Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 59
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly


    Oh, it had been hard. So hard, it had become difficult to imagine things ever getting better - hard to imagine things ever being the same. Yet, it did get better. The night didn't last forever, just like all things even the misery and hurt had to come to an end.

    For over a decade their well being, their home and livelihood had been tied to the name and welfare of their step-sister; Roslen Alery. Though she was the favored daughter of the House of Alery, she had favored you; the disowned sons of some nameless whoremother. You were cast out, put down, and hunted. A proud Chelixian house like the house of Alery, who knew glory long before the fall of the empire and orchestrated the crowning of the Arabasti family and the eventual succession of the Korvosan colony, could not allow for such a blight to their name to exist. Yet, Roslen chose to protect you, secret you away, abandon her name and cross the Inner Sea to secure your asylum. The Red Mantis Assassins hunted still for any sign of your return north to Avistan even after all these years, but keeping your head low you've managed to avoid a sawtoothed sabre across your neck. For a time, it seemed like everything would be alright... but then Roslen got sick. They thought she would die, Reaping Sickness they called it. Of those who contracted the weaponized magical illness virtually none had survived, none readily known to the public anyways. Professor Lucian, a savant from Lepidstadt schooled under the tutelage of Professor Lorrimor had begun research into necrotic necromatic bio-weapons such as this disease, however such experimental treatment came with an ungodly price. They had found a home in the business district of Absalom, living off the wealth which Roslen owned - but all of that money quickly dried up... leaving nothing but crushing debt.

    They had spent it all on the medicine... and it did work, she wouldn't have lived this long without it. The quiet days out upon the villa were replaced with the rotting timber of decrepit old walls and the stink of rotting garbage. Stealing, working, killing - it would never be enough to pay off the debt or ever get ahead of the costs each day incurred. Now they lived in the remains of a near-abandoned shack south of Beldrin's Bluff, a place left unvisited for the dangers of specters and evil left buried beneath old stones. Whispers plagued the attic, and eyes glared coldly from the cellar. That was the way of things so close to the Bluff, the dark parts of the city long forgotten. It had been hell... until he came.

    Galic Penfrist. A distantly related cousin, the houses of Penfrist and Alery had been merged in their history for nearly two centuries. Unlike them however, Galic was a proper Penfrist - renowned for being some of the finest magicians south of the Inner Sea. The late-middle-aged man was quirky, rude, strange, and an excellent wizard; everything that could be expected from a Penfrist. In their hour of greatest need, he seemed to come from nowhere, yet he delivered them from the brink just the same. He paid for the weekly collections out of his own pocket, and allowed them to occupy the guest rooms of his manor, even finding them work; but this wasn't a permanent arrangement. Meister Galic made it perfectly clear that he would get them back on their feet to crawl out of the hole, but the real work to be done would be with their own hands. Two years had passed under the care of Uncle Penfrist, and things were beginning to change...


    "Oh, get up you lazy sheit. Or are you going to sleep in my bed for the rest of the day!? It's nearly eighth-bell!" A sharp boot found Drautran's rear, jostling him from his rest. Galic was industrious, no one could deny that, but the early hours which he rose and the late hours he found rest left one to question if the man actually spent any significant time to sleep at all. Volikin found a similar fate as a wave of the mage's finger animated his pants to swat the half-elf awake. "The market has already opened, blast it all. Get up, get dressed. I finally convinced them to give you an opportunity and you're late to be early, ugh." The wiry man stormed out of the room. It took a moment to register, but the memory came back to them. Galic had been vying to earn them a position within the Pathfinder Society working within the organizations head-quarters here in Absalom, which by extension put them under the direct supervision of the Decemvirate. It was an extremely valuable position only given to tried and proven Venture-Captains and similar persons of importance and office. Though Meister Penfrist was a respected, even celebrated Chronicler, his requests would not be heard. It wasn't until an odd request to the Society from an anonymous employer came in that he boldly seized the opportunity, boasting of his novice adventurer's skills and ability. Finally unable to ignore him anymore, terms were agreed upon. Should the task be completed satisfactorily under official record, the positions would be offered to them; along with an immense reward... 40,000 gold pieces.

    They of course wouldn't see any of it. Even after all the money they had paid with Roslen's fortune, and what Galic had paid for them, 80,000 gold still remained to be paid; and until it was paid they would find no rest south of Avistan, and only death back the way they had came. With this job also came the assurance they would have a sustainable income capable of paying off that colossal sum. They were supposed to go to the market early in the morning before going out on the job before midday. It had seemed so long, but the struggle had all been worth it. The medicine had saved her life, but her body was still weakened. Most days she sat confided to her wheeled-chair, but sometimes she found the strength to walk. It was impossible to know right now just what had caused this suffering, this rare disease. It could have very well been some assassination attempt, but they had not the time nor resources to devote to delving into that notion further. The thoughts only soured the mood and fanned the flames of longing... longing for the day their older sister could walk forth into the light once again and call herself by her own given name. When that day came, the world would be different for them too. They would have a place, a home, an empire to call their own; but for now, she was only...

    Spoiler: Debt
    Show
    The PC's owe 80,000 gold pieces between them to pay off the medical treatment which they have acquired to cure Denise. Though she won't die, she is severely weakened. They've struggled, but with their Uncle's assistance, they've scored their first lucky break and a chance to get ahead of the massive bills left in their wake. The original value of this debt was 250,000 gp. Between Galic and Denise's wealth, the value was decreased drastically. 5% of the debit is due at the end of each week to avoid incurring ungodly amounts of interest. Galic cannot afford to keep paying for you living expenses and financial obligations, and has thus arranged to acquire you significant posts within the Society that you may support yourself.


    Spoiler: Preparing for the Job
    Show
    Denise, who is in the room across the hall from yours has your current allowance. Galic arranged for a trip to the market to pick up any venturing supplies you might need from the market before setting off on this mysterious job. You're expected to be gone for at least a week's time.



    Denise Bridgeman
    (AR 4664)





    Last edited by Mornings; 2017-04-29 at 02:37 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~

    The sudden jolt of getting kicked woke Drautran up immediately, turning over and looking up at the man who had woken him up he groaned at having been woken up in such a way. "Uncle, did you have to wake me up in such a way?" getting up from his he grabbed his clothes and started putting them on. "What time are we supposed to be there at and can you remind me who were meeting exactly?" Having gotten his clothes on he begins to don his armor. Looking over at his brother "Ready for the big day? if we do this right we are going to be pathfinders... and once we are pathfinders we can get ourselves out from under this debt and get some better care for Denise.", Having finished putting on the armor he straps both of his weapons to his waist and grabs the pack that he had prepared the night before. "Alright I'm ready, gonna go get our allowance real quick... then we will head off to the markets for a few more things that we might need on for this job."

    Walking across the hall to Denise's room he knocks on the door "Denise are you up yet?" Absentmindedly he grabs one of his cigars and put it in his mouth chewing on it slightly as he waits for Denise's reply.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    if Denise invites me into her room then i will head on in.

    Also a Knowledge Local roll to see what sort of shops are in the market and what ones might have the best prices for an adventure.
    (1d20+8)[12]

    and a knowledge dungeoneering to try and figure out what sort of supplies might be needed (only if we had been given information on where we are going)
    (1d20+8)[10]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly


    The restless wizard didn't pause or stop in the door, instead he pressed on, but his voice could be heard down the all. "The requester was anonymous, we don't know who we'll be meeting on behalf of the society. You've until the noonday-bell to find yourself seated at the Old Blackfingers. Very few men in Escadar with that kind of money. Take an educated guess. " The man's voice trailed off as he went downstairs. Old Blackfingers was a bar... not the rough kind of establishment sailors and pirates visited, it was a hole for professional killers and rogues of a fine craft. Every now and then a drunken seamen would stumble in and cause a mess. More often than not, they'd never be seen again; but sometimes they'd find pieces left. Carelessly discarded as a warning to the careless. Despite its dangerous reputation, it was an establishment with pomp and class. A code of dress and conduct gave the exterior the appearance of classy drinking hall. Underneath the facade however, it was the face of professional peddling for the marketing of skilled individuals valued in the black market. That much was general knowledge.

    The door in front of Drautran slowly opened, the small mousy girl peeked out from behind the portal. Her skin was pale and sickly, but even though she looked unwell, a soft smile found a place on her lips. "Yes... I'm awake." Her words were low, almost as if spoken in a whisper. It was like looking upon a figure made of folded paper, one strong wind and it would all blow away. "Here...", she passed him a small purse of coins through the door. "Please take care of it... It eludes me still why dear Galic refuses to entrust any portion of his money to you directly, but i'm sure he'll come around if you continue to prove how responsible you've become." She coughed softly. The half-orc couldn't think of what else might be beneficial in their mysterious venture, but the thought was lost as the woman placed her gentle hand on his. "I don't know what you've gotten yourself into, but it can't be good. The only peoples who would have the kind of money we would need in Escadar is a member of the Lesser Council. I will not be made as a political bargaining chip, and they will not let you go readily if they have discovered us. Purchase something to mend your wounds; few return unscathed after such dealings." The door moved to slowly close before pausing and reopening just a smidgen. "Oh... and if you'll be meeting in that place you'll need some new cloths if you expect to be allowed entry. Spindle & Needles is a very affordable tailor. Do try and be hasty. I think Galic is being made restless by these unusual circumstances... take care of your brother." The door quietly closed with a slow latching sound.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    None of your checks succeeded, but you have some info from Denise.

    - Received 480gp


    Last edited by Mornings; 2017-04-30 at 03:08 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    After being kicked from his rest Vol tosses over again before finally getting up after seeing his brother dressed before hes even out of bed. "Drautran, what did we get ourselves into. Uncle must you be so harsh this early in the morning?" He lets out a long sigh and seeing his brother fully prepared he too gets his armor and gear together. "Let's make this quick so we can be on our way and have a little fun later." He greets Denise on the way out "Good morning sister. How are you feeling today?"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Ill follow forg's idea even though my rolls are ****tier never know....

    Local (1d20+3)[8]

    Dungeoneering (1d20+3)[5]


  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~


    As Denise closes the door Drautran chuckles slightly to himself as he pockets the gold, "I will be sure to take care of us both, stay safe and well yourself." Looking over to his brother "Alright got our allowance, we need some better clothes though seeing as were going to the Old Blackfingers... Denise said that we should check out Spindle and Needles for some proper atire so lets start by heading there." Turning and making his way out of the Manor, Drautran pulls out his lighter and absentmindedly flicks it open ready to light the Cigar once he was outside.

    Opening the door to leave Drautran takes a second a yells back into the Manor at his Uncle "Were heading out now Uncle, Will see you again once the Job is complete." Stepping forward out of the Manor he starts making his way through the cobbled streets, bringing the lighter up to his cigar he lights it and takes a long drag off it before putting the lighter away. He looked back towards the Manor, it was really nice and easily showed the gold that had been spent to make it. It was a large brick manor with pillars of marble running up the wall every few feet throughout the entire manor, it had the same red roof that all the others seemed to have causing it to blend in slightly with those around it. Looking up towards the second floor Drautran smiles as he imagines Denise looking down at them as they left. Turning back to the task at hand, Drautran nods as they pass by several guards outside of another manor.

    Nearing the market the crowd started getting thicker and he had to start pushing through parts of it as he made his way over to the Spindle and Needles. He personally had never been in the shop before but had always thought that it would be nice to have some clothes from it. The shop wasn't very large but it stood out from the shops that surrounded it, it had wooden walls and large windows that showed off the clothes that were currently the fashion of the upper class. Stepping up to the door Drautran tossed his cigar to the ground and made his way inside.
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2017-04-30 at 04:08 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly


    The streets of The Coins were buzzing with shouts and hawking cries for wares of every kind. The district never closed, and the shouts rang out during every hour of the night, but the market stalls and establishments closed during the later hours of the day. The crowd surged and pulsed like a living thing, the streets filled with wagons and the carriages of Absalom's public transportation; it of course wasn't free, but it wasn't absurdly priced.

    The well-to-do shop, Spindle & Needles was well regarded among both the higher society and the common folk, both for the quality and price of their garments. It was also one of the few places with pre-made cloths, a groundbreaking idea in its own regard. Other tailors often sought out the proprietor, Elra Brembel for ideas or to uncover the secret of her standard-sizing scheme. The Korvosan-born woman was industrious and knew how to keep a trade secret or two, along with looking forward to opportunities to design new garb for strange and unusual circumstances.

    An older man walked out with a finely wrapped parcel as the brothers made their way up to the entrance, a pleased twinkle in his eye. pushing open the door, a small bell rang. The interior was dark, yet pleasing. the highly polished darkwood panels and dim colors accompanied by the crisp scent of mint and lavender created an open and professional atmosphere. A proud looking woman with calm-calculating eyes wearing an exceptionally fine Chelish dress colored in deep purples looked up from her exceptionally grand work-desk. Various fabrics lay on large rows of drawers off to the side, while small desks ran down either side of the room showing masterwork quality pieces of clothing on mannequin limbs, leathergloves, a shimmering corvat, even an absurdly intricately tooled pauldron of some unknown type of leather which looked fit for a royal's court sat for viewing. Picturebooks of various designs and materials also lay on each desk, magical lamps with a pleasant blue-glow illuminated the dim interior. Touching one of the lamps, the woman changed the color of the light into the room to match the more mundane light outside. Smiling at her new guests she stepped away from the desk. "Welcome to the Spindle and Needles, my friends. What can I help you with today? Please feel free to peruse my work."


    Spoiler: Knowledge Local (DC14)
    Show

    Rumors regarding Elra Brembel


    Elra Brembel


  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~






    Drautran was glad to get out of the crowd, it was always so stuffy and he felt like everyone was staring at him as they had moved through the city. As the smells of the shop entered his senses Drautran sighed slightly as he felt his body relax, it must have been the lavender it always seemed to have a relaxing effect on him. Looking over to Elra as she spoke to him, he gave her a small bow before addressing her trying to layer on his charm, "Ma'am, myself and my brother are looking for some new clothing that will be acceptable to wear at the Old Blackfingers, our sister recommended your fine establishment saying that we would be able to get the finest clothing in the city here. And I must say, from what I have seen I could not argue with her in that regard." As he spoke he took an additional look around the shop making note of entrances, exits, the people in the shop and anyone whom looks slightly suspicious. Feeling his paranoia rise slightly Drautran pulled another cigar out and started chewing on the end, the sharp spicy taste pulls his mind back to Elra.






    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Diplomancy to get her to like me more.
    (1d20+7)[24]

    Knowledge Local for her
    (1d20+8)[28]

    Perception (Cause im paranoid)
    (1d20+11)[22]
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2017-05-01 at 08:03 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    Volikin

    Traversing the crowd Vol feels as if all eyes are on him and his brother. He pulls his hood over his head and keeps following his brother with unease through the crowd. Once out of the crowd he lowers his hood and takes a deep breath. Fumbling through his pockets he finds a small wooden figure that looks hand carved and takes it out and mouths something to himself before putting it away. Looking around he feels at ease. As his brother speaks he steps up next to him to just show his face and let his presence be known to the shop owner.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Assisting Drautran
    Perception - Take 10+7 [17]

    Knowledge check on the Spindle and Needle
    Knowledge History (1d20+7)[18]

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly


    Spoiler: Checks
    Show


    Drautran

    Diplomacy
    The woman evidently takes your words well. Though it's difficult to notice, the small smile beginning at the corner of her mouth is not lost upon you. She seems to pay your brother less attention.

    Local (Elra)
    Shrewd and resourceful, Elra has become well known as a source of information and knowledge tapped by individuals with the coin and desire to learn things most do not, or things others would like best kept secret. Elra doesn't have any enemies. Both the legal and less-than-legal patrons which pay for the privilege of her words see her as a neutral authority and a means of maintaining the balance between the honest and corrupt sides of Absalom's greasy inner workings. While her various dealings earn her wages far exceeding her business's, the store is not a front for illicit deals and the woman does in-fact work as a tailor. Elra takes no part in any of the positive or negative movements made within the city, but the exchange of information has facilitated both the rise and fall of economic nations within the walls of the city. Though it's unproven, some believe the coin she receives for her service as only a guise for greater schemes, providing and withholding information as she see's fit to realize her own vision for the powerful trade city.

    Perception
    It took perhaps, not twice, but three glances before the realization that the mannequin furthest away and closest to the woman's desk was either animated... or possibly just alive. He'd heard of golems and strange constructs which looked like dolls, but something seemed eerie and offsetting about this particular doll. Considering some of the patrons the proprietor received, it might have been better to just ignore it...


    Volikin

    Local (The Spindle and Needle)
    A well known and well received establishment within the city. The owner Elra Brembel is regarded as one of the premier tailors within the Inner Sea, with fame reaching as far north as Mendev. Projects of garb and armament unlike any which occur elsewhere often take place under her careful guidance. The shop is usually run by one of Elra's assistants who handles generic tailoring while she is away on one of her various projects, which might involve dozens of craftsmen of various skills for a single piece of wear. Clothing and leather armor are her specialties, but rare works of metal have been completed before. These works are regarded as both pieces of art and functionality, even being viewed as collectors items from a wide audience of wealthy nobles. Some individual parts fetch prices worth hundreds of thousands within the after-market circles. Though not seen in the average tailorwork of the store, Elra's works specifically are known to be woven with strange and exotic magics. Some older folk believe the woman's shop is haunted because her work must only be possible with the aid of evil forces. The hearsay is almost entirely ignored by anyone who's visited the shop or made a purchase.


    The woman nodded in acknowledgement to the darker skinned half-elf Ah, Old Blackfingers a fine establishment, but you would do to take care mentioning you've some business there while within the city. Understandably, some take less kindly to the patrons of said hall. I've done cloths for quite the number of frequent guests of this particular venue, so I suppose you should be grateful to whoever pointed you in my direction. I'm assuming neither of you are familiar with the rules and code of dress at the Blackfingers... If you are not endorsed, you're not permitted to openly carry a weapon. What you hide on conceal on your person is no concern, this shows a difference in status between the pedigree of the patrons around you. Those who are endorsed may openly wear a single weapon, and those who've received some higher degree of recognition may carry an additional weapon. Things like daggers and such don't count towards this prestige, but they're still not permitted to be worn openly if you're without the right to display a weapon. Armor is also banned for all patrons safe for the most respected and celebrated of patrons, legends within their field. Needless to say this follows the same general rules, but hiding your breastplate is far more difficult when there is a strict code of dress. I can complete a suit to accommodate modifications to ease your... transition, but these will increase the cost of a single outfit significantly. I'm also curious as to what captain is currently sailing to the Isle of Erran presently... She looked at both of them taking a measure of their response but not seeing much forth coming. "You are of course aware that the Blackfingers is in Escadar, yes? It's not on this island, but most of the shipping lanes are frozen while the navy is occupying the bay...." That piece of information came across as somewhat unexpected. During their time living with Galic his magical means of getting about had spoiled them to the point of ignorance, and the current situation ongoing with the naval occupation of Erran was not so well known, nor were the reasons.

    Spoiler: Outfit Modifications
    Show

    Base Outfit - 50gp
    - Hidden sheath (Hide small object, DC20 Perception to notice) - 20gp
    - Patch of Hidden Things (Hide up to a 2-handed weapon within a magical patch, Standard Action to retrieve) - 75gp
    - Magical Weave (Grant a +1 circumstance bonus to a Skill, max +4 to a single skill) - 40gp
    - Glammed Suit (Merge leather armor into clothes, this effect counts as the Glammed enhancement for all purposes) - 80gp



  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~






    Seeing the mannequin over by the desk should have caused his paranoia to start running rampant, instead he managed to convince himself that it was his paranoia playing tricks with his mind. The small smile that Elra gave him as he buttered her up helped to ease his mind even more, he had heard the rumors of her in the past but he himself knew that they were more than just rumors. The rumors say that she held power that could possibly sway the upper echelons and he chose to believe them as he had never heard of her having any issues in dealing with anyone in the city. Listening to her speak about Old Blackfingers reminded him slightly of when they had first came to the City and their Uncle explained how things worked here, who and where to stay away from. That was the Past though and now he needed to focus on the present.

    Hearing that he wouldn't be allowed to openly carry his weapons or armor was not something that he liked to hear at all. He never liked being without either one, Luckily for him Elra had provided an answer and offered to make modifications to the outfit that would allow him to carry them on his person without them being seen. The little bit of gold that they had would hopefully be enough for the modifications and possibly a scroll or two as he still wanted to be able to get some sort of healing for his brother, he wasn't to worried about himself in that aspect as he always had his extracts that could heal him. At the mention of having to sail over to the Isle of Erran came up he couldn't help but look confused on the subject, he hadn't heard anything about the shipping lanes being frozen... this could complicate matters considerably if they weren't able to get there on time.

    "We were not aware that the Shipping lanes had been closed, nor are we aware of whom is sailing to the Isle of Erran. Seems we have been out of the interactions of the masses for a bit to long to have missed such an issue. Hopefully we will still be able to gain passage to Escadar, I believe that is an issue for later though, one that could be figured out down by the docks possibly, unless you have any suggestions as to how we could gain passage my Lady. For now I think we should just take care of our clothing as it is something that can be handled easily with the here and now. I believe I will need a Hidden Sheath for my Butterfly swords and I would like to be able to hide my Armor as well." Looking over to his brother, "Volikin, would you like to have anything done to your outfit as well?"






    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    going to take both the Hidden Sheath and Glammed Suit for my outfit so total cost for me is 150gp

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    Volikin

    Having been acknowledged by Elra, Volikin listens to his brother and ponders how did uncle plan to get us there if its going to be so much trouble by sea? Did he have other means of doing so? His mind starts to trail off until his brother says his name waking him from his own thoughts. Stepping out from the shadow of his brother Vol speaks in a soft, gentle tone "Oh yes. I would like to, of course, have the patch to hide my bow if I can hide my arrows as well. You see I just want to make sure that my quivers can fit inside the hidden sheath compartment or at least a dozen or so of arrows as the bow would be quite useless without the arrows. Or possibly do you think I would be able to hide the bow and arrows together inside the patch without having too much trouble? Then lastly, having my armor is a priority as well. Hopefully that isn't too much of an issue." After completing his order, per say, Vol steps to the side to fiddle until a deal is struck while passively looking around to make sure nothing "strange" strange happens.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I'll be taking the hidden sheath, unless told that my quivers can fit elsewhere, the Patch of hidden things for my bow and the Glammed Suit. Total 185gp if sheath isn't need or 205gp if it is.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly


    The woman curtsied lightly with elegant technique. "I've already taken your measure, I'll have your order ready within an hour, please return after then. You can leave the payment on the desk." She gestured to the work desk near the strange mannequin where a closed lockbox rested. "I imagine, that you're leaving for the Blackfingers in short order, but I would invest in finding means of transportation presently. No normal ships can, or will, make the venture while the matter in Escadar's bay is ongoing. It will usually take a slower vessel close to two weeks to complete the trip one way, but the more nimble vessels captained by the far superior sea-faring men of Absalom can make the trip in no more than three days." It was true, they did have to get to the Old Blackfingers quickly... but their definitions of soon diverged greatly. They had to get there today. They had to get there, and be seated in the tavern... in four hours.

    It was an impossible task. There was only one thing to make of it; Galic other means he'd failed to mention.


    TIME REMAINING
    4:00

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~






    Drautran made his way over to the desk, keeping his eye on the mannequin he placed 335 gold pieces on the desk and turned to leave. "We shall return in an hour then, thank you for your time and service." Bowing towards Elra he then heads out of the shop. Once back out on the road he lights the cigar that he had been fiddling with while he was inside. Once his brother joined him outside he turns to him "Alright, so if the fastest a boat can get there is 3 days then we need to find a faster way. I am thinking we should just ask Uncle to take us there since he was the one who set us up with the job in the first place." Pulling out the remainder of the gold Drautran hands it over to his brother, "Here take the remainder of the gold and go get three scrolls of Cure Light Wounds and three more Trail Rations while i go back to the Manor and speak with Uncle about getting us transport." Turning from his brother he begins to make his way back towards the Manor.






    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    -335gp for both our clothes
    -145gp given to Volikin to get some supplies

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    Volikin

    Volikin nods to his brother as he departs for the mansion and he heads back into the store they just came from. He walks up to the desk and asks Elra,"Excuse me ma'am, would you be able to tell me which store would be best to find a few basic scrolls and some a some longer lasting food items? I'm sure a general store would suffice but maybe there is a store you would recommend?" After getting the information he needs he thanks her kindly before heading for the streets once more. He keeps his eyes peeled in every direction around him as he walks the streets of the market. He feels the cool air as people rush past him and people are walking into different buildings. Once coming upon the store Elra had mentioned he takes a look over it and begins to enter.

    Spoiler: Checks
    Show

    Bascially asking elra to point me in the direction of a store she trusts so I can find some of our needed items.
    Local check on the store Elra mentions IF she does.
    (1d20+3)[15]

    History check to see stores to avoid.
    (1d20+7)[26]

    Perception to make sure I'm not being tailed in any way or for suspect acts around me.
    (1d20+7)[16]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly


    Heading back to the manor didn't take very long, fortunately it was still in The Coins or the travel would have put them at risk of loosing far more time than would have been wise. As Draun came into view of the manor, he caught sight of Galic's shadow servant answering the door at the summons of a courier. The silent, eerie thing took the letter from the curious-but-unphased messenger. If the ghostly thing was answer the door than Galic was close, but not available... Often times the man would vanish while about the house - always something to do with his work, whatever his work actually was... He was supposed to be a Chronicler, but it'd be a rare find to meet anyone who'd actually seen him do any of that within the last decade. He'd have to track him down.

    Spoiler: Volikin Checks
    Show

    'Strange Finds, Finds Strange' - he's heard of it but never been there. In fact, he'd never met anyone who had. The place was supposed to be a store set in a small traveling tent run by Ableva Rasque an old fortune teller. Her tent was rarely in the coins and could appear anywhere in the country, seemingly at any time. Knowing when and where the shop would appear was extremely difficult - but Elra seemed to know exactly where he should look.

    'Golden Wonder' - Not many knew what really took place beneath within the hidden sub-basements of that place. The trade of persons was perfectly legal, but the black market for slaves was a bloody-violent thing. Undead, corpses, parts, organs, sometimes even souls could be acquired for the right price. The proprietor Lady Wonder was a pleasant and wonderful host, but beneath the surface she was one of the most feared faces within Absalom's underworld. Still a respected leader of the Assassin's & Poisoner's Guild in Daggermark, she decided to expand guild influence south out of the River Kingdoms to make full use of her resources for personal gain. Unrivaled in abduction, murder and worse - rogue Sczarni and loyal guildmen flocked to keep themselves under her wings, filling her ranks with professional killers and cleaners from across this side of the world. While business was at the heart of everything she did, those that knew her well understood her cold explosive rage - a seething anger hidden behind a smile. No one crossed Lady Wonder. Those that did found their way on the market in pieces...

    Perception - A man stares intensely in your direction from under the cowl of his cloak, but no one is trailing you from what you can tell.


    The small tent comes into view as Volikin turns around the corner of a dark ally, exactly where Elra had told him it would be. Though she did warn him that the owner would be... unusual. The tent was only large enough for perhaps one person and a dim candle flickers from inside. Not hesitating, he moves into the ally and slides himself into the short leather tent, which looked far cruder in person... almost like some Shoanti tipi. As he entered however, he saw a massive hall laid out before him... marble walls rolling off into darkness, deep maroon rugs running off further than he could see. The lights were dim, strange varying colors given off by floating Ioun stone lamps which floated about freely of their own accord at ground level, with chandeliers of faerie fry hurtling through the air above. It looked like the entrance to some incredible library. The lobby which he stood had 4 doors 20-ft tall, two on either side of the great room. The doors opened and closed as they saw fit, revealing the seemingly endless halls. Yet, further in front of him within the lobby was a massive desk nearly 15-ft off the floor, like some judge's panel. Strange prismatic lights danced about the desk, and books as large or even larger than him hopped around the desk as if alive. The lights of otherworldy elemental wisps flew in dizzying patters his eyes couldn't even begin to trace. He couldn't see anyone, but from the massive desk that looked fit for a Jotun-lord a voice bellowed out with commanding force - but it sounded like it might belong to a six-year old girl. "Well? Don't just stand there! Come on in!"


    TIME REMAINING
    3:40

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    Volikin

    Looking around amazed at what he found a voice catches him off guard. He makes off toward the desk where the voice had come from. Once there Vol steps up and speaks "Good morning. Quite the place you have here." all while looking around in amazement. "I have been told that you may have some of the most sought after wares around. I am looking for some simple scrolls of cure light wounds and some long lasting food. Or maybe you have some other wares that would be similar in affect."

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Perception check on the inside of the "tent"
    (1d20+7)[22]

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~






    Drautran walks up to the Manor and heads on inside, looking around for the shade "Wonder what the Messenger had for my Uncle", Putting the thought aside for now he proceeds to look for him Uncle. "Uncle, where are you at? I have some questions for you in regards to how we are supposed to get to the Old Blackfinger" Drautran heads off in the direction of his Uncles Study as he tried to find his Uncle.






    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Perception to try and find the Uncle
    (1d20+11)[12]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly



    Drautran

    There wasn't many options upon him, but he moved through the house to the study. The entirety of the walk, he followed behind the shadowy puppet, still carrying the letter in hand. It stepped through the door unsettlingly as the half-orc opened it behind. Placing the thing down upon the old barren table, it vanished from sight. The study was... for lack of better words, disquieting. It was dusty and quiet. Great white sheets covered every bit of ancient furniture which lay about the sizable room. Bookcases, left without any documents or tomes stood lonely and waiting - cobwebs wove trails across the candle rods. Just as he was about to consider leaving, he noticed the sheet covering the old mirror at the end of the room had fallen off...

    Just like anyone who had seen this room, he didn't like it... but the strange mirror beckoned his eyes. Upon its surface, he could see the study... but it wasn't the one he recognized. Papers and documents of every sort lay scatted upon the floor and tables. Quills danced wildly of their own accord upon parchment, and reports bound and pressed themselves into neat books. All the while, he could make out Uncle Galic pacing about the room reading a document in hand. It was as if he were looking into a pool of water, the images distorted and wrong. Strange shadows from things he couldn't see behind himself reflected upon the surface of the device - as if there were things he couldn't see roaming this place... this empty room.


    Volikin

    As the half-elf finished his words, the whimsical dance of the books, the lights, the soaring chandeliers.... it all stopped. Frozen in place. Books stood upon their edges, ioun stones hovered motionless and silent, and the strange elemental sprites floated in place in hushed anticipation. The small sound of movement could be heard above from the desk that loomed overhead. "You came... for that!?" The words rang off the walls with thunderous volume. "Men have fought..... Men have died..." He could hear the source of the voice ebbing ever closer, "For this opportunity! ...And you want mere parlor tricks. Heh.... Hahaha!" The small child burst into what he could only interpret as some manner of diabolical laughter. At the last moment, the face of his host suddenly sprung out from the edge of the desk revealing herself above. Her face was that of a large predatory cat, while her body was that of a lion, with a great pair of falcon's wings looming behind. Glowing eyes of silvery-emerald glowered down from on high. It was a sort of magical creature which he had never seen before... Something foreign to the mundane structure of the material plane. "Very well then... Take this and be on your way. I've no patience to tend to some witless lost lamb who cannot even recognize his own absurd luck. I will not be hard pressed to find better company, I'm sure." The creature, slapped a small purse sized pouch off the table to the floor at the elf's feet. (Optional: Sense Motive)

    Spoiler: The Guardian of the Hall - Knowledge Checks
    Show

    DC10 Arcane / Planes / Nature
    Sphinxes of all breeds are known in stories and legends as guardians of great treasures, secrets, and sacred places, and there’s much truth to these claims, though each of the races guards such things for its own reasons-whether altruism, greed, entertainment, or fear of a more powerful master. As a result, many places hiding treasures or secrets that don’t have an actual sphinx guarding them use sphinxes in their decorations. Keeping a sphinx on guard duty is often expensive, either in treasure or in inventiveness-a gynosphinx without something mentally challenging to work on rapidly becomes bored, and bored sphinxes are dangerous. Despite sphinxes’ relative rarity, especially outside of their chosen deserts and arid hills, stories of their exploits are common enough that most folk who encounter one know at least the basics of how to act around them: polite, pleasant, and perceptive.

    DC15 Arcane / Planes / Nature
    The creatures that other races collectively refer to as sphinxes are actually four very different races of magical beasts, all of which are intelligent creatures with the bodies of lions, the wings of birds of prey, and the heads of some other species. Though separate and often resentful of the other types, these strange and single-gendered species exist in a strange form of symbiosis, requiring one another to mate and propagate their line.

    DC20 Arcane / Planes / Nature

    Androsphinxes are the most powerful of sphinxes, and take this role seriously, seeing themselves as paragons of nobility committed to upholding justice and truth, so that the rest of the world may follow their shining example. Though gruff and curmudgeonly, making no effort to hide their disdain for those of lesser ability or tarnished morality, they prefer to give plenty of warning before attacking those who enter their territories, and may even be convinced to ensure safe passage for travelers in exchange for valuable information. They have a particular fondness for philosophy, ethics, and other high-minded, intellectual topics of debate.




    TIME REMAINING
    3:39

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    Volikin

    Baffled by the humiliation Vol picks up the bag that was dropped at his feet and checks the contents as he says "M'Lady there seems to be some confusion on my part. You see I had asked Lady Brembel of the Spindle and Needle of where I could find such items and she had pointed me to you. I'm sorry if I have offended you but i don't have much gold and I was only tasked to pick up the requested items. I sincerely did not mean to offend you. Other than the few items I mentioned the only other thing i truly need...is knowledge of passage to Old Blackfingers for myself and my brother within the next few bells." After stating this he bows to the young sphinx and stays in a bowing pose to wait for an answer.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Simply just going to speak and bow and wait for an answer....if there is one

    Sense Motive
    (1d20+1)[7]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~






    Looking around the room Drautran was slightly worried about what was going on, he himself wasn't much of a magic user, sure he had his extracts but those were very much different compared to what he was seeing now still though he tried to make sense of what was going on. As he got closer to the mirror and started seeing strange shadows flittering about behind him in the reflection his paranoia started coming up again. He called out loudly for his Uncle again "Uncle! Can you hear me?" as he spoke he reached out with his hand and put it against the mirror in-front of him. Looking around once more as he touched the mirror and trying to see if he could catch anything out of the corner of his eyes.






    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Perception (1d20+11)[24]
    Knowledge Arcana (1d20+4)[11]
    Spellcraft (1d20+4)[14]
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2017-05-06 at 11:53 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly



    Drautran

    Perception: Passed
    Knowledge Arcana: Failed
    Spellcraft: Failed

    As he looked on in bewilderment, he couldn't help but feel completely outside his element. He'd never heard of, or seen magic like this.... if it even was magic. For all he knew, this could be some strange haunted family heirloom. Raising his hand and calling out to Galic, his eyes caught glimpse of a strange shadowy figure reaching out. Their hands met where the surface of the glass should be, cold fingers locked over his own, and he could make out the face of the figure at the last moment.... It was himself.

    The sharp jerk slammed him into the surface, but he felt no impact. Falling through the dark mirror he found himself stumbling through the eerie reflection of where he had just been. This place... this world, it felt all wrong. His movements were slow, like trying to walk underwater. All the motions were delayed, as if he were watching reality from the bottom of a lake... even his words were slow, echoing off at a fourth of their speed and bounding away as if they were within some great cavernous trench beneath the waves. Galic looked up from his papers while walking about, "What are you doing? You shouldn't be here. Out... OUT!" He waved his hand and the half-orc fell back into the empty study flat upon his back; where the light wasn't bent, and the world was in proper order.

    Shortly following him, Galic stepped out of the mirror, looking down at Drautran evidently perturbed. Bending down he picked up the large white sheet and through it over the mirror before tying it down in various places. "...You saw nothing. Understand?" Turning about he extended a hand to help the man up. "Now, what did you come all this way for?"


    Volikin

    Diplomacy: Failed
    Sense Motive: Failed

    The proud Sphinx looked down at him from her high perch, a placid unamused look plastered across her feline face. "...And now it demands knowledge from me?" The large magical beast begun pacing across the surface of the desk above. "You seem to be every bit as dim and uninteresting as I imagined, so I shall speak slowly so that you understand.... Turn around. Open the door... and leave. Before I turn your bones to dust." (Optional: Sense Motive)

    The inside of the bag contained 2 large berries that appeared to be made of some manner of crystal or unusually clear glass. Within the center of each one was a small glowing bead of emerald light. He couldn't even begin to ascertain its use or purpose.

    TIME REMAINING
    3:38

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    Volikin

    Still in a bow he speaks, "It was not a demand but just a simple request. I see I have no power to change your mind on this matter. If this is what you ask then I will leave as I wish to anger you no more. I shall go elsewhere to find what I have been told to obtain. Ill return to Galic Penfrist now. Farewell." He stands from his bowing pose and takes 10gp out of the bag given to him by Drautran and places the gold on the ground. "For what you have given me. Thank you." He then turns and begins to make his way to the front door at a rather fast pace to get out before he is killed.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Diplo again
    (1d20-1)[4]

    Perception on the inside of the "tent" once again looking toward the doors to see if they are strange in anyway
    (1d20+7)[19]

    Knowledge arcana on the items in the bag
    (1d20+7)[20]
    Last edited by iValkyrieX; 2017-05-07 at 02:23 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~






    It took a second for his vision to right its self, when it did he caught the sight of his Uncle covering the mirror. Hearing how his Uncle put emphasis on Drautran having seen nothing, he decided it would be best to listen to him and ignore what he saw and what just happened. "I understand Uncle, well i don't in the sense that I'm not completely sure exactly what just transpired but i get that you want me to ignore what I've seen, anyways i was looking for you so that i could ask you how we are supposed get to the Old Blackfingers. Since its in Escadar, which is on a different island that by ship could take anywhere from three days to a week... Just wondering how we are supposed to get there in three hours time."





  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly



    Drautran

    The old man paused for a moment, scratching his small nubby beard. A slow look of realization crept into his features, until his balled fist came down into his open hand with a sudden and evident blinding flash of the obvious. "Oh, right! I'd almost forgotten..." He'd completely forgotten. He cleared his throat. "I had expected to at least see you before you left, but you did in such a hurry I hadn't the chance to tell you we'd be reaching the island via Gate. I had a request put in with Soweena for the materials and foci for the spell... there should have been a courier delivering a letter when it was all prepared." His eyes absently looked at the envelop on the bare table. "Hm, I do say... that appears to be the very one. Take that to Soweena at Deepwood Secrets and pick up the materials. You'll need to be back an hour before the appointed hour so that I may prepare the spell. Go on now, no need to fret.... Oh, and of course... Don't tell her I sent you." He smiled sheepishly on that last note.

    Optional:
    Knowledge Local/History (Soweena)
    Knowledge Arcana (Gate)



    Volikin

    "Well Lookie here boys, we caught a good one." The voice was sleezy and full of wit, but the voice which followed it was deep and slow, a man chuckled in a shrill voice somewhere off to the side. "Uhm... boss, that's the old wizard's kid isn't it?" "Of course it is you dolt... how else would he get in there?" "Hahaha... stupid" As the half elf's eyes came into focus he realized he was back in the dark damn ally which he had turned into when he first saw the tent... the tent which was now gone. Three men stood blocking the sole exit of the black-bricked hall back unto the street. The small one laughing like a hyena was a halfling. Two dagger-like single-edged curved blades hung from either side of his hip. They were rusted and in poor condition, but looked like they'd seen use. The one called Boss was an elf with a heavy crossbow trained on him, his dusty gray skin and oddly shaped ears were telltale signs of a less frequently seen lineage. The last man.... was massive, a great lumbering half-orc with sad drooping features holding a rather large looking club. Club might have been a somewhat generous term... in reality it was really just a heavy boat's oar, likely stolen from a ship in the docks. "...Pleasure to make your acquaintance half-blood, we're the Baldino Brothers - Sczarni through-and-through, and this here lot... is here for you" He snorted in a half chuckle with the last line. "Really good, boss. Dat rhymed. " A stupid grin plastered it self on his face. "You like that? Made it up just now... We need like, catch phrases and stuff, amiright? Something teh really set ourselves apart from the other gangs in The Coins. How's a sorry lot like you supposed teh make it up in the world, if you can't even stand out from abunch'a scummy deadbeats? This right here... This is QUALITY mugging..." He looked to Volikin "..amiright? Right!" He didn't wait for a response but seemed to regain his composure and gestured with the bow. "Now, look'eer. No silly stuff, you ain't the first sorry sod to get all tangled up in dis side'a town, if ya know what I mean - and you ain't the first mark we hit neither. SO! I ain't gonna ask what fancy bits you picked up in da old tent, or what you got on ya. Drop ya britches, drop it all... and beat it. We'll take everything ya got." The orcish man's eyes went wide in stunned bewilderment, "...Boss - You're brilliant. That's like... All the working of da muggings, gone!" The halfling spit on the ground, "Pfft. Too much efficiency is boring."


    TIME REMAINING
    3:37

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~






    Drautran reaches down and grabs the letter, "Understood uncle, i will head there right away." Turning around and heading out of the Manor, Drautran starts to make his way towards the location his uncle told him to go to. Pushing his way through the crowd he looks around to ensure he isn't be followed.







    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Knowledge Local (Soweena) (1d20+8)[18]
    Knowledge Arcana (Gate) (1d20+4)[23]

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    Volikin

    Laughing to himself, he says to the thugs "Well its quite unfortunate for you guys as well as myself but almost dying twice in a matter of seconds doesn't bode well for me. While I was inside the tent I ended up leaving with nothing. The damn sphinx in there nearly ripped my head off for "insulting" her. HA the nerve of some people. I see I have no choice here but to comply with your words so here...." Vol reaches into his pocket and takes out the wooden figure he likes to carry and tosses it to their feet and as he does this he says "Look" in hopes to distract them while he is casting Vanish on himself. Once cast Vol bolts for the end of the alley way and around the corner he's looking for something to hide behind close by.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Casting Vanish with "look" being the trigger. He runs for the end of the alleyway then looking for something to hide behind. Let me know what else to roll and ill roll in OOC.

    Stealth
    (1d20+10)[12]

    Sleight of hand
    (1d20+4)[5]

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly




    Volikin

    The elf's ploy almost worked perfectly; but the small man saw through the guise almost as readily as he caught a glimpse of the little-man's knife tucked away behind his wrist. The blade flashed out, as the wooden figurine left his fingers like a mutual exchange. Unexpectedly, the knife, while expertly thrown, was aimed low for his feet rather than a reliable wounding location - an attack evidently not directed at killing him. Pulling back his foot, the dagger rang off the stone as the figure touched the ground and his spell reached its completion. The massive half-orc shrieked like a great blubbering child "MAGIC-MAN, HE'S A MAGIC-MAN! OHHH!" The lumbering fool sharply turned, nearly smacking the 'boss-man' with his club as he dropped the thing and bolted from the ally with great all haste, giving the nimble elf the space he needed to dash away from his unwelcome new friends. "Git back here you IDIOT!" The elf screamed as Volikin made his escape under cover of magic, the little man laughed from under his cowl and picked up the figure. "...Witty bastard." Volikin skid around the corner and behind a pile of large crates being off-loaded by a troupe of Varsian merchants who seemed not to notice him in his current state, but the shouting evidently drew their attention. The lith elf stomped out of the ally screaming into the air, "DON'T THINK YOU'VE WON! NO ONE PULLS A FAST ONE ON THE BALDINO BROTHERS!" The elf drew the rapier from his waist and begun wildly swinging at the air in evident hope of hitting his escaped prey. The spectacle was short lived, as the sound of guard whistles in the distance sent both remaining men scampering away.

    "Ehm... Excuse me Sir Elf, why are you hiding behind my boxes?" Looking over his shoulder he met the eerie gaze of a young woman staring at him intently. Looking down at his own hand he could see nothing. After a brief moment the magic begun to fade and the gazes of the colorfully donned merchants moved to him as well. "Hm, no matter. Please don't obstruct these men's work" The girl turned about, it was difficult to gauge her age as it was evident she was at least not human, and while her stature was that of an adolescent her general appearance didn't quite match. Looking back at the men she gestured to the creates, "Please move these inside and put the rest in the basement." Turning away, she opened a heavy wooden door with solid cold-iron hinges before vanishing inside. An old wooden sign hung above, painted and faded - Deepwood Secrets

    It was strange. Though they had stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity over those few awkward seconds... He couldn't remember what color eyes she had. Thinking harder, he couldn't even recall her face.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Combat Ends





    Drautran


    Spoiler: Knowledge
    Show
    Knowledge Arcana (Gate) (1d20+4)[23]
    An unusual spell conceptualized for planar travel, but more usually utilized for convenient wayfaring. It was similar to a persistent dimensional door in design, at least as far as he understood it - but its actual functions were lost upon him. As far as he knew, it was much like a teleportation, but through an object large enough to be physically moved through. Galic was said to have helped in its development, but he knew no more beyond that.

    Knowledge Local (Soweena) (1d20+8)[18]
    A witch from the Lost Coast, she claimed to come from a demi-plane created within an Ethereal rift which overlaps the world and transitions into the physical plane at times - a place called The Deepwood. Some of the folk in the Mushfens tell folk tales of a mysterious village in the trees, nestled away by strange and wicked fae creatures. The place where children go when they loose they way or wander too deep into the fens; Swallowfeld.

    Not much is known about Soweena, but some rumors say that her eyes pierce all veil of magic and deception and steal fragments of memory from the mind - the 'blessing' levied upon her long ago by the Fae Queen of the Deepwood for winning her favor in bloody contest. Growing up a cursed child, she distanced herself for many years from the civilized world - until now.

    Galic doesn't speak of it often, but whatever happened between the two spellslingers left them in poor relations. The only clue his uncle left him with was; 'Dealing with her directly was an exercise of futility, you wouldn't remember who you spoke with.'


    The clamor and chaos which filled the street was far unlike the normal bustle of the city. The shouts and running all about him as people moved out of the way of rushing guards was irregular. He couldn't tell where they were going, but it had been in the same general direction who he was heading. The excitement seemed to die off as it fell out of sight. An off-loading wagon of merchants came into view followed by the familiar face of a half-elf outside the establishment he was en-route to retrieve his package from. The timing couldn't have been better.
    TIME REMAINING
    3:31
    Last edited by Mornings; 2017-05-22 at 09:27 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    Volikin

    Taking a deep breath along side a sigh of relief, Vol stands up and brushes off any dirt his clothes might have collected among the exchange. As he stands he bows before the young lady and apologizes for the disturbance. "My mistake. I simply had to take a moment to catch my breath." Once making sure the area is clear of the muggers, he reaches for the bag given to him by the sphinx once more and tries to ascertain what exactly she had given him.


    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Perception - Looking for anything out of the ordinary and to see if I can see Drautran heading this way
    (1d20+7)[8]

    Knowledge (Local) - Looking for knowledge based on Deepwood Secrets
    (1d20+3)[6]

    Spellcraft - For the berry things?
    (1d20+3)[10]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly

    ~~~~~Drautran Kasak~~~~~







    Druatran had been thinking about things while he headed towards The Deepwood, mainly he had been thinking about the owner of the place and the things that he knew about her. The one thing that kept coming back to his mind though was that she could somehow steal memories, He hoped that he never had to deal with that as he didn't like it when people messed with his mind. It had happened to him once before when he was younger, He had gone to fetch some supplies for his Uncle and returned empty handed and with no memory of having ever left the house. Luckily his Uncle was able to restore his memories sadly the person whom had messed with his mind was never found.

    Stepping out of the way of the guards Drautran looks over those around him trying to spy what was going on ahead. Looking around he quickly spots his brother and makes his way over to him, "I Found out how we are to get there, We are going to be traveling via Gate, just have to get the supplies from Soweena at The Deepwoods." Looking around at his surroundings Drautran takes in what he sees and nods to himself. "Anyways were you able to get the supplies that i asked for?"






    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Perception (1d20+11)[20]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: (IC) Denouement of the Widdiful Assembly


    As hard as the elf tried, he just couldn't recognize the strange berry-like objects within the strange plush bag. They were undoubtedly magical in the extreme, but he couldn't fathom what form that took. The traders in colorful clothes begun setting themselves to the task of loading the boxes inside the store. Drautran took careful note of each of them, thought it was difficult to notice, they each had an identical brand upon the inside of their left ankle. It looked like a crescent shape with a strange looking mark, perhaps a sigil or religious emblem - he wasn't sure. The boxes them self seemed to be packed with alchemical regents and herbs from across the Inner Sea, many of them foreign and nameless. This was undoubtedly the place. The various worn and difficult to see magical runes etched into the foundation's timbers were the telltale sign of a witch's home, heavily warded from harm or mischief, just kinda of place he'd expect from an acquaintance of Galic... Suspicion seemed to be a common trait amongst spellcasters.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •