1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Grace’s House]

Niji frowns.
    ”Okay, so...what was that?” she asks.
    Grace's House

"One moment!" Grace replies, putting her notebook away with a very happy smile, before going around closing all the heavy curtains she has around the room.
    Then she turns off the lights, plunging the room into pitch darkness.

Though Niji, due to her new nature, can probably see at least fairly well in the dark.

Either way though, Grace fumbles a little bit, before flipping another switch, and turning on several blacklights. That act is what reveals what the potion did! As the colorings on Niji's tail and hair glow in the blacklights in a riotous collection of swirling, moving colors, shifting with both her movements and her heartbeats, apparently only visible under certain lighting.
    "Ooooooh~"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House ]

Niji blinks.
    ”Wait, you have a potion to make people who glow like, glow-ier? That sounds really specific.” she asks, incredulous. What a weird thing to have?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1143

[Grace’s House ]

Niji blinks.
    ”Wait, you have a potion to make people who glow like, glow-ier? That sounds really specific.” she asks, incredulous. What a weird thing to have?
    Grace's House

"Welllll. It was just your hair. And it was just a normal glow. This is more a react under a specific condition to create light. So somewhat similar, but the process for doing it is wildly different, and it applies to more than just your hair!"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

Niji blinks.
    ”But my tail already glows.”
    Nope.
    Not getting it.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Naku's Clearing

Armonia nods again as he lies back in the grass. "It is very nice and peaceful here...." Taking a deep breath, Armonia lets the moment sit in peace, taking the calming surroundings in. After said moment, Armonia quietly exclaims. "You know....as nice as this place is....I get the feeling.....this is the type of place I'll grow to hate..." A melancholy look sits on Armonia's face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

6. - Top - End - #1146

[Grace’s House]

Niji blinks.
    ”But my tail already glows.”
    Nope.
    Not getting it.
    Grace's House

Hmmm. Maybe lower the amount of scientific jargon. Grace takes a few more notes.
    "I guess the thing is now your entire tail glows. And the glow is shifting and dancing. Rather than just set bits of your tail glowing."

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Naku's Clearing

Armonia nods again as he lies back in the grass. "It is very nice and peaceful here...." Taking a deep breath, Armonia lets the moment sit in peace, taking the calming surroundings in. After said moment, Armonia quietly exclaims. "You know....as nice as this place is....I get the feeling.....this is the type of place I'll grow to hate..." A melancholy look sits on Armonia's face.
    Naku's Clearing

Naku raises an eyebrow at this.
    "Oh? How do you mean? It's too . . . quiet?" Naku ventured a guess, remaining polite, trying to allow Armonia to speak his mind.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

”Okay. Well, you may observe. I will be here for all your notes. And anything else.” Niji says, striking a number of poses.

8. - Top - End - #1148

BarbarianGuy

Naku's Clearing

"Oh no, not at all. The quiet is nice. Same with the colors and tranquility. It's just a problem that all afterlives seem to share. A false sense of Finality. As a demigod of Chaos, that goes against my very being...."
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

9. - Top - End - #1149

[Grace’s House]

”Okay. Well, you may observe. I will be here for all your notes. And anything else.” Niji says, striking a number of poses.
    Grace's House

Grace makes a few more notes, a few scribbles, and even takes a quick video on her cellphone of the way the colors keep shifting.
    "All right, all right. Thank you! We should do one more, I think. But I don't want to risk overloading your system, soooo. Ummm. This one!" Grace picks another potion, and offers it to Niji. This one's very much a deep, dark red in color.

Naku's Clearing

"Oh no, not at all. The quiet is nice. Same with the colors and tranquility. It's just a problem that all afterlives seem to share. A false sense of Finality. As a demigod of Chaos, that goes against my very being...."
    Grace's Clearing

Naku tilts her head again.
    "I see. But you are free to leave whenever you wish. And as such, I fail to see how it is different from any sort of other place you exist. All realities are permanent, and will always exist. I truly do not understand how something such as this could be very different than a regular existence, say, in the Nexus proper.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace’s House

Niji smiles and takes the new potion.
    ”Overload? So this is another easy one? No problem.” she declares and guzzles it.

11. - Top - End - #1151

BarbarianGuy

Naku's Clearing

A wide smile appears on Armonia's face. It seems he is happy to have this conversation. "An understandable, if somewhat misguided, statement. Nothing is truly permanent in existence. Realities are destroyed and reborn on a daily basis. That is the nature of Chaos, as is the nature of all things. This realm, as wonderfully peaceful as it is, will not stay the same. Why, the very fact that there is a direct portal here shows that. The thing I detest, the very thing that all realms of afterlife seem to say, is that this is it, Things will always be this way and no power can change that. Something always happens. It may be tomorrow, it may be billions of years from now. But something will come along and change things, for better or worse. The only true Absolute of any universe is that things will change."

12. - Top - End - #1152

Grace’s House

Niji smiles and takes the new potion.
    ”Overload? So this is another easy one? No problem.” she declares and guzzles it.
    Grace's House

"Oh. No. The first one was the easy on- Oooooh." Grace says, stopping when she sees Niji chug the entire thing. Well, Grace isn't one to miss a beat! So she pulls out her notebook, and starts scribbling as Niji turns into a crazy dragon lady! Though she is now about 9 feet tall, very curvy, with a large tail, some symmetric patches of scales, horns, wings, all that stuff.
    Though her hair, and all her scales, seem to inherit the dancing, glowing color patterning from the previous potion, and retain it when Grace turns the lights back on.

Naku's Clearing

A wide smile appears on Armonia's face. It seems he is happy to have this conversation. "An understandable, if somewhat misguided, statement. Nothing is truly permanent in existence. Realities are destroyed and reborn on a daily basis. That is the nature of Chaos, as is the nature of all things. This realm, as wonderfully peaceful as it is, will not stay the same. Why, the very fact that there is a direct portal here shows that. The thing I detest, the very thing that all realms of afterlife seem to say, is that this is it, Things will always be this way and no power can change that. Something always happens. It may be tomorrow, it may be billions of years from now. But something will come along and change things, for better or worse. The only true Absolute of any universe is that things will change."
    Naku's Clearing

Naku tilts her head slightly. There's something bothering her about his explanation, though she has no idea what, nor, really, how to put words to it even if she knew.
    "But that rule, by its own nature, is an absolute, and therefor cannot change. Therefor it will always remain constant, thus invalidating itself."
    Oh. There were the words for it.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1153

BarbarianGuy

Naku's Clearing

Armonia bursts out laughing loudly, the sound boisterous and deep, yet melodious and light. "Yes, I guess that's true. It's a paradox for sure, but doesn't make it any less true. Without Chaos, without change, nothing could exist. Especially this realm."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"Grace!" Niji yells with her now deeper, booming dragon voice. "Why didn't you tell me this would make me big?! I just bought those!" she says, gesturing at her clothes which were clearly not meant for someone of her current stature. She takes a step forward, and fully realizes what Grace's first potion did to her. She picked up slithering oddly fast, didn't she? Her instincts have completely changed, and even with human memories having legs is mostly a foreign concept to her brain. She trips immediately, and is sent careening into the hapless researcher.

15. - Top - End - #1155

Naku's Clearing

Armonia bursts out laughing loudly, the sound boisterous and deep, yet melodious and light. "Yes, I guess that's true. It's a paradox for sure, but doesn't make it any less true. Without Chaos, without change, nothing could exist. Especially this realm."
    Naku's Clearing

"I suppose that is fair. Though, I will admit, I do enjoy a certain amount of order and structure in life. I've had . . . plenty of chaos and excitement. I'd like to relax."

[Grace's House]

"Grace!" Niji yells with her now deeper, booming dragon voice. "Why didn't you tell me this would make me big?! I just bought those!" she says, gesturing at her clothes which were clearly not meant for someone of her current stature. She takes a step forward, and fully realizes what Grace's first potion did to her. She picked up slithering oddly fast, didn't she? Her instincts have completely changed, and even with human memories having legs is mostly a foreign concept to her brain. She trips immediately, and is sent careening into the hapless researcher.
    Grace's House

Grace shrinks back a bit from the booming voice. Not because she's scared or anything, but just because it's reaaaally loud. "I mean. I started to, then you downed all of it-" Is about all the argument Grace gets out, before her large dragon assistant falls forwards onto her.
    Grace narrowly avoids death, and rather stays half-curled up where she is, pinned down. ". . . though maybe I should have spoken faster." She does concede.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

”Yep. You could’ve. Will you be able to take notes from down there?” Niji asks with a wry grin, tail and wings lashing as she gets into a slightly more comfortable position without actually getting up. That’s what Grace gets for ruining that nice shirt!

17. - Top - End - #1157

BarbarianGuy

Naku's Clearing

"Oh absolutely! Please don't misunderstand me. Unlike others of my kind, I actually see value in Law and Order. It's needed to for life and reality to stay stable enough to exist for more than a few seconds. While it is no doubt necessary to existence, Law or Order is by no means an equal, or an opposite to Chaos. In my opinion of course."

18. - Top - End - #1158

[Grace’s House]

”Yep. You could’ve. Will you be able to take notes from down there?” Niji asks with a wry grin, tail and wings lashing as she gets into a slightly more comfortable position without actually getting up. That’s what Grace gets for ruining that nice shirt!
    Grace's House

"Dooooubtful." Grace admits, squirming to try to get out from under Niji.
    She fails though, and after a moment or three, just sighs slightly and resigns herself.
    ". . . sorry about that." She mumbles really quietly, leaning back a bit. Might as well try to twist her leg free and be a bit more comfortable.

Naku's Clearing

"Oh absolutely! Please don't misunderstand me. Unlike others of my kind, I actually see value in Law and Order. It's needed to for life and reality to stay stable enough to exist for more than a few seconds. While it is no doubt necessary to existence, Law or Order is by no means an equal, or an opposite to Chaos. In my opinion of course."
    Naku's Clearing

Naku nods a few times. Everything he had just said made sense.
    She definitely preferred the more quiet life, but that was nothing for or against either of them in this argument.
    "Well that's good. I would hate to be asked to throw you out because you were upsetting the balance of everything." Naku admits with a bit of a jovial smile.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1159

BarbarianGuy

Naku's Clearing

Armonia jumps back up then brushes himself off. "You still might need to throw me out. I have no idea why I was sent here in the first place. Usually when I die, I end up in the Hall of the Immortals." Armonia unhilts his sword and swings it dramatically, placing it on his shoulder. "Until I figure it out, I'm more than happy to help out with anything if you need it." A big smile stays on Armonia's face. Naku is much more pleasant when chaotic magic isn't screwing with Armonia's head.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace’s House

”I mean it’s no problem really you bought it. Um. Sorry.” Niji mutters, relaxing a little. She doesn’t like making Grace actually uncomfortable. She’s still leaning on Grace but the chemist can now escape if she wants.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Naku's Clearing

Armonia jumps back up then brushes himself off. "You still might need to throw me out. I have no idea why I was sent here in the first place. Usually when I die, I end up in the Hall of the Immortals." Armonia unhilts his sword and swings it dramatically, placing it on his shoulder. "Until I figure it out, I'm more than happy to help out with anything if you need it." A big smile stays on Armonia's face. Naku is much more pleasant when chaotic magic isn't screwing with Armonia's head.
    Naku's Clearing

Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?

Naku raises a bit of an eyebrow. "There is no need for the sword. I would only be called in to ask you to leave if you were causing problems, being rude, disruptive, or actively threatening people.
    I was not meaning to make threats, I simply was wanting to be fully transparent and let you know of my own expected duties. Especially as, if requested, I could not decline to do so."
    Naku remains entirely calm, fully at ease, and sitting on a log, a friendly half-smile on her face.

Grace’s House

”I mean it’s no problem really you bought it. Um. Sorry.” Niji mutters, relaxing a little. She doesn’t like making Grace actually uncomfortable. She’s still leaning on Grace but the chemist can now escape if she wants.
    Grace's House

"Pffffff don't be sorry! I was the one that got it." Grace wiggles a biiiit more, getting very comfortable where she was. "Besides. Science is best observed from close. Though while I don't thiiiiink they meant 'let a dragon land on you', who needs notes right now." She sounds, and rather looks, entirely at ease, and very unwilling to move. "How do you feeeel?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"Okay." Niji says simply. She looks around, as her scales send lights dancing all over the room. She kicks her legs, wings, and tail about the room for about a minute.
    "I don't think I like having legs much. Can I go back to having just a tail please?" she asks Grace, having apparently gotten bored already.

23. - Top - End - #1163

BarbarianGuy

Naku's Clearing

Armonia tilts his head in confusion. "What threats? Nothing you've said is even remotely threatening. Why would I take it as such? If anything, I sounded threatening, what with saying I may have to create massive chaos and havoc if that was why I was sent here. Though I feel I wasn't sent here for that......but you never know right? Now would you like help with anything? You never actually gave an answer....." Armonia plants his sword in the ground and leans on it, the confused look remaining on his face.

24. - Top - End - #1164

[Grace's House]

"Okay." Niji says simply. She looks around, as her scales send lights dancing all over the room. She kicks her legs, wings, and tail about the room for about a minute.
    "I don't think I like having legs much. Can I go back to having just a tail please?" she asks Grace, having apparently gotten bored already.
    Grace's House

"NNnnno actually. Right now, anyway. It'll wear off soon! I promise! But I'm nooot sure you want to keep blending more potions in. We couuuuuld. But I can't assure you they'll do anything like requested." Grace warns from under Niji.

Naku's Clearing

Armonia tilts his head in confusion. "What threats? Nothing you've said is even remotely threatening. Why would I take it as such? If anything, I sounded threatening, what with saying I may have to create massive chaos and havoc if that was why I was sent here. Though I feel I wasn't sent here for that......but you never know right? Now would you like help with anything? You never actually gave an answer....." Armonia plants his sword in the ground and leans on it, the confused look remaining on his face.
    Naku's Clearing

Naku bows her head at that slightly. "I see. Where I am from, one does not simply draw their blade unless they intend to use it.
    But that is quite all right. I am not in need of assistance at the moment. I am just collecting logs to prepare breaking them down into more usable sizes. And while the task is somewhat long, it is none too difficult. I do appreciate your offer, however."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1165

BarbarianGuy

Naku's Clearing

"Very well! I'll be off then!" Armonia smiles widely, picking up his sword again. "Oh, and I did intend to use my sword, just....you know...not for the slashing and stabbing of local bystanders." Armonia points his sword straight up into the air, balancing the hilt on the palm of his hand. Runes begin to glow brightly along its edge. The blade quickly falls 90 degrees, the tip pointing towards Naku's left side. "Aha! Strong source of chaotic energy that way! I'm gonna go check that out." Armonia sheathed his sword, then digs into his pack. After a moment, he pulls out a small gem. "If you need to find me for whatever reason, this gem can point the way." Armonia casually tosses the gem at Naku. She will see that it is in the shape of an arrow head, the sides gleaming with every color in the spectrum.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Niji grins wider.
    "Oh, what's it gonna do? Turn me into a giant snake lady with rainbow hair?" she says, putting a little bit more weight on Grace to remind her of that little incident.
    "Really, I can probably take it. After all, you're paying me. But if you don't want to, that's fine." she says, curling up her wings and rolling over so Grace can be freed.

27. - Top - End - #1167

Naku's Clearing

"Very well! I'll be off then!" Armonia smiles widely, picking up his sword again. "Oh, and I did intend to use my sword, just....you know...not for the slashing and stabbing of local bystanders." Armonia points his sword straight up into the air, balancing the hilt on the palm of his hand. Runes begin to glow brightly along its edge. The blade quickly falls 90 degrees, the tip pointing towards Naku's left side. "Aha! Strong source of chaotic energy that way! I'm gonna go check that out." Armonia sheathed his sword, then digs into his pack. After a moment, he pulls out a small gem. "If you need to find me for whatever reason, this gem can point the way." Armonia casually tosses the gem at Naku. She will see that it is in the shape of an arrow head, the sides gleaming with every color in the spectrum.
    Naku's Clearing

Naku holds a hand out to catch the gem, and looks at it, before putting it down next to her.
    "And if you need me, just give me a shout. If you're in the realm I'll come running. Have fun." She makes no move to stop him.

[Grace's House]

Niji grins wider.
    "Oh, what's it gonna do? Turn me into a giant snake lady with rainbow hair?" she says, putting a little bit more weight on Grace to remind her of that little incident.
    "Really, I can probably take it. After all, you're paying me. But if you don't want to, that's fine." she says, curling up her wings and rolling over so Grace can be freed.
    Grace's House

Grace shrugs. "It might." Though she does grump just a bit.
    Though she does force herself up to her feet, making sure to gather her notepad on the way. "I mean I suppose we could add one more. If you really want."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"I dunno. I just don't like...how I'm balanced right now. And I want you to get your money's worth when you're paying me! If it's dangerous, let's not. I guess I could go to bed..."
    But Niji does really want that money. It's only been a few minutes, she wants a lot!

29. - Top - End - #1169

[Grace's House]

"I dunno. I just don't like...how I'm balanced right now. And I want you to get your money's worth when you're paying me! If it's dangerous, let's not. I guess I could go to bed..."
    But Niji does really want that money. It's only been a few minutes, she wants a lot!
    Grace's House

"Hmmm. Balance issues?" Grace asks, scribbling some notes. "How do you mean? What do you feel strange?
    And believe me, you simply answering questions is absolutely giving me my money's worth. So far, you are doing perfectly at your new job!"
    Grace reassures Niji, not wanting to make Niji feel bad for not being able to help, when truly, she is helping a lot.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace’s House

Niji paces slow about the room, awkward on her feet. Lights dance across the room as she goes.
    ”I dunno, I can’t tell if it’s the legs or the feet or the tail. I just don’t feel balanced right.”