Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

O snap! I forgot about the human that's warping closer and giving them a death stare! My bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    I'll get a post up around this time tomorrow unless everyone's done a round of actions in roughly 8/12 hours. We'll count this round as more of a surprise round before that sweet sweet nat 20 comes around.

It'll be fun.
    Ah, so we need to post specific actions, now, as we're in rounds. OK then... I'm guessing we figure out that the death gaze affected them, so they know we're here?

... and these are constructs, so no souls for me to worry about... hmm...

... don't have much for them, though. No matter...
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-02-13 at 10:36 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Post up, I did distance from the "Meteor" to the various players. If y'all want I can try and hash together a Google...Sheet? Powerpoint? I've seen either...for a map of sorts. Otherwise I'll wait until it's outside of a clearing and you guys are getting irradiated exploring the not-meteor.

In case greenpotato doesn't roll it and we need it: Init (1d20+13)[26]
    Once everyone posts/the weekend passes I'll throw up the Retriever(+"Scorpion").
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

4. - Top - End - #364

BarbarianGuy

Second one definitely hits, not sure about the first. Am I flat footed because its the start of the initiative order? If so then shouldn't Casmar be flat footed as well? Or is he not considered flat footed because he took the TDA before initiative officially started? And if that's the case, does the surprise round we got count towards whether we're flat footed or not?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm fine with whatever the answer is, I just want to learn so I can be a better player in the future ☺
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

I wasn't sure if running leaves you flat footed or not. Then if it does normally leave you flat footed if Izzy has some way to avoid that fate.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

6. - Top - End - #366

BarbarianGuy

I didn't see any penalties for running on the d30, so I don't believe I'm currently flat footed. Which means I take 30 smh from the second attack only

7. - Top - End - #367
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    I didn't see any penalties for running on the d30, so I don't believe I'm currently flat footed. Which means I take 30 smh from the second attack only
    I think this is the relevant section:

Quote Originally Posted by Combat
    Run
    You can run as a full-round action. If you do, you do not also get a 5-foot step. When you run, you can move up to four times your speed in a straight line (or three times your speed if you’re in heavy armor). You lose any Dexterity bonus to AC unless you have the Run feat.

You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score, but after that you must make a DC 10 Constitution check to continue running. You must check again each round in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 1 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running. A character who has run to his limit must rest for 1 minute (10 rounds) before running again. During a rest period, a character can move no faster than a normal move action.

You can’t run across difficult terrain or if you can’t see where you’re going.

A run represents a speed of about 13 miles per hour for an unencumbered human.
    Here's the link.

EDIT: I'm not taking the Run action (though if I was, I'd be using the equivalent of the Run feat, that lets you run without taking penalty). I'm just repeatedly using Ghost Step (medium range teleportation). Just to reiterate, if you're not taking the Run action, you shouldn't be flat-footed.

To be accurate, I've only traveled a distance of 240 ft before attempting to use Defender's Oath. So I suppose I should be 360 ft away, not 330 ft away.

EDIT 2: Before I forget, @ChaoticHarmony if you'd like to reduce the damage you take by 9 (my INT mod) then simply say you're going to expend points from my momentum pool. We should be within 30 feet of each other, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Spoiler: Relevant Ability
    Show
    Resilient Momentum (momentum)
    Whenever an ally takes hit point damage, they may spend a point of momentum to reduce the damage of the attack by your casting ability modifier (minimum: 1). This is not a form of damage resistance.

It's up to the GM whether or not you can expend a point for each of the two attacks or only once since they seemingly have some form of Clustered Shots.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-14 at 02:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    I think this is the relevant section:

Here's the link.

EDIT: I'm not taking the Run action (though if I was, I'd be using the equivalent of the Run feat, that lets you run without taking penalty). I'm just repeatedly using Ghost Step (medium range teleportation). Just to reiterate, if you're not taking the Run action, you shouldn't be flat-footed.

To be accurate, I've only traveled a distance of 240 ft before attempting to use Defender's Oath. So I suppose I should be 360 ft away, not 330 ft away.

EDIT 2: Before I forget, @ChaoticHarmony if you'd like to reduce the damage you take by 9 (my INT mod) then simply say you're going to expend points from my momentum pool. We should be within 30 feet of each other, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Show
    Resilient Momentum (momentum)
    Whenever an ally takes hit point damage, they may spend a point of momentum to reduce the damage of the attack by your casting ability modifier (minimum: 1). This is not a form of damage resistance.

It's up to the GM whether or not you can expend a point for each of the two attacks or only once since they seemingly have some form of Clustered Shots.
    Dang it! Every time I searched running, that never was shown 😤 thank you for finding it 😊 I should be all set with the damage(I can spare the 60) unless you readily regain your momentum points, in which case I'll gladly accept.

I don't have the Run feat(why would I if I didn't know the penalties) so I don't have the Dex mod, but would it be possible for an Acrobatics check to see if I can dodge the first attack? Again, cool with whatever answer

9. - Top - End - #369

Imp

Spending a single spell point gives me a momentum pool of up to 16. I have 37 spell points and literally not a single other ability to spend them on. I have momentum for days.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-14 at 04:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Post up, I did distance from the "Meteor" to the various players. If y'all want I can try and hash together a Google...Sheet? Powerpoint? I've seen either...for a map of sorts. Otherwise I'll wait until it's outside of a clearing and you guys are getting irradiated exploring the not-meteor.

In case greenpotato doesn't roll it and we need it: Init [roll0]
    Once everyone posts/the weekend passes I'll throw up the Retriever(+"Scorpion").
    ... so I'm confused.

1) Did I successfully go before the other critters in the pseudo-surprise round?
    2) If so, what were the results of the telekenetic grapple attempt?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

11. - Top - End - #371

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    ... so I'm confused.

1) Did I successfully go before the other critters in the pseudo-surprise round?
    2) If so, what were the results of the telekenetic grapple attempt?
    Wasn't yours the spell that is successfully holding the spider in place?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Wasn't yours the spell that is successfully holding the spider in place?
    I didn't cast a spell. Ghostly TK is Supernatural, which I called out.
    However, if that is what Gunhaven meant when he said "For a moment the spell looks like it'll hold..." then I'm still unclear: The retriever hasn't gotten a turn yet. Mechanically speaking, I need a clear idea of whether or not the beast is grappled, as if it is grappled, the follow-up maintain also carries my choice of several other effects (Pin, unarmed strike damage [using my Charisma mod instead of strength], or Move), and if it's not, it doesn't.

13. - Top - End - #373

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    I didn't cast a spell. Ghostly TK is Supernatural, which I called out.
    However, if that is what Gunhaven meant when he said "For a moment the spell looks like it'll hold..." then I'm still unclear: The retriever hasn't gotten a turn yet. Mechanically speaking, I need a clear idea of whether or not the beast is grappled, as if it is grappled, the follow-up maintain also carries my choice of several other effects (Pin, unarmed strike damage [using my Charisma mod instead of strength], or Move), and if it's not, it doesn't.
    You said you were attacking the small one, but I think both are the same size (Huge). Looks like he took this to mean that you were targeting the Scorpion instead of the Retriever. "For a moment the spell looks like it'll hold..." can pretty much only refer to your casting of Telekinesis, since nobody else has used something similar to a spell on them yet. I think this means that their CMD surpasses your check (they are Huge sized, afterall), or perhaps other defenses are in play. Either way, I don't think it's grappled right now.

At any rate, I think we essentially got a surprise round off, since they didn't start reacting until after we had already begun to move. The Scorpion rolled higher initiative than us, while the Retriever rolled lower initiative. The Scorpion just took it's turn, so now it's our turn again, then the Retriever's turn.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

It didn't hold. Possibly because I've added some things to the base Retriever to help counteract the number game.
    You did get to go before them in the pseudo-surprise round and it hasn't gone yet in the first round. There's just a gargantuan creature in front of it.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

OK. One other question:
    Just to be sure: Those distances are relative, correct?

E.g.,

Meteor
    --30ft--
    Retriever (30 ft from meteor)
    --30ft--
    Scorpion (30 ft from Retreiver = 60 ft from meteor)
    --330ft--
    Casmar, Izzy (330 ft from Scorpion = 390 ft from meteor)
    --210ft--
    Darshee (210 ft from Casmar/Izzy = 500 ft from meteor)
    --30ft--
    Heather, Tome (30 ft from Darshee = 530 ft from meteor)

I figured that based on the order and the note about starting distances, and that they're not in order. Am I missing anything - such as, say, that I need to include folk's space taken in that (Retreiver and Scorpion are Huge, so take up a 15-foot square each, meaning the Scorpion is 75 feet from the meteor, Casmar and Izzy are 420 feet from the meteor, and so on, adding folks square size to the delta at each step?

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, you've got it right.

I didn't include the space of the creatures with each tier. The Scorpion is also Gargantuan, the Retriever is Huge.

17. - Top - End - #377

Imp

I have the Empower Rally (+4 morale bonus [+5 for me, thanks to Heroic Echo] to many things for 1 round), alongside the Community Minded trait (+2 rounds to duration of morale bonuses). I think it might be a bit overpowered, and it also costs another immediate action when I already have multiple choices for my immediate action. So I was thinking of replacing it with another momentum talent, like Damaging momentum (since my damage isn't particularly high for this level) or Tactical Momentum (to boost my already high CMB check even further into the stratosphere). Then I could replace the trait with something like Second Chance for a once per day reroll of a failed save or that Psionic trait that allows Soulknives to add a weapon special ability to their list (I'm thinking Grayflame at the moment, can't do Bane cause it'll be restricted to a specific creature chosen when I get the trait). What do you guys think? I will note that I can currently still target other people with Empower if they're within 30 feet, but like I said, I think it's a tad bit OP.

Show
    Empower (rally)
    You may spend a spell point to rally a target, giving them a +4 morale bonus to attack rolls, AC, saving throws, concentration checks, spell penetration checks, CMB and CMD. The bonus from this rally lasts 1 round.The decision to use this rally in response to an attack must be made prior to the attack roll, and the decision to use this rally in response to a saving throw must be made before the save is rolled.

On an unrelated note, I should clarify that my two Legendary Roles for the Soulknife are (and pretty much always will be) the Archmage and the Guardian. In order to gain the powers of their Narratives, I have to accept one of their Taboos. I will pretty much always chose these ones:

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Taboo
    You must not pass up the opportunity to learn something new and significant (a nontrivial piece of information with a Knowledge check of DC 20 or higher) when that opportunity is directly present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Taboo
    You will never let your comrades die, and break this taboo every time an ally you can see drops below zero hit points.
    Breaking a taboo once imposes a non-stacking –2 penalty on attack rolls, damage rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and saving throws for 1 hour. The duration extends by 1 hour if I continue to break it. And if I break it three times, I immediately lose access to that Legendary role for 1 week.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-15 at 01:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder if they strike as magic?

19. - Top - End - #379

Imp

Ah, after reading Jack's post I went back and checked out Ghost Step. Turns out that it ends my turn, same as Dimension Door (and counts as such for feats, meaning easy early access to Dimensional Agility if I so chose). Luckily, nothing I've done so far really cares about range or order, so there's no reason why I wouldn't Ghost Step last. That said, my future plans of teleporting above them and then attacking them once I get in range are definitely going up in smoke right now. Course, there's no real reason why I couldn't switch to long range attacks of my own for now, and then close the distance at the end of the round...but that's for next turn, I suppose.

Show
    Ghost Step
    The soulknife has learned a potent trick that some call the ‘ghost step’; a teleportation-based principle that allows the soulknife to slip between nearby places at great speed. As a move action, the soulknife can expend her psionic focus to teleports to any location she can see within close range (25 feet + 5 feet per 2 soulknife levels). She can carry no more than 50 lbs. of additional gear, and cannot bring creatures other than her psicrystal (if she has one) with her. The use of this ability ends the soulknife’s turn. At 10th level, the this ability can be used to teleport up to medium range (100 feet + 10 feet per soulknife level), and she may teleport as a swift action instead of a move action. This is a teleportation effect. This blade skill meets the prerequisites for and functions with Dimensional Agility and feats that require it as a prerequisite. The soulknife must be at least 4th level in order to select this blade skill.

Also, if nobody thinks Empower is too OP, I'll keep it. Course, I can't say how often I'd get the chance to use it, though. At the moment I think Izzy is the only other person in range. If I don't need my immediate action to negate these next attacks, then I'll see what I can do about casting it on her next round. I probably just won't ever target myself with the ability unless I'm in mortal peril or something, I guess.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-17 at 10:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380

BarbarianGuy

Reflex Save(1d20)[14] +20

EDIT: Total 34 + Evasion, so no damage baby 😎
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2019-02-18 at 10:48 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381

Imp

Concerning the attack roll cone, here's the relevant abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Sphere Challenge
    As a move action, you may issue a challenge to a creature you can see. You may expend martial focus to reduce this to a swift action. A creature must be able to perceive your challenge to be affected by it. The creature takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls that do not include you as a target and a +2 bonus on attack rolls targeting only you. Creatures receiving this effect are aware of it, though do not gain insight to its duration. This penalty (but not bonus) increases by 1 for every 4 points of base attack bonus you possess. The challenge lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + 1/2 your base attack bonus.
    This cone attack does include me as a target, but does not target "only" me, therefore, it takes neither the -5 penalty against Izzy, nor does it receive the +2 bonus against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Defender's Oath
    As a swift action, the living legend can lay a powerful psionic mark on an opponent he can see. As long as he is psionically focused, that creature takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls for attacks that do not target the living legend, as well as an equal penalty to their saving throw DCs for any attacks and abilities that do not target him or otherwise include him in their effect (such as area spells). These penalties increase by –1 at 10th level and every five levels thereafter.
    This is a bit harder to parse. It's a cone attack, so while I am included as a target, would this count as an attack that "targets" me? If so, then the -3 penalty due to this ability would be negated for this attack.

At any rate, I noticed that you didn't specify whether or not this attack is a touch attack or not. If it's not a touch attack, I think it misses both of us (me, only because I'm using Total Defense). In fact, I think it misses us both regardless of penalties if this attack isn't a touch attack.

If it is a touch attack and you haven't mentioned it, it would definitely hit me, regardless of the +2.

22. - Top - End - #382

BarbarianGuy

Concerning the attack roll cone, here's the relevant abilities.

This cone attack does include me as a target, but does not target "only" me, therefore, it takes neither the -5 penalty against Izzy, nor does it receive the +2 bonus against me.

This is a bit harder to parse. It's a cone attack, so while I am included as a target, would this count as an attack that "targets" me? If so, then the -3 penalty due to this ability would be negated for this attack.

At any rate, I noticed that you didn't specify whether or not this attack is a touch attack or not. If it's not a touch attack, I think it misses both of us (me, only because I'm using Total Defense). In fact, I think it misses us both regardless of penalties if this attack isn't a touch attack.

If it is a touch attack and you haven't mentioned it, it would definitely hit me, regardless of the +2.
    I barely scrape by since I'm running, but would definitely be hit if its touch

Edit: Also, @Gunhaven how high off the ground is the Scorpion? Just curious
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2019-02-18 at 11:33 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383

BarbarianGuy

@Kaouse I targeted the Retriever since the Scorpion moved back

24. - Top - End - #384

Imp

Didn't the scorpion only move back by like 10 feet? I'm still gonna attack the Scorpion though, since I used Defender's Oath on it, giving me extra damage against it.

25. - Top - End - #385

BarbarianGuy

Didn't the scorpion only move back by like 10 feet? I'm still gonna attack the Scorpion though, since I used Defender's Oath on it, giving me extra damage against it.
    Oh yea that's fine, I just wanted to let you know not to worry about overkill, since Izzy attacked the Retriever ☺

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

It was against touch. If you look at the shells they look like more advanced bullets compared to firearms you have seen before, although that'll likely have to wait for post combat.

The Scorpion is 20ft behind the Retriever and 35ft up on top of the Object (if I could draw then I would but basically you have a 200ft long, 110ft wide at the widest point, 60ft high at the tallest point cone. The Object itself could be mistaken for a miniature Star Destroyer from Star Wars if that helps you visualize it.)

This entire quest is one huge "sci-fi in my fantasy setting!?!" trope if it wasn't clear. There's no reason why y'all would know what any of it is though which is why I haven't outright said anything beyond vague descriptions.

I'm going to edit it into my post but as you all draw closer you can definitely feel the radiation picking up. It's still in the autopass territory though.

Edit: And update this post to inform y'all that the Retriever is almost bloodied and the Scorpion looks uninjured. I'm assuming they target normal AC.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-02-18 at 03:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387

Imp

Yes, my Barrage attacks target Normal AC. Still, that's surprising. Did none of my attacks hit? With my 44 knowledge check, what can I piece together about it's defenses that would allow it to be unharmed from my attacks? Does it just have a massive AC advantage over the Retriever? Maybe a ton of temp hp? Well, only thing I can do is to hit it harder.

As for it's attack against me, I have DR 7/- and Energy Resistance 7 vs Fire, Acid, Cold, Electricity and Sonic while emulating the Guardian Role. Spending a point of my momenum pool to reduce the damage by a further 9 (I assume that Izzy will do so as well, in which case my momentum pool should be at 13/16 right now). That reduces the damage by 16, from 41 to 25. That damage then gets absorbed by my 28 temp hp, reducing it to 3.

The temp hp from my Guardian Narrative is refreshed every time I regain psionic focus. Assuming that this includes the psionic focus stored in my psicrystal, then I regain this 28 hp pretty much every time my psicrystal regains focus. However, if you as the GM want to rule that my character specifically has to spend the actions to regain psionic focus in order for me to regain temp hp, then I can accept that interpretation, and won't regain psionic focus.

Spoiler: Relevant Abilities
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Narrative
    Narrative: You become more durable, allowing you to defend your charges more successfully. While you are psionically focused, you gain temporary hit points equal to twice your living legend level. These temporary hit points stack with other temporary hit points as normal, and reset to twice your living legend level each time you gain psionic focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psicrystal Containment
    Prerequisites: Psicrystal Affinity, manifester level 3rd.
    Benefit: You can psionically focus your psicrystal in the same manner in which you gain psionic focus. At any time when you need to expend your psionic focus, you can expend your psicrystal’s psionic focus instead, as long as the crystal is within 5 feet of you. At any time when you need to maintain psionic focus for an effect, you can use your psicrystal’s psionic focus instead, as long as the crystal is within 5 feet of you. Psionically focusing your psicrystal works just like focusing yourself. The psicrystal cannot focus itself—only the owner can spend the time to focus the crystal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psicrystal Reservoir
    The splinter of your personality embedded into your Psicrystal holds part of your psionic potential within itself, allowing it to act as a receptacle for a little of your psionic power.
    Prerequisites: Psicrystal Affinity, Psicrystal Containment.
    Benefit: Your psicrystal gains the ability to refocus itself even without a power point pool, as long as you retain power points. This allows it to refocus itself for the purpose of your Containment feat instead of having you focus it. This also means that the psicrystal can utilize feats which require it to hold or expend psionic focus.

Actually, I just remembered. Because I'm wearing the Archmage Astral Suit, I have one constant mirror image up. It too regenerates in a similar fashion to the Guardian Narrative's temp hp, so whatever you rule for that I will also accept for this as well. Either way, before it even touches me, I think it has to roll a 1d2 to see if it hits me or hits the image. On a 1, it hits me, on a 2, it hits the image, destroying it.

(1d2)[2]
    EDIT: Goddamnit do I hate this roll function. It's so goddamn finicky I can't believe it.

Show

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Monomyth
    Astral Suit: This astral suit resembles wizardly robes. You gain no armor bonus from your astral suit, but you gain the following free customizations: cunning,* power stone repository, ranged attack. In addition, by summoning an image inspired by the archmage heroes of times past, you create a deceptive defense against assault. While you are psionically focused and wearing this astral suit, you gain the benefits of a mirror image spell, except that instead of the normal amount of mirror images generated, you create only one image, and the effect lasts only while you remain psionically focused and wear this astral suit, or until it is destroyed.
    Whenever you gain psionic focus, if you do not already have a mirror image from this ability, you gain one.
    Starting at 2nd level, while you wear this astral suit, you can use spell completion and spell trigger items as if you were a wizard of your host of heroes level. This astral suit does not count as any type of armor. A host of heroes who chooses this astral suit at the start of the day can take the energy blast customization even if he is not 4th level yet.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Would it not hit both anyway? It was a cone attack versus its own barrage. Was it up at the time of the attack as well?

The 44s just barely missed, you feel like if you didn't Barrage you'd hit it. It also appears to have some sort of shimmering field (probably comparable to your own temporary HP) that you can assume is a form of defense.

I'm personally okay with the refreshing temp HP at the moment. Just means I need to smash your psicrystal.

29. - Top - End - #389

BarbarianGuy

Just edited my post to reflect the damage I took(I would definitely love that momentum please)

Holy Cow! Most of Casmar's attacks missed!?!?!? This guy has got to have AC similar to mine for that to happen. Goddamn man....

30. - Top - End - #390

Imp

Would it not hit both anyway? It was a cone attack versus its own barrage. Was it up at the time of the attack as well?

The 44s just barely missed, you feel like if you didn't Barrage you'd hit it. It also appears to have some sort of shimmering field (probably comparable to your own temporary HP) that you can assume is a form of defense.

I'm personally okay with the refreshing temp HP at the moment. Just means I need to smash your psicrystal.
    I should probably mention that I took the Superior Psicrystal feat and made it an Implanted Psicrystal. It isn't targetable by normal means, but as GM, you could probably target it with a called attack or something if you really wanted; it's literally in the center of my forehead.

Would it really be worth it to destroy my psicrystal, though? It'll stop me from teleporting every round and/or regaining my temp hp/mirror image while in combat, but that's about all. Plus, despite my 28 temp HP, I should note that I have the least amount of HP in the party, by far. Mostly due to the fact that I'm just an Advanced Human, rather than a monster with ludicrous stats and potentially more than 14 HD. As a result, my defenses are plentiful, but not impenetrable.

If you hit me with an attack routine similar to what I and Izzy pulled off this round, I might be able to survive it once, but certainly wouldn't be able to deal with it twice. I'm good against multiple attacks that deal low damage as well as singular attacks that deal decent damage. Hit me with multiple heavy hitting attacks (or perhaps just one massive damage attack, like an optimized Huge+ sized Greater Vital Strike w/ Furious Finish) and I'll go down pretty easily, IMHO. My only Path of War counters right now are Clockstopper (which just lets me act in the surprise round), and Temporal Body Adjustment (which let's me negate whatever random condition I somehow manage to fail a save against / simply don't get a save against).

I should also note, that the only way for me to regain martial focus right now is by taking the total defense action, so unlike Izzy and her Pounce-full attack routine, I can't pull off what I just did repeatedly. At most, I need to recharge next round, or be limited to a much weaker attack routine (specifically, I have zero multi-attacking abilities in melee right now, so my main plan is just to full attack as much as possible).

In short, my build isn't completely without flaws. If this Death Scorpion makes a full attack against me, things will certainly look bad for my character, I tell you what. Especially now that I'm not using Total Defense.

Spoiler: Possible Rules Contention
    Show
    In the interest of absolute clarity, I should note, that it's possible to make an argument that the Impanted Psicrystal can't make use of the Psicrystal Reservoir feat due to this line here:

This version overwrites the psicrystal gained from Psicrystal Affinity.
    It also doesn't manifest as a separate creature, so an argument could be made that it doesn't get actions separate from my own.

Effects
    All implanted psicrystals impart abilities to their owners depending on the level of the owner instead of manifesting as a singular creature, as shown on the table. The abilities on the table are cumulative. It is also important to note that an implanted psicrystal cannot be targeted in any way and for all intents and purposes, isn’t a targetable or separate creature, instead providing their abilities directly.
    That said, given that both the Implanted Psicrystal and the Psicrystal Reservoir feat are from the exact same book (Psionics Augmented - Psicrystals Expanded), I think they would have specifically called it out if the Implanted Psicrystal was barred from gaining any benefit from certain feats or barred from taking mental actions (which would preclude stuff like Solict Psicrystal, for one). I will also note that the 3.5 material upon much of this book was seemingly based, did specifically call out Implanted Psicrystals as still being capable of taking mental actions, but of course, that's 3.5.

Of course, as GM, it's entirely your choice how you wish to rule.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-18 at 07:50 PM.