New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2023-01-07 at 11:26 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Medusa's Hand Mirror [Semi Useful Cursed Item]

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Medusa's Hand Mirror

This fine silver glass mirror is encircled with ten serpents weaved around each other and holding a ruby in each of their mouths. Whenever a creature within 30 feet sees even part of their reflection directly in the mirror they must make a DC 19 Fortitude save or be turned to stone. A creature who successfully saves against this effect cannot be affected by it again for 1 round. A creature using this in a combat capacity is treated as having a petrification gaze attack, but there is a 20% chance each round of them being affected by the mirror. Creatures with a petrification gaze attack from a non-item source are immune to the effects of this item.

Strong Transmutation; CL 11; Craft Wondrous Item, flesh to stone, bestow curse; Price 66,000 gp.
    I was going to say that the DC seemed a little high. I mean, an actual Medusa's gaze attack is only DC15. But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that 19 would be the minimum DC of any wizard able to cast flesh to stone. So, yes, the DC is fine.