Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 159
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Jafnan Vándr: Fyrsta próf

    You have been summoned, an earl to Cnut has asked for strong men to help him with an issue plaguing his people. And so you answered the call.

    Simple.

    But things are rarely so.

    The snow as falling lazily as you walked the last mile to the village, you could see the oversized snowflakes shift gently on the breeze, and a doe skittered away not 20 feet from you. This was a quiet village, the folk were content to live, and not bother anyone. the ground was hard, farming even harder, but the people were stoic, and they kept to it, forcing a living from the land.

    You almost got caught in your reverie of the place, that you didn't notice the blood trail that smeared the now whitening trail ahead of you.

    Looking around, the forrest suddenly went quiet.

    Others were nearby, most looked to be fellow warriors.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2017-04-02 at 04:41 AM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    As they came to the start of the blood trail, Audr took the time to do what any sensible person would do in this situation: Have a quick chat with the raven perched on her shoulder.

    Spoiler: Whispers to Huginn
    Show

    "Check ahead - give me a call if we're walking into trouble."


    As the Raven took to the air (following the blood trail, it seemed), the druid knelt down in the snow to examine the start of the blood trail. She'd go about as far as sticking a finger into the trail, trying to gauge whether it was still fresh or not.

    Then she glanced around at the others appraisingly. Instinct told her she should be turning into a wolf right about now, hunting for the scent of what had happened here... but probably best not to. Not with this many strangers around. Shapeshifting always brought up too many questions. And they were entirely the wrong set of questions to be asked when you're surrounded by a group of strange warriors and just gave up the ability to speak.

    Speaking of things that could bring up questions, anyone else examining the tracks would probably be able to notice something missing - namely, any of hers. Kneeling down didn't leave so much as an impression in the snow - and thin as she was, she wasn't that light!

    As an experienced Druid, she'd have had to be deliberately trying to leave tracks on such terrain. With her mind elsewhere (mostly concentrating on the blood trail) she wasn't doing so... and the fresh snow just makes the omission particularly obvious...

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    The travel had been nice, he always enjoyed his time away, more so than most. It wasn't that he particularity disdained the warmth of the fire, or a maiden, or the scent of char and aspen from the fire nor the heady sweetness of the golden poetry upon his tongue. No. He was after all, regardless of what the skalds sang, just a man and like any other he loved meat, mead and maidens. However there was a constant strangeness he always felt when returning "home" a loneliness that only seemed to increase the more people there were.

    Yet those were not thoughts for now, now there was hunting to do, if what he had heard were true. People missing, lost or taken, only track and the whispers of the wood and etchings of frost and stone would uncover such secrets, that is for those fluent in their language. He looked at those who seemed to share his road, and likely his destination. Men and women, it seemed, of action and battle. Was that Geir's son Sigurd he had the unmistakable frame of a Volsungar and Báleygr was sure he had once seen Wolf's Eye displayed before the highseat in Hedeby's Hall that mace was unforgettable. So that was either Sigurd Geirsson or the man who killed him.

    Báleygr was going to speak to the man when he saw a woman knelt down in the path, drawing closer he saw that she was looking at what seemed to be blood. The large man drew his hood down and turned his one-eyed gaze to the wood around them, he listened to her -- the creaking of her boughs, the song of her birds, the rustle of leaves of brush and tree and the whisper of snow upon the earth.

    "What is this?" he said simply to the woman. Noticing, as he was examining the area that her tracks were not present. Elf? he thought to himself for a moment, his hand hovering over Spjótheim for a moment. "Woman." he said again a bit more gruffly, "what is this oh Lady of the light step?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Spot - (1d20+16)[25]
    Listen - (1d20+11)[21]
    Survival - Track - (1d20+22)[36]

    As rolled here
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-04-02 at 05:12 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Lagertha

    Lagertha strode through the snow, moving lightly and naturally ghosting from tree to tree in a hunting lope, bow in hand and ears and eyes open. Already a fat fowl and a white furred rabbit hung from her belt from the long walk to the village of this Earl. She didn't like the lands of Skilfingar, they were far from the safer and better lands of the Skjöldung.

    Walking aware of the land her nose picked up the tang of fresh blood and the sweat and mead of other people so she froze, eyes peeled. She missed her Owls keen eyes but her companion was gone now, lost to a hunter's arow and she was yet to find another one.

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show

    Spot (1d20+9)[24]
    Listen (1d20+8)[15]
    +4 vs Human, +2 vs Animal

    Stealth
    Hide (1d20+11)[17]
    Move silent (1d20+11)[29]


    Seeing a large man confronting the young woman she steps from the tree line. "Who shed blood this day? Earl Knut had said we could travel under peace bond?"

    Approaching cautiously, her step wary she looks at the blood and the trail sniffing the air carefully for any clues.
    Spoiler: tracking
    Show

    Track/survival (1d20+10)[22] +2 vs animal, +4 vs human
    Stance Hunters sense so has scent



    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    Hps 45/45 Saves +6/11/7
    AC 24 (FF 20 Touch 20)

    Effects:
    Stance: hunters sense
    Spells: Primal instinct (24 hours)


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Sage

    Sage decided to stay silent. With strangers around, she might get blamed. Her kind was still not well understood by many. However, she does close in and regards the situation, examines the trail and searches for clues. She´d speak up the moment she felt the others were coming to false conclusions.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Spot (1d20+10)[22]
    Listen (1d20+10)[25]
    Survival (/w Track) (1d20+20)[22]
    Search (1d20+13)[27]
    Avatar by Recaiden

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Eir

    Eir Both yawns loudly...and shivers somehow in the same motion.
    As she rolls her shoulders to get some of the pain of carrying her shield and spears out from her shoulders she comes up behind the two kneeling down to see what they are looking at.

    "Blood?" she asks quietly not wanting to startle either of them from their concentration.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Sigurd breathes in the cold winter air as he trudges along in the snow, his thick coat protecting him from the frost. He muses that he may be overdressed for such comparatively mild weather, but trudges on nonetheless, sweating under his many layers. It does not take long for him to notice the long trail of blood on the snow, causing a chill to run down his spine despite his warmth.

    Sigurd spies a familiar figure through the ice and snow, a brother of his clan, no doubt. He approaches, just entering earshot as the man asks a woman about her lack of tracks left in the fresh snow. “The lightest step is the hardest to catch,” he muses, “I thought I recognized you, Báleygr.” He extends a hand to grab Báleygr’s forearm to signal the brotherhood between clanmates.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Seeing a large man confronting the young woman she steps from the tree line. "Who shed blood this day? Earl Knut had said we could travel under peace bond?"
    "I do not know," the large man says frankly, "But they are no doubt damned in the eyes of the All-father. Perhaps we should follow this trail, see where it may lead us. If there is a warg or a skinchanger about, it would be best to deal with it swiftly."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    "Sigurd Geirsson! I thought I had recognised Wolf's Eye. Well met. I feared it would only be these Skilfingar pups here. With you at my back I needn't sleep with my only eye open." he draws the man closee placing a hand on his shoulder and then slap him several times on the back. He looks to the the other women who have gathered. One clearly a shield maiden by her arms the other seems to be a hunter if the bird and coney at her belt are any sign of her trade. "Busy it would seem, is the path to Cnut's bannerman. Ranveig's road like a Skjöldung feast hall full of people and stained with blood."
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-04-02 at 12:49 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Harald stood away from the commotion, he did not know some of these travellers, and standing around a trail of blood would be a bad time to remember if he had pillaged any of their clansmen before.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming there is no current treaty or oath that would've prevented Harald from doing so. Either way, Harald keeps his distance to not crowd around and step on any tracks.


    He looked ahead and behind them, making sure whatever caused this wasn't too close.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Listen (1d20+6)[18]
    Spot (1d20+6)[14]
    Knowledge (local) and (history) to see if Harald knows the stories of any other party members or any important bits of clan relations. Local (1d20+6)[8]
    History (1d20+6)[22]
    I'm not actually a cat, nor did a cat convince me to make this signature.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by TankLaser007 View Post
    "Sigurd Geirsson! I thought I had recognised Wolf's Eye. Well met. I feared it would only be these Skilfingar pups here. With you at my back I needn't sleep with my only eye open." he draws the man closee placing a hand on his shoulder and then slap him several times on the back. He looks to the the other women who have gathered. One clearly a shield maiden by her arms the other seems to be a hunter if the bird and coney at her belt are any sign of her trade. "Busy it would seem, is the path to Cnut's bannerman. Ranveig's road like a Skjöldung feast hall full of people and stained with blood."
    Sigurd welcomes the embrace, then gives a chuckle for each of Báleygr's quips. "Aye, my father used this mace to slay a wolf-man who was terrorizing his home village, hence the name. Some joke that our clan leader, the bear, is afraid of it. But obviously, those rumours about our chieftain are just that: rumours." He picks the silvered morningstar off of his belt, holding it proudly in his right hand. The weapon is absolutely massive, and would easily be a two-handed weapon for most non-Volsungar. "It's a beauty, isn't it?" He smiles. "It's going back to Hedeby Hall once this is done and over with, of course."

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Lagertha

    Still nodding at sniffing at the blood soaked snow she glances up as others filter into the clearing. "I see you Eir and Harald. I had not realised Guthrum had sent you Ymr-hallr." Then under her breath some to the other hunter (Audr), "It is no wonder the Volsungar speak of the size of their weapons. They have no boasts in other places"..

    Looking up she nods to Harald, "You best get ready, blood spilled and sun not long up. It has the feel of trouble."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Just waiting on survival check results so a filler/banter post

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Báleygr's ears burn then he turns his attention from the tracks to those gathering at their backs.

    "The sons and daughters of the Volsungar have no need for boasts. Our deeds speak for us, and live on the tongues of skalds. If you want to listen to the wisps of dreams hissed from mouth borne serpents just look beneath the rocks in the shadow of the Skarstind. As for the longspears of the Volsungar, huntress, I doubt you have seen one battle upon the boards or seen the thrust of hirdmen or the deftness of our shield maids upon the field of furs."

    "But..." he says scanning the wood again, "on one thing your words are quite true, the day dies and Máni's chase is soon upon us, best we move on to Ymr-hallr or finish this hunt quickly so that we might test the hospitality of the Skilfingar."

    Báleygr puts his hand on Sigurd's shoulder again, "Keep an eye on this one little brother" he says nodding towards Lagertha, "if her axe is as sharp as her tongue, or that bow as quick as her judgement she may well best us all in the field. And remember what a wise man once said; 'there is nothing more dangerous to a man, that overcomes his senses and brings him low, than three: magic, mead, and maids' so guard yourself well lad because we are in the thick..."
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-04-03 at 03:23 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    "I cannot speak for the other ladies, " Audr's tone was a touch jauntier than it should have been - honestly, she was just happy they'd moved on from questioning her tracks - "but I left maidenhood behind some time ago. My husband, as well - but I'll be honest with you, of the two, I miss him less. I didn't bring any mead either, so whatever senses - or 'highness' - you already have should be quite safe from me..."

    Audr has a quiet response to Lagertha ready as well: "You've never served on a longboat, have you? You'd be amazed how quickly such sentiments can find you attempting to swim home. In your sleep, usually. You may not necessarily be wrong, but some thoughts are still best left inside your head."

    Then a touch louder, to the group again: "Though I suspect the rest of you must in truth be fairly capable. I've spent many seasons 'serving at sea'; presumably the rest of you are at least as experienced as I am, since we all appear to have been summoned to the same place, at the same time... and quite likely, for the same purpose."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    “Had Odin wanted us to forgo wine and women, he’d not have made them life’s greatest joys,” Sigurd retorts, “But there’ll be plenty of time for those once our quest is at an end. Let us not let bickering between clans distract us from the task at hand; Knut could have just as easily gathered his own bannermen for this quest, and yet, he petitioned for the strongest warriors of every clan. Let us oblige by his wish, and set old rivalries by the wayside in the time being.”


    “I am Sigurd, Son of Geir,” the warrior says, introducing himself to those who have arrived, “Of the Volsungar... though I would imagine you’ve figured that part out on your own by now.” He laughs, glancing down at Audr and the others who’ve gathered next to the bloody trail. “Are we certain if the trail of blood is fresh or not?”

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    It's not long that you hear the *CAW, CAW* of a raven returning.

    Huginn flies back to Audr, who catches her deftly with an outstretched hand. The bird prunes itself for a moment, before hopping to and fro, indicating, apparently, that it had found something.

    At the same time Lagertha sees the telltale sign of tracks.

    Large tracks, as if a man twice the size of Báleygr had trodden here, it moves off to the left, into the dark woods.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    "My name is Auðr, and I am not currently entitled to a patronymic. This is Huginn" Audr gestures at her Raven, before stroking him to get him to quiet down, " - not that Huginn - and he tells me we have trouble awaiting up the path." Audr notes. "Who here makes a good scout? We could do with getting this trouble spied by someone who can actually tell us what they saw..."

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Báleygr leans down to look at the black bird, with his only good eye, while still looking at the raven he says, "I could scout ahead. Follow these tracks as well." he tilts his head to the side then raises it level again before moving it sharply to look towards the tree line, "or I could ask Huginn what he saw." Báleygr stares intently at the bird.

    Spoiler: Raven Whispers
    Show

    "Is there something you wish to tell your mistress Huginn? Did you see something not of the wood or strange?"


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Use Speak With Animals SLA, 2 minutes
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-04-03 at 03:24 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    The raven looks at Báleygr sideways, it was not every day one of the busy-animals actually spoke to it. Especially in its own language.

    The raven CAWWWED loudly, CAW, CAWWW. CAW, CAW, CAWWWWW.

    It seemed energetic, excited even, perhaps the chance to speak to one of small not-monster-men.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Large beast, eating, grey skin.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Báleygr nods as Huginn speaks, smiling at the excited bird.

    Spoiler: Raven Whispers
    Show

    "Well met. Auðr will be pleased. Thank you, maester Huginn. Did you see what it is eating?"


    He then faces his mistress Auðr. "He says there is a large beast, grey of skin that is feasting."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Any ideas regarding what this large grey skinned creature might be?
    Knowledge - Nature - (1d20+14)[22]
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-04-03 at 04:22 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    The bird CAWS loudly again, but repeats itself over and over again.

    Grey skin, grey skin, eating eating!

    You cannot recall anything with grey skin that would leave such large tracks.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Quietly, Audr's smiling as the conversation goes on. You may think it's because someone's able to talk to Huginn - but no, she's done it plenty of times. It's because Báleygr had shown he was also capable of doing so. Interesting...

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Lagertha

    She grins, showing her teeth to the two Volsngar before pointing through the woods. "There, the tracks lead that way. Now we can hunt." As she begins to follow the tracks the mention of "big grey monster" making her draw her bow.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Follow tracks bow in hand
    Perception (2d20)[4][1](5) +8 listen, +9 spot
    Stealth (2d20)[19][3](22) +11 hide/m.silent


    Hps 45/45 Saves +6/11/7
    AC 24 (FF 20 Touch 20)

    Effects:
    Stance: step of the wind
    Spells: Primal instinct (24 hours)


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Sage

    Sage follows the conversations, especially those about the monster they may be facing, with interest. She had wanted to step forward when the ask for a question happened, but she did not want to put herself in the spotlight now someone else volunteered. She follows the others while thinking about the description of the monster and looking at the tracks.

    Spoiler: Knowledge (nature)
    Show
    (1d20+14)[31]
    Avatar by Recaiden

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Even in the face of being insulted, Sigurd finds it difficult to be offended at such a goofy, toothy grin as he lets a chuckle escape from his lips. "Aye, hunt we shall." He concurs, following just behind the huntress, "This may be a good time to say that I speak Jotun, that old and ancient tongue. Just imagine what could've left footprints this large..."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Survival (Track): (1d20+12)[16]
    Listen: (1d20+12)[13]
    Spot: (1d20+3)[11]
    Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+6)[22]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Eir:

    Eir waves greeting to Lagertha.

    While the others speak..she thinks if she might know of any beasts like the ones the crow described..

    Mumbling to herself while she does so..she rubs her hand hand over her face.... "Large...grey..meat eater...Hmmm"

    Spoiler: Knowledge Rolls
    Show

    Knowledge Arcana: (1d20+8)[13]
    Knowledge Religion: (1d20+8)[9]
    Knowledge Planes: (1d20+8)[13]
    Knowledge History: (1d20+8)[14]

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2017

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Recognizing Lagertha, Harald eases up a bit, knowing that he travels with clansmen.
    This creature up ahead interests him, a large, flesh-eating beast? No less glory than killing a bear, and there were plenty of folks here to vouch for any tales of conquest.
    Spoiler: Knowledge
    Show
    Seeing if Harald knows of such a beast.
    Knowledge (local) (1d20+6)[10]
    Knowledge (nature) Max 10 (1d20+4)[12]


    He jogs up a bit to the others, and speaks to Sigurd, You say you speak Jotun? Have you ever fought them before? I would be happy to share such tales with you."
    I'm not actually a cat, nor did a cat convince me to make this signature.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    You move off with the ease of a practiced raiding party, each of you falling into roles you know and have experienced before, there is no quarrel of leadership, only the expectation, that you all fight together, as one, even through disparaging backgrounds, this was a hunt.

    It didn't take long before you found your quarry, and through the settling snow, you were all able to creep quietly enough to find it still feasting on its meal without alerting it. The thing was a giant, easily twice the size of Sigurd or even Báleygr hunched over, it feasted on something that it held with both hands, and its cold grey skin almost allowed it to camouflage with the growing snow.

    It suddenly stops chewing, and sniffs the air, its head turning to the side.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Roll initiative, and take a standard surprise round action.
    Map
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2017-04-05 at 03:27 PM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Lagertha

    The huntress looks ahead spying the beast eating its prey and ghosts forward, her feet sliding over the snow as she moves like the wind with eerie grace an arrow nocked as she moves to place a large tree between her and the beast trying to think of legends of such a beast, and more importantly its weaknesses! She ignores the others as she moves forwards in the hunt, happy that they will probably charge forward in a rush to distract the creature.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



    Init (1d20+5)[17]
    Know Devotion (1d20)[12] (+14 nature, +9 Dungeoneering, +8 religion, +8 arcana, +10 local) : please let me know which is the most appropriate
    Std: continue to advance

    Hps 45/45 Saves +6/11/7
    AC 24 (FF 20 Touch 20)

    Effects:
    Stance: step of the wind
    Spells: Primal instinct (24 hours)

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Audr grips her spear and begins circling to the left. She's strictly 'alright' in a purely physical combat sense, but she's not (yet) feeling like trying to impress this lot, (and there's probably enough of them here to swarm the thing under with numbers alone) so...

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Initiative" - (1d20+3)[8]

    Now she can see it for herself, Audr will also attempt identification.
    "Arcana" - (1d20+7)[25]
    "Geography" - (1d20+9)[15]
    "Nature" - (1d20+16)[19]
    "Religion" - (1d20+13)[17]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Jafnan Vándr [IC]

    Sage

    Sage looks at the creature, draws her tigerskull club and positions herself within charging range, happy to let someone else head into melee first. "A Troll...." she mutters. The first time you heard the Neanderthal speak.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Initiative: (1d20+6)[26]
    Draw club, cast (swift) master´s touch, use 1 inspiration point
    Knowledge (nature) devotion, spend 1 inspiration point on cunning knowledge: (1d20+20)[23]
    Avatar by Recaiden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •