New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [LFG] Off turn attacks

I not sure I understand how Off turn attacks in Low Fantasy Gaming are supposed to work.

This is the section explaining Off turn attacks:

Quote Originally Posted by Low Fantasy Gaming p. 94
    Some monsters have special Off Turn Attacks allowing them to make a single physical attack in between adventurer turns. If such a monster has no adjacent enemies in between adventurer turns, the monster may make a move action in addition to a single attack.
    I'm confused by 'single physical attack in between adventurer turns'.

Can a monster with Off Turn attack make a single attack every time the turn order change from one adventurer to the next?

Or can the monster make a single off-turn attack once during a full combat round?

Also, what if the adventurers are fighting multiple monster; a boss with off turn attacks and a bunch of mooks? Say the boss goes first, then adventurer A, then mook 1, adventurer B, mook 2, adventurer C, mook 3 and then the round is over. There's never a time when the turn order change from adventurer to adventurer - there's always a mook interrupting. Can the boss use its off turn attack?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [LFG] Off turn attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Blymurkla View Post
    I not sure I understand how Off turn attacks in Low Fantasy Gaming are supposed to work.

This is the section explaining Off turn attacks:

I'm confused by 'single physical attack in between adventurer turns'.

Can a monster with Off Turn attack make a single attack every time the turn order change from one adventurer to the next?

Or can the monster make a single off-turn attack once during a full combat round?

Also, what if the adventurers are fighting multiple monster; a boss with off turn attacks and a bunch of mooks? Say the boss goes first, then adventurer A, then mook 1, adventurer B, mook 2, adventurer C, mook 3 and then the round is over. There's never a time when the turn order change from adventurer to adventurer - there's always a mook interrupting. Can the boss use its off turn attack?
    The intent is that every time a PC finishes their turn, the Boss monster gets a single attack. So Bosses are very dangerous foes because they constantly threaten the party with damage. With their extra hp and other protections, they are capable of fighting the party solo.

In your example with Boss plus mooks, the order would be: boss goes, adventurer A, boss, mook 1, adventurer B, boss, mook 2, adventurer 3, boss and then the round is over.

Hope this helps!
    Low Fantasy Gaming RPG - Free PDF at the link: https://lowfantasygaming.com/
    $1 Adventure Frameworks - RPG Mini Adventures: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=645444
    Midlands Low Magic Sandbox Setting - https://lowfantasygaming.com/2017/12...x-setting-pdf/
    GM Toolkits - Traps, Hirelings, Blackpowder, Mass Battle, 5e Hardmode, Olde World Loot http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...Fantasy-Gaming

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [LFG] Off turn attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Psikerlord View Post
    The intent is that every time a PC finishes their turn, the Boss monster gets a single attack. So Bosses are very dangerous foes because they constantly threaten the party with damage. With their extra hp and other protections, they are capable of fighting the party solo.

In your example with Boss plus mooks, the order would be: boss goes, adventurer A, boss, mook 1, adventurer B, boss, mook 2, adventurer 3, boss and then the round is over.

Hope this helps!
    That helps big time.