Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

I took out my Cyclops helm and replaced it with a further upgraded Cloak of Resistance (+3 --> +4). I realized that I had no real need for the cyclops Helm, which I only wanted in order to assure that I could make the necessary checks for Implanting Ioun Stones into the body. But as long as this is done during off time, I 100% have the ability to guarantee making that check even without the Cyclops Helm.

In order to implant an ioun stone, you need to be able to make a DC 20 CHA ability check, as well as a DC 25 Heal check (goes up to DC 30 if implanting self) and and 25 Knowledge Arcana check. As a Host of heroes Aegis, I can switch out some of my customization points for the "Skilled" customization, as well as any customization that applies an enhancement bonus on a stat of interest. So, concerning the CHA check, I can increase my CHA mod from +5 to +8.

You can get up to a +5 circumstance bonus on the implantation check if you starve yourself for a couple of days. I also get a +1 morale bonus, competence bonus, and luck bonus to all ability checks (and saves and skill checks) from my Luck stones and my Pale green Prism Ioun stones (one is flawed). Thanks to Fate's Favored and Heroic Echo, all three of those bonus types are increased by 1 when I have them. Altogether, that's a grand total of +19 on a Charisma check I'm prepared for, meaning I make the check on a natural 1.

Course, now my saves are ungodly uber, but as a tank and main martial, I think it's fine.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Happy New Year guys! Looking forward to playing 😊
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Hope everyone had a good holiday! I'll wait roughly two days for people to finalize builds and such and get that opening post up around that time.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Hope everyone had a good holiday! I'll wait roughly two days for people to finalize builds and such and get that opening post up around that time.
    I'm looking forward to it.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

And IC is up! I'll answer any questions in roughly 9 hours when I get up.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

6. - Top - End - #336
    Colossus in the Playground

Heather's knowledge history (1d20+30)[38]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #337

Imp

Oh wow, it's been so long, I had almost forgot about this. But I'm still here.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

FYI: I'm traveling this week. Internet will be sporadic at best.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

9. - Top - End - #339

BarbarianGuy

@Illven that was an awesome post 😂
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

10. - Top - End - #340

BarbarianGuy

Ok, so assuming that The Tome is immune to poison as well, seeing as he is literally a book, that means only Casmar and Izzy are at risk of radiation poisoning. Izzy auto saves against all but the DC 30 Severe levels of radiation, and Casmar auto saves even against Severe. I think we'll be safe...... 😌

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Ok, so assuming that The Tome is immune to poison as well, seeing as he is literally a book, that means only Casmar and Izzy are at risk of radiation poisoning. Izzy auto saves against all but the DC 30 Severe levels of radiation, and Casmar auto saves even against Severe. I think we'll be safe...... 😌
    Curiously, the book is an aberration, not a construct....

12. - Top - End - #342

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Curiously, the book is an aberration, not a construct....
    So wait.....you're saying that the Tome, whose body literally consists of nothing but paper and magical energy, can be poisoned......

😂😂😂 that is so ridiculous and awesome.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

So wait.....you're saying that the Tome, whose body literally consists of nothing but paper and magical energy, can be poisoned......

😂😂😂 that is so ridiculous and awesome.
    No. He's not the book. He's the writing on the book, as I understand it.

14. - Top - End - #344

BarbarianGuy

No. He's not the book. He's the writing on the book, as I understand it.
    So just magical energy then 😛 sincr he isn't physically inscribed anywhere and can move about almost freely

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

So just magical energy then 😛 sincr he isn't physically inscribed anywhere and can move about almost freely
    More fun stuff: aberrations eat, drink, sleep, and breathe. How does that work for some mobile ink on a page?

16. - Top - End - #346

More fun stuff: aberrations eat, drink, sleep, and breathe. How does that work for some mobile ink on a page?
    ..... Ink of digestive enzymes?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

It's hard work being Eldritch writing. Half of your waking moments are spent messing with minds and the other half is spent dancing within your binding.

18. - Top - End - #348

BarbarianGuy

Hey Guys, I was going over my sheet because I couldn't remember my point spread for Izzy, and I believe I built it totally wrong. When I made Izzidionz, I thought his CR was determined by his number of Evo points, which then determined his Hit Dice. I just read that his CR actually determines his Hit Dice, which determines his Evo Points. Izzy actually has significantly more points, STR, DEX, and bonus stats than I thought.

Obviously I'm not looking to fix this mid adventure, but wanted to get everyone's opinion on what I should do about it for the next one (if allowed back).

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd get a bunch of things that seem neat. Also I may just be sleep deprived (spoiler: I am) but it seems like Evo points determine HD which then determine CR. Or I guess reverse engineering CR 14 means 19 HD means 26 EP (5 of which are spent by your base form). +1 each number next level.

20. - Top - End - #350

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    I'd get a bunch of things that seem neat. Also I may just be sleep deprived (spoiler: I am) but it seems like Evo points determine HD which then determine CR. Or I guess reverse engineering CR 14 means 19 HD means 26 EP (5 of which are spent by your base form). +1 each number next level.
    From what I am seeing, CR 1 Unfettered Eidolon gets 1 base form worth 5 EP and 8 additional EP, with every additional EP after that increasing its HD by 1.

That makes sense since the Eidolon class feature gets 1 base form worth 5 evo for free in addition to spendable EP dependant on its level.

So, if I'm correct now, a CR14 Quadroped Unfettered Eidolon has +14 armor, 20 STR 20 DEX 13 CON 7 INT 10 WIS 11 CHA, 4 stat points to distribute, and 26 EP to spend at base

Also, get some sleep Gunhaven 😜 not that I'm one to talk

21. - Top - End - #351

BarbarianGuy

So we're about 600 ft away right? Just want to be sure about how many rounds of charging its gonna take to get there since my Aspects only last a minute before I have to spend again

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Yarp, the clearing is 600ft from the ship. Just to help me with timing if everyone could roll initiative with their next post.

Spoiler: Rolls, will add modifiers later
    Show
    (2d20)[11][20](31)

23. - Top - End - #353

Init (1d20+15)[30]

24. - Top - End - #354

BarbarianGuy

Wow, how did you get such a high Initiative bonus?

25. - Top - End - #355

BarbarianGuy

@Kaouse We are currently 600 ft away from the enemies as far as I'm aware

EDIT: I have to say that I am amused that Izzy can run as far as Casmar can warp in the same span of time (sort of)
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2019-02-12 at 03:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356

Imp

Oh, it's 600 ft away? Guess I'm gonna have to hold off on jumping in, then. I can only teleport medium range with Ghost Step. That said, as long as I can see the enemy, I can still use Challenge/Defender's Oath. So I can still draw their fire without much issue.

As it's in the beginning of the day when I do a seance, assume that I'll always use my free combat feat from Secret Techniques to grab Extra Combat Talent for the Barrage Sphere. Protragonist Portrayal (Guardian) + 3pt Champion Monomyth (Combat Reflexes) also gives me another floating combat feat at the beginning of the day, which I will generally always spend on Extra Combat Talent for Alchemy Sphere to get a Salve Formula which heals [2d8+9+10] per use, usable on any particular person [2+9] times/day. I can only have 3 at any given time, though I can make some more.

Spoiler: Protagonist Portrayal
    Show
    Protagonist’s Portrayal (Su): When inviting roles to fill his mind, the living legend is at least in part playing a character, and with that character comes the knowledge needed to accurately portray it. Starting at 1st level, a living legend gains the benefit of one of the following feats, depending on his active role. He need not meet the prerequisites for these feats.
    • Archmage: Precise Shot.
    • Champion: Power Attack.
    • Guardian: Combat Reflexes (using the higher of the living legend's Dexterity and Intelligence to determine the number of additional attacks of opportunity he can make).
    • Hierophant: Enforcer.
    • Marshal: Lookout.
    • Overmind: Psionic Weapon.
    • Trickster: Dirty Fighting.
    This class feature counts as each of these feats for the purposes of prerequisites and requirements, although he only gains the benefit of feats and classes he used this ability to qualify for while he has is playing the role in question. If the living legend already has one of these feats, he may choose another feat to gain the benefit of while the appropriate role is his active role. This feat must be the same type as the feat it replaces (for example, if the living legend is replacing Power Attack, he must choose a combat feat), and the living legend must meet its other prerequisites as normal. This choice is made for each of his roles when he completes his seance, and cannot be changed until he completes another seance.
    This ability replaces the bonus feat gained at 1st level.

For this specific battle, I'll use my 9pt Champion Monomyth floating feat (this one I can change at will as a standard action by spending 3 pp) to get Extra Combat Talent for the Athlethics Sphere, grabbing the "Run" package. This way, I can make a Run action that won't lose my DEX to AC. EDIT: Just did the Math; If I use Hustle + the Run action, I can cover 180 feet in one round. Doing that twice brings me within 240 ft of our enemy, which is exactly the range I can use Ghost Step at. So I should be able to attack the enemy by my third turn. 4th if I spend my first turn using Challenge.

...there's a slight possibility that my character might be the slightest bit overtuned, heh.

EDIT2: I just realized that that's somewhat useless when I can just string three Ghost Steps together. It'll leave me with zero psionic focus if I just decided to do it over the course of one round, but there's no reason I couldn't get some distance over the course of 2-3 rounds, while also using Challenge in between.

EDIT3: Okay, here's the plan:
    Round 1: Move Action Ghost Step + Swift Action Defender's Oath + Standard Action Total Defense.
    Round 2: Swift Action Ghost Step + Move Action Challenge + Standard Action Total Defense
    Round 3: Swift Action Ghost Step + Full Round Action: Full Attack.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-12 at 03:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll get a post up around this time tomorrow unless everyone's done a round of actions in roughly 8/12 hours. We'll count this round as more of a surprise round before that sweet sweet nat 20 comes around.

It'll be fun.

28. - Top - End - #358

BarbarianGuy

I am now curious if they noticed us already because they saw an elf fly ahead to scout, or because they see a giant blue caterpillar charging towards the structure. (Totally was the elf <.< >.> 😂)

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

I am now curious if they noticed us already because they saw an elf fly ahead to scout, or because they see a giant blue caterpillar charging towards the structure. (Totally was the elf <.< >.> 😂)
    It's the getting targeted with an effect, really.

30. - Top - End - #360

Imp

Are you talking about my Challenges?