New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Can someone help me think of 100 future technologies/inventions?

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
    Haven't those existed almost as long as roombas have?
    Can you give me a link? I think I'm going to have to make a purchase
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Can you give me a link? I think I'm going to have to make a purchase
    One example. My neighbor swears by it.
    http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...c-lawn-mowers/

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    19) Transcontinental super-trains connecting every continent on the planet, except for Australia (South America - North America - Asia - Europe - Africa). The trains are only for freight, plus few very privileged people -- the threat of terrorist attack is too great to allow for regular passenger service. Cargo is extensively screened.
    Any particular reason not to extend it to Australia? If you're thinking land connectivity, you can go down through Malaysia, turn east into Sumatra, Java, Timor, island hop into Papua and then go south across the Torres strait.

Conversely, to do Europe-North America, you're either going across the Bering Strait from Russia into Alaska, or tunnelling hundreds of miles of rock under the Atlantic for each leg to go Norway-Faroe Islands-Iceland-Greenland-Canada.

Anyway, my choices:
    42) Faster than the trains mentioned above, especially for really long-haul - space planes, as per the Skylon concept (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylon_(spacecraft)).

43) Hydrogen fuel cells replacing internal combustion engines, plus changing petrol filling stations to Hydrogen.

44) Cybernetics.
    Last edited by Storm_Of_Snow; 2017-08-07 at 07:02 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

45.) transgenic marijuana plants that produce opioids in addition to the normal cannobinoids
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

46) medicine plant. Produces products that invoke an immune response. Serves as a widescale edible vaccine.

47) biological water clearer. Plant with extensive root network used in rural environments. Enjoys killing pathogens such as cholerae and amoeba.

48) Everyoung pets. Cats and dogs and any other kind of variety. Altered to have different shedding and proteins to avoid allergic responses. Altered growth rates and metabolism to increase lifespan, reduce dietary requirements, and greatly reduce production of fecal matter. Is more affectionate and intelligent.

49) Spray on self cleaning surfaces. Comes in a spray can. Self repairing, repels water, and is basically immune to dust and dirt. Protects paint it is on from UV light and peeling.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: 50: Thread Necromancy.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2