Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V20_NyBN

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Default V20_NyBN

Hey this is our ooc thread please use the first three slots to post your pc and then we can talk about how this group is ok together.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: V20_NyBN

Sandor Mihaly Ducheski (Clan Tremere)
    Better known as: Samuel Durant

The essential part of this character is his dedication to his Revenant Family and the irony of an immortal being actually trying to care about a mortal family and posing as a household butler to not gain suspicion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sandor Mihaly Ducheski takes on the appearance of a tall, adult with black hair, brown eyes, and pale skin. He typically dresses in a servants outfit. He has the crest of his Lord on his attire.

Sandor is a dedicated servant to his Family and his Clan and upholds a strong sense of duty to his master. He faithfully follows and carries out his Lord's orders, while ensuring that the household runs smoothly.

Some were embraced into this life. Sandor as a member of the Ducheski Family was born into it.

Nature: Architect
    Demeanor: Conformist
    Concept: Sebastian Michael
    ----------
    Strength: 2
    Dexterity: 2
    Stamina: 2

Charisma: 3
    Manipulation: 5
    Appearance: 2

Perception: 2
    Intelligence: 4
    Wits: 2
    ----------
    Talents:

Athletics:1
    Alertness: 1
    Awareness: 1
    Empathy: 3
    Expression: 1
    Intimidation: 1
    Subterfuge: 1

Skills:
    Etiquette: 1
    Performance: 1
    Stealth: 1
    Animal Ken: 1
    Larceny: 1

Knowledges:
    Academics: 1
    Finance: 1
    Investigation: 1
    Medicine: 1
    Occult: 1
    Computer: 1
    Science 1
    Politics 1
    Technology 1
    ----------
    Disciplines:
    Thaumaturgy (Path of Blood): 3

----------
    Backgrounds:

Resources: 4
    Herd: 1
    (Retainer: 1)
    (Generation 5)
    (Alternate Identity 4)
    ----------
    Virtues:
    Path of Community

Courage

Conscience: 3
    Self-Control: 4 (5)
    Courage: 3 (4)

Path of Community: (Conscience+Self Control) 7 (8)
    Willpower: 3 (10)
    ----------

Freebies:

Courage 4 (2)
    Self Control 5 (2)
    Willpower 10 (6)
    Retainer 1 (1)
    New Discipline:
    Valeren: Healer (11)

Merits:
    Eat Food (1)
    Language : English + German(1) (13)
    Language: Spanish+ Russian (1)
    Langauge: Latin + French (1)
    Language: Arabic+ Italian (1)
    Natural Linguist: (2) (18)
    Lucky (3)
    Native: Hungarian
    Early Riser (1)
    Blush of Health (2)
    Light Sleeper (2)
    Deceptive Aura (1) (27)
    Inoffensive to animals (1)
    Medium (2)
    Hidden Diablerie (3) (33)
    Generation 5
    Alternate Identity 4
    Ally 1 City Councillor Darla Popov
    Domain 2 Durant Senior Lofts (45)
    Influence 1
    Retainer 3
    Status 1 (50)
    Intelligence 5 (55)

XP: 75

Obfuscate 2 17
    Celerity 1 10
    Presence 1 10
    Elemental Master Path 2 11
    Protean 1 10
    Technomancy Path 1 7
    Valeren Healer 1 10

Flaws:
    Slow Healing (3)
    Prey Exclusion (Children) (1)

Abilities for those Points: Etiquette +2

What kind of Ranks do you guys have?
    Samuel does give Respect where Respect is due since he is very much invested in his good reputation and name. So if anybody outranks him within Kindred society Samuel will be a reasonable follower.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2019-10-24 at 08:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dr. Cullen Kavanagh

Cullen is a Tzimisce embraced outside of the Sabbat. In life he was a surgeon, specifically a plastic surgeon in Hollywood. His sire embraced him and began his tutelage with the discipline of Vicissitude. Taking to it like a duck to water Cullen's innate perfectionist drive allowed him to improve himself rather quickly.

With the destruction of his sire by the Sabbat, Cullen decided to head back home to New York. There he very carefully began to make inroads with the Camarilla. Knowing that his clan was after him he sought to use his skills both as a surgeon and with vicissitude to offer favors in exchange for helping him out, getting information, and meeting with higher ups.

I have given him the Clan Enmity (Tzimisce) flaw as well as Probationary Sect Member flaw to indicate that he is hunted by the Tzimisce for not being a sabbat, and for the newness to the Cam, which might lead some to mistrust him. Though I didn't include any points from Probationary into my build as it might have been to much.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Spoiler
    Show

*snipped!*
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-11-11 at 12:30 PM.
    Adventures in the Borderlands [5E] - IC-Ch.0 / OC
    A Concerto of Death [5E] - IC / OC / Awreen

Tarot-Mage-atar by Cuthalion, may his pixels never die.

5. - Top - End - #5

@Truemane
    The fact Cullen can manipulate his own appearance via Promethean Clay might cause him to be a little freaked out. Someone who can actually change his face.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeMonsters View Post
    @Truemane
    The fact Cullen can manipulate his own appearance via Promethean Clay might cause him to be a little freaked out. Someone who can actually change his face.
    Yep, that does sound freaky.

Poor guy is going to have a hard time.

EDIT: In terms of how we're together, I'm happy to roll with even the flimsiest of excuses, in order to make the game run smooth.

For Cullen, maybe he had trouble finding somewhere to stay safely when he was still new, and Aleister (who doesn't much care about Kindred politics unless he has to) offered to put him up in one of his bolt-holes? Possible they kept in touch (professional regard) and are now sort of distant friends?

EDIT 2: I would also like to sign up for being Marcus the Gargoyle's very best friend. Paranoid or not, I think Aleister would be SO excited to have an actual Gargoyle haunting one of 'his' hospitals.
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-24 at 11:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
    Yep, that does sound freaky.

Poor guy is going to have a hard time.

EDIT: In terms of how we're together, I'm happy to roll with even the flimsiest of excuses, in order to make the game run smooth.

For Cullen, maybe he had trouble finding somewhere to stay safely when he was still new, and Aleister (who doesn't much care about Kindred politics unless he has to) offered to put him up in one of his bolt-holes? Possible they kept in touch (professional regard) and are now sort of distant friends?
    I think that works just fine. His sire might have even been a previous contact with Aleister so that was how they got in touch initially. Since he was a respectable plastic surgeon in Hollywood, so his name was something that could reasonably become a point of interest at least when he was first embraced.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeMonsters View Post
    I think that works just fine. His sire might have even been a previous contact with Aleister so that was how they got in touch initially. Since he was a respectable plastic surgeon in Hollywood, so his name was something that could reasonably become a point of interest at least when he was first embraced.
    Yeah, that totally works. I don't think Aleister has ever been out of New York much, but it's totally reasonable he'd have heard the name and the reputation. Also possible he made use of Cullen's skills in one of his freaky military experiments?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Character
    Show
    Marcus has always been a drifter, never settling on anything, and frequently being forced to resort to baser skills to get by. He was a solider, until he was discharged for getting fed up being told what to do. He was a leg breaker for a loan shark, until he fell for one too many sob stories. Whatever he was expected to do, eventually he'd turn against it, for no other reason that an irrational stubbornness. Perhaps that's what led him to be chosen. He doesn't know what Clan had embraced him, that was lost when he was transformed. Kindred society has proven difficult for him, a whole new set of complex rules, norms and traditions that went back thousands of years, made more complex by how gargoyles are treated by most vampires. He couldn't dig his heels in against anything, because he didn't know what was rebellion and what was compliance. None of this was a deliberate choice, just a general sense of unease as he worked out how this new world operated. All he knew for sure was, he refused to be anyone's "slave" as gargoyles are frequently called. But, he was as good as ever at making believe he was a good soldier, playing along while he got the lay of the land. That and his talent for violence and intimidation got him in with the local enforcer, the "sheriff." Probably was the only way a guy like him could be anything but the bottom rung, not when vampire society was a soap opera with a cast of nothing but serial killers. At the moment, he's resigned himself to several decades of figuring out just what's what.

Spoiler: Sheet
    Show
    Name: Marcus
    Concept: Rebel without a cause
    Nature: Rebel
    Demeanor: Soldier
    Clan: Gargoyle
    Generation: 11th
    Willpower: 7 (15xp)
    XP: 2

--Attributes--
    (P) Strength: 4 [vicious] (5fp)
    (P) Stamina: 4 [tireless] (5fp)
    (P) Dexterity: 5 [lightning reflexes] (15fp)

(T) Charisma: 3 (5fp)
    (T) Manipulation: 3
    (T) Appearance: 0

(S) Intelligence: 2
    (S) Wits: 4 [sh!t talking]
    (S) Perception: 3 (5fp)

--Abilities--
    (T) Talents:
    Alertness: 3
    Athletics: 3
    Awareness: 3 (9xp)
    Brawl: 5 [boxing] (2fp, 8xp)
    Empathy:
    Expression:
    Intimidation: 4 [veiled threats] (6xp)
    Leadership:
    Streetwise: 2 (4fp)
    Subterfuge:

(P) Skills:
    Animal Ken:
    Crafts:
    Drive:
    Etiquette: 1
    Firearms:
    Larceny: 3
    Melee:
    Performance: 3
    Stealth: 3
    Survival:

(T) Knowledges:
    Academia:
    Computers: 1
    Finance:
    Investigation: 1
    Law: 1
    Medicine:
    Occult: 1
    Science:
    Politics: 1
    Technology:

--Disciplines--
    [Clan]
    Potence: 3 (10xp)
    Flight: 2 (7fp)
    Fortitude 2 (7fp)
    Visceratika: 2 (15xp)

Celerity 1 (10xp)

--Advantages--
    Virtues:
    -Conscience: 3
    -Self-Control: 3
    -Courage: 4
    Backgrounds:
    -Generation: 2
    -Resources: 3

--Merits & Flaws--
    Bruiser (1)
    Common Sense (1)
    Iron Will (3)
    Bullyboy (2)
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2019-10-25 at 02:26 PM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

So if I see it correctly with Aleister we have a not unimportant kindred
    among us.
    Since Samuel does believe in rules and order as long as those orders are semi reasonable Samuel will have no problem following our great leaders plan. ;-)
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2019-10-25 at 06:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

*Waves*
    Hey all. Bit late, but here's my character.

Spoiler: Sheet
    Show

Name: Josias "Enigma" Smith
    Generation: 8th
    Sire: Zelios
    Concept: Skill monkey / hacker
    Nature: Scientist
    Demeanor: Trickster
    Haven: Hidden lair in NY sewers

Attributes
    Strength: 2 (4 xp)
    Dexterity: 4 [Precise]
    Stamina: 2 (4 xp)

Charisma: 2
    Manipulation: 5 [Misdirection]
    Appearance: 0

Perception: 4 [Probing]
    Intelligence: 5 [Analytical]
    Wits: 3 (12 xp)

Abilities
    Alertness: 3
    Athletics: 1
    Awareness: 3
    Brawl: 1 (1 xp)
    Empathy: 3
    Expression: 1 (1 xp)
    Intimidation: 1 (1 xp)
    Leadership: 1 (1 xp)
    Streetwise: 1 (1 xp)
    Subterfuge: 3

Skills
    Animal Ken: 3
    Crafts: 1 (1 xp)
    Drive: 1 (1 xp)
    Etiquette: 1 (1 xp)
    Firearms: 1 (1 xp)
    Larceny: 3
    Melee: 1 (1 xp)
    Performance: 1 (1 xp)
    Stealth: 3
    Survival: 1 (1 xp)

Knowledges
    Academics: 1 (1 xp)
    Computer: 5 [Encryption] (4 fb)
    Finance: 1 (1 xp)
    Investigation: 2
    Law: 1 (1 xp)
    Medicine: 1 (1 xp)
    Occult: 1 (1 xp)
    Politics: 1 (1 xp)
    Science: 1 (1 xp)
    Technology: 1 (1 xp)

Disciplines
    Animalism: 2 (5 xp)
    Auspex: 4 (28 fb)
    Obfuscate: 5 (30 xp) (7 fb)
    Potence: 1

Virtues
    Conscience: 3
    Self-Control: 3
    Courage: 5 (2 fb)

Stats
    Blood Pool: 15/15 3/turn
    Path (Humanity): 6
    Willpower: 10 (5 fb)

Backgrounds
    Allies: -
    Contacts: 2 (2 fb)
    Domain: 4 (4 fb)
    Generation: 5
    Herd: -
    Influence: -
    Resources: 5 (5 fb)
    Retainers: 1 (1 fb)

Merits
    Computer Apitude [1] -- Guide To The Camarilla p. 74 | All rolls involving computers are at -2 difficulty.
    Fast learner [3] -- Demon's Player Guide p. 82 | The cost to gain a new Ability is 1 experience point instead of 3.
    False reflection [3] -- Clanbook: Nosferatu (Revised) p. 71 | Mask of a Thousand Faces works on recording media.
    Inoffensive to animals [animalism]

Flaws
    Addiction (nicotine) [3]
    Deep sleeper [1]
    Nightmares [1]
    Prey exclusion (young children) [1]
    Unconvinced [1]

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Josias is not actually that old. He was 'recruited' in 1985 because of his talent with computers.
    Until then, he'd lived a pretty normal life. But after he got kidnapped hired, life got kind of crazy.
    For about five years, he was locked away in what he would later learn was a bunker near New York, while he worked with a few other kidnappees for a Nosferatu cell on an early version of ShreckNET.

By the end, he'd proven so useful he was actually 'given' the embrace. His Sire, Zelios, spent a few years teaching Josias disciplines and traditions, before formally setting him free.

Once free, Josias decided he needed money and a way to get boons from Harpies, so became an art thief.
    With his profits, he bought cryptocurrency. So now he is filthy rich, semi-retired, and kind of bored. He could do with an adventure.

12. - Top - End - #12

Devil

So a nos, a malk, a gargoyle, a tzi and a tremere in a coterie together letís figure out why. Did you all just follow in together? How about the last sabbath attack you guys where trapped with no one else around you each ended up helping each other during the fight so you are now brothers in arms trying to help each other still? I donít know spit balling ideas. Worse comes to worse I can have the prince throw you together.

13. - Top - End - #13

Honestly I think the Malk, Tzi, and Gargoyle are worked out, Cullen works with Aleister and Marcus is under Aleister's employ (If he agrees)

As for the Nos and the Tremere. I am not sure. I can see a Nos searching out a plastic surgeon Tzimisce to help with their appearance each night, but also maybe to punish those who have wronged him "Make them as ugly as me" kinda thing. The Tremere... no clue.

14. - Top - End - #14

Well, even New York probably only has about 200 Kindred. So there's a decent chance we all know each other by name or reputation, if not by sight. Unless Sandor or Josias have spent effort to stay out of things (which either of them may have). So there's lots of reasons a Prince or Primogen or someone could be like 'you should look up so and so.'

It would help if Sandor or Josias had some strong goals or motivations. They're both a little isolationist. Which makes it hard to hook them into a larger narrative.

So the widest net I can think of is a threat to Sandor's vassal family. He can assist with what that would look like, but it could be anything from some old enemy wants to hurt him to some non-Camarilla/non-Kindred threat sees them as an easy in-road. And Sandor goes to the Primogen to ask for aid, and they ask Aleister to help. And he brings his buds. And maybe the Nos hacker is sent along to spy on everyone for the Prince.

Incidentally: Tyrann, are you sure you need 5 dots in Resources? I mean, I know it's just one freebie from 4, but narratively, 5 resources is, like, Jeff Bezos level wealth. There aren't even enough Bitcoin currently in existence to generate it. That's a lot of weight to put into a story.

15. - Top - End - #15

Zombie

Josias visits Elysium from time to time. Just tries to avoid nasty looks from Toreador harpies while he's there.

As for strong motivation, he doesn't have any on purpose because why on earth would a Nozzie with an agenda join forces with this party? Instead, he's just a bored hacker looking for something entertaining to fill his nights with, and he has a special fondness for watching Malks and other lunatics do their eye of the storm thing.

Alternatively, he could just be working off a boon he owes one of you or something, I'm fine with that.

Also, if you want anything stolen from behind a high tech security system, or if you want something hacked, Josias is probably your guy.

And I could drop the resources to 4 dots, no problem. The V20 rulebook didn't actually give any numbers. But if 4 dots is like the 10 million ballpark then that's about what I had in mind.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-10-25 at 03:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Devil

I like the boon ideas how about this you all owed the random people boons and you discovered they all got traded to the harpy who has cashed them in for you all to show up for a meeting and work together

17. - Top - End - #17

Zombie

Works for me. And if we figure out we work well together we could always form a coterie from there.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Marcus would willingly join up with a coterie for a few reasons. One, as a way to better learn about Kindred society, something that as a gargoyle he's ill-equipped to learn about without considerable help, and two as a way to thumb his nose at the Tremere by putting himself in a situation where one of them has to treat him as an equal. Which is not to say Sandor would see him as a slave, but that's how Marcus would see it.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Reasons to hang out I think can be found:

I am absolutely willing to work with the idea we had to stick together during sabbat combat or we all owed a favor.
    Just throwing around ideas:

Hmm so do we want a positive or negative motivation?
    Are we protecting our homes from an external threat together?
    Sabbat is a classic . But in New York how about a movement against surveillance? No kindred needs cameras showing what he is doing?
    How about boredom did we all meet in the universities night classes , because well there are only a few of them and we all wanted to know more about subject X?
    Are any of you Catholic? Did we meet in church? I guess the number of evening prayers is not infinite.
    Do you enjoy fine dining or gardening/gardens ? Sandor would definitely cross your path.
    Was there a hunter in town we needed to hide from?

It is very well possible that I met some of our doctors through my mortal connections since most humans need a doctor at some point.

One idea I like alot:
    Are we selling fake identities together?
    Our malkavian has the kindred status to organize meetings.
    Our tzimisce provides new faces.
    Sandor is a bit of a language Savant and member of a very tight knit Clan. I do have a city connection and could let one of my retainers work in city hall?
    Our Gargoyle would be an excellent way to demonstrate that people should not refuse to pay the bills?
    Every Identity creation operation needs a hacker?

Kindred need so many identities, are we the people that provide them?
    If so you might know that Sandor decided on an alternative identity to make himself appear socially younger then he actually is. Which would make you trusted confidantes.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2019-10-25 at 08:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

I'm ok with the boon idea. Cullen would be one to do favors but not take favors as he wouldn't want to owe anyone. But I can see him being new and getting himself having to offer a boon to get in good with someone in the prince's good side.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

We could combine the Sabbat and fake ID ideas. A seller and their compatriots, along with some buyers they've never met, are forced to work together in the face of a mutual threat.

22. - Top - End - #22

Devil

I am fine with whatever you guys want either way the harpy is going to offer you each a minor boon for coming to see her and helping.

23. - Top - End - #23

Devil

Next thing I need is for each of you to roll 2 10 sided die and give me the number

24. - Top - End - #24

Zombie

Rolling a d10 for Josias:

(1d10)[9]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

(2d10)[4][7](11)

As requested

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

They see me rollin'
    (2d10)[12]

27. - Top - End - #27

Zombie

Whoops, I only rolled 1 d10 earlier.

First d10 was a 9 (see 3 posts above)
    Second roll: (1d10)[4]

28. - Top - End - #28

Sorry for the delay, work and all that.
    (1d10)[10]
    (1d10)[2]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    We could combine the Sabbat and fake ID ideas. A seller and their compatriots, along with some buyers they've never met, are forced to work together in the face of a mutual threat.

Hmm I like the idea !
    Just throwing it in there that maybe there was a break in or one of the mortals we used to create ID's disappeared?
    And now we are afraid a customer list and list of contacts might be out there?

30. - Top - End - #30

Rolling!

(2d10)[10]