Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Memories of Evil OOC

Okay guys I will get the IC opening thread up tonight or, more likely, tomorrow. I look forward to gaming with you all.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Memories of Evil OOC

YEAH! I'm so hyped for this.

By the way, could I keep the log for this campaign? Or maybe you'd like to do that, Z?

P.S. I believe adding your timezone would help. I believe mine is UTC +9. Also, Ian will speak in this color, though I may change to teal if it's too hard to read.
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Extended signature here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Please, feel free to keep a campaign log. I expect you would do a better job than I to be honest and, besides, it is more fun to read those from a player's perspective.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Woohoo! Thanks for having me, too.
    I have some equipment to wrap up.
    And, Derrussar will be speaking in Navy.

Edit- I know we were intentionally light on the magic but it looks like we are light on the skill monkey portion, too. Derrussar has Baleful Utterance, which can bypass some traps and such. It looks like Arathana can handle the sneaking/scouting while Trixis has some healing. I think, with Derrussar's UMD, he'll pick up some wands of CxW's and such.
    Any other suggestions?

Oh, UTC-8 (California).
    Last edited by razorback; 2017-05-05 at 09:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm really excited for this game. I'm also sorry for not mentioning it earlier, but I'm going on vacation and my internet access is going to be spotty for the next ten days. I'll have much better response times once I get back. Oh and Arathana will speak in Red.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Here is a quick opening post for anyone who wants to get started.

Also I am UTC -4

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It is great to be a part of this game :)
    I live on UTC + 1.

Trixis will speak in Purple.
    Act well before thinking!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    P.S. I believe adding your timezone would help. I believe mine is UTC +9. Also, Ian will speak in this color, though I may change to teal if it's too hard to read.
    Please use something less painful to the eye Dan.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    Please use something less painful to the eye Dan.
    Teal it is then.

Edit: Maybe I should retcon Ian's dweomer to being teal, as well.
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2017-05-06 at 05:18 AM.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Extended signature here.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thank you Dan :) Oh, is it ok if I call you Dan?

So, we have people from the US, East and West, from Korea and Central Europe. A great spread :)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you Dan :) Oh, is it ok if I call you Dan?

So, we have people from the US, East and West, from Korea and Central Europe. A great spread :)
    Sure, I'm fine with that. First time someone's called me that, honestly.

Also I agree that we've got a pretty big spread.

Extended signature here.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, danielxcutter is a mouthful so I went for Dan :)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Well, danielxcutter is a mouthful so I went for Dan :)
    Yeah plus it's super edgy.

Extended signature here.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

How is danielxcutter edgy? I mean I have the name of Satan in mine (although my name is actually a reference to an opera I love).

Edit: Is it alright if we move ahead a bit Speeddemon87 and have you catch up?
    Last edited by ZamielVanWeber; 2017-05-06 at 05:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZamielVanWeber View Post
    How is danielxcutter edgy? I mean I have the name of Satan in mine (although my name is actually a reference to an opera I love).
    Because that was the edgiest I could come up with when I first made that name, many years ago.

Extended signature here.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Edit: Is it alright if we move ahead a bit Speeddemon87 and have you catch up?
    Yeah moving ahead is fine, I'll catch up later. Sorry about that, it's just kinda busy here and really hard to get a wifi connection here. Will Arathana just be assumed to be in the background (not hard for an invisible pixie) or is she joining later on?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Okay. Catching up will work best I think.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

I am waiting for you guys to finish the early chat. If nothing comes up I will have you guys meet Robert tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I suppose having Ian mention her absence in passing would be acceptable? Like "According to Robert, our fourth member is currently absent." or something like that?

Extended signature here.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

That was the plan.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

That was the plan.
    Okay. I'll edit my last IC post to include that, if it's no problem - I don't think most of you can post at this time anyways, and I was the last person to post in the IC thread.

Extended signature here.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I am generally active from 14 00 EDT to 04 00 EDT, so you will never know.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

I am generally active from 14 00 EDT to 04 00 EDT, so you will never know.
    Hence why I said "most". I presume you're okay with my actions?

Extended signature here.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Woohoo! Thanks for having me, too.
    I have some equipment to wrap up.
    And, Derrussar will be speaking in Navy.

Edit- I know we were intentionally light on the magic but it looks like we are light on the skill monkey portion, too. Derrussar has Baleful Utterance, which can bypass some traps and such. It looks like Arathana can handle the sneaking/scouting while Trixis has some healing. I think, with Derrussar's UMD, he'll pick up some wands of CxW's and such.
    Any other suggestions?

Oh, UTC-8 (California).
    Probably a wand of Knock - no one has Trapfinding, after all, so we can't take out all the traps. Although I suppose I could grab a dorje of Psionic Knock, but wands are cheaper(0th-level spell wands cost half of a 1st-level power dorje if I remember correctly). Also wands of Prestigation or however you spell that - that cantrip is basically Wish-lite.

Also, Zamiel, how much are we applying psionics-magic transparency? What about Use Magic Device - can it be used to trigger psionic items? If so, we should get a dorje of Psionic Minor Creation - if not, that's the first power I'm going to research.

Edit: I'd say that we're not really that light on magic - I'm fairly close to a full manifester, Warlocks are decent blasters/BFCers even without all those class features related to Abuse Magic Device, and Trixis is a Cloistered Cleric, which is even more castery than normal clerics. Even Ana is a Swordsage with several maneuvers that count as supernatural abilities, and she has tons of racial SLAs. I suppose we are slightly short on utility magic, class-feature-wise, but I thought that's what UMD's for

Edit 2: I think that we'll have to substitute a large amount of arcane casting with both my powers and Damian's wands. Wands cut into WBL, but psionic powers are not strictly better than arcane versions. Example: Identify has fairly cheap(for what it does) material components. The psionic version, Psionic Identify, however, doesn't need them - but takes one day to manifest. A dorje or wand of Identify should be helpful.

Edit 3: Simba, this is a very good piece of advice for Cleric spells, although I think that list in particular was for a Favored Soul, so YMMV. Also, I think you got confused and wrote Ray of Resurgence instead of Ray of Hope or Resurgence, but that could just be me.

In general, I don't think melee combat is really viable right now for you. Buffs alone may not be enough in a combat, so debuffs and maybe a few SoDs and even direct damage spells might work. Shivering Touch is really good, and so is the Lesser version - it's a bit unbalanced, though.
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2017-05-07 at 11:26 PM.

Extended signature here.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thank you Dan for your suport! I know Trixis is far from optimized but I think it is ok for the T1 character in the party to be less than perfectly built. Trixis can provide healing and sooner or later I will get her a wand to help with it. And if we need her to be more efficient she will learn to be so :)

And you were right, I copied that wrong Resurgence it is :)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you Dan for your suport! I know Trixis is far from optimized but I think it is ok for the T1 character in the party to be less than perfectly built. Trixis can provide healing and sooner or later I will get her a wand to help with it. And if we need her to be more efficient she will learn to be so :)

And you were right, I copied that wrong Resurgence it is :)
    Well, true to an extent, but there's a difference between less than optimal and having a hard time pulling one's weight. I guess Knowledge Devotion helps a lot, but even so melee combat on a caster base isn't that easy. After Divine Power kicks in, it won't matter too much, since you get a boost to Str and BAB, but for now, leave the front lines to me.

Extended signature here.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Rolling to see if Ian can realize that Trixis is a Cleric of Rill Cleverthrush.

(1d20+6)[10]

Um... I'm pretty sure that's not high enough. What was the DC for that again?
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2017-05-08 at 02:07 AM.

Extended signature here.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, true to an extent, but there's a difference between less than optimal and having a hard time pulling one's weight. I guess Knowledge Devotion helps a lot, but even so melee combat on a caster base isn't that easy. After Divine Power kicks in, it won't matter too much, since you get a boost to Str and BAB, but for now, leave the front lines to me.
    Do you think she is too weak as she is? Of course I will not tank with her until she can hold her own.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Do you think she is too weak as she is? Of course I will not tank with her until she can hold her own.
    Compared to a more specialized melee combatant? Yeah, I guess she falls a little short, especially since you don't have any strong buffs prepared right now. However, she can still pull her weight perfectly, just not as a beatstick.

I think you're still better suited at melee than razorback's Derrussar, but you are not going out on the front lines without any buffs for that. At least prepare Divine Favor or Bull's Strength if you're going to do so - that should be enough in a pinch. You do have a good Con score, after all.

And physical combat isn't the only thing you can do. The Cleric list might fall short in terms of blasting and battle-field control, but that's only in comparison to Wizards and Druids. You still have a few spells on your list that can really help. Even if you're in melee, you can still cast debuffing touch spells like Bestow Curse or Shivering Touch.

In conclusion? She's not a great melee combatant, but she's not bad either, and she can do plenty of other things as well. And Divine Power's only two levels away.

Extended signature here.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Compared to a more specialized melee combatant? Yeah, I guess she falls a little short, especially since you don't have any strong buffs prepared right now. However, she can still pull her weight perfectly, just not as a beatstick.

I think you're still better suited at melee than razorback's Derrussar, but you are not going out on the front lines without any buffs for that. At least prepare Divine Favor or Bull's Strength if you're going to do so - that should be enough in a pinch. You do have a good Con score, after all.

And physical combat isn't the only thing you can do. The Cleric list might fall short in terms of blasting and battle-field control, but that's only in comparison to Wizards and Druids. You still have a few spells on your list that can really help. Even if you're in melee, you can still cast debuffing touch spells like Bestow Curse or Shivering Touch.

In conclusion? She's not a great melee combatant, but she's not bad either, and she can do plenty of other things as well. And Divine Power's only two levels away.
    I like playing characters that are a little different. After 30 years of playing RPGs I feel it is more fun than taking the usual, well walked path.
    That said, I will change her spell selection when we start out. But for now this is what Trixis felt she wanted to know for today ;-)

I really appreciate your input :)