Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

Heather has quite a bit.

We might also want to rerecruit, if I recall, both Heather and Darshee fill alot of similar roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Heather has quite a bit.

We might also want to rerecruit, if I recall, both Heather and Darshee fill alot of similar roles.
    The more the merrier, I've still got a copy of the original recruitment blurb (saved it at the top of this thread). Who wants to post it?

As to roles, though... You're an Arcane caster, I'm divine (prepared Druid, Spontaneous Oracle); you've got Rogue levels (and trapfinding) for being a skillmonkey, I've got decent AC, good HP, an at-will Xd6 touch attack (X=14 next level, I think), incorporeality, and DR - so I can tank. I can also change out my bonded spirit easily enough - I've got a fair number of options for that.

So... what roles do you see yourself filling, and what roles would you like me to cover? Between the upcoming equipment change-out (reset to 14th WBL - I have Craft Wondrous Item and Craft Magic Arms & Armor so I can sell for half and make stuff for half) and extra feat (HD 15), I can respec well enough.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-09-28 at 06:57 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #303

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    The more the merrier, I've still got a copy of the original recruitment blurb (saved it at the top of this thread). Who wants to post it?

As to roles, though... You're an Arcane caster, I'm divine (prepared Druid, Spontaneous Oracle); you've got Rogue levels (and trapfinding) for being a skillmonkey, I've got decent AC, good HP, an at-will Xd6 touch attack (X=14 next level, I think), incorporeality, and DR - so I can tank. I can also change out my bonded spirit easily enough - I've got a fair number of options for that.

So... what roles do you see yourself filling, and what roles would you like me to cover? Between the upcoming equipment change-out (reset to 14th WBL - I have Craft Wondrous Item and Craft Magic Arms & Armor so I can sell for half and make stuff for half) and extra feat (HD 15), I can respec well enough.
    I see Heather as playing the arcane caster, skillmonkey and being a face,

If we stay with 2. I imagine Darshee focusing on being a tank, and healer.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

I see Heather as playing the arcane caster, skillmonkey and being a face,

If we stay with 2. I imagine Darshee focusing on being a tank, and healer.
    Do you have knowledge checks covered?

Edit: Arcana, History, Nobility, Planes, and Religion, but no ranks in Dungeoneering, Engineering, Local, or Geography.

Hmm.

I've got one rank each in the ones you're missing, and they're class skills. If I keep to the Lore Spirit and hang on to Benefits of Wisdom, then I've got a +18 mod in each. If I drop the Lore spirit (switching to Life, for Channel Energy and Life Link to give you fast healing (at my expense)), then I'm back to using Intelligence, and I'm down to a +12 mod in each (possible +13 or +14, depending on item loadout).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-09-28 at 09:42 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #305

How much at your expense?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

How much at your expense?
    One for one. The Life Spirit's Life Link, specifically. However, I'll have... 288, I think? ... HP (unless I upgrade my headband to include +6 Enhancement to Charisma, in which case add another 45 to that total), and I've got Harm to fix myself up quickly. And I can cut you off with an immediate action in a pinch. I'd be accessing the Life Link ability of the Shaman Life spirit via the Spirit Guide Oracle Archetype.

Wording is:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Life Link (Su): The shaman creates a bond between herself and another creature within 30 feet. Each round at the start of the shamanís turn, if the bonded creature is wounded for 5 or more hit points below its maximum hit points it heals 5 hit points and the shaman takes 5 points of damage. The shaman can have one bond active per shaman level. The bond continues until the bonded creature dies, the shaman dies, the distance between her and the bonded creature exceeds 100 feet, or the shaman ends it as an immediate action. If the shaman has multiple bonds active, she can end as many as she wants with the same immediate action.
    ... with a note that Wis and Cha should be swapped in the above.

Edit: Side note: I found the Faq entry that prevents double-stacking things. Turns out because the Nymph's Unearthly Grace grants a racial bonus to saves, it stacks with the undead's Charisma to fort instead-of-con. So my Fort save should be my best save, theoretically.

Gunhaven: Do you have a writeup? It'd be nice to have a short intro ready when doing a recruitment thread.

Edit: To-do: Items, but how's she looking so far?

Note: I found the perfect item for this character: Amulet of Grasping Souls, and currently plan to re-do most equipment around it (it's a one-off incorporeal tax, rather than an 'every item' incorporeal tax, and as a bonus: Includes any random thing I pick up). I have Craft Wondrous, Craft Magic Arms & Armor, and Forge Ring, so it's a matter of "time available" rather than "cost efficiency".

Edit 2: Got items done.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-10-02 at 09:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Likely opening post:
    Once more Chortan approaches the assembled group of like-powered individuals and once more he speaks. ĒThe latest mission involves some hopefully minor investigation. We had received a request from the Golarion branch of some object streaking through the night sky. From the description I believe it to be a meteor and would like you to confirm such. If it isnít then investigate what it was and return with a full report. Are there any questions?Ē
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2018-10-03 at 04:27 AM.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Planning the recruitment thread post:

Spoiler
    Show
    System: Pathfinder
    Player Count: 4 open positions, but see notes
    Style of Play: Highly variable.
    Allowed Content:
    • Non-variant 1st party Paizo available on d20 PF SRD is open game.
    • All other content (including Paizo content NOT on d20 PF SRD for any reason) must meet the following criteria:
      1. It must be accessible to all players
      2. It must be specifically requested
      3. It must be approved by an established participant (Jack_Simth, Illven, or Gunhaven)

Character Creation:
    • High Fantasy Point Buy (see Here: 20 points)
    • Starting Level 14 (exact). No XP progression; you gain one level for each completed adventure arc under a given DM. Wealth is reset to WBL at that time. Crafting permitted. Please don't abuse consumables.
    • PC Wealth by level for 14th
    • Gestalt (Monsters as PCs OK as class levels)
    • Fractional BAB/saves
    • Two traits
    • Backstory: Definitely have one. We are all assumed to have met, and be allied with each other for one reason or another.
    • Hitpoints/Health: Max first, average (round up) for the rest. So a d12 gets 7 HP (before Con), a d10 gets 6 hp (before con), and so on.
    • Alignment: Any, but MUST be a 'team player'. Those who sabotage their fellows, steal from their allies, or cannot accept a group decision are not the sort that survive very long in a dangerous environment.
    • One Free CR 2 (or less) template.

Other Notes:
    Rotating DM. Every accepted player is ALSO a DM. We all take turns on being the DM, and each of us runs a "guild mission' (a shortish story arc) - when your turn to DM is up, your PC is elsewhere doing ambiguous things in the background, not on screen. There will be no DMPC's. If a DM vanishes, that arc is dropped, and the next person's turn is up.

The next story arc is scheduled to be run by Gunhaven. Teaser:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Once more Chortan approaches the assembled group of like-powered individuals and once more he speaks. ĒThe latest mission involves some hopefully minor investigation. We had received a request from the Golarion branch of some object streaking through the night sky. From the description I believe it to be a meteor and would like you to confirm such. If it isnít then investigate what it was and return with a full report. Are there any questions?Ē
    If you have trouble coming up with adventuring ideas, here's a modest method intended to help inspire based on a lecture I heard while in high school:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Come up with a listing of thematically-approrpiate nouns, and number them.
    Spoiler: example nouns
    Show
    1:Princess, 2:Queen, 3:Prince, 4:King, 5:Dragon, 6:Demon, 7:Devil, 8:Golem, 9:Wizard, 10:Priest, 11:Angel, 12:Archon, 13:Ghost, 14:Statue, 15:Castle, 16:Baby, 17:Ogre, 18:Unicorn, 19:Fairy, 20:Vampire

2) Come up with a listing of thematically-appropriate verbs that could go between two nouns, and number those.
    Spoiler: example verbs
    Show
    1:Marries, 2:Divorces, 3:Murders, 4:Eats, 5:Creates, 6:Destroys, 7:Fathers, 8:Captures, 9:Befriends, 10:Becomes, 11:Bears, 12:Kidnaps, 13:Rescues, 14:Controls, 15:Transforms, 16:Disgraces, 17:Promotes, 18:Enslaves, 19:Frees, 20:Instructs

3) Roll [Noun] [Verb] [Noun]. This is your 'seed' of an idea.
    Spoiler: example
    Show
    [roll0]: Golem Rescues Princess

4) Build a situation such that the roll might work as a three-word summary of what someone involved wants to happen. Then figure out how the guild might help or hinder those plans, who involved might approach the guild, and so on.
    Show
    The princess Samantha was in-route to be delivered to a wedding to cement a treaty between two warring countries, when a red dragon swooped down on the caravan. Samantha's guards were quickly slain, but one her handmaidens escaped with an odd story: A giant stone cat got between the princess and the dragon's breath, snatched the princess up in it's teeth, and vanished with her. It is unclear what became of her, and the guild has been asked to retrieve her so that the wedding - and the peace - can commence.

5) Add some fluffy bits, and done.

The Simple templates are EVIL. Please don't use them.

Current cast:
    Player/Character Table
    Player Monster Race Classes Character Sheet Background
    Jack_Simth Ghost Nypmh Oracle / Druid Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros On Sheet
    Gunhaven Ghost Contemplative Incanter/Chronicler/Evangelist||Warpriest/Bard/Paladin Quill On Sheet
    Illven Succubus Unchained Rogue/ Diviner Heather Harrington On Sheet
    NOTE: These are provided as target optimizations to be in the ballpark with, not as records to beat. You'll notice, for instance, that Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros is a highly Charisma-focused build... that does NOT have a +6 Charisma Enhancement item. There's a reason for that. High optimization is not a problem; low optimization is not a problem. A problem happens when there is a high degree of difference in optimization levels within a party. The optimizer who can solo Great Wyrms in one round should not be in the same party as the Monk that can barely hit a tree. Neither is a "wrong" build - they just don't belong in the same party. The obviously perfect piece of equipment that's not present was a tuning choice to be in line with others' optimization levels (note: There has been a lot of attrition). Try to belong in our party.
    Additional Note: As of 2018-10-04, Quill and Heather are both pending level up.

Previous IC threads:
    Run by Jack_Simth
    Run by Illven

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2018-10-04 at 06:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309

Maybe add that heather's numbers are slightly lower, cause she's still level 12.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Iím running a Contemplative mess of classes, although I wouldnít object to doing the Dragon instead (with probable refluffing because it was built more for the evil campaign when it was running). The google doc is here while the Myth-Weavers sheet is here.
    He's also at 13 still.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Did some editing. New pending post:

Spoiler
    Show
    System: Pathfinder
    Player Count: 4 open positions, but see notes
    Style of Play: Highly variable.
    Allowed Content:
    • Non-variant 1st party Paizo available on d20 PF SRD is open game.
    • All other content (including Paizo content NOT on d20 PF SRD for any reason) must meet the following criteria:
      1. It must be accessible to all players
      2. It must be specifically requested
      3. It must be approved by an established participant (Jack_Simth, Illven, or Gunhaven)

Character Creation:
    • High Fantasy Point Buy (see Here: 20 points)
    • Starting Level 14 (exact). No XP progression; you gain one level for each completed adventure arc under a given DM. Wealth is reset to WBL at that time. Crafting permitted. Please don't abuse consumables.
    • PC Wealth by level for 14th
    • Gestalt (Monsters as PCs OK as class levels)
    • Fractional BAB/saves
    • Two traits
    • Backstory: Definitely have one. We are all assumed to have met, and be allied with each other for one reason or another.
    • Hitpoints/Health: Max first, average (round up) for the rest. So a d12 gets 7 HP (before Con), a d10 gets 6 hp (before con), and so on.
    • Alignment: Any, but MUST be a 'team player'. Those who sabotage their fellows, steal from their allies, or cannot accept a group decision are not the sort that survive very long in a dangerous environment.
    • One Free CR 2 (or less) template.

Other Notes:
    Rotating DM. Every accepted player is ALSO a DM. We all take turns on being the DM, and each of us runs a "guild mission' (a shortish story arc) - when your turn to DM is up, your PC is elsewhere doing ambiguous things in the background, not on screen. There will be no DMPC's. If a DM vanishes, that arc is dropped, and the next person's turn is up.

The next story arc is scheduled to be run by Gunhaven. Teaser:
    If you have trouble coming up with adventuring ideas, here's a modest method intended to help inspire based on a lecture I heard while in high school:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Come up with a listing of thematically-approrpiate nouns, and number them.
    Spoiler: example nouns
    Show
    1:Princess, 2:Queen, 3:Prince, 4:King, 5:Dragon, 6:Demon, 7:Devil, 8:Golem, 9:Wizard, 10:Priest, 11:Angel, 12:Archon, 13:Ghost, 14:Statue, 15:Castle, 16:Baby, 17:Ogre, 18:Unicorn, 19:Fairy, 20:Vampire

2) Come up with a listing of thematically-appropriate verbs that could go between two nouns, and number those.
    Spoiler: example verbs
    Show
    1:Marries, 2:Divorces, 3:Murders, 4:Eats, 5:Creates, 6:Destroys, 7:Fathers, 8:Captures, 9:Befriends, 10:Becomes, 11:Bears, 12:Kidnaps, 13:Rescues, 14:Controls, 15:Transforms, 16:Disgraces, 17:Promotes, 18:Enslaves, 19:Frees, 20:Instructs

3) Roll [Noun] [Verb] [Noun]. This is your 'seed' of an idea.
    Show
    [roll0]: Golem Rescues Princess

4) Build a situation such that the roll might work as a three-word summary of what someone involved wants to happen. Then figure out how the guild might help or hinder those plans, who involved might approach the guild, and so on.
    Show
    The princess Samantha was in-route to be delivered to a wedding to cement a treaty between two warring countries, when a red dragon swooped down on the caravan. Samantha's guards were quickly slain, but one her handmaidens escaped with an odd story: A giant stone cat got between the princess and the dragon's breath, snatched the princess up in it's teeth, and vanished with her. It is unclear what became of her, and the guild has been asked to retrieve her so that the wedding - and the peace - can commence.

5) Add some fluffy bits, and done.

The Simple templates are EVIL. Please don't use them.

Current cast:
    Player/Character Table
    Player Monster Race Classes Character Sheet Background
    Jack_Simth Ghost Nypmh Oracle / Druid Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros On Sheet
    Gunhaven Ghost Contemplative Incanter/Chronicler/Evangelist||Warpriest/Bard/Paladin Quill On Sheet
    Illven Succubus Unchained Rogue/ Diviner Heather Harrington On Sheet
    NOTE: These are provided as target optimizations to be in the ballpark with, not as records to beat. You'll notice, for instance, that Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros is a highly Charisma-focused build... that does NOT have a +6 Charisma Enhancement item. There's a reason for that. High optimization is not a problem; low optimization is not a problem. A problem happens when there is a high degree of difference in optimization levels within a party. The optimizer who can solo Great Wyrms in one round should not be in the same party as the Monk that can barely hit a tree. Neither is a "wrong" build - they just don't belong in the same party. The obviously perfect piece of equipment that's not present was a tuning choice to be in line with others' optimization levels (note: There has been a lot of attrition). Try to belong in our party.
    Additional Note: As of 2018-10-04, Quill and Heather are both pending level up.

Previous IC threads:
    Run by Jack_Simth
    Run by Illven

Any other suggestions?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

None from me!

13. - Top - End - #313

Nor from me.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

OK. In that case:
    It's up.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

* dusts off thread *

OK, so we've got a list of submissions:
    Any thoughts on who we should say "yes" to?

16. - Top - End - #316

Well the EVIL book sounds hilarious.

And Burning heart looks cool.

So those two have my votes.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

So I'm sure I made some error somewhere but I whipped up a spreadsheet to help me figure out numbers.

I'll vote for the Book and Ahmuuth myself. The Burning Heart has about as much as HP as both myself and Darshee combined. Ashi's AC is just shy of double any of ours. And those full attacks wreck DPS.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Well the EVIL book sounds hilarious.

And Burning heart looks cool.

So those two have my votes.

So I'm sure I made some error somewhere but I whipped up a spreadsheet to help me figure out numbers.

I'll vote for the Book and Ahmuuth myself. The Burning Heart has about as much as HP as both myself and Darshee combined. Ashi's AC is just shy of double any of ours. And those full attacks wreck DPS.
    So if I'm counting correctly, that's... +2 for book, +1 for Ahmuuth, +1 and -1 (net 0) for Burning Heart, -1 for Ashi.

The Tome of Alphonse Alecson: +2
    Ahmuuth, Avatar Form, Animal Companion: +1
    Izzidionz aka Izzy: 0
    Casmar Tabbler, The Page Knight: 0
    The Burning Heart: +1/-1
    Ashi: -1

And we're looking for four folks, so that'd be:
    The Tome of Alphonse Alecson: +2
    Ahmuuth, Avatar Form, Animal Companion: +1
    Izzidionz aka Izzy: 0
    Casmar Tabbler, The Page Knight: 0

Any further thoughts before I announce that list of four?

19. - Top - End - #319

I'm good with that.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds good to me!
    I'll further adjust enemies and such this week so that I can provide some sort of challenge.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Hey, Glad to be part of the Guild!

Edit: Hey Gunhaven, I'm curious, how does Ashi do 118 damage on her first attack? I'm coming to 39.5 myself
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2018-12-13 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

22. - Top - End - #322

Thanks for letting me join guys.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Hey, Glad to be part of the Guild!

Edit: Hey Gunhaven, I'm curious, how does Ashi do 118 damage on her first attack? I'm coming to 39.5 myself
    I averaged attack rolls and damage for a full attack. I also don't know if any of the current players actually did Full attacks or not (I personally tried the whole fill an area with rubble tactic when it came to attacking and it seemed Darshee cast more spells than anything).

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

I averaged attack rolls and damage for a full attack. I also don't know if any of the current players actually did Full attacks or not (I personally tried the whole fill an area with rubble tactic when it came to attacking and it seemed Darshee cast more spells than anything).
    The spells mostly worked. I removed the golems from play reasonably effectively.

However: Most of the "relying on spells" in that encounter was trying to not blow my cover too badly. I wasn't using my own form, after all, so things like corrupting touch simply weren't available.

25. - Top - End - #325

BarbarianGuy

Oh, um.....I do full attack. Not counting Brawler's Flurry I have 1 primary hand unarmed strike at 40.5 average and 7 off hand unarmed strikes at 34.5 average......and Pounce.......😅
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2018-12-14 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Oh, you guys accepted me, thanks!

I should ask, since Spheres of Power is seemingly allowed, is the "Bound Creature" Boon allowed? Specifically, the one that costs 4 Drawbacks, but gives you a free Dragon Companion which comes with a bunch of free talents but requires you to spend actions to establish focus in order for the thing to do anything. It's potentially incredibly powerful, IMHO. Especially when combined with the Advanced Alteration Talent, Fusion.

I wanted to ask before doing anything crazy.

EDIT: This is the ability, btw:

Quote Originally Posted by Skybourne Player Guide
    Bound Creature: Your magic is tied to a magical creature, who shares essence and power with you.
    You gain the Conjuration sphere (or the Extra Companion talent if you already possess the Conjuration sphere), and a companion who serves as the source of your power. Unlike a normal companion, this companion is not an extraplanar, and you may choose upon gaining the companion what creature type it possesses (although it does not gain the immunities or other qualities of its creature type). Your companionís first (form) talent should reflect its creature type. This bound creature cannot be summoned or dismissed, and costs no spell points to use.
    You do not suffer a chance of failure from the Focused Casting drawback so long as your bound creature is on the same plane as you and is within Long range (400 ft + 40 ft per caster level). If your bound creature dies, you suffer a chance of spell failure as outlined in the Focused Casting drawback until you gain another bound creature. You cannot bond with a new creature for 30 days or until you gain another level, whichever comes first. The new bound creature must be the same creature type as your previous bound creature.
    A caster must possess the focus drawback to select this boon. You may gain a dragon companion as outlined in the Halfling Dragonrider racial archetype (page 23), but this boon instead costs 4 drawbacks.
    Spoiler: Halfling Dragonrider Dragon Companion
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Skybourne Player Guide
    Dragon Companion: A halfling dragonrider gains a dragon companion, which serves as a faithful companion throughout their lives. If either dragon or halfling dies, the other may bond a new creature, but only after a period of mourning extending at least a week. If the dragon chooses not to bond another creature, it retains its size and regains the magic and other abilities it would gain for its size after one year, rather than reverting to the power level usual for its age.

A dragon companion is a companion from the Conjuration sphere from Spheres of Power, but it is not considered an extraplanar, nor requires summoning (as the bound companion boon discussed in Chapter 2: Player Options, but with a few significant changes discussed below). The halfling dragonrider uses their cavalier level as their Ďcaster levelí when determining the power of their dragon companion, but this does not cause the halfling dragonrider to count as a caster in any other way, nor is the dragon companion affected by the halfling dragonriderís caster level, Conjuration talents (including [form] talents), nor magic items or effects that affect the Conjuration Sphere.

A dragon companion, regardless of its dragon type, is a Medium sized quadraped companion, and possesses the dragon type, gaining its associated changes: The dragon companion uses d12ís instead of d10ís as its hit dice, gains Darkvision 60 ft and low-light vision, gains all three saving throws as good saves, and Skill points equal to 6 + its Int modifier (reduced to 4 due to low Intelligence) per Hit Die, with the following class skills: Appraise, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Fly, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (all), Linguistics, Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Stealth, Survival, Swim, and Use Magic Device.

In addition, the dragon companion begins with the Avian Creature talent (gaining wings), as well as the Armored Companion, Fortified Companion, Quick Companion, Powerful Companion Conjuration, and the Draconic Creature talents. The form of breath weapon gained depends on the type of the dragon in question.The dragon companion also gains immunity to the element it breaths with its breath weapon, a pair of claw attacks in addition to its bite attack, and a bonus to Intelligence and Charisma equal to 1/2 its Hit Dice. The dragon companion and halfling dragon rider also gain the effects of the Link talent with each other. A dragon companion also gains the Altered Size talent at 8th and 15th levels, growing to Large and Huge size respectively. Its breath weapon also doubles its range at 8th and 15th levels as well.

Focus: However, despite the powerful bond between them, seamlessly blending the actions of a dragon and its rider is difficult. No matter how much a dragon companion wants to obey its rider, a dragonís nature leads it to often initiate its own plan, only to realize its plan is different than its rider, causing it to stop its actions halfway through so it doesnít take a radical action that would surprise its ally. This can result in the dragon doing very little but fly around, even in a pitched battle. To avoid this, a halfling dragon rider and dragon companion must establish a mental focus.

A dracon companion always goes on the same initiative as its rider. Without the dracomancer establishing focus, a draconic companion will only take a single move action (moving as the dracomancer wishes) each round and such free actions (speaking, making attacks of opportunity, etc.) that seem prudent. If a halfling dragon rider is unconscious or incapacitated, his dragon companion moves to be adjacent to its rider as quickly as possible, then attacks any foe that threatens either dragon or rider. A dragon companion acts to defend itself if separated from its rider, and can be convinced to stay behind to guard a camp or other location, but does not willingly go on missions or run errands separate from its rider.

Establishing focus is a standard action for the halfling dragon rider, after which its dragon companion may take a full-roundís worth of action, as normal. This improves to only requiring a move action at 2nd level, a swift action at 8th level, and a free action at 15th level. As the focus establishes a mental bond between the dracomancer and her draconic companion, no vocal communication is required between the two while the focus is in effect. A dragon and its rider must be within Close range (25 ft + 5 ft per 2 levels) to establish focus.

The dragon companion replaces mount and the cavalierís order. For more information on dragon riders and dragon magic, see Dracomancer and Dragon Rider by Rogue Genius Games

So yeah, you can likely see why this might be a bit on the overpowered side when I can get this for only 4 drawbacks. Wanted to get permission/feedback before using it. You can find the Players Guide to Skybourne here.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2018-12-14 at 11:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327

Imp

For what it's worth, I decided against cheesing with Fused Bound Draconic Companions, since my combat stats are already pretty high. I also finished up the few parts of the character I had been neglecting, like putting in the remaining blade skills I had been missing. I should note that I assumed High Psionics were in play (i.e. that the Soulknife gets the Gifted Blade archetype added to their class for free), so if it's not, please let me know.

This character might be a "boring" Advanced human gestalt of Aegis and Soulknife, but it's very strong offensively and defensively with all the access it has to different third party systems (Path of War, Akashic Mysteries, Psionics, Spheres), and can be quite versatile with their chosen archetypes (Host of Heroes for Aegis & Living Legend for Soulknife), which let them emulate some aspects of the Medium class. I do somewhat fear that Casmar's AC might be a bit too high, but since he has the ability to give enemies penalties to attack against everyone else while also giving them bonuses to attack him, I think it sort of helps equalize things a bit.

I also initially thought that his saves were too high, but looking at everyone else's, I think it's okay. I will note that he does have access to Stalwart (i.e. Mettle) and Evasion though, so that's a pretty decent boon as far as saves are concerned. His skills are also top notch, so he should be pretty useful to most any party. His attack bonus might also be a bit on the high side, but I suppose that's to be expected from a Gestalt of 2 Full BAB classes with stacking bonuses. For what it's worth, I don't think his damage will be overbearing though.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2018-12-21 at 11:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    For what it's worth, I decided against cheesing with Fused Bound Draconic Companions, since my combat stats are already pretty high. I also finished up the few parts of the character I had been neglecting, like putting in the remaining blade skills I had been missing. I should note that I assumed High Psionics were in play (i.e. that the Soulknife gets the Gifted Blade archetype added to their class for free), so if it's not, please let me know.

This character might be a "boring" Advanced human gestalt of Aegis and Soulknife, but it's very strong offensively and defensively with all the access it has to different third party systems (Path of War, Akashic Mysteries, Psionics, Spheres), and can be quite versatile with their chosen archetypes (Host of Heroes for Aegis & Living Legend for Soulknife), which let them emulate some aspects of the Medium class. I do somewhat fear that Casmar's AC might be a bit too high, but since he has the ability to give enemies penalties to attack against everyone else while also giving them bonuses to attack him, I think it sort of helps equalize things a bit.

I also initially thought that his saves were too high, but looking at everyone else's, I think it's okay. I will note that he does have access to Stalwart (i.e. Mettle) and Evasion though, so that's a pretty decent boon as far as saves are concerned. His skills are also top notch, so he should be pretty useful to most any party. His attack bonus might also be a bit on the high side, but I suppose that's to be expected from a Gestalt of 2 Full BAB classes with stacking bonuses. For what it's worth, I don't think his damage will be overbearing though.
    Everything looks fine to me, but I'm much newer to pathfinder.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm fine with that, although I know I personally don't mess with psionics much.

I think I'm going to wait until after Christmas to do the IC (or at least double check that people look close enough to being done).

30. - Top - End - #330

Imp

Ah, I should note that my character took advantage of the mental ability scores gained from being Venerable age. To counter the physical attribute penalties, he's using a Nacerous Gray Sphere Ioun Stone. If age-abuse is not allowed, please let me know, and I'll change it.