Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Only Ruins: a Nation Game (Recruitment Drive 1)

Only Ruins

"It is now the 1941st year of the world by the Auroran count, the 1181st year since the gods arose, and by my count the 854th year since the first of the cataclysms. It has been seven years since I saw the beginning of anything resembling the civilizations of old returning to the world, and five years since the attack that left me in doubt.

As we walk amongst the ruins of our former glories the storms that marked the past have begun to return. Perhaps I had been wrong when I thought them leaving and we were only in the eye of the madness that followed in the wake of that thing. Perhaps over the centuries they've grown more cunning as they wait stirring in the dark, watching and learning as we grow capable of defending ourselves from them."

"As I watch them I wonder if this is the beginning of something new or history repeating again as I fear. I hope they're capable of walking away and starting their own paths, surpassing their ancestors and surviving. I can always hope can't I? Hope is all any of us really have left in the end."

Hello. This is a recruitment drive for the narrative based nation game 'Only Ruins,' which I've been running since early December of last year. I'm looking for 1-4 new players to join the game, preferably those who are willing and able to stick with this in the long term as my hope is for the longevity of the game. This is as intended for the most part a player driven role-play and a story about nations and the figures within them, in a world long gone mad as it hopefully recovers from a divine apocalypse.

The rules as I've written for the running of things are for the most part of my own design and are not intended to bind players, but to keep nations on a consistent level and for players to build around the struggles of living in the world as it is. They're mutable as required and open to change if I see a reasonable argument and it's something everyone can agree upon.

The setting of the game is a world at the end of its rope, its inhabitants left scrambling after the world should have ended but kept going despite the odds. Nearly a thousand years later and what's left is still trying to rebuild amongst the chaos and ruin left in the wake of the gods. The world by the time new nations fully join will be seven years into the 'Fifth Age,' a time in which it is believed mortals will reclaim the world by some.

I'd ask that applicants attempt to fit their nations both with the setting and with the world as it will be when they join for the sake of easier continuity and the preservation of current nations. The nation origins and corresponding map locations that I suggest are: The Northern Deep Tribes, The Northern Raptor States, a Western Auroran tribe in the Marshlands (or for that matter a Yish or mixed tribe in that area), The Southern Kingdom of Mereton, or something fitting into the South East (the Auroran plains North of Mereton, the South East Raptor States, and the Eastern Khaganate for example).

My current plan is to introduce new nations during or after an in-character time-skip set to occur after turn Twenty Four of the game, said time-skip will advance the world's timeline forward five years and last for a week to allow anyone who wishes to post during that time about their nation the opportunity to do so, after which the game would continue as normal.

The current in-game turn is Twenty One and I'd like anyone who's interested to submit completed sheets before May the 12th (the beginning of Turn 24) for my approval so that I may properly judge sheets and integrate those I choose into the game during the time-skip.

If you're interested (and would be willing to stick around for a bit) read on and let me know if you have any questions.

Spoiler: General
    Show
    - My word is law.

- Use basic grammar. If no one can understand you then there is no point in posting.

- Don't godmod, control other peoples characters, etc. It's impolite.

- If things don't go your way try to stay civil. If this is to last it's better if everyone stays on good terms.

- Posts should be a relatively decent length. As you'll be posting for a nation this shouldn't be a problem but aiming for a a paragraph or two atleast is a good idea.

- You'll be expected to post weekly. If something happens or you're unable to post, say something in the OOC thread or PM me.

- If you're reading this but you don't expect to stick around or even bother to post past a week or two please don't apply. I've seen enough games fall apart because of that behaviour and I don't want this to be another.

- Try to keep player knowledge and character knowledge separate.
    Spoiler: Nation Application Template
    Show
    Nation Name: (What do your people call themselves?)

Desired Map Colour(s): (What would you like the colour used to represent your nation on the map be?)

Race: (Which sentient race is the majority within your nation? Is it composed of more than one?)

Heritage: (Which civilization is your nation descended from most? This can include current nations.)

Territory: (Where has your nation settled? Give a description of the area and how its been settled. Has your nation focused upon holding a small area or a large one? Have you built a fortress or have you built a city? What is your capital like?

New nations will be less developed and more spread out than nations from the original recruitment so as to better match the state of the world before their introduction.)

History: (How your nation came to be. How did those who came to form it survive over the centuries? Where did they come from? What were their struggles? Why are they the way they are now?)

Values: (What do your people value in themselves? What is their social structure? What is their culture like?)

Military: (How does your nation's military function? Is it a militia? Is it's focus cavalry? Archers? The rage of a few?)

Religion: (What is your nation's faith? Do they worship the old gods? Something new? Their ancestors?)

Focus: (What has the focus of your people been? Basic survival? Trade? Craftsmanship? Their military?)

Secrets: (Which secrets have your people retained over others over the millenia? Gunpowder? Steam engines? Blast furnaces? Alchemical poisons? Or has your people perhaps learned to harness wild magic?)

Artifacts: (Have you retained anything special over the millenia? Perhaps a few ancient weapons? Some tools? Something runed or genned? A ship?)

Leader: (At the beginning of the Fifth Age a few individuals appeared showing certain qualities, appearing to some as immortals and demigods. Born with power beyond their kin- be it strength, or intellect, or a magic of some kind, or something else entirely. Perhaps they weren't born with it, perhaps it's something else about them. Maybe their claim to power is an artifact of some kind.

Through their natures others have come to rally around them and forge order or take that of others for themselves to survive and thrive. Who leads your nation? Where did they come from? What makes them special?)
    Spoiler: Current Game Map (Turn 20)
    Show

Current Nations ('Turn 0' Map):
    The Ajivhan Khaganate - Sage Green (and Dark Blue) - Active
    The Brujah - Light Green (and Grey) - Inactive and to be destroyed before new players join
    The Corpus Verde - Purple (and Light Blue) - Active
    The Dead Republic - White (and Black) - NPC
    The Empire of the Basalt Throne - Dark Grey (and Yellow) - Active
    The Grand Duchy of Xule - Red (and White) - Active
    The Harconin Protectorate - Light Grey (and Orange) - Active
    The Khaloric Swarm - Banded Green and Purple - Active
    The Navasti League - Light Blue (and Brown) - Inactive and to be destroyed before new players join
    The Silverplume Confederacy - Dark Blue (and Pale Green) - Inactive and converted into an NPC

Existing Cultures (Original Culture Map):
    The Ajivhan Khaganate - Green
    The Dead Republic - White (and Black)
    The Deep Tribes - Grey
    The Grat Shae - Brown
    The Kingdom of Mereton - Yellow
    The Raptor States - Blue
    The Ray-Das - Light Blue
    The Tribes of Aurora - Purple

Overrun Areas (Original Locations Map):
    The Ajivhan Desert / The Ajivhan Wastes - Red (Desert)
    The Ghost Marshes / The Aetherial Collective - Red (Marshlands)

If you're interested after reading through all of that, you're free to post a sheet or interest.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2019-09-04 at 03:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Accepted Applications

Spoiler: The Disciples of Awn
    Show
    Nation Name: The Collective/Disciples of Awn.

Desired Map Colour(s): Yellow
    Race: Krakari other races are tolerated outside the holy island.

Heritage: South East Raptor States

Territory: The nation is situated on the inland island in the southeast. The interior of the island is warm deciduous forest. Snow occurs during winter, but is not usually deep. The coast is very rocky with few natural beaches.There is a single natural harbor, and it is next to the single city on the island. The city is called Awn, much to the leader's chagrin. It is home to the College of Renewal, a magic school created by Awn. Surrounding the city, the ground has been leveled for agriculture. The same has been done in a patchwork manner throughout the island.

History: The story starts in the childhood of Awn. He wanted for little since his father was Lord of the local area, and managed to keep out of conflicts. In one of the sections of the ruined castle in which he resided he found a shelf that had ruined writings, and a single manual in usually good shape. It so happened that Awn happened to have the spark, though he knew it not, and in the moment he touch the manual, he gained the ability to understand it...somewhat. It was a simple manual of plant growth. The state of mind used to form the spell was one of encouragement of the other. He practiced this magic on the garden to reasonably impressive effect.

Once he was confident in his power he began travelling around his father's lands. The effect was significant, and his family grew more wealthy by the season. Whats more, the populous was uplifted. Making these rounds himself limited the area that could be improved, so Awn sought out students. He did this the only way he knew how, he had children touch the manual as he travelled. At first they were few, and they travelled with him freeing him to watch the magic of others. He eventually learned the trick to detecting the spark, and the number of students grew much. It was time to create grounds, and thus the college of renewal was born.

Eventually this drew the ire of the other lords, who resented the wealth it gave Awn's family. Tensions grew, until Awn made a deal with the other lords, at the cost of a small tithe, the college would send Renewers to their lands, and would welcome any students from any of their lands.

In the previous year, Awn's father took ill and passed. Healing properties of Awnite magic were not well developed at this time.
    He set up the Administratum, headed by the Steward Gensend to tend to the day to day of his family's lands. The members of the Administratum hold their position at the leisure of the college.

Though Awn himself has fathered many children in his travels, and acknowledges them, none of them have been designated Heir. He has made it known that upon his passing his lands shall go to the college, so that it shall never been in the thrall of the other lords.

Values: Generosity, Magic, Knowledge, Growth. Awn preaches that the highest moral deed is to aid your fellow Krakari. Education is valued since the more one know's about the task to be performed, the greater the improvement an Awnite Renewer can make.

Social Structure: Is currently still Feudal. Lord Fredrick decided to swear allegiance to Awn, and in doing so was named Lord Protector. There are 5 other lords on the Island, and some of them are nervous about the power balance. Some of them are contemplating following Fredrick's example. In the lands Awn control farmers are permitted to keep 50% of their crop, and it is mandatory for children to be educated. Renewers (wizards) regularly travel improving crops. In order to facilitate this roads have been created leading to the city. Given the ease of food production, service occupations have begun to spring up, though most artisans are situation in the city. Awnite magic is trusted on the island at this point.

Military: The traditional military of Awn are spears and javelins supported by archers (Basic weapons). It is Militia based, with a small core that is responsible for policing the province. Since the development of Awnite magic, a special group of individuals known as the Rangers has developed. The rangers are trained in many weapons (Knife,Bow,Sword,Spear,Shield,Unarmed), and act as companions to the Renewers. The renewers undergo a basic amount of training in order to properly amplify their companion ranger. The rangers are not practiced in formation fighting, and correspondingly specialize in asymmetric warfare. If there was ever a legitimate threat of invasion this might change.

Religion: At this time much of the populous is pagan. In Awn's lands, the philosophy of Awn has taken root. The main precept is that service to others, is the highest moral good. One of the highest services that can be provided is education, since this provides aid for the rest of a person's life. Awn is a proponent of the concept of Karma. There are some who put forth a concept of a tiered afterlife depending on how well you lived. This part comes not from Awn himself, he neither endorses nor condemns this belief.

Focus: Agriculture, Magic, Education.

Secrets: The main ability Awnites have recovered is "Improvement Magic" It helps improve their agriculture, and artisans. It has some use to improve non-living works, but this tends to be less impressive.

Artifacts: Manual of Renewal

Leader: Awn. He believes what he preaches, and genuinely wish make make the world a better place for all. He is ambitious in the manner that he wants to help as many as he can.

Magic:
    Awnite Magic: Requires a giver (the mage) and a receiver (typically a mundane). The magic relies on both of them. If the receiver does not believe, and does not want to be helped, they cannot be aided (Not a problem in the case on non-sentients). It is a (light) joining of spirits where the giver's spirit "convinces" the receiver's spirit that they can be better (usually at a specific task) than the receiver really is. In order to avoid permanent mixing of the spirits, the giver has a natural resistance to inward flow. This is why mages get less effect for working on other mages. Since it is hard for most individuals to understand and relate to inanimate objects, such magic has smaller effect. Anthropromorphization of the target tends to help in these cases. Direct contact helps, but is not mandatory. Proximity is required. Anything blocking line of effect makes the magic weaker (but this is a mental block, seeing something in the way make most people see things as separate) Multiple mages can work together on a single target, but it is difficult, and dangerous for the receiver. Vertical chaining is possible but is rarely worth the effort involved.
    Spoiler: The Great Heathen Army
    Show
    Nation Name: The Great Heathen Army

Desired Map Colour(s): Silver and Blue

Race: 50% Ray Das, 50% Ray Das Reverants.

Heritage: Ray Das pirates led by a Reverant exiled from the Dead Republic.

Territory: The Great Heathen Army are a mostly sea faring people living on the many small clusters of islands in the south east. They wander constantly embarking across the ocean in their many long boats. At the end of each voyage after the looting and plunder is done the boats are pulled onto land and flipped to serve as houses and shelters while new boats are made for the next voyage. When the new boats are finished a small number of the living are left to farm and maintain the land that has been taken, seemingly unprotected as The Great Heathen Army sets out once again, whooping and hollering gleefully, ready for their next foe to crush.

History: The Ray Das of the south east ocean have of the past centuries have been known as roving, unorganized bands of pirates that attack one another as often as the trade ships that pass through what they considered to be their territory. They have little regard for land loving people. Including the Ray Das people of the mainland.

This has made the pirates the perfect people for Count Gideon Crepitus to use in his revenge on the mainland Ray Das that sentenced him to death for crimes lost to history. Upon his unexpected resuretion after his execution Gideon managed to escape the council of the mainland and eventually found himself in the Dead Republic. There he spent centuries brooding over the injustices he had perceived himself to have suffered at the hands of the main-lander plotting his revenge. What exactly happened in the Dead Republic remains shrouded deeply in secrecy. What is known is that he returned to Ray Das people of the sea in a vessel known as the nautalus bearing knowladge of necromancy and water bending.

Values: Under Count Crepitus' guidance the Great Heathen Army has embraced the gift of undeath treating it as a second coming of age with the living largely refered to as the "young" and the undead as "elders".

The young of The Great Heathen Army enjoy the freedom that they are allowed through pirate style rule of their ships. Captains of ships are elected (or overthrown via mutiny) and plunder is shared. For the most part the young do not worry overly much about the long term preferring to follow the broad directions of the elders and throwing themselves whole heartedly into war knowing that should they fall in combat the elders will ensure their bodies are recovered so they can be reanimated into the adulthood of undeath.

The elders of the Great Heathen Army are much more cautious than the young. Upon their reanimation new elders are instructed to put away childish things and protect the young first and themselves second. For while the elders are superior in their lack of need for food, air or sleep; They are inferior in that they cannot heal wounds and, more importantly, cannot reproduce like the young. As such the elders hide beneath the waves surfacing only to protect the young that are not deemed ready for reanimation.

Both young and old are taught to make the most of the things they kill reusing every part of the creature. This has lead to their boats and armor being made from the chitin of terrors.

Military: The Great Heathen Army is essentially, as its name suggests, a gigantic army. Eventually every young member will serve upon one of the pirate fleet and die there. The elder while secretive and restrained exist to protect the young until they are of age to go to war. The military is almost entirely sea fairing with modest defensive capabilities on land. Their greatest strength lie in the sudden bezerker like blitzes the young are capable of executing combined with the careful planning of the elders.

Religion: The Great Heathen Army reveres Jashiki believing that the dead deity was killed by The Ascendant and has risen again as a form of elder god. The young believe that Jashiki's seeming absence is merely a mirror of their own elders preference for secrecy and that from the depths Jashiki watches over them and protects them until it is time for them to embrace the depths.

The Elders believe that the body of Jashiki has been sundered and the parts scattered across the bottom of the ocean. To this end Count Crepitus has brought forth a "silent crusade" to find the parts of Jashiki and forge them back together to provide its spirit a body to inhabit as the new god of the dead and the ocean.

Focus: For the last few years, The Great Heathen Army has become unusually focused and active. The young are focused on spreading across the many tiny islands of the south and east ocean inflating their population, while the elders continue their mysterious search of the deep ocean floors.

Secrets: While Count Gideon Crepitus brought many secrets back from the Dead Republic with him the greatest are the water bending techniques of propulsion; Taught to the young to aid their ships in out maneuvering enemy vessels; And the art of echolocation taught to the Elders to aid in scouting potential enemy locations and more importantly to aid their search for the corpse of Jashiki. It is whispered that Crepitus has taught some of the most experienced elders the gruesome necrotic art of corpse talking, through which the corpses of their foes are re-purposed to cast and receive messages across the great Aetherial Sea to coordinate their movements.

Artifacts: Crepitus arrived from the Dead Republic with the artifact ship called Nautilus. A submersible ship made from a chitinous material that magnifies and redirects the power of water benders within it to propell itself at great speeds. The Count hopes that the Nautilus can prove as a template for lesser submersibles in the future. for the time being simple water filled shells are used by other water bending Ray Das Reverants to supplement the surface ships.

Crepitus also holds the eye of Jashiki. part of the dead god that urges him to gather the rest.
    Spoiler: The Icebound States of the Union
    Show
    Country Name: Icebound States of the Union

Desired Map Colour(s): Teal and Yellow

Race:Mostly Rainbow Butterflies with others being welcomed into the city as citizens if they request it.

Heritage: The Raptor States they are not much like them but that was where the original rainbow moths that led the expedition came from.

Territory: In the far north it has been settled with the basic desire for survival and other desires they banded together to deal with the dangers of the environment and so they are small and relatively knit together. They have a city as they did not fear others but rather the environment itself as such being closer to others could bolster survival. The capital is a small dome where houses and businesses dwell named Mimico. The dome protects from the cold and as such needs to be tough. They mainly fish for food being careful in what they take after they eliminated one fish population.

History:
    In the far north beyond where other creatures would even venture a small group of rainbow Butterflies went in to discover the north pole before the war to exterminate the rainbow moths even started. Once they realized they had little provisions left to even make it to back they tried to survive with hunting and gathering what existed there. The cold chilled their bones so they went to making warmth first with unnecessary items and memorabilia then with homes that they built called igloos. Eventually they had a rocky beginning for survival and with that came other desires which also needed to be taken care of. With time they were able to expand and with the expansion they needed to find more reliable means for survival and so with that cycle they lived but they never got rid of their traditional ideals and always looked to their future as full of possibilities no matter how low their reserves got as such they didn't change like the dust moths. They were not near other countries so they had to stake out and fend themselves with their tribes and not learn about the history that happened in the rest of the world. Still clinging to their peaceful manners but becoming more reclusive as they grew less aware of the countries around them. They try to stick to the culture they had in the past of peace and the desire of survival.

Values: (What do your people value in themselves? What is their social structure? What is their culture like?) They value peace, productivity, kindness, intelligence, and charisma. The social structure is a democracy where each decision is based off of a vote by the people of the city with a man decided by the people as the chairman who says the current issues if 51% of people vote to kick out a chairman they are removed from their position and replaced. The social structure is well nonexistent there is no money just mutual storage of what you collected and trade between people as they have never found a reason to care about money or a means to make it.

Military: (How does your nation's military function? Is it a militia? Is it's focus cavalry? Archers? The rage of a few?) They are archers as the use of a bow and a dagger is needed in the north where a polar bear may kill you. None of them really recognize themselves as an army but rather protecting themselves and those they care about.

Religion: They worship Lacae.

Focus:Their focus is basic survival.

Secrets: They have been able to harness wild magic as it was something they discovered and nt knowing what it was but not wanting to remove the people with it from the tribe they let them live and discovered the great usefulness of the gift.
    Butterfly Magic.
    Artifacts: The items that the original adventuring party ad on them with particular significance are The Mantle of fire an object that gave the wearer the ability to conjure fire and The Cylinder of Prosperity an item although named and identified as magical otherwise seems to be mundane.

Leader: Although not liking to recognize himself as the leader but rather the Chairman of Mimico. He is a male Rainbow Moth with the ability to use wild magic and was given immortality by it. He is a kindhearted and well thought man he looks young for the rainbow moth but is without a doubt a leader of them he has problems raising his voice and when harsh words are thrown at him he will become quiet and wait for it to pass. He tries to make everyone benefit and believes that war is not something that anyone should do.
    Spoiler: New Avringae
    Show
    Nation Name: New Avringae

Desired Map Colour(s): Green and Silver

Race: Human, mostly Auroran, but with a mixture of Meretonian and various refugee peoples.

Heritage: The Auroran empire, but after the collapse of their control over Mereton, the area fell into disarray. Refugees, noble and peasant alike fled north to Aurora to escape the decline that marred Mereton and thus there is quite a mix. Many of the current nobles would like to see the power of Mereton restored and consider themselves it's heirs, despite not actually being located there. Some few even have the pipe dream of reconquering the lands their people once lost.

Territory: The northern peninsula of the Auroran territory East of the Ajivhan Wastes and south of what I assume is the Grand Duchy of Xule. Their capital will be located just in land of that Bay if that's alright. The land is heavily forested, with individual city states having carved out arable land and the occasional road between these cities, but little else. It is a reasonable area, but due to the large swathes of forest, the population is spread out.

The cities themselves differ from one to the next, with the white stone walls of Raethling being nothing like sprawling market city of Baerdine. The capital of the region is Tarrenvine, a city no bigger than the rest, but which sits on the crystal lake in northern Avringae. The city sprawls, and has no discernible defences, relying instead on its control of river traffic to the rest of the nation, and through the careful diplomacy of it's leaders.

History: When Mereton rejected the Empire, it ushered in an age of decline from which there was little escaping. Many of it's peoples held to their history with all they had, and many of those faded. Still more abandoned it without a second glance, and scraped out what living they could. Many of these peoples gravitated north, seeking the safety of what remained of the Empire, but this too faded. Soon the old order had become little more than pockets of control, with ancient noble houses failing as often as they held. In time, these pockets of order became the city states of northern Aurora, forming their own small communities and wrangling and fighting with their rivals. This would continue for generation after generation until what has become known as the Silver Birth. It isn't known, at least publically, how this came to be, but in one lunar cycle, every major house in every city state bore a child. These children seemed no different to any other, but when in time they assumed the reigns of leadership, they found it easier to seek common cause with one another than fight.

For five years this silver generation wore down the animosity that existed between their cities, and in the sixth year, a marriage was arranged between the lady Myrellia of Raethling and lord Darien of Tarrenvine, who would be the new king and queen of Avringae.

Despite the strangeness commonality of the Silver generation, there have still been struggles: some houses are staunchly conservative in their views, and wish to see no outsiders in their midst, whilst those of the coastal cities and the capital seek trade to bolster their wealth. It has taken all the diplomatic skill that this people can muster to hold their fragile alliance together.

There are also the people of Kharloan, the shadow city. Whilst the rest of the country appears blessed with a connection to the land, for this city it is a curse. It is said this land was the site of the Pactbreaker's great betrayal aeons ago, and this stain still mars the land. The people of this city are known for their guile, and darker things spoken of in no more than a whisper. They are selfish and hostile, even to their fellows, and they deploy the trademark diplomacy of their people in a twisted deceitful fashion. Yet even they recognise the authority of the king and queen, and are ruled by their own silver lord, Torval. Yet this city takes on a solemn duty to hunt the beasts that roam the wilds, beasts that are twisted by the darkness of the land.

Values: Despite the disparate city states, their are some values that all of Avringae holds dear: honour, for they are the descendants of Mereton and Aurora, and peasant and noble alike knows the value of one's word and acting well to others.
    They also broadly value peace ahead of war. Though there are guards in each city, and armouries to arm a citizen's militia, few outside of Raethling have ever gathered an army.
    New Avringae is a recent Kingdom, but each city state is broadly autonomous and each is ruled by a noble house.
    There is no serf-class, nor slavery, but large areas of land are mostly owned by nobles for whom the peasants work. This autonomy has led them to be a proud people, but not an inflexible one. They are however, staunch in their pursuit of independence and will not accept the ruling hand of empire. It is truly a wonder that a kingdom could be formed at all.
    A new wave of festivity has recently come to Avringae, and with the mixing of individuals from city states, parties and festivities are growing increasingly common. It is seen as a new outlet for competition between the cities,
    to demonstrate their wealth and knowledge.
    Knowledge is a valued trait throughout Avringae, and the courts of the noble houses are some of the few places where sorcerers are entertained without persecution, though with a healthy dose of suspicion. Despite all this, there is no great love for the past, and though some traditions are followed, Avringae is a country that prefers to live in the present. It is taking a great deal of work by the king and queen to get them to prepare for the future...

Military: Avringae has little in the way of a military. Raethling is the only city that has a standing force of soldiers and those men are split between archers and halberdiers. They are lightly armoured, but swift moving. Kharloan has a corps of hunters and warriors that patrol the woods, to prevent anything unsavoury from reaching the city.

Religion: With such a disparate grouping of peoples, their is no one state religion. However, their is a growing belief that the Silver children are a blessing of Lacae, the ancient goddess, who some say sleeps in the moon. This has not been endorsed by the king or queen, or to their knowledge, any of the noble families, but it is a popular belief amongst the people.

Focus: For the last few years, the country has been focused on establishing unity. Now each city attempts to use this new found peace to establish trade and build their cities. The king and queen look outwards, to establish trade and alliances to support their fledgling state.

Secrets: The nobles of northern Aurora held one duty that united them, even before their new alliance. To seek out those who could touch the Wilds and train them, such as they could. It is not known whether all peoples have the talent to touch power of nature, or whether the forests of the land have created some connection with the people, but a high percentage of the population has some talent at shaping the trees and calling the winds. Unfortunately, with the decline of the old kingdom, much knowledge was lost, and now the 'training' that the nobles can provide is rudimentary at best. Many a peasant practices for a few months before returning to his village or farm and uses his talents only to grow the crops a little better.

There is no such thing as a battle mage in Avringae, and their greatest mages are known as The Wildsingers, and are led by Sylve Truecaller. They attend the courts of the nobles and eagerly listen to knowledge from outsider mages who pass through.

One other talent is known to the people of Avringae, though this is a secret few know outside Khorloan. The talent for Wild magic in that place has been replaced by something darker. It is prone to kill or maim, half those who wield it, but for others, it can be powerful shadow magic. Torval of Khorloan, is himself a shadowmancer, though this is almost entirely unknown.

Artifacts: Beneath the crystal lake, is a shattered tower, made entirely of crystal, or so the divers have said. Despite it's broken nature, it still glows, though no light could reach it in those depths. It is this that gives the lake it's incredible sheen and causes the fish to be ever bountiful.

The people of Raethling retain two golden staves, each two feet long. They are said to be ancient weapons from the second age of the world, one can call fires hot enough to melt any metal, and the other freeze a man at 100 paces. These are kept closely guarded, and have only been used once in living memory, by a Wildsinger to bring a storm of hail and lightning to drive away an invading army.

Leader: The heads of New Avringae are Myrellia and Darien. Both are young for their station, each no older than 35, but they are both seasoned diplomats. Darien forged the alliance of the houses and it was to him the others looked for leadership. Myrellia was the leader of the greatest city beyond Tarrenvine, and she left Raethling in the hands of her twin, Sorcane. Myrellia is a rarity amongst her people, for she has studied the history of warfare as much as any in their kingdom, and was raised to lead the people of Raethling should the time come.

Both are blessed with the gifts of the silver children: there is a nearly indiscernible glow that suffuses their skin and hair, which would mark them out to a truly observant watcher, but to most gives them an enchanting radiance.
    They are intelligent and witty beyond other humans, but only slightly, and they have a deep sense of brotherhood with their fellow silver children. This is the true strength which has unified their country.
    Spoiler: The Rising Light
    Show
    Nation Name: The Rising Light

Desired Map Colour(s): Yellow/Red

Race: 81% Human (73% Auroran, 27% Ajivhan), 18% Corvan, 1% Simulacra

Heritage: The people of Rising Light primarily follow the traditions of the Kingdom of Mereton, though there has been some cultural assimilation from absorbed nomadic groups from the Ajivhan Khaganate. The awoken Simulacra are from a much older time, and follow the cultural norms of the ancient Aurorans.

Territory: Rising Light is centered in the southern regions of the old Kingdom of Mereton. The awoken Runeforge serves as the capital of Rising Light, and the massive, ancient forge complex and its old fortifications have been repaired and added onto. A city has quickly risen up around the fortress, and with Meretonian walls surrounding this capital city, an impressive monument to the newly birthed Rising Light has been born. The surrounding lands are much more rural, used primarily as buffer states against outside incursions and for resource gathering, including a small portion of the northeastern Ajivhan Khaganate's ancestral lands.

History: The origin of the Rising Light is linked with the rediscovery and awakening of the ancient Runeforge in the mountains near the southern lands of the Kingdom of Mereton, directly next to the southeastern edge of the Ajivhan Desert, where few dare venture. One day, a massive beam of light rose into the sky, signalling the awakening of the Runeforge, and the Prophetess Liella strode forth from the ancient complex, bearing a runic staff and bringing with her knowledge of the forgotten past and the enigmatic future.

The Prophetess taught her Chosen the forgotten knowledge of Life Magic, a lost magical art capable of manipulating and enhancing Life itself. With it, her Chosen spread across the land, using their newfound arts to bring health and happiness to the people around them, and soon the nation of Rising Light was born, named after the column of light that signaled the coming of the Prophetess and the awakening of the Runeforge.

With Life Magic, the Chosen were also able to awaken the sleeping Simulacra within the Runeforge, and they quickly began to put their ancient skills to work, and Runeforged arms and armor began to be produced to arm the militia of the Rising Light. Superior equipment combined with old martial tradition, and soon the Rising Light's military arm grew strong enough to protect itself against a hostile world. This promise of safety and security only helped swell the Light's population further, though the neighbors of this newfound nation are likely none too pleased with the sudden ascension of this new power.

Values: As a mix of many different cultures but with a focus on the blessings of the Prophetess, the Rising Light has its own unique brand of values. They value discipline and honor much like the Mereton people, but bonds and intelligence are just as important. The one value that that all hold is faith. Faith in the Prophetess, and the direction that she is taking the nation. It would not be an exaggeration to say that the expectations of the nation itself rest on her small shoulders.

Military: The military of the Rising Light focuses on the superior arms and armor from the Runeforge. The core of its armed forces are its heavily armored infantry. They focus on the use of two-handed halberds, relying on their tough armor and their skirmishing forces to protect them from projectiles. The skirmishers consist of light cavalry armed with javelins, primarily used as a scouting and harassing force, and foot archers armed with Runeforged bows to out-range and out-power any traditional ranged weapon. Finally, all military units are accompanied by a small group of Chosen to heal any injuries, prevent disease from crippling the army, and ensure supplies do not spoil while on the march.

Religion: The faith of the Rising Light is solely towards its Prophetess. Seen almost as the coming of a new deity, faith in her reign is nearly absolute. The awakening of the Runeforge is seen as a herald of her coming and the blessing of the world upon the people of the Rising Light, brought about by the generosity of the Prophetess. The people are well aware of Prophetess Liella's ability to foresee the future, and that the gifts of Life Magic, borne by her Chosen, come from her knowledge of long forgotten arts. Her Chosen serve effectively as priests and priestesses, carrying word from the Prophetess across the nation as needed, and acting as the arm of the Prophetess wherever they go.

Focus: The focus of the Rising Light has been on the fortification and revival of the ancient Runeforge, along with arming its military with powerful Runeforged gear. The training of the Chosen has been of utmost importance to the Prophetess since awakening the Runeforge, bringing Life Magic to her people to improve their health and well-being.

Secrets: The primary secret brought by the Prophetess is that of Life Magic. Life Magic is a long forgotten magical art capable of manipulating life in various ways. Its primary use is curative, healing even the most grevious of wounds and the deadliest of diseases. Its most powerful practitioners can even restore the deceased to life. Given its domain over Life itself, it has great power over the soul, allowing practioners to exorcise roving spirits, ensure the dead stay sleeping, and even fix damage caused by wild magic. Any kind of life can be manipulated in various ways, though Life Magic is always used to enhance, heal, or purify the living. Limited power over nature can allow untamed lands to be brought under control more easily, but Life Magic can't be used to kill or weaken, so axe and muscle are still needed to clear forests and jungles. However, the revival of long dead land is certainly possible, given the motivation and power to do so.

The other secret of the Rising Light is that of Runesmithing. The awakening of the long dormant Simulacra within the Runeforge brought about the revival of this ancient art. While true Rune Magic still remains lost, Runesmithing allows the Runesmiths to forge powerful magical arms and armor, enhanced by the rune-imbued equipment of the Runeforge. While any smith could use the Runeforge and create some kind of empowered item, the Runeforge is a massive complex with many mystical forges, smelters, and other equipment. Only a Runesmith knows which forge has what rune, and what combinations of forges and equipment will provide the desired effect.

Artifacts: The Runeforge. The capital of the Rising Light is built around this artifact, an ancient, massive, sprawling complex of forges, smelters, workshops, housing, and mines all built into a massive mountain located near the Ajivhan Desert. No one is quite certain how the Prophetess brought this complex to life, or even located it, as the few explorers in this region had never even spotted this facility prior to its awakening, despite its size. However, the fact remains that it is here now, and any metal forged here by a Runesmith is guaranteed to be much more powerful than any ordinary metal.

The artifact of the Prophetess herself is the Staff of the Ages. Little is known by others about this blue, rune-covered stave, for the Prophetess keeps its secrets close and the Staff itself is always on her person. In truth, this Staff is the secret behind much of her power. This Staff has the unique ability to manipulate Time itself on a limited scale, and is the reason for the Prophetess' presence in the first place. With this Staff, the Prophetess leapt forward in time, exhausting much of its power but allowing her to appear in the current Age with what knowledge she had of the past. With this, she knew not only the location of the Runeforge, but how to awaken it, and she could share her only knowledge of Life Magic with the people of this Age.

The Staff of the Ages is the secret behind the Prophetess Liella's ability to see the future. It allows her to predict events that will directly impact herself with ease, and with more limited effect, her people. She can even use this to make short hops into the future to avoid unpleasant events, though the Staff can no longer make such a grand jump into the future as it once did, as it lacks the same power as it did in the past.

However, despite its more limited power, it still grants its bearer effective immortality. The Prophetess does not age, her form locked in its ideal prime so long as she carries the Staff. Injuries heal instantly, so long as they would heal at all, as the healing process is accelerated rapidly. While the Staff used to allow the Prophetess to accelerate or slow time for herself at will, this power has been exhausted after using it to awaken the Runeforge in an instant, rather than slowly awakening each portion over time. Still, its use as a divination tool and to remain ageless is still quite potent.

Leader: Prophetess Liella's claim to power comes from two sources: her personal ability as a powerful Life Mage, and her luck in finding the Staff of the Ages in an era long forgotten. With it, she was able to jump far into the future to escape the calamitous Fourth Age. With knowledge of how things used to be back in the Third Age, if not the personal ability to bring back most of those lost wonders, Liella aspires to revive that era of civilization and glory, even with the lack of the Gods.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2017-12-26 at 12:27 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Only Ruins: a Nation Game (Recruitment Drive)

Posting tentative interest. Need to read through everything.

Edit: Oh...you want us to play one of your pre-made characters to push forward your homebrew setting? Yeah, nevermind. Not interested.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-04-21 at 10:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Posting tentative interest. Need to read through everything.

Edit: Oh...you want us to play one of your pre-made characters to push forward your homebrew setting? Yeah, nevermind. Not interested.
    I know, how crazy of someone to give very general racial archetypes as advice for nation creation in a pre-existing, rules light, primarily narrative driven game. It's like...advising someone not to play a kobold berserker in a campaign about court intrigue set in a city of isolationist, xenophobic elves. The nerve of some people!

(Psst, not to start a flame war or anything, but it kinda looks like you didn't read things through, there. )
    Last edited by PossiblyInsane; 2017-04-22 at 04:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

I hereby and officially proclaim that you, Possibly Insane, have been bequeathed a "plus one" for the statement you have presented.
    Spoiler: Me
    Show
    Spoiler: Meyers-Briggs
    Show

Spoiler: Gamer type
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Basics are done which will be stuffed later.
    Spoiler: ISU
    Show

Race:Mostly Rainbow Butterflies with others being welcomed into the city as citizens if they request it.

Heritage: The Raptor States they are not much like them but that was where the original rainbow moths that led the expedition came from.

Territory: In the far north it has been settled with the basic desire for survival and other desires they banded together to deal with the dangers of the environment and so they are small and relatively knit together. They have a city as they did not fear others but rather the environment itself as such being closer to others could bolster survival. The capital is a small dome where houses and businesses dwell named Mimico. The dome protects from the cold and as such needs to be tough. They mainly fish for food being careful in what they take after they eliminated one fish population.

History:
    In the far north beyond where other creatures would even venture a small group of rainbow Butterflies went in to discover the north pole before the war to exterminate the rainbow moths even started. Once they realized they had little provisions left to even make it to back they tried to survive with hunting and gathering what existed there. The cold chilled their bones so they went to making warmth first with unnecessary items and memorabilia then with homes that they built called igloos. Eventually they had a rocky beginning for survival and with that came other desires which also needed to be taken care of. With time they were able to expand and with the expansion they needed to find more reliable means for survival and so with that cycle they lived but they never got rid of their traditional ideals and always looked to their future as full of possibilities no matter how low their reserves got as such they didn't change like the dust moths. They were not near other countries so they had to stake out and fend themselves with their tribes and not learn about the history that happened in the rest of the world. Still clinging to their peaceful manners but becoming more reclusive as they grew less aware of the countries around them. They try to stick to the culture they had in the past of peace and the desire of survival.

Values: (What do your people value in themselves? What is their social structure? What is their culture like?) They value peace, productivity, kindness, intelligence, and charisma. The social structure is a democracy where each decision is based off of a vote by the people of the city with a man decided by the people as the chairman who says the current issues if 51% of people vote to kick out a chairman they are removed from their position and replaced. The social structure is well nonexistent there is no money just mutual storage of what you collected and trade between people as they have never found a reason to care about money or a means to make it.

Military: (How does your nation's military function? Is it a militia? Is it's focus cavalry? Archers? The rage of a few?) They are archers as the use of a bow and a dagger is needed in the north where a polar bear may kill you. None of them really recognize themselves as an army but rather protecting themselves and those they care about.

Secrets: They have been able to harness wild magic as it was something they discovered and nt knowing what it was but not wanting to remove the people with it from the tribe they let them live and discovered the great usefulness of the gift.
    Butterfly Magic.
    Artifacts: The items that the original adventuring party ad on them with particular significance are The Mantle of fire an object that gave the wearer the ability to conjure fire and The Cylinder of Prosperity an item although named and identified as magical otherwise seems to be mundane.

Leader: Although not liking to recognize himself as the leader but rather the Chairman of Mimico. He is a male Rainbow Moth with the ability to use wild magic and was given immortality by it. He is a kindhearted and well thought man he looks young for the rainbow moth but is without a doubt a leader of them he has problems raising his voice and when harsh words are thrown at him he will become quiet and wait for it to pass. He tries to make everyone benefit and believes that war is not something that anyone should do.

Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-05-18 at 07:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

It's been requested by Viriin (the person responsible for the maps) that each player chooses two colours for their nation. It's apparently easier to pick out individual nations this way on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    i want the original rainbow moths. is there a way to get it?
    At the end of the third age, during the opening act of the war that led to the beginning of the fourth age, the majority of the rainbow butterflies were wiped out by the Aetherial Collective during wholesale attacks on Khalorean's creations. The survivors hid underground until they eventually became the race known as the dust moths, having lost their magics and their colours having for the most part turned grey/brown over the generations.

If you can come up with an explanation why you have rainbow butterflies, then maybe. Perhaps you have an artifact of some sort responsible for their preservation or restoration? You'd have to explain their absence (or obscurity) from the world so far (there are settlements that far north), perhaps you're a northern colony (I'm assuming you're north with ice in your name) that's kept itself hidden.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2017-04-22 at 05:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

the question is are artifacts supposed to be selected from the artifact list?
    thanks for linkele for my avatar

9. - Top - End - #9

the question is are artifacts supposed to be selected from the artifact list?
    They aren't. The list in the setting thread is a list of more notable objects and relics that exist in the world. A few of the lesser non-unique ones may be within a nation but I'd rather the artifact or artifacts you've decided your nation carries be something that you've come up with (minor or major, enough to be of use to your people or one).
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2017-04-22 at 07:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

thanks for that.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-22 at 07:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

posting interest, will need to read up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

homebrew:
    shadowdancer rework

human ranger substitution levels

12. - Top - End - #12

Basics are done which will be stuffed later.
    Spoiler: ISU
    Show

Race:Mostly Rainbow Moths with others being welcomed into the city as citizens if they request it.

History:
    In the far north beyond where other creatures would even venture a small group of rainbow moths went in to discover the north pole. Once they realized they had little provisions left to even make it to back they tried to survive with hunting and gathering what existed there. The cold chilled their bones so they went to making warmth first with unnecessary items and memorabilia then with homes that they built called igloos. Eventually they had a rocky beginning for survival and with that came other desires which also needed to be taken care of. With time they were able to expand and with the expansion they needed to find more reliable means for survival and so with that cycle they lived. They were not near other countries so they had to stake out and fend themselves with their tribes. Still clinging to their peaceful manners but becoming more reclusive as they grew less aware of the countries around them. They try to stick to the culture they had in the past of peace and the desire of survival.

It's looking okay so far aside from some easily fixed spelling, grammar, etc problems.

Things that occur to me as I read it is that it could use an explanation of how they've remained rainbow butterflies when the rest of them changed (are they actually still rainbow butterflies or have they developed into their own breed over time as the dust moths had?), a mention of how long ago they went North (whether they went north before the war, during it, or after seems like it would be important to their culture with the culls and cataclysms having occurred), and something related to how they've survived there for as long as they have (is the dome magical and if it is, are you able to construct more and if so how?).
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2017-04-25 at 04:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

The dome is simply an architectural piece that keeps the wind and snow at bay. If you wanted me to I could make it magical by means of enchantment through the mantle of fire. I like to imagine they are the original rainbow moths but if you feel it necessary I can change it.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-25 at 06:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Posting interest, there is a lot of reading to do so, could be a while before I make anything.
    Last edited by Goliathus; 2017-04-25 at 11:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

@Iceseer: I like that you like my creation and wanna base a nation on it, but I have to ask:
    Are you saying "rainbow butterfly" or "dust moth"? Because in real life, which I based them both on, moths are not colorful, and around at night, but butterflies are colorful, and around in the daytime.

Is what you call "rainbow moth" something totally unique and original to you, or are you saying it wrong?

If they're butterflies, do they still have the ability to switch between human, giant butterfly, and a group of single-color normal-sized butterflies?

If they're moths, do they have a human form at all anymore? Do they have wings when they're in human form?
    Last edited by Viirin; 2017-04-26 at 03:11 AM.
    Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Viirin View Post
    @Iceseer: I like that you like my creation and wanna base a nation on it, but I have to ask:
    Are you saying "rainbow butterfly" or "dust moth"? Because in real life, which I based them both on, moths are not colorful, and around at night, but butterflies are colorful, and around in the daytime.

Is what you call "rainbow moth" something totally unique and original to you, or are you saying it wrong?

If they're butterflies, do they still have the ability to switch between human, giant butterfly, and a group of single-color normal-sized butterflies?

If they're moths, do they have a human form at all anymore? Do they have wings when they're in human form?
    It's actually a moblie error. The powers i do not actually care about if it's too much of a problem i will have them powerless. If it's not a problem i'd like to stick to the source for this as close as possible.

17. - Top - End - #17

The dome is simply an architectural piece that keeps the wind and snow at bay. If you wanted me to I could make it magical by means of enchantment through the mantle of fire. I like to imagine they are the original rainbow moths but if you feel it necessary I can change it.
    I'm not saying you cannot have them. I'm asking how you have them in the context of the world as it is, an explanation within your sheet as to them being within or being the majority of your nation. Did they simply fail to change where the rest of them did? Do they think it's a result of their outlook being brighter when the rest of them probably descended into bitterness, hatred, and ultimately darkness as they lived underground?

18. - Top - End - #18

Okay put it in as keeping with their traditional values and staying optimistic. Though personally I'm sure these Rainbow Butterflies would be surprised to learn what happened to their race in the dust moths.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-26 at 04:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Okay put it in as keeping with their traditional values and staying optimistic. Though personally I'm sure these Rainbow Butterflies would be surprised to learn what happened to their race in the dust moths.
    There will be a lot of fun stuff to write together. I look forward to it!
    Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #20

There's a lot of backstory to this world and it's a lot to take in. Think you can make a tl;dr version of the gods, old nations, races, ect lol?
    LoCTBE:Recruitment:OOC:IC:Wiki

AToM:OOC:IC:Char sheet
    Goblin Tribe:OOC:IC
    LoCRoT:OOC:IC
    Frostmold:Char Sheet
    Plane Hop:Char Sheet

Colorz:Moar Colorz

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
    There's a lot of backstory to this world and it's a lot to take in. Think you can make a tl;dr version of the gods, old nations, races, ect lol?
    I'd rather the thread atleast be skimmed for the sake of having a general understanding of the world and its state. That being said I can try cutting some of it down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashlif: Scion of Gangari and Deity of Magic and Spycraft. Absent.
    Cyth'Raul: Deity of Pacts. Killed by Gangari and Lysei for ancient crimes.
    Cawles Strix: Scion of Gangari and Deity of Knowledge. Was once the High Priestess of Qartog before turning to Gangari worship after her disappearance. Absent.
    Drya: Deity of Nature. Went insane after her worshipers were massacred and committed suicide. Dead.
    Gangari: Deity of Wisdom, Magic, Life, and Art. Kicked off the war that brought the end of the world in an attempt to bring the Auroran Empire under control. Absent.
    Jashiki: Deity of Water and Chaos. Worshiped by Ray Das and Sailors for the most part. Killed by the Ascendant.
    Katalia: Scion of Gangari and Deity of Fire and Retribution. Was once the enforcer of Lysei's will before his disappearance she was salvaged by Gangari and turned to his purposes. Absent.
    Khalorean: Deity of Insects and Justice. Creator of many creatures lost in the war. Absent.
    Lacae: Deity of Peace. Obscure. Absent.
    Lysei: Deity of Fire and Law. Believed to have been Roe by some Aurorans, whom he tried to place under his boot to keep them in line. Believed Dead.
    Qartog: Deity of Death. Worshiped by Krakari until her disappearance. Absent.
    Themeron: Deity of War. Obscure. Killed by Lysei.
    The Ascendant: Responsible for most of the world's problems. Unknown.
    The Dead god: Scion of Gangari and Deity of Death and Retribution. Killed by the Ascendant.

Ajivha: Ex-desert dwellers that live in exodus from their homeland that have for the most part formed into a society somewhat resembling the mongols and the ottomans.
    Aurora: A fallen Roman-like empire that for the most part has went tribal.
    The Collective: A theocratic society founded by Gangari worshiping Ajivhans that kicked off the war that led to the end of the world.
    The Dead Republic: A collection of undead and immortals living in the cursed archipelago once home to the capital of the Auroran empire.
    The Deep Tribes: A collection of Luug tribes living in the mountains.
    The Grat Shae: A loose collection of tribal, xenophobic predators that rarely leave their lands.
    The Kingdom of Mereton: Feudal Medieval Europeans.
    The Raptor States: A collection of federated houses of industrial Krakari.
    Ray Das: Kender-like halfling Pirates

Corvans: Once a Gangari worshiping brotherhood formed of all races. Now refers to a warped variety of Human/Yish mixes carrying the traits of blessings once held by the old Corvans.
    Driders: Driders. Spider People.
    Dust Moths: Moth people.
    Galans: Flaming Spiders.
    Grat: Tribal, xenophobic predators.
    Humans: Humans.
    Krakari: Bird People.
    Luug: Stone People.
    Ray Das: Kender-like halflings.
    Revenants: Undead. The fate of most who die.
    Simulacra: Ancient machines created by the Aetherial Collective.
    Vampires: Undead/Immortals that were created by Jashiki. Blessing/curse spreads with a bite.
    Yish: Humanish creatures somewhat resembling reptile-like elves.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2017-04-30 at 02:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I was interested in this game last time you posted, but gave up for the same reason. (Too much backstory from previous games)
    Is there even a marginal chance that one day you will start with a blank slate?

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    I was interested in this game last time you posted, but gave up for the same reason. (Too much backstory from previous games)
    Is there even a marginal chance that one day you will start with a blank slate?
    No. Not really. I started this as I wanted to run things as I am. I'd have zero investment in running this with a blank slate.

If your problem is the volume of background... I didn't say you had to read all of it immediately or adhere to all of it. If your assumption is that you were stuck with just what's written in there, at what point did I say you couldn't diverge? I assumed people realized they had plenty of room to come up with their own things in the span of the over 800 years between proper recorded history and now. The background sets the baseline of the world and things that can be agreed upon if not IC then atleast OOC. If your problem is that a history exists I ask why?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

To answer:
    I really have no idea what you mean by the ability to diverge. You have explicitly listed pre-existing nations and cultures, and they cover *almost* the entire map. Creating anything would require understanding what was there before in order to create anything plausible within the continuity of the world. That requires a deep understanding of the history. (Which requires way too much reading for the purpose of an entry)

Other issues:
    There is simply very little room. Starting as a tiny nation, in a world of superpowers means our impact on the world is likely to be tiny, with annexation soon to follow. The main way to survive would probably require an intimate knowledge of the political climate... which leads us back to the lore problem.

I acknowledge that I may be misunderstanding the map. If so, could you clarify which sections are not actively within the domain of a player?

Not related to the quantity of the lore: since every point on the map has deep history, there really is no space to create NEW cultures (Note the "Heritage" as part of the application). This is related to the comment of the blank slate. While the original members have had the opportunity to craft the cultures and societies of their countries to start with, new members are stuck with pre-existing cultures that permeate the entire map.

25. - Top - End - #25

To answer:
    I really have no idea what you mean by the ability to diverge. You have explicitly listed pre-existing nations and cultures, and they cover *almost* the entire map. Creating anything would require understanding what was there before in order to create anything plausible within the continuity of the world. That requires a deep understanding of the history. (Which requires way too much reading for the purpose of an entry)

Other issues:
    There is simply very little room. Starting as a tiny nation, in a world of superpowers means our impact on the world is likely to be tiny, with annexation soon to follow. The main way to survive would probably require an intimate knowledge of the political climate... which leads us back to the lore problem.

I acknowledge that I may be misunderstanding the map. If so, could you clarify which sections are not actively within the domain of a player?

Not related to the quantity of the lore: since every point on the map has deep history, there really is no space to create NEW cultures (Note the "Heritage" as part of the application). This is related to the comment of the blank slate. While the original members have had the opportunity to craft the cultures and societies of their countries to start with, new members are stuck with pre-existing cultures that permeate the entire map.
    In all honesty this is what made me hesitant to even apply my sheet and I didn't really look forward to it personally just felt obligated after posting interest and felt stuck into it. This was an excellent way of me to learn to disappear on other threads though. I am still willing to play despite that though. But I can understand where he is coming from just never felt confident enough to say it.

I dealt with the Lore issue by making it so the nation was removed from everyone else and got my culture able to shift from it due to severe isolation for so long. I knew war was an automatic lose so made my men peaceful and chose the race based on that.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-05-01 at 08:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

snip
    snip
    @Novabomb, Iceseer, and anyone else that's worried about this:

The places that have a single colour rather than two on the border are cultural borders (aside from the red borders). The reason the cultures are on the map as well is due to an issue with the programs used for making the map in the first place. It was a choice between a compiled map and starting from scratch according to the current mapmaker.

I listed seven places (The Northern area in Grey, the Northern area in Blue, the Western area in Purple, the Eastern area in Purple, the Eastern area in Yellow, the South Eastern area in Green, and the South Eastern area in Blue) in which new players could jump into to form a nation. The pre-existing cultures are heritages within the world and jumping off points for which to write from, not binding guidelines. What do you want to make? I'll probably allow it. The cultures were effectively templates from which to come from and little's been done with any of them meaning they're free to be written about.

The Northern area in Grey is a tribal society of Luug (Rock People). The Northern area in Blue is a feudal society of previously industrial Krakari (Bird People). The Western area in Purple is a tribal land of Aurorans (Romans) for the most part fighting eachother over their lost glory. The Eastern area in Purple is much as the Western one is. The Yellow area is a Kingdom of Meretonians (Feudal Europeans). The South Eastern area in Blue is much as the Northern one is. The South Eastern area in Green is a society sitting somewhere between the Ottomans and the Mongols depending upon the day (the nation version sitting further on the Ottoman side and the culture version sitting closer on the Mongol side).

I see plenty of room to develop from these relatively broad strokes (they're mostly just a default state). If I've written too much or failed to convey the basic nature of these I apologize and I do the same if I've failed to convey the mutability of cultures when it comes to player applications.

In terms of superpowers and the existence of other nations... I was planning on giving more to new players than current ones started with. The cultures aren't hegemonic superpowers and I doubt current nations are going to immediately declare war on anyone, especially new players.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2017-05-01 at 10:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

I will create an entry in a few days. I am interested in developing a nation with a significant focus on education, where magic is studied as science, and would naturally be a mageocracy. It has a utilitarian bend that I will need to come up with a reason for. I am eyeing the inland isle in the lower right, which I think you said is free.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Done for now, is there anything you would like expanded upon?
    Spoiler: Application
    Show

Nation Name: The Collective/Disciples of Awn.

Territory: The nation is situated on the inland island in the southeast. The interior of the island is warm deciduous forest. Snow occurs during winter, but is not usually deep. The coast is very rocky with few natural beaches.There is a single natural harbor, and it is next to the single city on the island. The city is called Awn, much to the leader's chagrin. It is home to the College of Renewal, a magic school created by Awn. Surrounding the city, the ground has been leveled for agriculture. The same has been done in a patchwork manner throughout the island.

History: The story starts in the childhood of Awn. He wanted for little since his father was Lord of the local area, and managed to keep out of conflicts. In one of the sections of the ruined castle in which he resided he found a shelf that had ruined writings, and a single manual in usually good shape. It so happened that Awn happened to have the spark, though he knew it not, and in the moment he touch the manual, he gained the ability to understand it...somewhat. It was a simple manual of plant growth. The state of mind used to form the spell was one of encouragement of the other. He practiced this magic on the garden to reasonably impressive effect.

Once he was confident in his power he began travelling around his father's lands. The effect was significant, and his family grew more wealthy by the season. Whats more, the populous was uplifted. Making these rounds himself limited the area that could be improved, so Awn sought out students. He did this the only way he knew how, he had children touch the manual as he travelled. At first they were few, and they travelled with him freeing him to watch the magic of others. He eventually learned the trick to detecting the spark, and the number of students grew much. It was time to create grounds, and thus the college of renewal was born.

Eventually this drew the ire of the other lords, who resented the wealth it gave Awn's family. Tensions grew, until Awn made a deal with the other lords, at the cost of a small tithe, the college would send Renewers to their lands, and would welcome any students from any of their lands.

In the previous year, Awn's father took ill and passed. Healing properties of Awnite magic were not well developed at this time.
    He set up the Administratum, headed by the Steward Gensend to tend to the day to day of his family's lands. The members of the Administratum hold their position at the leisure of the college.

Though Awn himself has fathered many children in his travels, and acknowledges them, none of them have been designated Heir. He has made it known that upon his passing his lands shall go to the college, so that it shall never been in the thrall of the other lords.

Values: Generosity, Magic, Knowledge, Growth. Awn preaches that the highest moral deed is to aid your fellow Krakari. Education is valued since the more one know's about the task to be performed, the greater the improvement an Awnite Renewer can make.

Social Structure: Is currently still Feudal. Lord Fredrick decided to swear allegiance to Awn, and in doing so was named Lord Protector. There are 5 other lords on the Island, and some of them are nervous about the power balance. Some of them are contemplating following Fredrick's example. In the lands Awn control farmers are permitted to keep 50% of their crop, and it is mandatory for children to be educated. Renewers (wizards) regularly travel improving crops. In order to facilitate this roads have been created leading to the city. Given the ease of food production, service occupations have begun to spring up, though most artisans are situation in the city. Awnite magic is trusted on the island at this point.

Military: The traditional military of Awn are spears and javelins supported by archers (Basic weapons). It is Militia based, with a small core that is responsible for policing the province. Since the development of Awnite magic, a special group of individuals known as the Rangers has developed. The rangers are trained in many weapons (Knife,Bow,Sword,Spear,Shield,Unarmed), and act as companions to the Renewers. The renewers undergo a basic amount of training in order to properly amplify their companion ranger. The rangers are not practiced in formation fighting, and correspondingly specialize in asymmetric warfare. If there was ever a legitimate threat of invasion this might change.

Religion: At this time much of the populous is pagan. In Awn's lands, the philosophy of Awn has taken root. The main precept is that service to others, is the highest moral good. One of the highest services that can be provided is education, since this provides aid for the rest of a person's life. Awn is a proponent of the concept of Karma. There are some who put forth a concept of a tiered afterlife depending on how well you lived. This part comes not from Awn himself, he neither endorses nor condemns this belief.

Focus: Agriculture, Magic, Education.

Secrets: The main ability Awnites have recovered is "Improvement Magic" It helps improve their agriculture, and artisans. It has some use to improve non-living works, but this tends to be less impressive.

Artifacts: Manual of Renewal

Leader: Awn. He believes what he preaches, and genuinely wish make make the world a better place for all. He is ambitious in the manner that he wants to help as many as he can.

Magic:
    Awnite Magic: Requires a giver (the mage) and a receiver (typically a mundane). The magic relies on both of them. If the receiver does not believe, and does not want to be helped, they cannot be aided (Not a problem in the case on non-sentients). It is a (light) joining of spirits where the giver's spirit "convinces" the receiver's spirit that they can be better (usually at a specific task) than the receiver really is. In order to avoid permanent mixing of the spirits, the giver has a natural resistance to inward flow. This is why mages get less effect for working on other mages. Since it is hard for most individuals to understand and relate to inanimate objects, such magic has smaller effect. Anthropromorphization of the target tends to help in these cases. Direct contact helps, but is not mandatory. Proximity is required. Anything blocking line of effect makes the magic weaker (but this is a mental block, seeing something in the way make most people see things as separate) Multiple mages can work together on a single target, but it is difficult, and dangerous for the receiver. Vertical chaining is possible but is rarely worth the effort involved.
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2017-05-07 at 05:23 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground

Let me know how this looks. I'm not sure how much room we have to make new things, so I just went all out.

Show

Heritage: The people of Rising Light primarily follow the traditions of the Kingdom of Mereton, though there has been some cultural assimilation from absorbed nomadic groups from the Ajivhan Khaganate. The awoken Simulacra are from a much older time, and follow the cultural norms of the ancient Aurorans.

Territory: Rising Light is centered in the southern regions of the old Kingdom of Mereton. The awoken Runeforge serves as the capital of Rising Light, and the massive, ancient forge complex and its old fortifications have been repaired and added onto. A city has quickly risen up around the fortress, and with Meretonian walls surrounding this capital city, an impressive monument to the newly birthed Rising Light has been born. The surrounding lands are much more rural, used primarily as buffer states against outside incursions and for resource gathering, including a small portion of the northeastern Ajivhan Khaganate's ancestral lands.

History: The origin of the Rising Light is linked with the rediscovery and awakening of the ancient Runeforge in the mountains near the southern lands of the Kingdom of Mereton, directly next to the southeastern edge of the Ajivhan Desert, where few dare venture. One day, a massive beam of light rose into the sky, signalling the awakening of the Runeforge, and the Prophetess Liella strode forth from the ancient complex, bearing a runic staff and bringing with her knowledge of the forgotten past and the enigmatic future.

The Prophetess taught her Chosen the forgotten knowledge of Life Magic, a lost magical art capable of manipulating and enhancing Life itself. With it, her Chosen spread across the land, using their newfound arts to bring health and happiness to the people around them, and soon the nation of Rising Light was born, named after the column of light that signaled the coming of the Prophetess and the awakening of the Runeforge.

With Life Magic, the Chosen were also able to awaken the sleeping Simulacra within the Runeforge, and they quickly began to put their ancient skills to work, and Runeforged arms and armor began to be produced to arm the militia of the Rising Light. Superior equipment combined with old martial tradition, and soon the Rising Light's military arm grew strong enough to protect itself against a hostile world. This promise of safety and security only helped swell the Light's population further, though the neighbors of this newfound nation are likely none too pleased with the sudden ascension of this new power.

Values: As a mix of many different cultures but with a focus on the blessings of the Prophetess, the Rising Light has its own unique brand of values. They value discipline and honor much like the Mereton people, but bonds and intelligence are just as important. The one value that that all hold is faith. Faith in the Prophetess, and the direction that she is taking the nation. It would not be an exaggeration to say that the expectations of the nation itself rest on her small shoulders.

Military: The military of the Rising Light focuses on the superior arms and armor from the Runeforge. The core of its armed forces are its heavily armored infantry. They focus on the use of two-handed halberds, relying on their tough armor and their skirmishing forces to protect them from projectiles. The skirmishers consist of light cavalry armed with javelins, primarily used as a scouting and harassing force, and foot archers armed with Runeforged bows to out-range and out-power any traditional ranged weapon. Finally, all military units are accompanied by a small group of Chosen to heal any injuries, prevent disease from crippling the army, and ensure supplies do not spoil while on the march.

Religion: The faith of the Rising Light is solely towards its Prophetess. Seen almost as the coming of a new deity, faith in her reign is nearly absolute. The awakening of the Runeforge is seen as a herald of her coming and the blessing of the world upon the people of the Rising Light, brought about by the generosity of the Prophetess. The people are well aware of Prophetess Liella's ability to foresee the future, and that the gifts of Life Magic, borne by her Chosen, come from her knowledge of long forgotten arts. Her Chosen serve effectively as priests and priestesses, carrying word from the Prophetess across the nation as needed, and acting as the arm of the Prophetess wherever they go.

Focus: The focus of the Rising Light has been on the fortification and revival of the ancient Runeforge, along with arming its military with powerful Runeforged gear. The training of the Chosen has been of utmost importance to the Prophetess since awakening the Runeforge, bringing Life Magic to her people to improve their health and well-being.

Secrets: The primary secret brought by the Prophetess is that of Life Magic. Life Magic is a long forgotten magical art capable of manipulating life in various ways. Its primary use is curative, healing even the most grevious of wounds and the deadliest of diseases. Its most powerful practitioners can even restore the deceased to life. Given its domain over Life itself, it has great power over the soul, allowing practioners to exorcise roving spirits, ensure the dead stay sleeping, and even fix damage caused by wild magic. Any kind of life can be manipulated in various ways, though Life Magic is always used to enhance, heal, or purify the living. Limited power over nature can allow untamed lands to be brought under control more easily, but Life Magic can't be used to kill or weaken, so axe and muscle are still needed to clear forests and jungles. However, the revival of long dead land is certainly possible, given the motivation and power to do so.

The other secret of the Rising Light is that of Runesmithing. The awakening of the long dormant Simulacra within the Runeforge brought about the revival of this ancient art. While true Rune Magic still remains lost, Runesmithing allows the Runesmiths to forge powerful magical arms and armor, enhanced by the rune-imbued equipment of the Runeforge. While any smith could use the Runeforge and create some kind of empowered item, the Runeforge is a massive complex with many mystical forges, smelters, and other equipment. Only a Runesmith knows which forge has what rune, and what combinations of forges and equipment will provide the desired effect.

Artifacts: The Runeforge. The capital of the Rising Light is built around this artifact, an ancient, massive, sprawling complex of forges, smelters, workshops, housing, and mines all built into a massive mountain located near the Ajivhan Desert. No one is quite certain how the Prophetess brought this complex to life, or even located it, as the few explorers in this region had never even spotted this facility prior to its awakening, despite its size. However, the fact remains that it is here now, and any metal forged here by a Runesmith is guaranteed to be much more powerful than any ordinary metal.

The artifact of the Prophetess herself is the Staff of the Ages. Little is known by others about this blue, rune-covered stave, for the Prophetess keeps its secrets close and the Staff itself is always on her person. In truth, this Staff is the secret behind much of her power. This Staff has the unique ability to manipulate Time itself on a limited scale, and is the reason for the Prophetess' presence in the first place. With this Staff, the Prophetess leapt forward in time, exhausting much of its power but allowing her to appear in the current Age with what knowledge she had of the past. With this, she knew not only the location of the Runeforge, but how to awaken it, and she could share her only knowledge of Life Magic with the people of this Age.

The Staff of the Ages is the secret behind the Prophetess Liella's ability to see the future. It allows her to predict events that will directly impact herself with ease, and with more limited effect, her people. She can even use this to make short hops into the future to avoid unpleasant events, though the Staff can no longer make such a grand jump into the future as it once did, as it lacks the same power as it did in the past.

However, despite its more limited power, it still grants its bearer effective immortality. The Prophetess does not age, her form locked in its ideal prime so long as she carries the Staff. Injuries heal instantly, so long as they would heal at all, as the healing process is accelerated rapidly. While the Staff used to allow the Prophetess to accelerate or slow time for herself at will, this power has been exhausted after using it to awaken the Runeforge in an instant, rather than slowly awakening each portion over time. Still, its use as a divination tool and to remain ageless is still quite potent.

Leader: Prophetess Liella's claim to power comes from two sources: her personal ability as a powerful Life Mage, and her luck in finding the Staff of the Ages in an era long forgotten. With it, she was able to jump far into the future to escape the calamitous Fourth Age. With knowledge of how things used to be back in the Third Age, if not the personal ability to bring back most of those lost wonders, Liella aspires to revive that era of civilization and glory, even with the lack of the Gods.
    Last edited by Nyna; 2017-05-23 at 07:57 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Done for now, is there anything you would like expanded upon?
    Show

Nation Name: The Wings of Awn

Territory: The nation is situated on the inland island in the southeast. It has a thin presence on the coast that surrounds the island. These are mostly trading outposts (For now). There is a single city on the island (Awn), the land surrounding the city is mostly agricultural. The city of Awn is home to the College of Renewal, a magic school created by the first leader of the people. (Awn) The capital originally arose to service the needs of the college, now it is the primary hub of commerce for the nation. It has a natural harbor which serves as the primary port of the island.

History: The story starts in the childhood of the nations first leader Awn. He wanted for little since his father was Lord of the local area, and managed to keep out of conflicts. In one of the sections of the ruined castle in which he resided he found a shelf that had ruined writings, and a single manual in usually good shape. It so happened that Awn happened to have the spark, though he knew it not, and in the moment he touch the manual, he gained the ability to understand it...somewhat. It was a simple manual of plant growth. The state of mind used to form the spell was one of encouragement of the other. He practiced this magic on the garden to reasonably impressive effect.

As time past, and magic became a bit more advanced, the power structure tilted ever in the college's favor. Eventually it came to pass that the college became overwhelming the main power of the land. The original lord's decendants became the Lord Protecters of the Realm, and maintain governership of the provinces, but they bow to the will of the College.

Though Awn himself fathered many children in his travels, he made none of them his Heir. He bequeathed his estate to the college, so that it would always have lands its own.

Values: Generosity, Magic, Knowledge, Growth.
    Social Structure: The first divide is between magic users, and everyone else. Magic users are ordered according to ranking within the college (I will need to figure out what this ranking is based on). Even the lowest magic user is considered above the mundanes (Except for the Lord Protectors). The exception to this are individuals who decide not to pursue and improve the spark. These people are shunned, they represent the rejection of the holy philosophy of Awn.

Of the mundanes, the lords still rule, but are mitigated by the influence of the college and church. Farmer is considered a
    stable occupation as it is supported with magic free of charge. Teaching is considered a holy profession, and is administered by the church. (What do your people value in themselves? What is their social structure? What is their culture like?)

Military: Understanding the military requires understanding the magic of Awn. Awn primarily practices "Improvement Magic". Awn wizards cannot improve themselves very well (For reasons mostly in their head, but partly from magic resistance), but can help others significantly. As the wizards are expected to travel significantly in their efforts to maintain the bounty of the land they are supported by a few well trained companions. When it comes to fighting, the wizard enhances his companions, improving their abilities as a multiplier. This is the actual primary force of Awn, but has never been mobilized (en masse) in an aggressive manner. The territories, may have made use of them a bit in border skirmishes.

The official armies are maintained by the Lord Protectors, Governers of the realm.
    They have small mitlitias which double as the provincial police, but draft as they need in a time of war. They are trained with clubs for policing, and bows for war.

Religion: The holy philosophy of Awn. Maintains that service to others is the greatest moral item. There is a tiered afterlife depending on how well you lived. One of the highest services that can be provided is education, for though you can Help a man for an hour, with knowledge provided, you can keep helping them until they die. Awnites believe less in a god, than a divine mechanism of the universe, Karma but that balances in the afterlife. One sect believes that the principle applies in the world of the living.

Focus: Agriculture, Magic.

Artifacts: Aside from the Manual of Renewal (Considered a holy relic at this point)

Leader:
    Is elected by the senior council of mages. There are no hard term limits, just social limits, and the tolerance of the council. In a time of war this leader gains supreme power for 2 years, or until the end of the conflict.
    The current Principal is Travvel Ancaster. He came to his power (magic) late, and grew up in the church.
    Your sheet's fine.

The only thing I think I'd apply to it or want to change on it, as you're playing with magic would be an explanation for the magic. It sounds quite a bit like genning in its nature (I think. Maybe a variation upon it, or a milder example of what it was capable of if I'm reading your explanation correctly), as an explanation if it would it be alright with the general state of things if they're descendants of Genners tapping back into it through wild magic/having warped genner sparks in them activated by contact with the manual?

I'd also like the two of you (the second being Nyna) to work out how similar your two magics are, and their differences if you could. With the two of you submitting what in my eyes appears to be something akin to genning (as far as I can tell), being neighbours, and both being mage run it should be something discussed or examined by you two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyna View Post
    Let me know how this looks. I'm not sure how much room we have to make new things, so I just went all out.

Show

The other secret of the Rising Light is that of Runesmithing. The awakening of the long dormant Simulacra within the Runeforge brought about the revival of this ancient art. While true Rune Magic still remains lost, Runesmithing allows the Runesmiths to forge powerful magical arms and armor, enhanced with various runes through the Runeforge. While any smith could use the Runeforge and create some kind of rune-imbued item, the Runeforge is a massive complex with many mystical forges, smelters, and other equipment. Only a Runesmith knows which forge will provide which rune, and what combinations of runes will provide the desired effect.

Your sheet I'm going to attempt to sort out my opinions of tonight.

Some things that occur to me right now at a glance.

The Ajivhan Khaganate (the capital/nation/more organized version) is currently in alliance with Southern Mereton to defend it against the Khaloric Swarm with a Khaganian army currently sitting on its Southern Border between the Khaganate and Mereton. How that would be resolved or developed upon would be up to you if you're accepted.

The time travel/manipulation isn't something I can accept due to its implications. Your leader being able to skip forward in some way is acceptable (with the consequences of such), as is mild prophetic abilities, and agelessness as it has been taken by others. The ability to go backwards as I assume you can with what you've written however could break things, not only mechanically but world wise. Unless of course it's simply moving forward, that's something easier to deal with but something I'd still need to think about if you pushed it forward.

The runeforge I could accept either as a factory or cache, but producing new runes currently is something off the table due to their nature. I think you understand how they work based on what I read in there but due to their nature new ones cannot be produced, they were something directly tied to Gangari and were more divine than arcane in nature. I've already vetoed it for another player.

The life magic is something I need to consider. It sounds like genning to me. Read the bit below Novabombs sheet in regards to his magic, and yours. It's something I'd need to consider, and as it stands we have a nation with a genning artifact, a nation with a genner leader, and if novabomb is accepted a nation of genners. If you limit it to healing, it could be complementary to Novabombs enhancement magic and tied to a cult of healing genners that existed in the third age if handled well. Would the life magic be something possessed by your leader or something shared amongst members of your nation?

The Auroran Simulacra are also something I need to consider. While not impossible, and it's actually likely that Aurorans would become Simulacra. They're less likely to be Auroran Aurorans, and more likely to be Gangari worshipers. By ancient Auroran values, and I ask this because there's a distinction, do you mean the Industrial Aurorans before the war which had relatively forward values and had cast off things such as slavery? or Aurora before the gods came which was effectively Rome? Both for my own thinking and so I can give you a sense of the world as it was before.

If any of this is reading a bit odd or repeated, it's due to a lack of sleep.
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2017-05-04 at 08:23 PM.