New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1371

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

[Entrance]

"Yes, you are." Reinholdt still thinks it's Naku! That accent makes it impossible to tell that she's actually intentionally saying Nyaku instead of Naku. I'm sure Rein will be even more confused down the road.

Rein looks surprised though! "She does? Dang. I would have been wandering for hours. You're a lifesaver Naku." Or at least a time saver. "I absolutely would appreciate you taking me there, thank you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Entrance]

"Yes, you are." Reinholdt still thinks it's Naku! That accent makes it impossible to tell that she's actually intentionally saying Nyaku instead of Naku. I'm sure Rein will be even more confused down the road.

Rein looks surprised though! "She does? Dang. I would have been wandering for hours. You're a lifesaver Naku." Or at least a time saver. "I absolutely would appreciate you taking me there, thank you."
    Entrance

Oh no! Rein is confused! There's only one thing to be done!
    "Nyaku." She corrects, making it worse!

She purrs quietly, she actually purrs, at the thanks. "Nnnyou nyare very wyelcome~ Thyis way!" And with that, Nyaku leads them both off on the not-too-long-but-also-not-too-short walk to Grace's house!
    The crazy chemist is definitely inside, and so Nyaku hops up the few steps onto the large front porch of Grace's rather large house, and turns to make sure Rein followed. "Nyaaaaand we're hyere! Dyo mew want tyo knyock nyor shall Nyi?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Portal

"We can absolutely do basic! Mold would be waaaay easier though, I promise.
    A bit more physical effort, but a lot easier to get what you actually want. We should head back to my place, if you would like to just go do that now?"
    [Portal]

Kray shrugs.
    "Um. Sure. That's what I came here to do."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

[By Grace]

"Umm... Y-yes?" Naku. He got it the first time. He got it before the first time. What?

Dismissing it as one of those situations where you hear the other person talking, but don't understand even though all the words make sense and presuming that just happened to Naku, Rein follows the catgirl and walks to Grace's house. Finally, someone who understands the value in walking!

"Hmm... You know what, you should go ahead and knock Naku. I already know how boring my knock is." So he'd rather see someone else's! He's not expecting anything elaborate really. He wouldn't have even thought of it in the first place if she hadn't asked him about it. But when in Civvy's, act like a Civvizan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1205

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Portal]

Kray shrugs.
    "Um. Sure. That's what I came here to do."
    Portal -> Grace's House, at a different time

"Then let's goooooo." Grace leads the way back to her place. It's a fairly short walk, but enjoyable.
    She gets home, opens the door, and heads right on in, inviting Kray to follow.
    "So if you would like to hang out for a few minutes, I can head downstairs and get your stuff mixed up. I shouldn't be too long; feel free to entertain yourself with whatever."

[By Grace]

"Umm... Y-yes?" Naku. He got it the first time. He got it before the first time. What?

Dismissing it as one of those situations where you hear the other person talking, but don't understand even though all the words make sense and presuming that just happened to Naku, Rein follows the catgirl and walks to Grace's house. Finally, someone who understands the value in walking!

"Hmm... You know what, you should go ahead and knock Naku. I already know how boring my knock is." So he'd rather see someone else's! He's not expecting anything elaborate really. He wouldn't have even thought of it in the first place if she hadn't asked him about it. But when in Civvy's, act like a Civvizan.
    Grace's Place at an Earlier Time

Nyaku nods a few times, and then knocks. Her knock isn't too exciting.
    Just putting both hands up next to the door in little fists, and then spazzing them both quickly so that the knocking almost sounds like a single noise.

And there's no answer.
    So Nyaku tries again.
    And again.

Then she pouts. This was no good! Especially with Rein watching!
    So in a moment of brilliance, she places one fingernail -- almost a claw, really -- against the door, and draws it down, along the paint.
    Before she could get a quarter of an inch, the door throws itself open, and Grace is there, looking somewhat peeved at the destruction of her door.

Where did Nyaku go? She was just here. She was just scratching the door.
    Now she's just gone, as soon as the door opened.
    What a silly kitty.

"Oh, hello, Reinholdt." Grace says, confused as to how he's several feet away from the door, when she just heard someone start to damage it.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Rein almost suggests giving up after the third knock and coming back another time, but Nyaku takes door knocking to a whole new level. And then Grace is there and Nyaku... isn't?

"Oh there was, I saw, umm- it was- Hi?" Reinholdt replies to Grace just as confused as her. Probably more so. Nyaku has been a little weird since the beginning but there was certainly no warning for that one.

"... How are you?" Reinholdt asks, still awkwardly standing a few feet from the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House, Different Time]

Kray nods, and promptly collapses onto the largest piece of furniture she can find that will likely support her weight.
    And then she waits.
    Kray is a very patient person.

8. - Top - End - #1208

[Grace's Place]

Rein almost suggests giving up after the third knock and coming back another time, but Nyaku takes door knocking to a whole new level. And then Grace is there and Nyaku... isn't?

"Oh there was, I saw, umm- it was- Hi?" Reinholdt replies to Grace just as confused as her. Probably more so. Nyaku has been a little weird since the beginning but there was certainly no warning for that one.

"... How are you?" Reinholdt asks, still awkwardly standing a few feet from the door.
    Grace's Places

Silly kitties! Look away or get distracted for even a moment and bam, there they go.
    "Oh, I'm. I'm quite all right.
    Would you come in, please?"
    Grace offers, pulling the door further open, and stepping slightly to the side.

[Grace's House, Different Time]

Kray nods, and promptly collapses onto the largest piece of furniture she can find that will likely support her weight.
    And then she waits.
    Kray is a very patient person.
    Grace's House, but Later

"Okay so," Grace says, coming back out from her lab several minutes later with two vials, and two thing, molded pieces of plastic.
    "I have everything you want here, and some directions for you. As well as a question before we proceed: these are two specific operations, well, operations just in the meaning that one thing will happen, and then the next, no surgery or anything," she rambles just a bit, "anyway, the long and short of it is these should not be done within about 6 hours of each other, or the effects might start stepping on each other a bit.
    So, would you feel comfortable with directions and left to your own devices, or would you rather crash here for a while? You are more than welcome to stay if you would like."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Places]

"Certainly. Thank you," Reinholdt says, going to move inside, curious as to what Grace's house looks like. Sloopy and covered in goo and scientific hazards? Meticulously neat? Surprisingly normal to hide the secret laboratory?

The inquiring public must know!

"Sorry about the door. I think." Should he be sorry about that? Well he kinda is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #1210

[Grace's Places]

"Certainly. Thank you," Reinholdt says, going to move inside, curious as to what Grace's house looks like. Sloopy and covered in goo and scientific hazards? Meticulously neat? Surprisingly normal to hide the secret laboratory?

The inquiring public must know!

"Sorry about the door. I think." Should he be sorry about that? Well he kinda is.
    Grace's Places

"Of course! It's always lovely to have guests." The inside of Grace's house is actually quite neat! It's fairly tidy, clean, but well enough decorated to obviously be a well established home.
    Definitely the latter option.

"Oh, it's quite all right. I opened it before any damage was done.
    Can I interest you in anything to eat or drink?
    Coffee or tea, at the least?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Reinholdt peers around. This isn't cluttered at all! How can he understand Grace's soul if she doesn't bare it all over the place? Ah well.

"There won't be any untested experimental concoctions involved will there?" Reinholdt asks, looking at Grace just a little suspiciously. She's always been on the up and up as far as Rein knows, but you start distrusting things after any amount of time spent around Tovia's 'cooking'.

"I suppose tea would be fine, thank you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #1212

[Grace's Place]

Reinholdt peers around. This isn't cluttered at all! How can he understand Grace's soul if she doesn't bare it all over the place? Ah well.

"There won't be any untested experimental concoctions involved will there?" Reinholdt asks, looking at Grace just a little suspiciously. She's always been on the up and up as far as Rein knows, but you start distrusting things after any amount of time spent around Tovia's 'cooking'.

"I suppose tea would be fine, thank you."
    Grace's Places

Can he not tell? Pristine and keeping stuff clean and spotless and have nothing worth inquiring about on the surface, though without seeing the lab, who knows what the inner layers reveal.

"Oh no. I had an . . . accident relating to those not long ago. I'm still not sure how it happened, truthfully. But since then I've been far more vigilant about untested experimental things, and keeping them in the lab where they belong. Anything you find in the kitchen is simply regular food or drink." She appears to take no offence as Rein's suspicions. After all, they weren't entirely unjustified.

"All right!" With that, they arrive in the kitchen! Which is also clean, though shows signs of quite a bit of use. Just that it actually gets cleaned after being used.
    What a crazy lady.
    "Tea cabinet is here," Grace continues, opening a cupboard door, revealing several different types of tea. She leans down to bop a switch on the side of an electric kettle, to get the water heating. "Feel free, help yourself to whatever."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Places]

This kitchen looks so nice. It's the type of situation that summons forth an instinct in Rein. He just wants to take Grace and... knock something off her counter. Anything. Especially if it's breakable. Rein manages to suppress his animal instincts for the time being though.

"Ah, thank you. You're too kind," Reinholdt says as he starts making some chamomile tea. Just enough for two, should Grace find herself wanting some as well. "I feel bad taking advantage of your hospitality this way, especially since I came to ask you a favor of sorts."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

”I don’t really trust myself with magic...I suppose six hours is not a very long time to spend here. As long as you don’t mind me being here.” She would hate to intrude but this whole realm does seem pretty relaxed.

15. - Top - End - #1215

[Entrance]

Three people step through the portal. One of them, a young blonde wearing a white sundress with owl wings coming out the back, shines with divine energy for a second. A polite ping to let her sister know she's here before she conceals her aura to a respectful minimum. The second is a human male in his late twenties, wearing a black suit and a white shirt with a dark green tie. He looks around with a carefree smile. The last is a female elf of indeterminate age and she fidgets nervously at her unfamiliar business casual attire. They wait at the entrance for a minute in case someone is sent to greet them, but if nobody appears right away they're going to walk up the path to the crossroads and start exploring.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #1216

[Grace's Places]

This kitchen looks so nice. It's the type of situation that summons forth an instinct in Rein. He just wants to take Grace and... knock something off her counter. Anything. Especially if it's breakable. Rein manages to suppress his animal instincts for the time being though.

"Ah, thank you. You're too kind," Reinholdt says as he starts making some chamomile tea. Just enough for two, should Grace find herself wanting some as well. "I feel bad taking advantage of your hospitality this way, especially since I came to ask you a favor of sorts."
    [Grace's Places]

"Oh, not at all!" Grace says with a pleasant, happy smile. "I don't get guests often, and I quite enjoy offering hospitality.
    What can I do for you?"
    Grace asks, unknowingly happy that Rein didn't decide to ruin her semblance of order and knock things off the counter.

[Grace’s House]

”I don’t really trust myself with magic...I suppose six hours is not a very long time to spend here. As long as you don’t mind me being here.” She would hate to intrude but this whole realm does seem pretty relaxed.
    Grace's House

"Of course! You are welcome to stay as long as you wish.
    In that case though, let's get right to it!
    Which do you want to start with?"
    Grace asks, holding up both slightly-glowing potions.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Entrance]

Three people step through the portal. One of them, a young blonde wearing a white sundress with owl wings coming out the back, shines with divine energy for a second. A polite ping to let her sister know she's here before she conceals her aura to a respectful minimum. The second is a human male in his late twenties, wearing a black suit and a white shirt with a dark green tie. He looks around with a carefree smile. The last is a female elf of indeterminate age and she fidgets nervously at her unfamiliar business casual attire. They wait at the entrance for a minute in case someone is sent to greet them, but if nobody appears right away they're going to walk up the path to the crossroads and start exploring.
    Entrance

And all of a sudden, in a small, maybe 10 foot radius flurry of ice and snow, thick enough that specific shapes are just impossible to make out through it. Maybe a vague, humanoid outline in the twisting flakes of snow.
    Then, as quickly as the snow appeared, it is gone.
    And standing in the place the flurry had been, is Naku!
    Tall, slender, and wearing an oddly pink kimono, she nods once, politely, at the newcomers.
    "Welcome."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1217

[Entrance]

The trio had been expecting someone to appear in a surprising or startling manner, but none of them had expected their greeter to arrive in a localized blizzard. It just seems so out of place in this pleasant realm, like having your pizza delivered by a uniformed policeman with flashing lights and a somber expression, who regrets to inform you that there has been an accident: the kitchen has added an extra topping of bacon which the manager made sure you weren't charged for. In this case, it's the pink kimono that transmutes their apprehension into relief and amusement. If the divine servants of Civiron had an official uniform that would have to be it.

The women defer to the man, glancing between him and Naku as they wait for him to answer her. He just gives her a friendly "Hello," before turning to the winged Goddess and gesturing for her to take charge, to try and smooth their way.
    "Oh, okay. Greetings, Miss... um. We are here to seek aid from Lady Civiron. Well, they are. I'm here to introduce them and visit. Civvy is my sister." She's made awkward by not knowing how to address Naku. And, frankly, she's not that good at formal etiquette and interdeity diplomacy.

18. - Top - End - #1218

[Entrance]

The trio had been expecting someone to appear in a surprising or startling manner, but none of them had expected their greeter to arrive in a localized blizzard. It just seems so out of place in this pleasant realm, like having your pizza delivered by a uniformed policeman with flashing lights and a somber expression, who regrets to inform you that there has been an accident: the kitchen has added an extra topping of bacon which the manager made sure you weren't charged for. In this case, it's the pink kimono that transmutes their apprehension into relief and amusement. If the divine servants of Civiron had an official uniform that would have to be it.

The women defer to the man, glancing between him and Naku as they wait for him to answer her. He just gives her a friendly "Hello," before turning to the winged Goddess and gesturing for her to take charge, to try and smooth their way.
    "Oh, okay. Greetings, Miss... um. We are here to seek aid from Lady Civiron. Well, they are. I'm here to introduce them and visit. Civvy is my sister." She's made awkward by not knowing how to address Naku. And, frankly, she's not that good at formal etiquette and interdeity diplomacy.
    Entrance

Naku's head tilts to the side slightly, her thick, dark purple hair crossing from one side to the other. "Are you . . . Angela, then?" Naku asks, a bit of an odd accent on the name. "I am Naku. I am here to act as a guide, and help you find what you are here for."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1219

[Entrance]

"Close! There are four Goddesses who started as Aspects of Angela before splitting off into their own deities: Rhapsodia, Soteira, Kynegetis, and Kore." She hastens to explain. She could have just said she was a younger sister of the (in)famous Angela and left it at that, but that would be an oversimplification. "I am Soteira, Goddess of the Hunted and the Dead. Daughter of King Tobias and Queen Orianna, who is the mother of Civiron." That's also an oversimplification, but a more polite one. The truth behind this family's theogonies is embarrassing, a decade later.
    She introduces the others, first the human and then the elf. "From the Royal Clandestine Agency's Nexus Station... Chief Khan and Vice-chief of Support, um, NIGHT DESK. That's a codename. I can't pronounce her actual one and I guess it's a secret anyways."

The Station Chief steps forward and offers his hand to Naku. Up close she'll be able to see his cheerful demeanor belies a deep exhaustion, with makeup covering dark circles under his bloodshot eyes. "You're her new Champion, aren't you? It's an honor to finally meet you."

20. - Top - End - #1220

[Entrance]

"Close! There are four Goddesses who started as Aspects of Angela before splitting off into their own deities: Rhapsodia, Soteira, Kynegetis, and Kore." She hastens to explain. She could have just said she was a younger sister of the (in)famous Angela and left it at that, but that would be an oversimplification. "I am Soteira, Goddess of the Hunted and the Dead. Daughter of King Tobias and Queen Orianna, who is the mother of Civiron." That's also an oversimplification, but a more polite one. The truth behind this family's theogonies is embarrassing, a decade later.
    She introduces the others, first the human and then the elf. "From the Royal Clandestine Agency's Nexus Station... Chief Khan and Vice-chief of Support, um, NIGHT DESK. That's a codename. I can't pronounce her actual one and I guess it's a secret anyways."

The Station Chief steps forward and offers his hand to Naku. Up close she'll be able to see his cheerful demeanor belies a deep exhaustion, with makeup covering dark circles under his bloodshot eyes. "You're her new Champion, aren't you? It's an honor to finally meet you."
    Entrance

"I see." Naku says, politely, listening, and doing her best to let Soteria finish speaking before she spoke, as is polite.
    "It is a pleasure to meet you, Soteira."

And then before she can nod and make her welcomes to the other two, Khan approaches her, and offers a hand. She takes it, and her grip is politely firm, without being crushing. "I am." She admits, at the question. "Though I am afraid you catch me unaware and at the disadvantage."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1221

[Entrance]

"Have I? Not too surprising, really, since the Agency likes to keep a low profile. Still, we're on the same side. Organizational cousins, in a manner of speaking." Khan studies her closely with his grey eyes, taking in her full measure and professionally evaluating her. As a psychic of modest talent, he could theoretically try to read her mind to get a better idea of what kind of woman Civvy chose as Her Champion. But he has three good reasons not to: it would be incredibly, offensively rude; many paladins tend to be protected against that sort of empathic intrusion one way or another; and finally, he couldn't win a mental tug of war with anybody who's not braindead right now. So that leaves his mundane powers of observation. "I'm not sure where to start explaining what I do. Clandestinely gather intelligence and carry out operations for the Royal Family, obviously, but that's really vague. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, if that would help take you from the disadvantage."

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

[Civiron's Realm]

"Start with the horns. It's the one I'm going to need your help most with." Kray says, sitting up. It's also the one she's most unsure about. But surely the alchemist working for a goddess knows what she's doing?

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    [Grace's Places]

"Oh, not at all!" Grace says with a pleasant, happy smile. "I don't get guests often, and I quite enjoy offering hospitality.
    What can I do for you?"
    Grace asks, unknowingly happy that Rein didn't decide to ruin her semblance of order and knock things off the counter.
    [Grace's Place]

Rein leans against the counter whilst waiting on the tea, trying to figure out how to word his request, having never really recruited before. "Well, I came here to try and entice you to join HALO actually. I think you'd be a good fit for the new direction we're trying to take."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1224

[Entrance]

"Have I? Not too surprising, really, since the Agency likes to keep a low profile. Still, we're on the same side. Organizational cousins, in a manner of speaking." Khan studies her closely with his grey eyes, taking in her full measure and professionally evaluating her. As a psychic of modest talent, he could theoretically try to read her mind to get a better idea of what kind of woman Civvy chose as Her Champion. But he has three good reasons not to: it would be incredibly, offensively rude; many paladins tend to be protected against that sort of empathic intrusion one way or another; and finally, he couldn't win a mental tug of war with anybody who's not braindead right now. So that leaves his mundane powers of observation. "I'm not sure where to start explaining what I do. Clandestinely gather intelligence and carry out operations for the Royal Family, obviously, but that's really vague. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, if that would help take you from the disadvantage."
    Entrance

It's actually quite difficult to get a read of Naku, just looking at her.
    At least right now, anyway. Since she's all up in a long kimono. Her hands, though, have enough of a collection of very pale, nearly entirely faded scars to betray quite a history of violence.
    "I am afraid that, really, for now about all I can manage is just who are you. I am sure I will think of more questions for you as we go, however. Do you, perchance, have any questions of me?"

[Civiron's Realm]

"Start with the horns. It's the one I'm going to need your help most with." Kray says, sitting up. It's also the one she's most unsure about. But surely the alchemist working for a goddess knows what she's doing?
    Grace's House

"Sure!" Grace nods a few times, "Let's seeeeee." Grace juggles both potions into one hand, and fishes around in a pocket for her phone. She bops it a bit, and then sets it and one of the potions down on the table. "Alarm'll go off in about 7 hours, and let us know it's time.
    Go ahead and drink this one whenever you are ready!"
    Grace says, offering the horn-related potion. "No rush, no pressure, if you still want a bit of time, all good. Whenever you feel ready."

[Grace's Place]

Rein leans against the counter whilst waiting on the tea, trying to figure out how to word his request, having never really recruited before. "Well, I came here to try and entice you to join HALO actually. I think you'd be a good fit for the new direction we're trying to take."
    [Grace's Place

Grace blinks a few times, and tilts her head slightly, hopping up to sit on one of her countertops, not too far from Rein.
    "I had heard some rumors HALO was coming back.
    What is this new direction, before I sign on board?"
    Though the tone of her voice is very much of one welcoming the idea, though still curious as to the specifics.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace's house

Kray shakes her head free of doubt and takes the potion.
    "No time like the present." she says simply, and downs it.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

What? She's on the countertop? Rein should be sitting somewhere higher. But it might be rude to climb up on top of the fridge just for a conversation. Grr. You win this time Grace.

"Well we're looking to invest more into the investigative side of situations. Forensics, investigative journalism, research and development, that sort of thing. We have labs and libraries that are being sorely underutilized right now and we're hoping to fill them with the best and brightest until HALO is practically a think tank of well intentioned nerds. Uh, no offense." Nerds is a compliment nowadays right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #1227

Grace's house

Kray shakes her head free of doubt and takes the potion.
    "No time like the present." she says simply, and downs it.
    Grace's House

"All right!" Grace says, clapping her hands together, even as Kray's horns might start to feel a bit . . . droopy.
    "Now this is gonna feel kinda goofy, but it's for a good cause I swear, kneel down please if you would, I need to, with the," She holds up the odd horn-shaped plastic . . . mold, really. Couldn't be anything else.

[Grace's Place]

What? She's on the countertop? Rein should be sitting somewhere higher. But it might be rude to climb up on top of the fridge just for a conversation. Grr. You win this time Grace.

"Well we're looking to invest more into the investigative side of situations. Forensics, investigative journalism, research and development, that sort of thing. We have labs and libraries that are being sorely underutilized right now and we're hoping to fill them with the best and brightest until HALO is practically a think tank of well intentioned nerds. Uh, no offense." Nerds is a compliment nowadays right?
    Grace's House

"None taken at all." Grace says with a wave of her hand, and happy smile. "Sure. I'll join up. Those all sound rather up my alley. I'd love to help out."
    Well. That was rather easy. "I absolutely do not want to, and will not directly, make or design weapons though. I doubt it would be asked, but I do want my terms open and up front."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace’s House]

Kray flinches as her horns begin to lose their hardness and droop. It’s actually kind of terrifying.
    ”Um. Yes. Alright. There. Is that low enough? What did you make the mold like?” she asks, kneeling down. The horns she was born with were smooth, but Rassa’s have an odd wavy sort of pattern even as they loop around her head. Or did. Now they just hang.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Reinholdt considers for a moment and opens his mouth. What about the exceptions? Surely there's times when analyzing some ancient demon's weak points also means creating the ultimate exorcism tools? Rein closes his mouth again. It wouldn't be right to test those limits. Surely Grace has already considered this point in detail and this is what she's decided. If there are exceptions, he'll just find another way rather than imposing.

"Yeah, deal. No weapons. Honestly it's not really the type of thing we're trying to promote anyways. Breakthroughs in cures or countering famine or lightweight protective gear or what have you is more what we're gunning for." Reinholdt gives Grace the stupidest grin. Maybe Grace could find a vaccine for puns. It's not like anyone's actually starved to death in the Nexus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1230

[Grace’s House]

Kray flinches as her horns begin to lose their hardness and droop. It’s actually kind of terrifying.
    ”Um. Yes. Alright. There. Is that low enough? What did you make the mold like?” she asks, kneeling down. The horns she was born with were smooth, but Rassa’s have an odd wavy sort of pattern even as they loop around her head. Or did. Now they just hang.
    Grace's House

"Yup, perfect! Thank you~" and with that, Grace moves pretty quickly, and finagles Kray's horns into the mold, before working a few clasps and clamping it shut. A few hours should lead to horns matching the picture she had been given as closely as she could manage, without even any seams from the mold!
    "Aaaand now just . . . you can do whatever. Just don't take that off for a few hours, and then when they finish solidifying they should be all good!"

[Grace's Place]

Reinholdt considers for a moment and opens his mouth. What about the exceptions? Surely there's times when analyzing some ancient demon's weak points also means creating the ultimate exorcism tools? Rein closes his mouth again. It wouldn't be right to test those limits. Surely Grace has already considered this point in detail and this is what she's decided. If there are exceptions, he'll just find another way rather than imposing.

"Yeah, deal. No weapons. Honestly it's not really the type of thing we're trying to promote anyways. Breakthroughs in cures or countering famine or lightweight protective gear or what have you is more what we're gunning for." Reinholdt gives Grace the stupidest grin. Maybe Grace could find a vaccine for puns. It's not like anyone's actually starved to death in the Nexus.
    Grace's Places

Well, if there are exceptions, then those could be discussed with her at the time. She'd probably be willing to help out, she just doesn't want, of course, to be told 'hey go make a new type of gun to kill X'.

But then she laughs, a rich, happy, genuine laugh at Rein's silly joke. Her hair falls loose as her head tilts back, and it takes a few moments before, with a happy sigh, she shakes her head and looks back at Rein.
    "Yeah, of course. Those sort of discoveries are exactly up my alley, and I would be delighted to help."
    Show