Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Don't Look Back IC

The end of summer brings with it the winds of change, and the lazy late summer days gone, so begins the return to the endless studies of academia.

As the auspicious (or inauspicious, depending on how you view education) days of the start of term begin, you find yourselves, for one reason or another, in the Student Union. This massive building houses one of the many eateries, as well as a massive computer lab, and the general bookstore. There are several meeting rooms, and a conference hall, and today, it is the focus of Freshman orienteering. Here, new students are given their room assignments, and every half hour, a volunteer from the student government helps a small group of freshmen find their dormitories and gives a brief tour of some of the main halls where their classes will be.

As you go about your business, there appears to be some kind of commotion outside, though not all of you are in a position to see what it is.

Spoiler: Scene 1
    Show
    Uniform advantages: No.

Opposed Luck, top two rolls gain 2 VP.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Don't Look Back IC

As Lissa tried to look at what the commotion was, her "aide" stood between her and the commotion in general.

Hey, I want to see what's going on! Lissa complained.

"I'm sorry, Lissa I can't let you do that." He said keeping on high alert.

Spoiler
    Show

Weak Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anna had headphones in and so was barely aware that a commotion happened. She was listening to metal it wasn't her favorite but someone stole her favorite music. That person was going to pay for what they did as soon as she found him. So she went about her business. I think I'll get some pizza. Thinking a supreme pizza with no mushrooms. Thank god I have enough scholarships to be here with any food i want to eat the others didn't have a chance and I'm sure they regretted ever applying for them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Weak luck
    Only luck affecting trait as I don't know what this is.
    +2 on Luck rolls involving running into the protagonist in a startling place.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-28 at 12:33 PM.
    thanks for linkele for my avatar

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Susan had been working in the Computer Lab when she was alerted to several loud noises outside. Hoping that no one was hurt, she rushed to the scene to see what had happened and if she had the capacity to help.
    Last edited by Konatsat; 2017-04-28 at 12:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

When whatever was going on outside began, Victor was simply sitting in the lounge with some of his friends, chatting about the events of summer. A quick message to the group chat from Joe however gets everyone's attention.

Hey everyone, you might want to come outside...

Some more specificity would have been nice, but the small group of friends head outside to see what Joe was talking about. It's too early in the year for any sort of event, which ruled out most things. Was it something bad? Victor tells one of the others to shoot a message back and to keep an eye on their stuff while the rest of them went to check things out.

"Excuse me, pardon me," Victor says, waving a few of his fellow students out of the way. It was the worst kept secret that the Declan family had made a major donation to the university (even by Harvard standards) that had funded additional equipment and faculty for several of the departments, and while Victor tried to not revel in his family's ability to make life easier, he certainly wasn't above using said influence and name to... encourage a desirable outcome.

As the grouping of people becomes more clustered and harder for everyone to move past, Victor gives up on finding Joe in the crowd. Instead, he looks around for someone who had a better sense of what was going on, maybe campus police, or an RA, or a residence life worker. "What's all the commotion about?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luck (-1), Connections (+2), School King (+2)

Regardless of success, Old Friends
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2017-04-28 at 05:19 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #6

RedWizardGuy

Why am I doing this. Why am I doing this. Why am I doing this.

Even though summer was nigh-over and the temperature in the air had cooled significantly, Zack was still sweating. Freshman orientation was in full swing here at the university, and for whatever bone-headed reason he'd volunteered to work in the information kiosk, passing out pamphlets and answering trivia questions to confused freshmen. Which meant sitting in the middle of a big crowd and smiling continuously until his face hurt and answering a lot of questions that terrified him because he just knew that sooner or later one was going to come up that he wouldn't have the answer for and gaaaaaahhhhh.

"When does the next tour group leave?" "Sh-should be in the next ten minutes or so, sir."

"Could you point me to the dorms?" "The way's a little complicated, but, um, here's a map. Er, take two, we have plenty."

"Excuse me, could you tell me what's going on outside?" "What do you mean?"

Spoiler: Modifiers
    Show
    +2 on Luck rolls for running into the protagonist.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny was never one for staying still, especially during such a commotion.

"Huh? Hey, what happened?"

Suddenly, a random thought passed through her mind.

What are the odds of that... then again, it can't hurt.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Luck, a weak roll... but I use Genre Savvy to exchange that for a Skill roll!
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Extended signature here.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    Anna had headphones in and so was barely aware that a commotion happened. She was listening to metal it wasn't her favorite but someone stole her favorite music. That person was going to pay for what they did as soon as she found him. So she went about her business. I think I'll get some pizza. Thinking a supreme pizza with no mushrooms. Thank god I have enough scholarships to be here with any food i want to eat the others didn't have a chance and I'm sure they regretted ever applying for them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Weak luck
    Only luck affecting trait as I don't know what this is.
    +2 on Luck rolls involving running into the protagonist in a startling place.
    Walking through the parking lot, with the metal music I her ears, she didn't hear the van, even though it was backfiring and sputtering and then it stalled out as it managed to stop in a parking spot. As the engine died, it let out one more mighty bang, and smoke poured from the engine, which was probably now dead. Not able to see anything through the smoke, you hear the door squeal as it opened, and you hear the metal groan as it was shut with more than just a little force. As the smoke begins to clear, you can just make out the outline of someone in the smoke, and then fanning hands blow away enough smoke to get a glimpse of a girl trying to find the release for the engine compartment in the rear of the van.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrein View Post
    Susan had been working in the Computer Lab when she was alerted to several loud noises outside. Hoping that no one was hurt, she rushed to the scene to see what had happened and if she had the capacity to help.
    Een though she didn't know what was going on, Susan arrived before a massive crowd poured out of the union. Apparently a vehicle had broken down, because a large gout of black smoke was pouring up into the sky. As you hurry to the scene, you arrive in time to see a young woman tring to wave smoke away from the rear of the van, and another girl is standing nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Jenny was never one for staying still, especially during such a commotion.

"Huh? Hey, what happened?"

Suddenly, a random thought passed through her mind.

What are the odds of that... then again, it can't hurt.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Luck, a weak roll... but I use Genre Savvy to exchange that for a Skill roll!
    There are a lot of great series where the protagonist just appears out of nowhere on a clear, cloudless day.

Today is one of those days.

As smoke begins to clear from the rear of a broken down old VW van, you see a red-headed girl, wearing a faded old Batman T-shirt, what appears to be military combat uniform jacket tied around her waist, sporting jeans and genuine combat boots. The boots are untied, hanging open, and to complete her look, you see the trailing edge of what looks like a tattoo on her upper arm. And the way the smoke just parted, perfectly circular to give you this view? It can't be simple coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    As Lissa tried to look at what the commotion was, her "aide" stood between her and the commotion in general.

Hey, I want to see what's going on! Lissa complained.

"I'm sorry, Lissa I can't let you do that." He said keeping on high alert.

Spoiler
    Show

Weak Luck.
    Try as he might, Lissa's guard couldn't keep her from finding out what was going on, though, he did push her to the side when what sounded like three short barks of a gun went off. But the chatter came through the crowd. Just a van breaking down. Nothing that exciting.

With the full respect a man in his position gives his charge, the guard reaches a hand down to help Lissa back to her feet, expressing his concern for her well being. After all, the backfire may have been planned, and he checked to make sure she really was alright. Over his shoulder, Lissa could see a column of smoke, marking the spot where the "exploded van" was.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    When whatever was going on outside began, Victor was simply sitting in the lounge with some of his friends, chatting about the events of summer. A quick message to the group chat from Joe however gets everyone's attention.

Hey everyone, you might want to come outside...

Some more specificity would have been nice, but the small group of friends head outside to see what Joe was talking about. It's too early in the year for any sort of event, which ruled out most things. Was it something bad? Victor tells one of the others to shoot a message back and to keep an eye on their stuff while the rest of them went to check things out.

"Excuse me, pardon me," Victor says, waving a few of his fellow students out of the way. It was the worst kept secret that the Declan family had made a major donation to the university (even by Harvard standards) that had funded additional equipment and faculty for several of the departments, and while Victor tried to not revel in his family's ability to make life easier, he certainly wasn't above using said influence and name to... encourage a desirable outcome.

As the grouping of people becomes more clustered and harder for everyone to move past, Victor gives up on finding Joe in the crowd. Instead, he looks around for someone who had a better sense of what was going on, maybe campus police, or an RA, or a residence life worker. "What's all the commotion about?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luck (-1), Connections (+2), School King (+2)

Regardless of success, Old Friends
    With the massive press of students around him, as well as one frantic looking sales clerk, Victor was not able to make much headway.

The clerk calls over to him. "Hey, everything's alright. Just a van breaking down. No one's hurt."

Of course, there is still that cloud of smoke...

Quote Originally Posted by ElFi View Post
    Why am I doing this. Why am I doing this. Why am I doing this.

Even though summer was nigh-over and the temperature in the air had cooled significantly, Zack was still sweating. Freshman orientation was in full swing here at the university, and for whatever bone-headed reason he'd volunteered to work in the information kiosk, passing out pamphlets and answering trivia questions to confused freshmen. Which meant sitting in the middle of a big crowd and smiling continuously until his face hurt and answering a lot of questions that terrified him because he just knew that sooner or later one was going to come up that he wouldn't have the answer for and gaaaaaahhhhh.

"When does the next tour group leave?" "Sh-should be in the next ten minutes or so, sir."

"Could you point me to the dorms?" "The way's a little complicated, but, um, here's a map. Er, take two, we have plenty."

"Excuse me, could you tell me what's going on outside?" "What do you mean?"

Spoiler: Modifiers
    Show
    +2 on Luck rolls for running into the protagonist.
    "I mean, there's something going on outside."

As you get up to go see for yourself, it looks like people are starting to come inside. Some of them are muttering about damage to the environment, and how that unsightly heap looks next to all the sparkling BMWs and Audis.

And then, outside the large glass entryway, above the heads of everyone, you can see the small plume of smoke. Ostensibly, the vehicle damaging the environment.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #9

Oh ****! Lissa replied wincing as she realized that wasn't really ladylike.

Accepting the proffered hand, Lissa smiled brightly.

Are you okay? She asks him, giving an appraising eye.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Jenny went up to the girl and started running her famed "motor mouth".

"Oh, heya, I'm Jenny! What's your name? Do you need help? Are those real combat boots? Can I see your tattoo?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Extended signature here.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Oh ****! Lissa replied wincing as she realized that wasn't really ladylike.

Accepting the proffered hand, Lissa smiled brightly.

Are you okay? She asks him, giving an appraising eye.
    "Yes, ma'am." The man looks around. "Shall we go? We still have to get you settled in."

Jenny went up to the girl and started running her famed "motor mouth".

"Oh, heya, I'm Jenny! What's your name? Do you need help? Are those real combat boots? Can I see your tattoo?
    As Jenny approaches, Jenny sees the girl's shoulders slump.

At least it got me here.... Looks like it won't be going anywhere anytime soon though... She lets the over to the engine compartment close, then gives at a good shove to get it to latch in place. Then she realizes she is being addressed and turns to look up at her. Jenny sees that the girl has dazzling, bright green eyes. She seems to stumble over her words as she tries to keep up with your questions.

Huh? I- Well.. I don't...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #12

Of course. Lissa replied with a small curtsy. Lead the way. She directed.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    At least it got me here.... Looks like it won't be going anywhere anytime soon though... She lets the over to the engine compartment close, then gives at a good shove to get it to latch in place. Then she realizes she is being addressed and turns to look up at her. Jenny sees that the girl has dazzling, bright green eyes. She seems to stumble over her words as she tries to keep up with your questions.

Huh? I- Well.. I don't...
    Jenny blinked.

"Oh. I got carried away with myself again, didn't I. Let's do that again."

She held out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Jenny! What's your name? Looks like you need help!"

Extended signature here.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Are you sure? I'm sure one of us could help, unless they already are being taken care of." Victor looks over at the smoke. There's half a dozen things it could be, but if they sound calm, there's not much to be done.

Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Planetar

Seeing that there were figures within the smoke, Susan ran towards the van and yelled "Is anyone hurt?" only to be greeted by three people whose attention she had attracted with her shouting. "O-oh Hi. Uhh looks like everyone's out and... safe?"How embarrassing she thought as she stumbled over words.
    Last edited by Konatsat; 2017-04-29 at 10:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

She took off her headphones as she was the van. Anna knew she found love at first sight and she will try to stop anyone from taking it from her. My name's Anna I would be willing to help you and I know a mechanic that might be able to repair your van. if the van is beyond repair she was going to get another van of the same make and model for her.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-29 at 08:21 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Of course. Lissa replied with a small curtsy. Lead the way. She directed.
    You make your way across campus. All around, other students are unloading furniture from cars and trucks. Bags and mini fridges are being hauled up into dorms. Your escort guides you through the chaos, and brings you to your new home away from home. You find that many of your things have already been brought in, and await you to arrange them to your satisfaction. There is, so far, no sign of a roommate.

Jenny blinked.

"Oh. I got carried away with myself again, didn't I. Let's do that again."

She held out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Jenny! What's your name? Looks like you need help!"
    Jessica. And yeah, I probably will. BUt not right now. Problem for another day.

"Are you sure? I'm sure one of us could help, unless they already are being taken care of." Victor looks over at the smoke. There's half a dozen things it could be, but if they sound calm, there's not much to be done.
    "Don't know if there's anything you can do, but feel free to check!"

Seeing that there were figures within the smoke, Susan ran towards the van and yelled "Is anyone hurt?" only to be greeted by three people whose attention she had attracted with her shouting. O-oh Hi. Uhh looks like everyone's out and... safe?"How embarrassing she thought as she stumbled over words.
    ONe girl, a red-head, looks over and sees Susan running toward them. Yeah, everyone's okay. I was the only one in the van.

She took off her headphones as she was the van. Anna knew she found love at first sight and she will try to stop anyone from taking it from her. My name's Anna I would be willing to help you and I know a mechanic that might be able to repair your van. if the van is beyond repair she was going to get another van of the same make and model for her.
    Nah, its fine. I'll get it put back to right. But for now, I just need to let it cool off and stop smoking. But thanks for the offer. I'm Jessica.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #18

Lissa starts on the re-arranging. The years of martial arts training giving the girl surprising strength for her class.

Do you know who my roommate is going to be? Lissa asks her escort.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"Will do." With a little more assertion and vocalizing, Victor again tries to push through the crowd.

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Lissa starts on the re-arranging. The years of martial arts training giving the girl surprising strength for her class.

Do you know who my roommate is going to be? Lissa asks her escort.
    He checks a small notebook he pulls from his pocket. "A Miss Yuki Aibari. A political science student, exchange student from Japan, 18 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall..." He will probably keep going until you stop him.

"Will do." With a little more assertion and vocalizing, Victor again tries to push through the crowd.
    Victor makes it out to the parking lot and finds himself looking at the burnt frame of a VW van, behind which, he hears a few girls talking. As he rounds the van, he sees a girl with red hair and wearing a t-shirt and jeans. She is talking to three other girls, about the state of her van, and emphatically denying any attempts at getting her van towed somewhere to have it fixed because as she says as you approach, I can do it myself.

That voice... You aren't sure... But it sounds so familiar....

Then she turns at hearing you approach from behind, and you see her eyes. It is her. Jessica. Here. Now.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #21

Planetar

"Oh thank goodness that no one was hurt. S-so, uhm what's your name?" At this point she didn't think that she could simply back out of the conversation or turn and walk away and it would be awkward not to talk.

22. - Top - End - #22

Does she speak fluent English? Lissa asked raising an eyebrow.

Some people might wonder how the escort had so much info on the person in question. But Lissa knew.

Knew that connections could get you all sorts of information.

23. - Top - End - #23

RedWizardGuy

"S-sorry, I'll go check it out myself." Zack stammered, getting up from his chair and making his way through the crowd as fast as possible.

By the time he'd broken through the crowd, there was already a small group of girls (and one guy) clustered around a backfiring van and the redheaded girl who seemed to be the owner. She was dressed in some sort of modern grunge and clearly didn't care what anyone saw, but she was... pretty. Really pretty. That was the first thought that came to Zack's head as he saw her. His face was getting red. Why was it doing that?

"Um, excuse me," he said, speaking towards the driver, "Do you need help with your car? I'm helping out with orientations, um, and I have campus security on speed-dial. We could get somebody to tow your car, er, if that's what you need."
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh thank goodness that no one was hurt. S-so, uhm what's your name?" At this point she didn't think that she could simply back out of the conversation or turn and walk away and it would be awkward not to talk.
    Its Jessica. She opens the side door of the van and pulls a large satchel out, slinging it over a shoulder.

Does she speak fluent English? Lissa asked raising an eyebrow.

Some people might wonder how the escort had so much info on the person in question. But Lissa knew.

Knew that connections could get you all sorts of information.
    "I am sure she speaks enough English to get by. As to fluency, miss, I am sure the is a cunning linguist around here somewhere..." The man chuckles to himself at that.

"S-sorry, I'll go check it out myself." Zack stammered, getting up from his chair and making his way through the crowd as fast as possible.

By the time he'd broken through the crowd, there was already a small group of girls (and one guy) clustered around a backfiring van and the redheaded girl who seemed to be the owner. She was dressed in some sort of modern grunge and clearly didn't care what anyone saw, but she was... pretty. Really pretty. That was the first thought that came to Zack's head as he saw her. His face was getting red. Why was it doing that?

"Um, excuse me," he said, speaking towards the driver, "Do you need help with your car? I'm helping out with orientations, um, and I have campus security on speed-dial. We could get somebody to tow your car, er, if that's what you need."
    Having slung her bag on her shoulder, the girl heaves an exasperated sigh at yet another offer to tow her van.

No! Look, I am sure you all mean well, but it is perfectly fine where it is for now. Now would someone please point me in the direction of Orientation? I am late enough as it is.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

25. - Top - End - #25

I was going near their anyway I'll be willing to guide you there is a couple of turns and you might get lost . she lied about the fact she was heading out near their in fact she really didn't have anything else to do and the woman had already attracted her heart.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-04-29 at 01:13 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    "I am sure she speaks enough English to get by. As to fluency, miss, I am sure the is a cunning linguist around here somewhere..." The man chuckles to himself at that.
    The innuendo clearly flies over Lissa's head.

It doesn't matter if there is a cunning linguist in a nearby room. Unless they end up moving in here unofficially I suppose. Lissa replies.

27. - Top - End - #27

Planetar

"Sorry. Bye." Susan walked as fast as she could back to the computer lab. She had really stuffed up that social interaction. To take her mind off of it, she was planning to return to her dorm room after taking her bags from the computer lab.
    Last edited by Konatsat; 2017-04-29 at 01:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Victor stops for a second, a look of 'Am I looking at what I think I'm looking at' on his face. "Jessie? What are you doing here?" Smooth. That's how you greet a girl you haven't seen for a decade? "Um, I could show you toward orientation and have some friends fix up your van, if you would like." And now you're just being presumptuous!

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

RedWizardGuy

"S-sorry!" Zack yelped, shrinking backwards at the firm refusal. His face was even hotter now. Was he blushing? Oh, this was so embarrassing. Then his brain finally wrangled down the second part of what she'd said, about orientation. "Um, orientation's right here in the Student Union building. The next tour's leaving in... five minutes or so?"
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

I was going near their anyway I'll be willing to guide you there is a couple of turns and you might get lost . she lied about the fact she was heading out near their in fact she really didn't have anything else to do and the woman had already attracted her heart.
    Not going yourself?

The innuendo clearly flies over Lissa's head.

It doesn't matter if there is a cunning linguist in a nearby room. Unless they end up moving in here unofficially I suppose. Lissa replies.
    "Never mind, miss. IF there isn't anything else I can do for you, the school frowns upon us being here for long."

"Sorry. Bye." Susan walked as fast as she could back to the computer lab. She had really stuffed up that social interaction. To take her mind off of it, she was planning to return to her dorm room after taking her bags from the computer lab.
    As Susan begins walking back to the computer lab, she finds that she is walking in the same direction as the crowd she just tried to leave.

Victor stops for a second, a look of 'Am I looking at what I think I'm looking at' on his face. "Jessie? What are you doing here?" Smooth. That's how you greet a girl you haven't seen for a decade? "Um, I could show you toward orientation and have some friends fix up your van, if you would like." And now you're just being presumptuous!
    You'll leave my van alone. I'll take care of my van on my own. Just like I've been taking care of myself.

"S-sorry!" Zack yelped, shrinking backwards at the firm refusal. His face was even hotter now. Was he blushing? Oh, this was so embarrassing. Then his brain finally wrangled down the second part of what she'd said, about orientation. "Um, orientation's right here in the Student Union building. The next tour's leaving in... five minutes or so?"
    Jessica sighs again, this time, the sound seems to be more cleansing than frustrated.

I don't need a tour, I just need my packets and information, and sign my documents. A few steps pass in awkward silence.

But thank you.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!