Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1371

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Grace's Place]

Rein clears his throat and glances away, a blush upon his cheeks. "Ah... Yes, I had, uh, noticed. I just didn't want to rudely say anything. Before the goo thing, I wasn't even sure what to think." Someone changing sizes like that was just unusual!
    Grace's Place

Grace refills her teacup with the last of the tea, nodding a few times. "Well, and I appreciate it! Finding someone as polite as you are is proving to be more and more difficult, these days. And someone curious enough to ask questions? Gosh." She takes a long sip, before wincing slightly, and blowing at the tea to cool it down a little bit. "Well, and now you do know.
    And does . . . does that change your opinion of me?"
    Grace asks, getting very quiet, actually; visibly more than a little worried. Everything seems to be going so well. She doesn't think it would change his opinion of her.
    But she's been horribly wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Town]

Gara just kind of...
    Stares.
    "Princess? What do you mean, princess? My parents are totally normal. I uh-
    I thought that they might want to meet Lady Civvy or the other mizutsune but um-
    What do you mean princess?"
    the dragon sputters.
    Town

Naku nods once more, smiling slightly, and patiently letting Gara get her words out. "Indeed. The Nurse knew your life was perhaps not the best, so wanted to do something to assist. And that was what she could think of, your highness."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

"Cheasadh wanted to meet Civvy, so maybe we can start there and then see other places," Brinika says, before turning around to Gara, her eyes narrowing and her ears dipping. "Wait. Are you a princess?"
    "She is. Unaware; but she is. And of course, I can take you to my Lady directly."

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

The Teddiursa pokes Cheasadh in the back. "Oh, and this is Pookie, my Teddiursa." He waves now. "If you are a princess, do you have to be worried about being abducted by knights? Because I think you'd have to stay away from Iknika if that's the case." Since Iknika's training to be a knight.
    "I do not believe she has to worry, and if any such kidnappings should occur, I would be sent directly to go resolve them."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Gara seems very flustered at this. Not upset, just flustered.
    "But but but what am I princess of? Is it just honorary or is there some nice king who thinks he's adopted me? Is Mom a queen now? Because she probably deserves that. Uuuuuuh do I get a cute crown?" she asks, really not sure how to just take all this at face value.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

"Well of course it changes my opinion of you Grace," Reinholdt says as if it were incredibly obvious that this changes things as he looks directly at her.

"I realize now you're even more amazing and beautiful than I first gave you credit for."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

"Don't you need to have a king for a dad to be a princess? I read it somewhere," Brinika, easily distracted as always, muses. "But maybe it's okay if a goddess says you're a princess. A goddess is higher than a king, right?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Orc in the Playground

Town

"What does the father have to do with it? To be a princess, your mother has to be a queen. Or an empress, or maybe another princess if your grandmother's the queen or empress." Gnomes don't track male descent, because it's harder to prove- especially with gnomes' complex and multilayered naming customs. Cheasadh's own ancestors include a princess, but her title was purely honorary as she was the daughter of an emperor's favourite concubine. Gnomes have usually tended to be less feudal aristocrats than meritocratic oligarchs on the rare occasions they've created their own state. "You should get a crown though, Gara. At least a tiara or coronet." Cheasadh will pat Gara's fluffy side as she says that, hoping to reassure the bubble fox dragon.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Halfling in the Playground

[Entrance]

A rather hesitant angel steps through the portal, tugging her robes a little tighter around her and looking around uncertainly.

Was this the right place?

Hopefully.

She'd feel very stupid if she'd gone through the wrong portal to the wrong plane of the wrong goddess.

Ithuriel sighs and quietly starts wandering ahead, looking for any sign of someone or something to give her a bit of guidance.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #1297

[Flower Garden]

A man on foot is walking a horse on one of the paths in the infinite garden. The man is wearing a military tunic and tight riding pants. The horse is wearing a simple saddle and bridle. Both are quite dead, although they don't seem to mind all that much at the moment. It's a beautiful day in paradise.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #1298

[Grace's Place]

"Well of course it changes my opinion of you Grace," Reinholdt says as if it were incredibly obvious that this changes things as he looks directly at her.

"I realize now you're even more amazing and beautiful than I first gave you credit for."
    Grace's Place

Oh goodness. The level of blush Grace hits upon hearing this nearly rivals the fiery red of her hair itself. She tries to reply, twice, even, but stammers something entirely unintelligible both times.
    After a few moments, she finally manages. "T-thank you, Rein. That . . ." If her blush could deepen, it would. "You- you really think so?" She asks, a note of longing hope in her voice, fairly out of place from the self assured, confident sort of mode she's been displaying -- or, attempting to -- this evening.

[Town]

Gara seems very flustered at this. Not upset, just flustered.
    "But but but what am I princess of? Is it just honorary or is there some nice king who thinks he's adopted me? Is Mom a queen now? Because she probably deserves that. Uuuuuuh do I get a cute crown?" she asks, really not sure how to just take all this at face value.
    Naku's head tilts to one side, the ponytail she has her hair in swishing across her back slightly. "That . . . to be fair, is complicated. And I admit, the specifics of royalty and the intricacies of court escape me still.

But I can say with assurance that if you would like a crown, we can absolutely provide you one."

[Town]

"Don't you need to have a king for a dad to be a princess? I read it somewhere," Brinika, easily distracted as always, muses. "But maybe it's okay if a goddess says you're a princess. A goddess is higher than a king, right?"
    Naku shrugs slightly, her shoulders moving no more than an inch, and her smile turning somewhat wry. "That is how I look at it myself. Wise, for one so young."

Town

"What does the father have to do with it? To be a princess, your mother has to be a queen. Or an empress, or maybe another princess if your grandmother's the queen or empress." Gnomes don't track male descent, because it's harder to prove- especially with gnomes' complex and multilayered naming customs. Cheasadh's own ancestors include a princess, but her title was purely honorary as she was the daughter of an emperor's favourite concubine. Gnomes have usually tended to be less feudal aristocrats than meritocratic oligarchs on the rare occasions they've created their own state. "You should get a crown though, Gara. At least a tiara or coronet." Cheasadh will pat Gara's fluffy side as she says that, hoping to reassure the bubble fox dragon.
    "Or," Naku adds, "to be adopted, as I believe is the case in this situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Entrance]

A rather hesitant angel steps through the portal, tugging her robes a little tighter around her and looking around uncertainly.

Was this the right place?

Hopefully.

She'd feel very stupid if she'd gone through the wrong portal to the wrong plane of the wrong goddess.

Ithuriel sighs and quietly starts wandering ahead, looking for any sign of someone or something to give her a bit of guidance.
    Entrance

Well, finding Naku directly would be just
    Too
    Darn
    Easy!
    "H'lo." Comes a voice from off to the side that, well . . . sounds an awful lot like Naku, but with a bit of a difference in the way she's emphasizing syllables.
    "Nyand welcyome to the realm." That's right! Nyaku hops down from a tree nearby, landing heavily, her armor making quite a clatter as she lands on her feet. "Cyan I hyelp mew find nyour way?"

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Flower Garden]

A man on foot is walking a horse on one of the paths in the infinite garden. The man is wearing a military tunic and tight riding pants. The horse is wearing a simple saddle and bridle. Both are quite dead, although they don't seem to mind all that much at the moment. It's a beautiful day in paradise.
    The man might run into Naku, in the gardens!
    She's using a shovel to till a small patch of dirt -- not the best tool for the job, but it's a small patch, and she's deemed it 'fine' --, humming quietly to herself, and rather just enjoying the day.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

”Adopted?” Gara scoots right up to Naku.
    ”So I do have a kingly dragon adopted dad now? Is he cool? Is he also pink? Do I get to meet him?” she asks excitedly.

10. - Top - End - #1300

[Entrance]

"Uh." Ithuriel takes a step back, caught completely by surprise by-

Wait, what exactly is she looking at here?

"Uhhh, Naku? Did you- um, did you turn into a cat?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

Brinika's ears perk up and she grins toothily.

"Yeah, if she was adopted by a dragon king, that makes her a dragon princess. That makes sense. Like Cheasadh was adopted by our parents."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Orc in the Playground

Town

"Yeah, but I didn't get to be a princess because of that." Not that it matters- Cheasadh got a sister out of the deal, which is far superior to a crown. "But it should be a queen dragon mother. The father's title doesn't matter, only the mother's." Gnomes follow the rules of matrilineal descent, since the dad of a gnome isn't necessarily their father.

13. - Top - End - #1303

[Flower Garden]

The man leaves his horse on the trail, lest any flowers accidentally get trampled underhoof, and carefully makes his way to Naku's plot of soil. "Good day, mademoiselle! Would you like some elp wis your gardening?" He clearly doesn't know who, or what, she is. If he did, he wouldn't have called out to her so informally.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's Place]

For some reason, Reinholdt doesn't say 'Nope', drop the mic, and moonwalk out. Rather, he says, "Of course. I mean, it takes a lot to make something of oneself. Especially when you start on ground that isn't particularly solid." It's a mild pun, easily missed. Might help put her at ease. Even if she's incredibly cute with that blush.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #1305

[Town]

”Adopted?” Gara scoots right up to Naku.
    ”So I do have a kingly dragon adopted dad now? Is he cool? Is he also pink? Do I get to meet him?” she asks excitedly.
    "By adoption, yes. I believe that is correct.
    He is, in fact, also pink. And you may meet him if you would like. But perhaps that might be best on a return visit, I'm sure you all had a goal in mind when you came here."

[Town]

Brinika's ears perk up and she grins toothily.

"Yeah, if she was adopted by a dragon king, that makes her a dragon princess. That makes sense. Like Cheasadh was adopted by our parents."
    Naku nods in agreement, a pleased smile on her face. Her visitors are quick of mind, and that makes her happy.

Town

"Yeah, but I didn't get to be a princess because of that." Not that it matters- Cheasadh got a sister out of the deal, which is far superior to a crown. "But it should be a queen dragon mother. The father's title doesn't matter, only the mother's." Gnomes follow the rules of matrilineal descent, since the dad of a gnome isn't necessarily their father.
    Naku shrugs ever so slightly. "I know not how their system is structured. I try to leave them to their own fares, and they leave me to mine."

[Flower Garden]

The man leaves his horse on the trail, lest any flowers accidentally get trampled underhoof, and carefully makes his way to Naku's plot of soil. "Good day, mademoiselle! Would you like some elp wis your gardening?" He clearly doesn't know who, or what, she is. If he did, he wouldn't have called out to her so informally.
    Naku smiles slightly, one fang showing as her lips part slightly. "Oh, that is quite all right. I appreciate the offer, but there's a certain joy to be had from an honest day of effort.
    I don ot believe we have met?""

[Grace's Place]

For some reason, Reinholdt doesn't say 'Nope', drop the mic, and moonwalk out. Rather, he says, "Of course. I mean, it takes a lot to make something of oneself. Especially when you start on ground that isn't particularly solid." It's a mild pun, easily missed. Might help put her at ease. Even if she's incredibly cute with that blush.
    Grace's House

Grace lets out a giggle at that, one hand actually coming up to her mouth slightly. She seems to have definitely caught the pun, and rather enjoyed it.
    "That- I- . . . yeah it is definitely a bit shaky at the best of times." Then, as if making up her mind about something, she nods once, and just dashes forwards to hug him kind of tightly, a look of pure joy on her face.

[Entrance]

"Uh." Ithuriel takes a step back, caught completely by surprise by-

Wait, what exactly is she looking at here?

"Uhhh, Naku? Did you- um, did you turn into a cat?"
    Entrance

It takes Nyaku a few moments to parse Ithuriel's accent. It was distressingly common around here, and she was not getting better at parsing it correctly.
    Arrrrrg.
    "Nyope." She shakes her head once. "I've been me fyor quite nya whyle.
    . . . Nyou must wyant the nyother Nyaku."
    Last edited by Mee; 2019-06-01 at 10:58 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Gara looks very, very excited, but Naku’s other statement snaps her back to reality.
    ”Yes, right. I just wanted to have the girls meet Civvy for a minute or two. I don’t want to trouble her much.” Gara assures her.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

Brinika nods, with not much more to add. She's excited to meet Civvy and see more of this very pretty place.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Orc in the Playground

Town

Dragons do it differently to gnomes, by the sounds. That doesn't really surprise Cheasadh; pretty much everyone does things differently to gnomes. So long as it works for them, she guesses.

She's also quite interested to meet Civvy, nodding and looking around at all the pink once more.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grace's House]

Surprise melts into a warm smile and Reinholdt returns Grace's hug, shifting a little so some things are less noticeable. After a while, he'll pat her back and pull back. And if she lets him, he'll give her a friendly kiss upon her forehead.

"Alright. I'd better get going. Thank you again for the meal and for letting me stay for so long. I hope to see you at HALO soon." Rein says, lingering long enough for Grace to get in her goodbyes, before turning to head out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1310

[Entrance]

What a strange place this is. Much as it takes Nyaku a moment to parse what Ithuriel said, the angel has to pause for a moment to mentally de-nya the reply.

She coughs awkwardly. "Oh, I see. I'm sorry, do you get people coming to see the nyother- uh, sorry, the other Naku quite often then?"

21. - Top - End - #1311

[Flower Garden]

"Ah, no, I ave not ad ze pleasure." The man bows gallantly to Naku, one hand reflexively going to his waist as if to touch the pommel of a sword. But he's not wearing a swordbelt so he rests his hand on his tight riding pants instead. "I am Captain Jean-Louis Ange d’Hautpoul, commanding offizer of Mousse Troop in ze 49t Squadron Cuirassiers, Prince Madzew's Own. Wich means I am also a Knight in ze Military Order of the Oly Anchor, a devoted servant of our Lady Civ-ir-on." As he straightens up he begins to pensively rub his moustache, a glorious exemplar of a cavalry officer's facial hair meticulously trimmed and waxed, while a lost and puzzled look enters his translucent eyes. "Or at least... I was before I died. Zey might not let me keep my commission ere."

22. - Top - End - #1312

Completely Normal Forest

Iamar needed a break from Vigil. From the Nexus, really, but that wasn't going to happen any time soon. So, with no warning, she took the few possessions she had and went for a walk. It was nice, to just take in the tranquil silence of the forest, and not have to worry about what fight needed to be fought next.

23. - Top - End - #1313

[Town]

Gara looks very, very excited, but Naku’s other statement snaps her back to reality.
    ”Yes, right. I just wanted to have the girls meet Civvy for a minute or two. I don’t want to trouble her much.” Gara assures her.
    [Town]

Brinika nods, with not much more to add. She's excited to meet Civvy and see more of this very pretty place.
    Town

Dragons do it differently to gnomes, by the sounds. That doesn't really surprise Cheasadh; pretty much everyone does things differently to gnomes. So long as it works for them, she guesses.

She's also quite interested to meet Civvy, nodding and looking around at all the pink once more.
    "Of course," Naku nods to them again, replying to them all at once. "This way, if you will." And with that, leads them off into the flower garden!
    It's a few minutes of walking, surrounded by every conceivable hue of pink, purple, orange, yellow, and white flowers, gurgling creeks, small shelters with mossy stone benches, matching mossy stone, well, stones, to hop across the happily gurgling creeks with, until eventually they find Civvy. She's tending some flowers, digging some dirt up, while a few more seeds lay beside her, waiting their turn to grow.
    She smiles and waves, after turning to the newcomers, a smile on her face. "Hello there!"

[Grace's House]

Surprise melts into a warm smile and Reinholdt returns Grace's hug, shifting a little so some things are less noticeable. After a while, he'll pat her back and pull back. And if she lets him, he'll give her a friendly kiss upon her forehead.

"Alright. I'd better get going. Thank you again for the meal and for letting me stay for so long. I hope to see you at HALO soon." Rein says, lingering long enough for Grace to get in her goodbyes, before turning to head out.
    "Y-yeah. Yeah of course!" Grace lets go, and takes a step back. "I'm sure we'll see each other again there very soon. Thank you so much for the good company. And I hope you have a safe trip back!"

[Entrance]

What a strange place this is. Much as it takes Nyaku a moment to parse what Ithuriel said, the angel has to pause for a moment to mentally de-nya the reply.

She coughs awkwardly. "Oh, I see. I'm sorry, do you get people coming to see the nyother- uh, sorry, the other Naku quite often then?"
    "Mmmmmmmmnyot really. Nyot that Nyai've seen. Nyai just hyaven't seen mew nyaround befyore, nyand you seemed like nyou had a myission. Nyou recognyized me, syo Nyai took a guess." She shruuuuugs.
    "Nyai can show nyou the way, if mew'd like."

[Flower Garden]

"Ah, no, I ave not ad ze pleasure." The man bows gallantly to Naku, one hand reflexively going to his waist as if to touch the pommel of a sword. But he's not wearing a swordbelt so he rests his hand on his tight riding pants instead. "I am Captain Jean-Louis Ange d’Hautpoul, commanding offizer of Mousse Troop in ze 49t Squadron Cuirassiers, Prince Madzew's Own. Wich means I am also a Knight in ze Military Order of the Oly Anchor, a devoted servant of our Lady Civ-ir-on." As he straightens up he begins to pensively rub his moustache, a glorious exemplar of a cavalry officer's facial hair meticulously trimmed and waxed, while a lost and puzzled look enters his translucent eyes. "Or at least... I was before I died. Zey might not let me keep my commission ere."
    Naku nods a few times, hearing the man out, a pleasant smile on her face. "I am certain they would let you keep your commission, should you like it, of course. Did you have many missions under your belt? Before, . . . you know."

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Completely Normal Forest

Iamar needed a break from Vigil. From the Nexus, really, but that wasn't going to happen any time soon. So, with no warning, she took the few possessions she had and went for a walk. It was nice, to just take in the tranquil silence of the forest, and not have to worry about what fight needed to be fought next.
    Definitely a Normal Forest WHOOPS SNEEKI PORTAL

Well it was a normal forest. But then Civvy maaaaay have subtly altered it slightly, 'borrowing' Iamar to come visit her own forest!
    Very, very few things actually change, but Iamar miiight notice. A slight shift of the air, an overall pleasant sort of feeling, but visually . . . very little changes!
    Though as she keeps walking, maybe a few hundred more steps, she miiiight come across a clearing, with a half-constructed house!
    Mansion, really. It's . . . very big. And apparently being made by hand.
    The clearing is also fairly dark, and quite cool in temperature.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1314

Maybe not that Normal Forest

Iamar feels the shift in the atmosphere, and sighed, before gripping the hilt of her sword. "Nothing's ever easy."

She sees the dark and cool clearing, and narrows her gaze as she steps toward the half completed mansion.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

"Hello Miss! This is Brinika and Cheasadh, they wanted to meet you." Gara says, bounding up to Civvy (without stepping on anything delicate) and giving her as best a bow as she can give with that long neck of hers. Even if she is as large as she is, she prefers to go up to someone when saying hello, even if her claws aren't meant for handshakes.

26. - Top - End - #1316

[Entrance]

"Oh. Ohhh, I see." Ithuriel scratches her head, smiling weakly. She doesn't really see, but Nyaku seems nice and helpful. "Well, if you're happy to help, than I'd be very grateful if you showed me the way. It's not anything as exciting as a mission, and Naku isn't expecting me or anything."

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

"Hi!" Brinika grins widely and toothily. "We met Gara when she was taking a swim in the lake where our aunt lives, she told us about you and offered to introduce us. Your world is really nice and pretty."

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Orc in the Playground

Town

"Yeah, I've still got some clothes and stuff there. It's where I lived until recently." Cheasadh nods, since the adoption was pretty recent. Pookie's fallen asleep, and is nowhere near as interested in all the pinks and purples.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku nods a few times, hearing the man out, a pleasant smile on her face. "I am certain they would let you keep your commission, should you like it, of course. Did you have many missions under your belt? Before, . . . you know."
    [Flower Garden]

Captain d'Hautpoul doesn't seem offended by that. In fact, a bit of... well, not life of course, but something like good spirit returns to his eyes. "Ah, yes, although I was only able to serve Our Lady for a decade or so, I spent most of zat time in the saddle. My end came during ze winter of z war to liberate Natangia. By ze start of ze war I had been leader of my Troop for a year and a alf, most of zat time spent mustering new knights to replace past losses and training zem before we sailed to ze staging area. Prior to that, when I was a 1st Lieutenant in command of a Patrol, Mousse Troop and Eclair Troop of our sister paladins ze 47t Squadron Lancers were deployed to Fort Enterprise to join a defensive campaign against a lich's undead horde. Before zat, my Patrol was assigned to a Task Force in ze 5t military region to stop an elvish warband raiding some remote villages. And my very first battle was when I was a cadet training at ze monastery-fortress of Elpisopolis. Zat was when demons attacked ze city and, as you know, our Prince rallied ze novice knights-in-training on ze walls." That last part is but a brief summary of a single event of a great story which he believes Naku must already know. He has made a lot of other assumptions about how much Naku understands the complex organization of the Vulpanian military, various locations in a world adjacent but apart from this one, and who the purple-haired woman may or may not recognize as sovereign. Naku might have heard bits and pieces of that tale from the Vulpanian worshipers of Civiron living in the Realm, but his assumption that she knows exactly what he's talking about is the biggest one of all. In defense of his excitement, it doesn't get much better for a paladin's first battle to be a heroic defense of his Goddess' temple-city.

30. - Top - End - #1320

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Maybe not that Normal Forest

Iamar feels the shift in the atmosphere, and sighed, before gripping the hilt of her sword. "Nothing's ever easy."

She sees the dark and cool clearing, and narrows her gaze as she steps toward the half completed mansion.
    Indeed! Nothing is ever simple!
    The clearing is quite dark indeed, almost as though night had fallen only in the large, open area only.
    From somewhere in the back, a slow dragging noise, followed by a loud thump can be heard, the sound of a few hundred pounds of . . . something, being dropped off for . . . processing.

[Town]

"Hello Miss! This is Brinika and Cheasadh, they wanted to meet you." Gara says, bounding up to Civvy (without stepping on anything delicate) and giving her as best a bow as she can give with that long neck of hers. Even if she is as large as she is, she prefers to go up to someone when saying hello, even if her claws aren't meant for handshakes.
    "Well hello there!" Civvy says, smiling happily as she stands.

[Town]

"Hi!" Brinika grins widely and toothily. "We met Gara when she was taking a swim in the lake where our aunt lives, she told us about you and offered to introduce us. Your world is really nice and pretty."
    "I'm touched! Thank you very much for the compliment! I worked hard to try to make it enjoyable, I am really really happy to hear I got it right."

Town

"Yeah, I've still got some clothes and stuff there. It's where I lived until recently." Cheasadh nods, since the adoption was pretty recent. Pookie's fallen asleep, and is nowhere near as interested in all the pinks and purples.
    Civvy doesn't have much of a reply to this, unfortunately, but takes it as a chance to address the group as a whole!
    "I am always delighted to have guests! Especially such esteemed ones as yourselves. Welcome!" Civvy says, holding her arms open, welcomingly. "What can I do for you all?"

[Entrance]

"Oh. Ohhh, I see." Ithuriel scratches her head, smiling weakly. She doesn't really see, but Nyaku seems nice and helpful. "Well, if you're happy to help, than I'd be very grateful if you showed me the way. It's not anything as exciting as a mission, and Naku isn't expecting me or anything."
    Entrance -> Clearing

"Of cyourse!" Nyaku says with a nod, before showing the way to the clearing! Though it's at a different time than Iamar's visit, it is still dark and spooky and cold and has some draaaaag thump-ing noises still!

[Flower Garden]

Captain d'Hautpoul doesn't seem offended by that. In fact, a bit of... well, not life of course, but something like good spirit returns to his eyes. "Ah, yes, although I was only able to serve Our Lady for a decade or so, I spent most of zat time in the saddle. My end came during ze winter of z war to liberate Natangia. By ze start of ze war I had been leader of my Troop for a year and a alf, most of zat time spent mustering new knights to replace past losses and training zem before we sailed to ze staging area. Prior to that, when I was a 1st Lieutenant in command of a Patrol, Mousse Troop and Eclair Troop of our sister paladins ze 47t Squadron Lancers were deployed to Fort Enterprise to join a defensive campaign against a lich's undead horde. Before zat, my Patrol was assigned to a Task Force in ze 5t military region to stop an elvish warband raiding some remote villages. And my very first battle was when I was a cadet training at ze monastery-fortress of Elpisopolis. Zat was when demons attacked ze city and, as you know, our Prince rallied ze novice knights-in-training on ze walls." That last part is but a brief summary of a single event of a great story which he believes Naku must already know. He has made a lot of other assumptions about how much Naku understands the complex organization of the Vulpanian military, various locations in a world adjacent but apart from this one, and who the purple-haired woman may or may not recognize as sovereign. Naku might have heard bits and pieces of that tale from the Vulpanian worshipers of Civiron living in the Realm, but his assumption that she knows exactly what he's talking about is the biggest one of all. In defense of his excitement, it doesn't get much better for a paladin's first battle to be a heroic defense of his Goddess' temple-city.
    Flower Garden

Naku nods a few times, listening, and offering an encouraging sort of 'mhmm?' as he tells his story. Warriors, she's found, always seem at their happiest when they could tell stories; and for her part, she was happy to listen to them.
    And while she has no idea how formal militarizes are arranged, what with her entire experience with them being along the lines of Squad 1, Squad 2, etc., full militarizes still confuse her. But that's okay. She doesn't need to understand to appreciate him retelling his past.
    "I have heard about the prince rallying everyone to the walls. At least in passing, having heard t from some of those on the walls. Though I'm afraid I was not there myself, any have only heard bits and pieces."
    Show