching himself. He assumes it's not polite to swear in the presence of a god. He turns around and says, Hi, I'm Oliver Slyfield." He then awkwardly holds out his hand to shake, but halfway through switches into a bow. Real smooth, Oliver. Real smooth.
    Post Fight

And with a happy grin, Civvy goes for the hand shake!
    . . .
    Oh wait there he goes.
    Uhhh.
    Um.
    Uhhh.
    So Civvy just -- super smoothly -- brings her hand around to sweep some of her bangs back behind her hair.
    "And I'm Civvy, goddess of Hope!
    How're you today?"

"Very well," Jiao says with a nod. "If there are some in your realm who would watch me dance, then I am always glad to provide for them. The exact feelings will be tough to convey in my robes, though..."
    Civvy blinks a few times, having never before seemingly realized that that could be anything approaching a problem.
    "Well. There are definitely some clothing shops in the town. At least two that I can think of. You could always go get something else?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Post Fight

And with a happy grin, Civvy goes for the hand shake!
    . . .
    Oh wait there he goes.
    Uhhh.
    Um.
    Uhhh.
    So Civvy just -- super smoothly -- brings her hand around to sweep some of her bangs back behind her hair.
    "And I'm Civvy, goddess of Hope!
    How're you today?"
    "I'm doing pretty good. Just a little nervous, considering I'm meeting a god. Actually, little may be understating it." Oliver is running his hands through his hair in an especially nervous way. No, he hasn't ever met a real god before. Not sure how he managed that in the Nexus.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-09 at 07:04 AM.

26. - Top - End - #776

"I'm doing pretty good. Just a little nervous, considering I'm meeting a god. Actually, little may be understating it." Oliver is running his hands through his hair in an especially nervous way. No, he hasn't ever met a real god before. Not sure how he managed that in the Nexus.
    Civvy blinks at him several times, before her head tilts to one side.
    . . .
    And she has to brush her bangs out of her eyes again.
    "W-why? I'm not a god of war. I- I'm not going to bite." She sounds so horribly confused.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Civvy blinks at him several times, before her head tilts to one side.
    . . .
    And she has to brush her bangs out of her eyes again.
    "W-why? I'm not a god of war. I- I'm not going to bite." She sounds so horribly confused.
    "Because you're a god. You have," he says this next part in a deep, dramatic voice, "infinite power!" He goes back to his regular voice. "And me? If your level of power were the normal level of power for a human, I'd be nothing more than fly. I guess I should stop thinking that way, but I can't. Not when in the presence of a god."
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-10 at 01:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #778

"Because you're a god. You have," he says this next part in a deep, dramatic voice, "infinite power!" He goes back to his regular voice. "And me? If your level of power were the normal level of power for a human, I'd be nothing more than fly. I guess I should stop thinking that way, but I can't. Not when in the presence of a god."
    Civvy blinks a few more times, before kind of leaning to the side to give a questioning sort of 'help me' look at Naku. Naku just shrugs, and splits another log.
    "Okay. I. Um. Well. All right. So." She stops, and shakes her head a few times. "You should stop thinking about it like that. Everyone is special, and I don't talk to flies. If I thought of you as just a tiny insignificant thing, I would not be here right now.
    So that you are talking to me is proof that you're thinking about it wrong."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Civvy blinks a few more times, before kind of leaning to the side to give a questioning sort of 'help me' look at Naku. Naku just shrugs, and splits another log.
    "Okay. I. Um. Well. All right. So." She stops, and shakes her head a few times. "You should stop thinking about it like that. Everyone is special, and I don't talk to flies. If I thought of you as just a tiny insignificant thing, I would not be here right now.
    So that you are talking to me is proof that you're thinking about it wrong."
    Oliver takes a breath as if to argue, then stops and thinks.
    "****, that's a good point. He then realizes he just swore.
    "Sorry!"

30. - Top - End - #780

Oliver takes a breath as if to argue, then stops and thinks.
    "****, that's a good point. He then realizes he just swore.
    "Sorry!"
    Civvy blinks a few more times. "Oh it's fine! It's fine!" She says, waving her hands in a sort of warding 'no no really it's fine' sort of gesture. "Really, it's just the whole 'taking name in vain' thing that's bad. Just regular cussing I, at least, really don't care about. But that varies from god to god so do be careful though."
    Show