Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Bill

    Bill loses interest in the book when he realises it's written in goblin. He wanders over to Dorn.
    That's a lot of mushrooms. Some of them look poisonous though, don't they?

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Haluid

    "Nice doggy, ye dinnae wanna eat me de ye?" Haluid backs away from the wolf, keeping his eyes on it and his hand on his ax.

    Spoiler: roll to persuade the wolf not eat Haluid
    Show
    (1d10)[7]

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Engan

    "That's better isn't it sheepies?" Engan stroked one of the sheep, then remembered Grim had asked him to make torches, and set off to work on that.

    Spoiler: roll for torch making
    Show
    (1d10)[2]

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Bodil

    Bodil continues in his attempts to make a torch.

    Spoiler: roll for torch making
    Show
    (1d10)[8]

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iceseer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wizard's Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Grolgrod

    Grolgrod takes out his hammer and makes a swinging motion to try and see if this wolf is more dog than beast. Then pretends to throw it while putting it back on him.

    Spoiler: roll
    Show

    Bluff
    (1d10)[1]
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-26 at 05:20 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    GMT
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    With their powers combined, the two dwarves convince the wolf to ignore Haluid. It lunges at Grolgrod and knocks him to the ground with a painful whack as his head hits the floor. He does not have long to feel sorry for himself, though, because he can only just in time let go of his hammer so as not to lose his fingers as the beast's powerful jaws close around the handle. The growling and the teeth are right next to his face...

    Spoiler: Haluid
    Show
    You can now see how far the chain goes. If you abandon Grolgrod and run, the wolf can't follow you.
    Spoiler: Other Players
    Show
    The DC to hear the fight is 10 if you're in the bedroom, 15 if you're outside.
    Spoiler: Torch making
    Show
    So one of you has a suitable branch, another has managed to cut a strip of furs from the bedding, and if you combine your efforts you'll end up with one makeshift torch, which is better than nothing. Life would've been so much easier if you'd stuck with the Dwarf with the lantern, but noooo...
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    The cleric was walking through a forest when he heard a loud explosion. Upon investigation, he quickly uncovered the ruins of a large tower he couldn't remember seeing there before. He decided to search the rubble for anything worth looting. At that point, I told the wizard to start rolling to see if he would stabilise.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (d20)[16]



    Spoiler: roll
    Show
    (d20)[4]

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Haluid

    Haluid decided that he'd have a better chance of getting some gold with Golgrod still alive, and attempted to mine for wolf brains. "Get lost ya flea bitten mutt!"

    Spoiler: attack rolls
    Show
    (1d20)[11]
    Dwarven bonus: (1d14)[3]

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Bodil

    Failing to hear any sounds of combat, Bodil took his strip of bedding and headed outside to find a branch to tie it to.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If Bodil bumps into Grim, he will happily combine their efforts, if not roll for torch making: (1d10)[4]

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Engan

    Blissfully unaware of anything that is happening, Engan continued in his attempts to make a torch.

    Spoiler: roll for torch making
    Show
    (1d10)[4]

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Bill

    Spoiler: Listen check
    Show

    Roll to hear the fight: (1d20)[10]


    Bill hears the dwarf's shouts and rushes out of the room, drawing his cutlass. He sees the wolf bearing down on Grolgrod and prepares to leap forward and slash at it with his weapon.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    If the wolf survives Haluid's blow, Bill steps up and lunges for it.

    Last edited by Aardvark 001; 2017-04-27 at 02:43 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Grim

    Spoiler: Listen check
    Show

    Roll to hear the fight: (1d20)[6]


    Grim remains blissfully unaware of the events inside. Having found some branches to use, he starts to go back in. As he goes in he sees Bodil walking out with the furs.

    Well done lad. Let's put it together and get back to the others.
    Last edited by Aardvark 001; 2017-04-27 at 02:49 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Bodil

    "Alright." Bodil hands the strip of bedding to Grim.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    GMT
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    The first torch gets made, and all that rests now is to light it in the fire pit. Huzzah!

    Meanwhile, Haluid hits the wolf on the head, but doesn't manage to hurt the animal beyond a small gash. This is more than sufficient to gain its full attention, however. The beast lets go of Grolgrods hammer (which hits the poor dwarf right on the nose), clenches his jaw around Haluid's arm and drags him back towards the corner.

    Spoiler: Grolgrod
    Show
    You're a free Dwarf once more, and now face the same dilemma Haluid had last round. Do you abandon him to his fate, or do you attack the wolf?
    Spoiler: BTW
    Show
    If either of you shout for help, it'll lower the DC for the others to hear the fight by 5. Of course, your allies mightn't be the only ones within hearing range...
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2017-04-29 at 02:59 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    The cleric was walking through a forest when he heard a loud explosion. Upon investigation, he quickly uncovered the ruins of a large tower he couldn't remember seeing there before. He decided to search the rubble for anything worth looting. At that point, I told the wizard to start rolling to see if he would stabilise.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iceseer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wizard's Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Grolgrod


    Grolgrod with the hammer now in hand uses it to bash the wolf that just attacked him. For as the impunity of the wolf knew no bounds he shall see boundless rage.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    (1d20)[18]
    [Roll]1d14[/roll]
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-29 at 03:18 PM.
    thanks for linkele for my avatar

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Haluid

    "Leggo o' me ye mangy cur!" Haluid yelled, as he attempted to strike the wolf with his free hand.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d14)[14]

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Bodil

    Bodil headed back to the bedroom, to see if anything useful has been discovered.
    Last edited by plenty; 2017-04-30 at 03:55 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Engan

    Realizing Grim and Bodil have assembled a torch, Engan abandoned his pile of twigs and wandered into the cave.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Grim

    Grim goes inside carrying the newly made torch. He singles through the dark to the bed room and lights it. He looks around at the suddenly brightened chamber.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Bill

    The halfling leaps forward, slashing at the wolf with his cutlass.

    Spoiler: Attack roll
    Show

    (1d20)[2]

    Just cannot roll high here can I?
    Last edited by Aardvark 001; 2017-04-30 at 01:11 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Hearing the sound of the fight,


    shouts:
    Someone's fighting!,
    and heads in the direction of the sounds as far as he can see.





    Keeps close to where the greatest number of people are at.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    GMT
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    The wolf yelps as Grolgrod's hammer lands heavily on its head. Blood starts to trickle down between its eyes and it retreats as far as it can into the corner to which it is chained, leaving an injured Haluid behind. It has nowhere else to go, and all present realise the danger of the situation: wounded animals that cannot flee attack with desperate ferocity, and this wolf was already vicious to start with.

    The bleeding wolf is not your biggest worry, however. Your biggest worry is the shambling sound of a large bipedal mass making its way towards you. A guttural voice like an approaching storm accompanies the approach, and although most of you can't understand what it says, you all recognise that vibe of "I've just been woken up and I didn't want to be".

    Spoiler: Do any of you speak Giant?
    Show
    "Alright, alright, Fuzzy, I'll be right there and we'll make us some nice sheep. Let me just quickly get a beer first, ok?"
    Spoiler: Haluid
    Show
    You are wounded and cannot use your arm. In game terms, you are down to 1hp.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    The cleric was walking through a forest when he heard a loud explosion. Upon investigation, he quickly uncovered the ruins of a large tower he couldn't remember seeing there before. He decided to search the rubble for anything worth looting. At that point, I told the wizard to start rolling to see if he would stabilise.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance


    stands ready with his pitchfork.





    Gets behind Drake and anyone else he can!

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Bill

    The halfling melts into the shadows, hoping to get a good strike at the giant as he rounds the corner.


    Grim

    Grim curses and throws his torch into the other room so it doesn't make the giant suspicious. He takes the tabs he was using to make the torch and throws them over the giant's pet in an attempt to cover up the fact that it's wounded.
    Last edited by Aardvark 001; 2017-05-21 at 04:47 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skulltop Hill, Front Entrance

    Haluid

    Haluid dropped his hammer and moved to the back of the group, dragging his coal sack behind him. As he went he pointed out where the wolf's chain would reach to. "Da mutt can get ya if ye stand closer dan 'bout dere. Ah'd stay back if Ah were ye

    Bodil

    Bodil rushed in, and drew his sword. Assuming himself to be the most experienced fighter, he stood near the front.

    Engan

    Engan wandered in, and seeing everyone else preparing to fight, attempted to hold his shovel threateningly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •