Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Don't Look Back OOC

This is the OOC for Don't Look Back, a HSHC game set in America's Harvard University of not too far from today.

I will be adding information here and to the next post as I go along. Please repost your character sheets.

And while I prepare the IC, here is the Opening Theme for the series.

Oh, and please, if you haven't already, list your program of study and which year you are (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior)

Player Name Character Name VP
    Iceseer Anna Vanhorn 7
    Esprit Victor Declan 5
    Illven Lissa Delacroix 11
    danielxcutter Jennifer Smith 4
    Kartoffelbrein Susan Sarandon 8
    ElFi Zack Gofman 4
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2017-10-03 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Updated to Episode 1 End

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Don't Look Back OOC

(This post reserved for future Use)

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I will speak in red and I'm a Sophomore in a Master of literature and minor for folklore and mythology. I am on every single team that the protagonist is on. I'm not that good at any of them but I need to be on there to be close to her as much as possible and find my other rivals.

Spoiler: Anna Vanhorn
    Show

archetypes: Yandere and Bokukko
    strength: Allure
    Weakness: Luck
    advantages: Outdoorswoman: You've got a passion for some combination of camping, hiking, and hunting. +2 on Skill rolls involving outdoorsy activities and survivalism.
    Boyish Charm: You naturally look good in men’s clothes, though there’s also a certain appeal to seeing you dressed up femininely as a rare change now and then. +2 on Allure rolls while wearing an outfit that could be described as “masculine” or "really feminine."
    Armed and dangerous: You’re frighteningly good at improvising weapons from your surroundings. +1 on Conflict rolls when you have access to an improvised weapon (broken bottles, baseball bats, folding chairs, et cetera) and +2 on Conflict rolls when you have access to a particularly scary weapon
    Murderous Love: Your dangerously obsessive devotion is your charm. Twice per episode, you can substitute a Conflict roll for an Allure roll.
    Stalker: You’ll never let him out of your sight. +2 on Luck rolls involving running into the protagonist in a startling place
    Down and dirty: Like any good tomboy, you don’t hesitate to get back up after you get scuffed up a bit playing around. Twice per episode, you may take a modifier on any roll equal to the margin by which you failed your previous roll.
    Quirk:Gorgeous Gi: There's something stunning about the sight of your well-toned body in your training uniform. +2 on Allure rolls while wearing martial arts uniforms or equipment.

Wearing a martial art uniform is masculine right?
    A girl age 20 who dressed in a martial art uniform to look more like a guy. She has become obsessed with senpai and will do anything in her power to have her. So what if she's locked in a cage? Although crazy she is exceptionally alluring. The thing is she can easily hide her craziness around the other people to keep them from stopping her from her obsession

Spoiler: image
    Show

Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-28 at 04:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Major in Economics, Minor in Business
    Spoiler: Victor Declan
    Show
    Archetypes: Iinchou "Ojou"

Strong skill: Skill
    Weak skill: Luck

Spoiler: Advantages
    Show

Old Friends (Quirk): You have less romantic distance to cover since you already know the protagonist well. You begin every episode with a small sum of extra VP determined by the GM.

Dazzling Display: You can disorient the other students by flashing them more riches than they’ll ever see again in their lives. Twice per episode, you can force any other students attempting a roll in the same scene to roll twice and take the lower result. "Contingency Plan" nullifies this effect if used in the same scene.

School Queen King: Your sense of style and daily arrival in a limousine makes you a god to the student body at large. +2 on rolls involving NPC students other than the protagonist.

Connections: You have a good reputation with the teachers and staff around the school, and you project an aura of reliability that any higher-ups can respect. +2 on rolls involving teachers or other authority figures.

Overachiever: You won't back down from any challenge to your academic prowess. +1 on opposed Skill rolls.

Renaissance Lady Man: Why solve things like a commoner when you have so many elegant options at your disposal? +1 on Skill rolls if you had the option of using another roll type instead.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Name: Victor Declan

Oh hey, didn't expect to see you here! I mean, not in that way, but... A college like this is spendy for most people, you know?

Sex: M
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Dirty Blond

Spoiler: Friends named
    Show
    Joe Anholtz, 25, Economics - Sophomore student , but started college a little later than others due to unspecified, personal reasons. Worked as a bouncer after leaving high school. Nobody is quite sure how he made it into Harvard of all places.

Mike Black, 19, Physics - Sophomore student, and one of the first people Victor made friends with here. Appears to have a crush on Jessica. Very much still the class clown type of guy.

Will James, 20, Government - A junior in Victor's friend group. Is not around as often now due to his relationship with Laura souring. Tended to avoid parties due to his choice of major and not wanting anything to catch up with him later in life.

Laura Martinez, 19, Music & Philosphy - A sophomore, Laura was the second person to make friends with Victor in college. Dated Will for most of her freshman year, but broke up with him over personalities clashing. Is commonly the one who is consulted about girl problems within the group.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2017-08-01 at 06:12 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    Sophomore in a degree for folklore and mythology

I will speak in red
    Please add your sheet to your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Major in Economics, Minor in Business
    Spoiler: Victor Declan
    Show
    Archetypes: Iinchou "Ojou"

Strong skill: Skill
    Weak skill: Luck

Spoiler: Advantages
    Show

Old Friends (Quirk): You have less romantic distance to cover since you already know the protagonist well. You begin every episode with a small sum of extra VP determined by the GM.

Dazzling Display: You can disorient the other girls by flashing them more riches than they’ll ever see again in their lives. Twice per episode, you can force any other girls attempting a roll in the same scene to roll twice and take the lower result. "Contingency Plan" nullifies this effect if used in the same scene.

School Queen King: Your sense of style and daily arrival in a limousine makes you a goddess to the guys of the student body at large. +2 on rolls involving NPC students other than the protagonist.

Connections: You have a good reputation with the teachers and staff around the school, and you project an aura of reliability that any higher-ups can respect. +2 on rolls involving teachers or other authority figures.

Overachiever: You won't back down from any challenge to your academic prowess. +1 on opposed Skill rolls.

Renaissance Lady Man: Why solve things like a commoner when you have so many elegant options at your disposal? +1 on Skill rolls if you had the option of using another roll type instead.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Name: Victor Declan

Oh hey, didn't expect to see you here! I mean, not in that way, but... A college like this is spendy for most people, you know?

Sex: M
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Dirty Blond
    You know, as I skim this, you may want to change the text inside your advantages for the male gender as well. School King, in particular. You know, unless Victor likes appearing as a Goddess. I don't judge.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #6

kay fixed it had to do something for a minute and decided to post it to not forget about it.
    thanks for linkele for my avatar

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Lissa will speak in green.

Name Lissa Delacroix

Age 19
    Height 5'03
    Weight 120 lbs
    Hair Black
    Eyes Blue

Spoiler
    Show

Archetype Ojou/Martial artist

Strong skill
    Weak Luck

Dazzling Display: You can disorient the other girls by flashing them more riches than they’ll ever see again in their lives. Twice per episode, you can force any other girls attempting a roll in the same scene to roll twice and take the lower result. "Contingency Plan" nullifies this effect if used in the same scene.

School Queen: Your sense of style and daily arrival in a limousine makes you a goddess to the guys of the student body at large. +2 on rolls involving NPC students other than the protagonist.

Graceful: You’re far too dignified to suffer embarrassing slip-ups and random mistakes. Twice per episode, you may substitute a value of 4 for any d6 roll.

Gorgeous Gi: There's something stunning about the sight of your well-toned body in your training uniform. +2 on Allure rolls while wearing martial arts uniforms or equipment.

Warrior's Way: With years of martial arts training behind you, you're practically a walking weapon when you need to be. +2 on Conflict rolls involving physical conflict.

Heir to the Dojo: All the regulars back at the dojo just love to dote on the master's daughter, even if it means intruding a bit on her love life. Daddy "Respectable" business friends have plenty of strings to pull upon when you need help. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed roll as a success if having other people assist you would be helpful.

Fearsome Reputation: Your violent past is the stuff of legends, and just the thought of drawing your ire is enough to make most people quake in their boots. People that oppose you have a habit of .... "disappearing" +2 on Conflict rolls involving fear or intimidation.

Major Law. Minor Business.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-05-01 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Here's Jenny! She'll speak in violet.

Spoiler: Jennifer
    Show
    Name: Jennifer Smith

Archetypes: Genki and Sports Star(soccer)

Strength: Skill

Weakness: Luck

Advantages:

-Second Wind

No matter how hard you get knocked down, you have the will to get back up and stay in the game. Twice per episode, you may apply a bonus on any roll equal in magnitude to the sum of all negative modifiers applied to your previous roll.

-Overclock

You can summon up even more energy than normal at times, but you tend to burn out afterwards. Twice per episode, you can take +2 on any roll, but you take -2 on the next roll you make. You cannot use Overclock on the roll penalized by your first use of it. You may use Hypercharged and Overclock in the same scene; doing so allows you to make both rolls at no penalty, requires both uses of Overclock, and imposes -4 on your roll in the next scene. Whew!

-Hypercharged

You’ve got the energy of two people crammed into one body. Twice per episode, in a scene where there are multiple options to choose from, you can take two options at once. You take -2 on both rolls and get the results of both options. If both options lead to the same goal, you take the better of the two results.

-Do Your Best

You believe in inspiring yourself and others to pursue their individual talents, whatever they might be. Twice per episode, you may grant an additional +2 bonus to all girls using their strong roll (including yourself).

-Morning Person

You jump out of bed with boundless energy while others are still groggily waking up. +2 on Allure rolls before school or in the early morning on non-school days.

-Self Improvement

If there's something you've learned from your training, it's that any failing or weakness can be corrected with hard work and determination. Three times per episode, you may take +1 on your weak roll.

Quirk: Genre Savvy

You’ve watched enough harem anime to know where this is going… you don’t just stumble into unexpectedly romantic situations, you plan them. Twice per episode, you may substitute a Skill roll for a Luck roll.
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Extended signature here.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Susan will speak in Teal and she is a sophomore in Computer Science.
    Spoiler: Susan Sarandon
    Show

Name: Susan Sarandon
    Archetypes: Meganekko Otaku
    Weakness: Conflict
    Advantages:

Amateur Novelist: You’re just waiting for your big break on those light novels you write and illustrate as a hobby. +2 on Skill rolls involving writing or drawing.
    Contingency Plan: You always keep an extra option up your sleeve in case something randomly goes wrong with Plan A. Twice per episode, when making a roll, you may roll twice and take the higher result. [][]
    Cosplay Enthusiast: You have a painstaking eye for detail that complements your love of cosplay. +2 on Skill rolls involving crafting disguises or costumes, and +2 on Allure rolls while dressed in cosplay.
    Foresight: When you’re able to correctly guess the results of your own actions, you can capitalize even on the worst of situations. Twice per episode, when making a roll, you may guess whether the result of your d6 will be even or odd. If you guess correctly, the result is counted as a 6. [][]
    Genre Savvy: You’ve watched enough harem anime to know where this is going… you don’t just stumble into unexpectedly romantic situations, you plan them. Twice per episode, you may substitute a Skill roll for a Luck roll. [-][]
    Honor Student: You’re intelligent and naturally talented at schoolwork. +2 on Skill rolls involving logic, puzzles, or academics.

Quirk:
    Keen Eye: You’re always on the lookout for the next big story. +2 on Skill rolls involving perception or research.
    Last edited by Konatsat; 2017-05-04 at 01:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. Enough of you have checked in.

Here is the IC thread.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #11

Can I ask what type of roll it is?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

It's all right in here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Spoiler: Scene 1
    Show
    Uniform advantages: No.

Opposed Luck, top two rolls gain 2 VP.
    Edit: I will be making all rolls for the game, unless I say otherwise. Please just post your applied modifiers and when everyone has made their post I will make the roll.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2017-04-28 at 11:46 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #13

Yes it's a luck roll but for what meeting the protagonist? Becoming a deity? Getting the right cup of coffee from the coffee stand?
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-28 at 12:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Planetar

Nevermind, I won't apply any modifiers for this scene.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Konatsat; 2017-04-28 at 12:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    Yes it's a luck roll but for what meeting the protagonist? Becoming a deity? Getting the right cup of coffee from the coffee stand?
    Considering I am putting Victory Points on the line, you can assume it has something to do with the protagonist. If the reward is ever anything else, I will specify what exactly the reward is in my roll description spoiler.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

The thing is, Luck advantages frequently need to know what the roll is for. If it's finding something, one of them may trigger. If it's bumping into the protagonist, another may. If it's to survive tumbling down the stairs, a third could trigger.

Show

17. - Top - End - #17

RedWizardGuy

Zack will speak in turquoise.

Name: Zack Gofman

Archetypes: Shrinking Violet and School Journalist

Weakness: Conflict

Advantages: Quiet Patience, Vulnerable, Head Author, Snoop, Natural Swimmer, Keen Eye

Quirk: Stay Cool

Bio: Majoring in veterinary science. Is on the swim team and school newspaper.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    The thing is, Luck advantages frequently need to know what the roll is for. If it's finding something, one of them may trigger. If it's bumping into the protagonist, another may. If it's to survive tumbling down the stairs, a third could trigger.
    Oh, I see. Yeah, for this roll don't worry about, I'll handle the making the results make sense part. Just apply all the advantages you think are relevant. And I'll be more specific about the scene in the future. But for this roll, it's more or less who happens to be there first, Hence the luck.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Here's the roll:

Lissa: (1d6-1)[4]
    Anna: (1d6+1)[6]
    Susan: (1d6)[6]
    Victor: (1d6+3)[4]
    Zack: (1d6+2)[4]
    Jenny: (1d6+1)[6]

First roll of the game, and there is a three way tie. Interesting.

So, Anna, Susan, and Jenny will all gain the 2 VP.

IC soon.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2017-04-28 at 09:00 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Here's the roll:

Lissa: [roll0]
    Anna: [roll1]
    Susan: [roll2]
    Victor: [roll3]
    Zack: [roll4]
    Jenny: [roll5]

First roll of the game, and there is a three way tie. Interesting.

So, Anna, Susan, and Jenny will all gain the 2 VP.

IC soon.
    Yup, totally knew that Genre Savvy would be useful. Honestly, I didn't expect it to be this useful, this fast though.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Extended signature here.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Housing status, everybody? Dorms, or off campus?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Dorm for Jenny. Why not?

Extended signature here.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Colossus in the Playground

Housing status, everybody? Dorms, or off campus?
    Dorms of course.

Feel free to craft my roomate as you see fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

24. - Top - End - #24

Planetar

Dorms for me too.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

On campus. Better way to make connections.

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Dorms just got on again after sleeping my night away. No wait I'll live in a cabin in the woods.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-29 at 09:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

RedWizardGuy

Dorms. Maybe Zack and Victor could be roommates? It would help being that they're the only two male characters.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ElFi View Post
    Dorms. Maybe Zack and Victor could be roommates? It would help being that they're the only two male characters.
    Works for me.

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Everybody ready for me to move to the next scene?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

I'm good to go.

Show