New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Question does this stack?

the feat dash from miniatures handbook (perhaps in some other books as well) can i take it multiple times and have its effects stack? I want to take it a couple of times and increase my base speed in light armor.
    Last edited by Cowboy_ninja; 2007-07-31 at 02:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: does this stack?

While I don't know the particular feat in question here....The general rule for feats is that unless the feat's description explicitly states that you can take it multiple times, you can only take it once; and its effects don't stack if you somehow manage to get multiples of the feat anyway.
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2007-07-31 at 02:00 PM.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

I'd have to say that you wouldn't be able to take the feat a second time for stacking to be an issue. Feats that can be taken multiple times contain text that indicate such. There is no text that says you may take the feat multiple times. As a note, though, there are plenty of ways to increase movement in light or no armor - Barbarian or Scout levels, the Dervish PrC, the Speed of Thought feat, plus nice items like Boots of Striding and Springing.

I personally wouldn't invest a feat on a tactically limited feat like Dash, though I can see the utility, but feats are like gold to me. I hoard them like a dragon.
    "I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

i found this thread question not technically answered but it was interesting anyway

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bonuses from the same exact source never stack unless it explicitly says so in the text of the feat.

I'm looking at the Dash feat right now, and it doesn't have that language. Therefore it doesn't stack.

Also, there are much better ways to increase movement via magic items and class levels.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

As has been said, you cannot take Dash multiple times by RAW. However, the general consensus of a previous discussion is that it would not be unbalancing to house rule it otherwise.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.