New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default DesertWind (& Midnight) dodge exists: What does DesertWind (or Midnight) Mobility do?

Asking because I'm in a creative slump. Player wants anything but "dodge mobility spring attack" pre-reqs & is asking for replacements. So what does desert wind mobility do? & what does Midnight Mobility do?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: DesertWind (& Midnight) dodge exists: What does DesertWind (or Midnight) Mobility

Desert Wind Mobility
    Prerequisites: Desert Wind Dodge
    Benefit: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from any creature(s) you dealt damage to using a Desert Wind maneuver on your turn.
    Special: Desert Wind Mobility can be used in place of the Mobility feat to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability.

Midnight Mobility
    Prerequisites: Con 13, Dex 13, Midnight Dodge
    Benefit: Once per day, you can invest essentia in this feat. You gain a bonus to movement speed equal to 5ft per point of essentia invested. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from movement on your turn for a number of feet equal to 5 × the number of essentia invested into this feat.

You gain 1 point of essentia.
    Special: Midnight Mobility can be used in place of the Mobility feat to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2017-03-31 at 01:11 AM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: DesertWind (& Midnight) dodge exists: What does DesertWind (or Midnight) Mobility

Desert Wind Mobility
    Prerequisites: Desert Wind Dodge
    Benefit: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from any creature(s) you dealt damage to using a Desert Wind maneuver on your turn.
    Special: Desert Wind Mobility can be used in place of the Mobility feat to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability.
    This could have interesting effects when combined with other sources of AoOs than movement. Say, spellcasting via Jade Phoenix Mage. Interesting only, though. Far from overpowered.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

That was intended.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Good enough for me! Thanks.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    Good enough for me! Thanks.
    Cheers, man! Designing feats for 3.5 was kind of my thing in my heyday.

Need any Spring Attack replacers?
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2017-04-01 at 12:18 AM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show