Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Chortan's Guild OOC

So, like...is this a game over, or what?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    So, like...is this a game over, or what?
    I'll post again later tonight, but it's just been me and Gunhaven for the last two rounds.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #543

Imp

I'd be happy to post!

...if I wasn't dead, lol.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, gonna do the saves here:
    Will: (4d20)[2][19][5][13](39) Blaze it.
    Reflex: (4d20)[5][6][17][1](29) Blaze it.

One passes Will, Three passes Reflex.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-06-03 at 11:55 PM.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

Your understanding is appreciated.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Colossus in the Playground

AAAAAA. This wasn't popping up I don't know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

Did you want to stop the ruse that you're dead, Heather? A brief look confirms there isn't anything around you in the immediate vicinity but the Etheric Jellies might still exist.
    Back on my normal work schedule. Updates will happen when I can finangle them at work or on my nights off on Monday and Friday (unless I get caught up doing something else).

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

And... down to 77 hp. I will need to hold a round when my turn comes up again. Probably two. One for Harm, one for Protection From Energy. If I rest up, and these guys can't heal themselves, then I'll probably wear them down.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

8. - Top - End - #548

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Alright, gonna do the saves here:
    Will: [roll0] Blaze it.
    Reflex: [roll1] Blaze it.

One passes Will, Three passes Reflex.
    These oozes have insanely high reflex saves, huh?

9. - Top - End - #549

Yes, let's end the ruse.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

These oozes have insanely high reflex saves, huh?
    They really do (+19/24/19), most everything on the ship was gestalted to add something they could do. Hilariously their saves are right in the middle for the ones I bothered tinkering with beyond slapping some advanced template on.

The fire elemental will appear near the oozes, I'll roll it into my next post as the etheric jellies return to investigate the new thoughts.
    I'll do said post probably tomorrow. Maybe tonight if I manage to get out of working.

11. - Top - End - #551

I believe elementals are alive, they just share immunities to effects that require a defined body, kinda like oozes.

12. - Top - End - #552

Imp

Ack, I really didn't expect this game to die off just because my own character died. I should have grabbed relativity burst when I got the chance. Then I could have just ran out the room when the gels attacked me. That said, I still have faith that the group can pull through, and revive me! You've got this guys! Only a few of them left.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-06-22 at 03:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll get started on an updated today/tonight.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, rolling some of this stuff in OOC just to get it out of the way.
    Spoiler: Etheric Jellies Attack Elemental
    Show

E1A: (1d20+15)[20] vs 16 Touch AC
    E1D: (4d6)[14]
    E1S: (1d20+10)[17] vs DC 27 Fort

E2A: (1d20+15)[22] vs 16 Touch AC
    E2D: (4d6)[9]
    E2S: (1d20+10)[23] vs DC 27 Fort

E3A: (1d20+15)[17] vs 16 Touch AC
    E3D: (4d6)[17]
    E3S: (1d20+10)[28] vs DC 27 Fort

E4A: (1d20+15)[22] vs 16 Touch AC
    E4D: (4d6)[18]
    E4S: (1d20+10)[28] vs DC 27 Fort

Spoiler: Heather Saves vs Etheric Jellies
    Show
    All 4 hit.
    E1S: (1d20+18)[35]
    E2S: (1d20+18)[25]
    E3S: (1d20+18)[33]
    E4S: (1d20+18)[29]

Spoiler: Darshee Breathes on Oozes
    Show

W1: (1d20+19)[24]
    R1: (1d20+24)[28]

W2: (1d20+19)[24]
    R2: (1d20+24)[34]

W3: (1d20+19)[23]
    R3: (1d20+24)[41]

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Can finangle those Etheric Jellies too. (8d20)[3][12][19][8][6][6][7][18](79)

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

@Illven / Heather: Would you like a Heal or would you prefer I continue dropping damage? I plan to try a single target effect to check their Fort.

Ack, I really didn't expect this game to die off just because my own character died. I should have grabbed relativity burst when I got the chance. Then I could have just ran out the room when the gels attacked me. That said, I still have faith that the group can pull through, and revive me! You've got this guys! Only a few of them left.
    I've got 5 available 7th level slots on the Oracle side, and 4 more 6th that I can use for Heal or Harm; I've got most of my Druid spells still available, but they're mostly not useful in this scenario.

Heather is immune to the lion's share of their attack (the electricity), and has DR 10 that applies to their melee - which means she's bleeding through around 20-40 hp/round. I can pop heals on her from the safety of underground, and keep her on her feet for quite some time at that burn rate.

I'm a lot less resistant to their attacks, but they only get to try on my turn - and with Heather right there, mindless creatures aren't going to be setting ready - which means while I'm more subject to their attacks, I'm a lot less likely to take hits.

So it's mostly mop-up at this point, and a question of how many resources we run through. And then, I imagine, I'll be spending a lot of spell slots on Greater Make Whole to patch up the reactor.... plus a few to get you back on your feet (Raise Dead, Cleanse, Restoration, Greater Restoration, and Shadow Transmutation available natively; Blood Money via a Page of Spell Knowledge and Use Magic Device... I'll just need to borrow someone's skin, and can probably convince Heather to let me do that).

Given that I'm not really using the Earth domain spells, I suspect I'll want to retrain that class feature for an Animal Companion, as it grants me access to a feat that will let me ignore most anti-undead spells.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-06-25 at 08:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #557

Sorry, how much HP am I at?

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Sorry, how much HP am I at?
    Basically what I am asking.

Edit:
    Ah. You phrased it that way because you don't know, as you haven't been actively keeping track. Well, we can check... Heather has 209 HP, AC 24 (touch 17), DR 10/Cold Iron or Good. You've been hit with... 11+8+13+21+13+17+11+13+14+14+13+15+13+17+7+16+14.. . each of which is "plus 1 Charisma Damage, DC 25 Fortitude Save to half damage and ignore charisma damage."

And... you haven't been rolling your saves, although Gunhaven did for the most recent eight (35 / 25 / 33 / 29 / 30 / 28 / 21 / 28). Which means you've got 9 saves left to roll before we know how much HP you have left. Mind rolling [rollv]9d20[/rollv]? Each result of 7 or more is a success for you.

Edit 2: Ran the math. Depending on your saves, you'll have taken somewhere between 117 and 181 HP damage, and 1 and 10 Charisma damage. So you're still alive, and should roll the dice to determine whether or not the heal I'm about to lay down once I've got time to post does a complete fix-up (statistically it probably will, but that's to the tune of one hit, which means luck is a meaningful factor there).
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-06-27 at 07:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #559

Fort saves (9d20)[20][17][20][19][16][14][17][16][4](143)

All but 1.
    Last edited by Illven; 2019-06-27 at 10:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

So 124 HP, 2 CHA, damage taken. Which will shortly go away.

21. - Top - End - #561

Dumb question, where's the fire elemental's stats?

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Dumb question, where's the fire elemental's stats?
    Don't worry about that kind of thing. The dumbest question of all is the one you should have asked, but did not.

24. - Top - End - #564

Oh also burn damage (2d6)[10]

25. - Top - End - #565

Fort save 1 (1d20+18)[22]
    Fort save 2 (1d20+18)[23]

26. - Top - End - #566

Imp

We've walled off the area, but have we prevented the ship from exploding? Or was that just the Plasma Ooze getting rowdy?

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

We've walled off the area, but have we prevented the ship from exploding? Or was that just the Plasma Ooze getting rowdy?
    From what I can gather, the plasma ooze was preventing the reactor from cooling properly. That said: Technological items respond to Greater Make Whole. I've got it as a 4th level spell known, and I'm a 14th level spontaneous caster. I can fix a rather lot of things that way. As long as I start with the stuff that looks important, we're probably fine.

Edit: Oh yes, and there's the whole
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    The guild members feel like the mission could be called a success
    thing.

Who's next up...
    Gunhaven just went, obviously.
    Illeven was just before that.
    And I was before that.

Kaouse: You up for it?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-08-15 at 09:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #568

Imp

There's like, a template for these missions, right? I think I'll go for it.

I'm free to include material from any source, right? I'm actually pretty interested in Kirthfinder, actually. Might be fun to test it out against this party.

Presumably, I can't play my character for this level, correct?

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

There's like, a template for these missions, right? I think I'll go for it.
    Not exactly. I did a straight-through write-up for the first one, and it's possible folks took inspiration from that. But there's nothing I'd call a template that I'm aware of.
    I'm free to include material from any source, right? I'm actually pretty interested in Kirthfinder, actually. Might be fun to test it out against this party.
    Well, there's really only one way to tell how well it's balanced, isn't there?
    Presumably, I can't play my character for this level, correct?
    Right. It's a simple way to make sure there's no accusations of favoring one's own character - if your character isn't on screen while you're running the screen, there's no possible way you could be favoring your character.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll throw something up to help wrap up the mission within the next couple days and then get started on refangling Quill and/or throwing something else up...probably a dragon.