New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1371

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

[Grace's Place]

"...Huh." Rein tilts his head. "Isn't... So... Hmm." Must be trying to wrap his head around the idea.

"I can't imagine someone's normal daily life on tv being more interesting than our regular lives. Unless dragons are involved. Are dragons involved?" Rein's shoulder is indeed comfortable, and quite bare of any heads resting upon it. His attention is primarily upon the movie, even if he is whisper talking throughout, though he glances at Grace now and again, usually to watch her reaction to the best parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Grace's Place]

"...Huh." Rein tilts his head. "Isn't... So... Hmm." Must be trying to wrap his head around the idea.

"I can't imagine someone's normal daily life on tv being more interesting than our regular lives. Unless dragons are involved. Are dragons involved?" Rein's shoulder is indeed comfortable, and quite bare of any heads resting upon it. His attention is primarily upon the movie, even if he is whisper talking throughout, though he glances at Grace now and again, usually to watch her reaction to the best parts.
    Grace's Place

"Ooooh, there are sometimes dragons! Or magic, or gangs, or serial killers using punchghosts. It's all quite fun." And just like that, his bare, not-having-a-head-resting-on-it shoulder calls out to her, and Grace leans over and rests her head on his shoulder. Not all at once, of course, but kinda slowly over the course of the movie.

Grace tends to wear her emotions mostly out on her sleeve, as the saying goes. She's not a huge fan of, and has never really understood the pleasure in, trying to hide one's emotions. So she's got a big happy smile on her face for most of the movie, worry at other, and might get just a bit misty eyed at others still! It's clear she very much does love this movie.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Punchghosts?" Rein can't say he's familiar with those! Probably best for everyone who doesn't want to get punched.

His shoulder is warm, though it does mean he has to pay a little less attention to her reactions. Looking down at that angle doesn't work well. Peripheral vision will have to do. Besides, it's a good movie, so it's not like Rein doesn't have something to watch.

But eventually the happy ending comes to fruition and the credits begin to roll.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1264

[Grace's Place]

"Punchghosts?" Rein can't say he's familiar with those! Probably best for everyone who doesn't want to get punched.

His shoulder is warm, though it does mean he has to pay a little less attention to her reactions. Looking down at that angle doesn't work well. Peripheral vision will have to do. Besides, it's a good movie, so it's not like Rein doesn't have something to watch.

But eventually the happy ending comes to fruition and the credits begin to roll.
    Grace's Place

"Punchghosts." She nods. "It's . . . it makes more sense in context. But the characters summon ghosts, for lack of a better term, that. Well. Punch each other." Gosh, Grace, when you describe JoJo's like that it sounds dumb.

"What a wonderful movie~ Good choice!" She says, straightening back out, and stretching, her back arching and spine making a few quiet pops as she does so. "Food should definitely be done now, if you're hungry?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"I'll, uh, take your word for it." Reinholdt doesn't seem like a JoJo's fan! Maybe he's not even human. Which is legit. He's not.

Oh it's stretch time. Rein proves how not human he is with some of the most flexible stretching Grace has probably been witness to. Perhaps. Grace has seen a lot of things in her time. Something more flexible than Rein stretches is not unreasonable. "Thanks. Yes. Food please. I'm starving. I'll die if I don't eat anything soon." What an overdramatic phrase. There was probably a few rumbles of the tummy towards the end of the movie though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #1266

[Grace's Place]

"I'll, uh, take your word for it." Reinholdt doesn't seem like a JoJo's fan! Maybe he's not even human. Which is legit. He's not.

Oh it's stretch time. Rein proves how not human he is with some of the most flexible stretching Grace has probably been witness to. Perhaps. Grace has seen a lot of things in her time. Something more flexible than Rein stretches is not unreasonable. "Thanks. Yes. Food please. I'm starving. I'll die if I don't eat anything soon." What an overdramatic phrase. There was probably a few rumbles of the tummy towards the end of the movie though.
    Grace's Place

But that's okay! Not everyone has to like the same things! Life would be boring if they did.

Oh no; Rein's stretching is definitely the most flexible she's seen. There's a second close contender, but even they can't complete with Rein.
    "You are . . . quite flexible." A simple statement, but one she feels she has to make after watching such a display.
    "Yes- yes though. Of course." She shakes her head, and stands, before padding off to the kitchen, trusting Rein will follow. Turns out, the fish is definitely done! It's cooked to a golden flaky perfection, with just enough seasonings to accentuate the flavor of the fish itself. The food is excellent. By contrast, her plates are plain, white, and have absolutely no decorations.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Huh?" Rein is? "Oh, yeah, I guess so. Cat thing?" Rein just considered it normal flexibility. If anything other people are too inflexible!

Rein does indeed follow Grace, taking a seat at the table and being served some of the most delicious fish he's ever had. It shows too in his expression and the speed he attempts to eat it. Slow down! "Thif is delicifish," And don't talk with your mouth full!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #1268

[Grace's Place]

"Huh?" Rein is? "Oh, yeah, I guess so. Cat thing?" Rein just considered it normal flexibility. If anything other people are too inflexible!

Rein does indeed follow Grace, taking a seat at the table and being served some of the most delicious fish he's ever had. It shows too in his expression and the speed he attempts to eat it. Slow down! "Thif is delicifish," And don't talk with your mouth full!
    Grace's Place

"Cat thing makes sense." Grace says with a nod. That makes sense. Cats are crazy flexible.

Grace giggles at that; a pure, happy, joy inspiring sound. "I am glad you like it! I have plenty more if you're still hungry! Help yourself!" She gestures at a cookie sheet sitting atop the stove; at least 6 more full sized pieces of fish sit on it, still hot and sitting in just a bit of their own juices from cooking, perfectly golden brown and just as delicious.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Rein forces a long swallow, getting all down for a moment. "Thanks. Aren't you going to have any though?" He asks Grace. He surely can't eat all her fish himself.
    Well he could, but he's trying not to be rude.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #1270

[Grace's Place]

Rein forces a long swallow, getting all down for a moment. "Thanks. Aren't you going to have any though?" He asks Grace. He surely can't eat all her fish himself.
    Well he could, but he's trying not to be rude.
    Grace's Place

"Oh, I am not!" She responds happily. "I've got my own, here." She shakes her glass of juice gently. "I don't . . . eat solids, really. It's alllll yours~"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Reinholdt does end up getting one more fish. No more than that though. He still has to watch how much he eats as a whole. Still, he does have to stare at Grace, the perfectly normal human. "Then... Why do you have fish in the first place? Let alone know how to cook it so well?" No Rein! Bad! Stop trying to logic. There are always loopholes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #1272

[Grace's Place]

Reinholdt does end up getting one more fish. No more than that though. He still has to watch how much he eats as a whole. Still, he does have to stare at Grace, the perfectly normal human. "Then... Why do you have fish in the first place? Let alone know how to cook it so well?" No Rein! Bad! Stop trying to logic. There are always loopholes.
    Grace's Place

"Well, I mean," Grace shrugs, kind of defensive all of a sudden, but good naturedly. "Because I like having guests over. I learned to cook for my roommate, and any friends she might have over. That naturally progressed into me learning to cook for my own guests.
    . . .
    Also she wanted a friend to take Gourmet Cooking classes with at the U, and I didn't want to leave her hanging.

Plus,"
    she continues, answering a question maybe not directly asked, "just because I don't eat the solid food, does not mean I cannot taste, and know what it tastes like. I'm a chemist by trade; I'm quite good at balancing ingredients to find a good mixture." She nods, having spoken her piece.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Reinholdt peeeers at Grace suspiciously. You're not supposed to trust a skinny cook after all. Not one that can cook this well. The effect is kinda lost though as he eats his last fish.

"What university did you go to?" Reinholdt asks. "I never got to have the college experience. I was always privately taught from birth on. I sounds like it would have been a lot of fun." Reinholdt has regret! But you can't experience everything in a lifetime.

"Why don't you eat solid food?" Grace was almost free! Rein needs to stop asking questions like some sort of curious animal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #1274

[Grace's Place]

Reinholdt peeeers at Grace suspiciously. You're not supposed to trust a skinny cook after all. Not one that can cook this well. The effect is kinda lost though as he eats his last fish.

"What university did you go to?" Reinholdt asks. "I never got to have the college experience. I was always privately taught from birth on. I sounds like it would have been a lot of fun." Reinholdt has regret! But you can't experience everything in a lifetime.

"Why don't you eat solid food?" Grace was almost free! Rein needs to stop asking questions like some sort of curious animal.
    Grace's Place

Grace shrugs. "Local one in the state I grew up. Nothing super special." She admits, though she frowns. "Well. It's never too late to go to college, if you really wanted to. There were people in my graduating class that were far, far older than me. You would be more than fine to go, again, if you really wanted to."

And then she purses her lips slightly. Well. Privacy of her own home, and Rein seems a nice enough and trustable guy. "Because Iiiii- I derive sustenance from liquids, rather than solids, is all."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Mmm, no. I'd be far too out of place." Reinholdt suspects those people felt the same. "Besides, there's nothing I'm interested in studying." He'd just be there for the parties! And the Nexus has those on a regular basis.

Reinholdt tilts his head. "Well... yeah, if all you consume is liquids that's all you'll get sustenance from." Silly human! "Protein shakes?"
    Realization hits! "Waaiiiit. Are you a vampire?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1276

[Grace's Place]

"Mmm, no. I'd be far too out of place." Reinholdt suspects those people felt the same. "Besides, there's nothing I'm interested in studying." He'd just be there for the parties! And the Nexus has those on a regular basis.

Reinholdt tilts his head. "Well... yeah, if all you consume is liquids that's all you'll get sustenance from." Silly human! "Protein shakes?"
    Realization hits! "Waaiiiit. Are you a vampire?"
    Grace's Place

Grace laughs again. Gosh, Rein is just a funny person. She smiles, deciding that she quite likes him.
    "Nooo, nono." She shakes her head, her hair bouncing slightly. "I'm no vampire. I'm-" It's always so weird, admitting this. It feels odd. Though she knows it isn't! It's just fact!
    . . .
    But why does saying it feel so weird?
    "I'm- . . . made of goo." She says this a bit more quietly, her cheeks turning a bit red, and one hand brushing an errant lock of hair back behind her ear. It's not said so quietly Rein can't hear it. Just a bit more quietly of someone admitting something they're embarrassed to say.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Oh, that's substantially less concerning." Grace probably wasn't a acidic flesh-dissolving humanoid hunting goo or he'd have found that out during the movie.

"If it helps, I think you're a very solid, well defined goo." It's times like these where knowing where his eyes were looking could possibly change the entire context of his compliment. Alas, Grace will simply have to extrapolate and decide for herself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

[GLOG->Town]

Gara carries the two little girls and her bag on her back to the limits of GLoG's campgrounds. Once they're out of range of the wards, she tears open a portal of glittering pink light, and walks through, entering directly into Civvy's town.
    "You know I haven't actually been here before..." she admits quietly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

[GLOG->Town]

Brinika looks around from her vantage point on Gara's back.

"Wow, this place is pretty. How come you've never been here before, though? Where'd you meet this goddess?"

Said goddess will no doubt feel another spark of divinity enter her realm. It's a faint and dormant one, but it's nonetheless there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Orc in the Playground

GLoG- Town

Also entering is Cheasadh, an eight-year-old gnome girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her nose is large, though not yet larger than human normal. She's wearing a pink dress and purple wellies, and following behind her is a sticky brown-furred Teddiursa. "Oh, wow! It's all so pink I love it!" Cheasadh looks around with a lot of interest, staring at the pretty pink flowers, the cherry blossom and everything else that's pink.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #1281

[Grace's Place]

"Oh, that's substantially less concerning." Grace probably wasn't a acidic flesh-dissolving humanoid hunting goo or he'd have found that out during the movie.

"If it helps, I think you're a very solid, well defined goo." It's times like these where knowing where his eyes were looking could possibly change the entire context of his compliment. Alas, Grace will simply have to extrapolate and decide for herself.
    Grace's Place

Grace actually blushes a bit at that! "Well, thank you~!" Regardless of where his eyes may or may not have been, she seems to have her own interpretation of his comment. "It took an awful lot of practice and focus to maintain a nice form like this one, and it's very nice to be complimented~ Thank you~"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [GLOG->Town]

Brinika looks around from her vantage point on Gara's back.

"Wow, this place is pretty. How come you've never been here before, though? Where'd you meet this goddess?"

Said goddess will no doubt feel another spark of divinity enter her realm. It's a faint and dormant one, but it's nonetheless there.
    Civvy makes note of all that enter her realm; though yes, she definitely notices that faint, dormant spark, and makes sure to keep a curious eye on her. Though for now, as is proper, she lets her greeter handle the situation, while she watches, curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    GLoG- Town

Also entering is Cheasadh, an eight-year-old gnome girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her nose is large, though not yet larger than human normal. She's wearing a pink dress and purple wellies, and following behind her is a sticky brown-furred Teddiursa. "Oh, wow! It's all so pink I love it!" Cheasadh looks around with a lot of interest, staring at the pretty pink flowers, the cherry blossom and everything else that's pink.
    The town is, in fact, very pink! Though mostly through the flowers, the trees, much of the house trimming, and several of the people walking around are wearing it! Other than that, though, the town isn't too odd! It looks quite like this, in aesthetic, though of course laid out far differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [GLOG->Town]

Gara carries the two little girls and her bag on her back to the limits of GLoG's campgrounds. Once they're out of range of the wards, she tears open a portal of glittering pink light, and walks through, entering directly into Civvy's town.
    "You know I haven't actually been here before..." she admits quietly.
    "Indeed you have not." Comes a woman's voice, clear, crisp, but no where near as cold as the obfuscating localized flurry of snow that she arrived in. Naku takes a step forwards, out of the last of the snow, the flakes vanishing behind her. Her arms are crossed into the sleeves of her light weight pink summer kimono, and her smile is quite friendly. Her dark purple hair is back in a fairly complex braid, hanging down to about the small of her back, and her blood red eyes stand out sharply against the snow-white hue to her skin. Her clearly vampiric fangs are visible as she speaks, and as she shifts her weight to one side, the katana on her hip draws attention to itself.
    "You must be Gara. Though I know not these others you bring with you?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

"Well I only got this job a week ago..."

And then Naku! Oh goodness! Their hair matches! Well it would, if Gara was in humanoid shape. Close enough.
    "Hello! Did Lady Civvy tell you about me? Um, this is Brinika and Cheasadh. I thought that they might like to speak to the Lady." Gara's eyes flick from Naku to Cheasadh, doing her best to be subtle about the reasons she thinks the gnome ought to speak with their goddess.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

Brinika looks up at the person who came out to greet them. She's a very small goblin girl with grey skin, big orange cat-like eyes, small tusks, long floppy ears and brown hair tied into two braids. She's wearing a skirt, a turtle-neck shirt and a sleeveless jacket, all in dark purple. This lady looks pretty scary, but Gara said this place is friendly, so...

"Hi miss!" She squeaks as she nods politely. "We met Gara in a lake where our aunt lives and she invited us here." It seems that the two kids are sisters, despite one of them being a goblin and the other a gnome.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Yeah? How long did it take? What's your natural form? Like was it extra hard cause you're a goo, or are you a goo girl? Can goos have genders?" Rein... doesn't know much about goo! Beyond his travels. Which sometimes involved destroying gelatinous goo. Reinholdt thinks it might be wise not to mention that, just in case it was her cousin or something. Or worse father. It was probably her father. Goo darn it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Orc in the Playground

Town

"Yeah, I'm Cheasadh, this is my sister Brinika. I love this place, it's so pink!" Cheasadh motions to herself and Brinika as she speaks, and looks around with awe at all the pink. She's a little startled by the sudden snow, but decides not to comment. It's magic somehow, she doesn't need to know more than that.

26. - Top - End - #1286

[Grace's Place]

"Yeah? How long did it take? What's your natural form? Like was it extra hard cause you're a goo, or are you a goo girl? Can goos have genders?" Rein... doesn't know much about goo! Beyond his travels. Which sometimes involved destroying gelatinous goo. Reinholdt thinks it might be wise not to mention that, just in case it was her cousin or something. Or worse father. It was probably her father. Goo darn it.
    Grace's Place

Grace blinks a few times.
    This . . . this is not what she had expected at all.
    But goodness this is delightful. Her entire face lights up, and she smiles a super happy smile.
    "This is pretty much my base form," she starts, nodding a few times, "though I have used an awful lot of food coloring to make the colors passable. Goos have genders, of course! It was hard just because am a goo. It's," she frowns slightly. She knows what she wants to say, because it's just something she's lived with. But she has no idea how to put it to words. "It's almost like a coming of age, entering adulthood thing. Deciding on, and then firmly adopting, your form. And then from there it acts as, . . . kind of a base point? It's a lot of practice and discipline until you get it, but then you are considered an adult and ready to take on life." She takes another swallow of tea. "So I'm still flexible and . . . I suppose malleable is a good term, but I'll always come back to me as I am now." She glances down. "Well, okay, me as I was a few minutes ago."

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Town]

"Well I only got this job a week ago..."

And then Naku! Oh goodness! Their hair matches! Well it would, if Gara was in humanoid shape. Close enough.
    "Hello! Did Lady Civvy tell you about me? Um, this is Brinika and Cheasadh. I thought that they might like to speak to the Lady." Gara's eyes flick from Naku to Cheasadh, doing her best to be subtle about the reasons she thinks the gnome ought to speak with their goddess.
    Town

Naku nods once, slowly, her arms still folded into the sleeves of her kimono.
    "She did. It is not every day a new princess arrives." Then her nod turns into a polite, shallow bow that she holds for a few moments.
    "Of course," Naku continues, likely before Gara can react to her previous sentence. "She loves children, and I am sure would be delighted to meet you all."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

Brinika looks up at the person who came out to greet them. She's a very small goblin girl with grey skin, big orange cat-like eyes, small tusks, long floppy ears and brown hair tied into two braids. She's wearing a skirt, a turtle-neck shirt and a sleeveless jacket, all in dark purple. This lady looks pretty scary, but Gara said this place is friendly, so...

"Hi miss!" She squeaks as she nods politely. "We met Gara in a lake where our aunt lives and she invited us here." It seems that the two kids are sisters, despite one of them being a goblin and the other a gnome.
    "Hello." Naku smiles at her. Her smile is calm, pleasant, and just enjoyable to be around. "I am glad you both are able to visit; it is always wonderful to have guests."

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

"Yeah, I'm Cheasadh, this is my sister Brinika. I love this place, it's so pink!" Cheasadh motions to herself and Brinika as she speaks, and looks around with awe at all the pink. She's a little startled by the sudden snow, but decides not to comment. It's magic somehow, she doesn't need to know more than that.
    "Cheasadh," Naku does struggle just a bit with this name, but she does her best! "Brinika." She nods to them both in turn. "My name is Naku, and I am honored to meet you both. Thank you for coming to visit.

Where may I guide you all?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Gara just kind of...
    Stares.
    "Princess? What do you mean, princess? My parents are totally normal. I uh-
    I thought that they might want to meet Lady Civvy or the other mizutsune but um-
    What do you mean princess?"
    the dragon sputters.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

"Cheasadh wanted to meet Civvy, so maybe we can start there and then see other places," Brinika says, before turning around to Gara, her eyes narrowing and her ears dipping. "Wait. Are you a princess?"

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

Rein clears his throat and glances away, a blush upon his cheeks. "Ah... Yes, I had, uh, noticed. I just didn't want to rudely say anything. Before the goo thing, I wasn't even sure what to think." Someone changing sizes like that was just unusual!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Orc in the Playground

Town

The Teddiursa pokes Cheasadh in the back. "Oh, and this is Pookie, my Teddiursa." He waves now. "If you are a princess, do you have to be worried about being abducted by knights? Because I think you'd have to stay away from Iknika if that's the case." Since Iknika's training to be a knight.