New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default I Know Your Damn Words! [IC, Group #1]

DAY ONE

You regain consciousness in a grimy cell you don't recognize. You retain full memory of your dream, but no negative side effects. You have no equipment, and you are wearing the same off-white smocks and breeches as in your dream.

As you groggily awake, a voice cuts through. "Wake up, damn it!" a man on a table screams, his panic cutting through the claustrophobic near dark.

Bars separate you all from the stranger, a struggling human with split lips and skin covered in a mapwork of fresh red lines. Heavy ropes lash the man to a splintery worktable.

Another figure, unsettlingly thin and wearing a blood-smeared doctor’s coat, circles the table casually—stopping every so often to scrutinize one of the man’s wounds or select a different object from a sideboard of shiny blades. Currently, she spins one blade of a broken pair of pruning shears, which glints in the dull light of the lamp suspended overhead. With careless cruelty, the doctor draws the blade across the bound man’s bare thigh, releasing a tortured wail.

None of you recognize the man screaming on the table. As you further regain your bearings, you realize you also don't recognize anyone in the room, including the other PCs.

The smaller table next to the one upon which the victim is bound displays an array of sharp instruments, none designed for use on living flesh: a gardening trowel, forks, several long pieces of broken glass or metal, and the other blade of the tormentor’s shears. Additionally, heavily loaded sacks lie near the door to the east.
    Spoiler: Al, Bangs, Jomah, & Zoo (only)
    Show
    You notice a set of keys dangling from a hook at the doctor's waist. In her pacing, she keeps well out of PCs' reach.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2017-12-24 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Updated Day Count
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: I Know Your Damn Words! [IC, Group #1]

Zoo lifts himself from the ground slowly, taking in the scene before him. He turns to his cell mate and eyes him cautiously. When he's established that he is just as confused, Zoo turns back to the doctor and whispers to the man beside him "Magpie sees something good on the doctor. Do you see it?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn lurches to his feet with a cry of anguish and terror as he looks down at himself moving his hands over his entire body trying to contain the creature that is tearing... forth... from...

Upon seeing he is whole and damaged he looks around...

Seeing Jomah, he crosses... I don't know you... Then crossing to Mack... But you... I never forget a face... Mr...Ch... Ch... and then he pales. Backing away... No... I don't know you, either.

He moves to the corner with his back to it and stares at the others and beyond the bars...
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The big man with wide fearful eyes and a tangled and matted full beard staggers to his feet and lunges at the bars to his cell.
    "Let me out!" he screams at the person performing the torture in front of the cell. "You've got the wrong man! I didn't do anything!"
    Frantically, he shakes and pulls on the bars with all his strength trying to escape.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar awakens facing a brick wall. For a moment he thinks he's still in the alley. With that thing... He reaches under his smock and runs a hand down the knobs of his backbone, making sure that his spine is still in place. That was a dream? It seemed so real. Felt so real. He looks up and takes in the other prisoners, the bars, the jailer and the torture in progress...

Prison? What exactly had he done, apparently while tripping balls on some seriously hard drugs? Maybe they just take drugs really seriously in this town. Which is... he realizes he can't remember. Holy %@#, what the hell did I take? And why did I think that was a good idea? He startles when his cellmate speaks up. "Something good? You see something good in here? I'm all ears. At least until Miss Manners over there cuts them off..."
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2016-10-24 at 01:28 PM.
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs sits up suddenly from his sleep, panting and covered in sweat, just sweat mind you, before wiping it away, ignoring that it is centered around his eyes, and calming his breathing. That is, he tried to calm his breathing, but being in a cell with a man tortured in front of him doesn't evoke a feeling of serenity.

Seeing the doctor's cruel experiments, and the others cries for freedom, Bangs remains silent. He feels alone, do the others not remember who they are? Do they know each other? Do they know him? Finally his gaze rests on the doctor. Why is she doing this? Does she enjoy it? Is she going to do the same to us?

Like a moth to a flame, Bangs stares at the doctor wondering what fuels her insanity.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using Read Aura* on the doctor as a FRA and lowering my defenses to do so. Reading the emotion aura.
    Perception: (1d20+9)[29]

*Cause I can't remember the names of things apparently
    Last edited by bcool999; 2016-10-24 at 05:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Grabing the bars, Aliendrei keeps silent for a second, look at his cellmate, then whispers :

"Why are you doing that..."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Mack wakes up to the new noises. He looks quizzically at the man who stares at him, then looks away. Mack licks his gumline as though he was dislodging food after eating. Speaking of which, was he hungry? He didn't think so, but so much was unfamiliar. Looking around the cell, he takes in as much of the detail as his perception will allow, cataloging the quality of the stone and mortar, observing what type of creatures might be in the rushes at his feet, noting the smells and sounds as much as he sees and feels. Once he figures out what's going on, Mack walks to the bars to see what's going on outside. As he approaches the cell door, Mack pays close attention to the lock, wondering if he can determine what country he's in by the shape of the lock. He then decides to say something comforting to his new cellmates.

"At least we're not getting eaten by a poorly-conjured viper."
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Whispering still, Zoo says to his cellmate "There is something good. The keys on the doctors hip, I could try to reach them but it would be hard."

An akward smile splits his unpleasant scarred face, showcasing his suprisingly nice teeth "At least we know there is a way out now."

10. - Top - End - #10

R1T22: Zoo lifts himself from the ground slowly, taking in the scene before him. He turns to his cell mate and eyes him cautiously. When he's established that he is just as confused, Zoo turns back to the doctor and whispers to the man beside him "Magpie sees something good on the doctor. Do you see it?"

R1T21: Björn lurches to his feet with a cry of anguish and terror as he looks down at himself moving his hands over his entire body trying to contain the creature that is tearing... forth... from...

Upon seeing he is whole and damaged he looks around...

Seeing Jomah, he crosses. "I don't know you." Then, crossing to Mack, "But, you... I never forget a face... Mr...Ch... Ch..." and then he pales, backing away. "No... I don't know you, either."

He moves to the corner with his back to it and stares at the others and beyond the bars.

R1T20: The doctor, careful not to get near the cells without looking overly cautious, mutters various things and takes another cut along the man on the table. He screams in pain and she has a look of delight.

R1T19: Mack wakes up to the new noises. He looks quizzically at the man who stares at him, then looks away. Mack licks his gumline as though he was dislodging food after eating. Speaking of which, was he hungry? He didn't think so, but so much was unfamiliar. Looking around the cell, he takes in as much of the detail as his perception will allow, cataloging the quality of the stone and mortar, observing what type of creatures might be in the rushes at his feet, noting the smells and sounds as much as he sees and feels. Once he figures out what's going on, Mack walks to the bars to see what's going on outside. As he approaches the cell door, Mack pays close attention to the lock, wondering if he can determine what country he's in by the shape of the lock. (Alas, no.) He then decides to say something comforting to his new cellmates.

"At least we're not getting eaten by a poorly-conjured viper."

R1T18: The big man with wide fearful eyes and a tangled and matted full beard staggers to his feet and lunges at the bars to his cell.

"Let me out!" he screams at the person performing the torture in front of the cell. "You've got the wrong man! I didn't do anything!"

Frantically, he shakes and pulls on the bars with all his strength trying to escape, but these bars are sturdy, and meant to keep powerful people contained.

The doctor turns to him and hisses "Quiet!" ... her face temporarily changing form to look like the frantic big man's face, before returning to her own normal face and she goes back to her "work."

R1T17: Bangs sits up suddenly from his sleep, panting and covered in sweat - just sweat, mind you - before wiping it away, ignoring that it is centered around his eyes, and calming his breathing. That is, he tried to calm his breathing, but being in a cell with a man tortured in front of him doesn't evoke a feeling of serenity.

Seeing the doctor's cruel experiments, and the others cries for freedom, Bangs remains silent. He feels alone, do the others not remember who they are? Do they know each other? Do they know him? Finally his gaze rests on the doctor. Why is she doing this? Does she enjoy it? Is she going to do the same to us?

Like a moth to a flame, Bangs stares at the doctor wondering what fuels her insanity.
    Spoiler: Bangs (and bcool)
    Show

He does not know anyone here. He does not know if anyone knows him. She does seem to mutter nonsense about "pain response" but has no real scientific approach. She seems to enjoy this. You don't know if she is going to do the same to you. However, given her enjoyment of her "experiments" and that this poor man cannot last much longer, it is a safe bet she'll be moving on to test other creatures when her plaything is no longer playing.

Note, I will roll for information/interaction-based things, just prompt me to do so. Still, her emotions are a mix of excitement and pleasure as she goes about her work.

R1T16: Akbar awakens facing a brick wall. For a moment he thinks he's still in the alley. With that thing... He reaches under his smock and runs a hand down the knobs of his backbone, making sure that his spine is still in place. That was a dream? It seemed so real. Felt so real. He looks up and takes in the other prisoners, the bars, the jailer and the torture in progress...

Prison? What exactly had he done, apparently while tripping balls on some seriously hard drugs? Maybe they just take drugs really seriously in this town. Which is... he realizes he can't remember. Holy %@#, what the hell did I take? And why did I think that was a good idea?

He startles when his cellmate speaks up. "Something good? You see something good in here? I'm all ears. At least until Miss Manners over there cuts them off..."

Whispering still, Zoo says to his cellmate "There is something good. The keys on the doctors hip, I could try to reach them but it would be hard."

An akward smile splits his unpleasant scarred face, showcasing his suprisingly nice teeth "At least we know there is a way out now."

R1T14: Grabbing the bars, Aliendrei keeps silent for a second, look at his cellmate (Bangs), then whispers, "Why are you doing that?"

R1T10: "Please, someone ... please," says the man wanly, "someone help me, please."

What now? Feel free to post ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-24 at 08:34 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Shocked out of his examination of the doctor and his intuitive knowledge of the pleasure she gains from her pursuits, Bangs turns and faces his cellmate and distractedly says in a whisper, "N-nothing. Listen, that man won't last much longer, we need to help him and get out of here, can you distract the doctor for a second?"

Focusing back on the injured man as he whimpers, Bangs attempts something from the dream, the feeling of reaching out and attempting a connection to another being.

Show
    Attempting to establish a Collective with Victim McVictimface, and Al.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The big man seems to not hear the admonishment of the torturer and his efforts to escape increase.
    "LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!" He screams as he thrashes at the bars.
    As he strains against the bars, his muscles bulge and he seems to grow larger. Then he definitely grows larger as his head nearly brushes the ceiling of the dank cell.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Seeing the man grow larger, Björn realises this may be his opportunity... If he can help the... thing... muscle open the bars, perhaps he can escape and get back to... back to...Someone? Was there someone waiting for him? Yes... There is always someone waiting... Waiting to grab him... To torture him... To tear him apart... That poor man on the table... He must be helped...

Coming forward near the creature that was once a man he says, We must help him...

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Still grabing the bars, Aliendrei starts shaking his hands, lowly grummeling...

"Set us free! Set him free!"

Show
    Sorry, my last post wasn't clear, my question was toward the doctor. Also, it's not clear, why would we believe we are human? I don't see how a fugue would make us think we are something else than what we are (thinking otherwise is specism, at least I think).

Finally, do we have no memories of the dream?
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

15. - Top - End - #15

R2T18: The big man seems to not hear the admonishment of the torturer and his efforts to escape increase.

"LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!" he screams as he thrashes at the bars. As he strains against the bars, his muscles bulge and he seems to grow larger. Then he definitely grows larger as his head nearly brushes the ceiling of the dank cell.

NOBODY is more surprised when this happens than the 11-foot-tall, black-bearded giant himself!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figured out what you were doing, mainly because you prefaced it in the OOC with a question, but please do as you did non-spoilered ... that was great. Then, in spoilers give the "crunch" ... "I use the Enlarge ability ... blah-blah..." We are just getting started and I don't know your characters, and I don't feel like being a detective reading an essay ever time someone posts without giving the crunch. Thanks.

Next, FYI ... it only lasts a round, and you did it at the end of your round. This is Jomah surprised and learning about his abilities, of course, but he has to do set it up again at the beginning of his next round if he wants to make it useful.

Seeing the man grow larger, Björn realises this may be his opportunity... If he can help the... thing... muscle open the bars, perhaps he can escape and get back to... back to...Someone? Was there someone waiting for him? Yes... There is always someone waiting... Waiting to grab him... To torture him... To tear him apart... That poor man on the table... He must be helped...

Coming forward near the creature that was once a man he says, "We must help him..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please do the DM a favor ... use quotation marks. Thanks.

R2T17.8-.5: The doctor turns and hisses as if to say something to the cell holding the giant and she seems a little - WHUMPF!-CLANG!

Unnoticed was that the prisoner on the table, though truly bloody and weak, took advantage of her momentary distraction previously and struggled in his blood-soaked bindings and managed to get a leg free. He desperately kicked her in the small of the back right into the bars of the cell with the giant, the guy who just whispered to him (and the weaker man towards the back of the cell, pushed even further back because of the grown man). It was an unbelievably lucky strike and it crits her so that she takes 10 to the back and bonks her head on the bars for a minor concussion (1 INT & 1 WIS damage).

R2T17: Shocked out of his examination of the doctor and his intuitive knowledge of the pleasure she gains from her pursuits, and then by the sudden frackas, Bangs turns and faces his cellmate and distractedly says in a whisper, "N-nothing. Listen, that man won't last much longer, we need to help him and get out of here?"

Focusing back on the injured man as he whimpers, Bangs attempts something from the dream, the feeling of reaching out and attempting a connection to another being.
    Spoiler: Aliendrei
    Show
    Al, it seems as if there is some type of ... something ... a sensation you've never quite felt before. It is as a tickling at the mind. Do you embrace it or shy away from it?

Spoiler: Bangs
    Show
    You almost feel, strange. Like somehow your desire to conspire with your cellmate gives you - might give you - some type of connection. It is a strange feeling. But it doesn't stop there. The victim's combat-tense body pauses for a micro-second ... and he looks right at you with a quizzical look. He nods, and when he does, you suddenly feel like you are definitely "connected" in a way that's hard to describe.

Then, it gets stranger, for in your mind you hear his voice, "Name's Ben. It's like you're trying to open a collective? I trust you; we're connected now."

R2T16: Akbar, it is now truly active in here. The victim kicked the doctor against the far cell and it was a nasty kick. She's right on the bars as the cell with the now-giant in it. What do you do?

Aliendrei, your posted actions from before don't work now (or rather, I am allowing you to adapt to the situation). You're on deck, what do you do?
    Spoiler: Aliendrei (silphael)
    Show
    As players you created your characters and defined a race. However, for the purposes of story, none of you actually began (at least your lives) as a witchwalker/ ifrit/ tiefling/ erinyes/ whatever. You started ... story-wise/ RP-wise ... as humans. Now, post events of the dream, you are ... different. Of course, you could have had an insanity or feral nature before that manifested as an insanity that made you believe you've been this all along anyway, so how you RP it is up to you. But for the purposes of dramatic irony, you ONLY JUST BECAME your race coming out of the dream. The fact that Al mentioned in-dream that he was "always this way" and that the dream deals with the subconscious informs that Al may very well have no idea he was ever actually human.

You, especially you, have memories of the dream just fine. It's terrifying "realness" carries forward in a way that bubbles closer to the conscious mind than most dreams.

Zoo and BV, you are effectively delaying, so feel free to post as well.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-25 at 07:58 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar doesn't know what the man on the table has done. For all he knows the guy could be in here for shoplifting... or because they found him in the woods, in a cabin made out of the bones of dead hookers. But he does know what the woman torturing him is all about. She is enjoying her work far too much. It's not about whatever her victim deserves or does not deserve. She needs an attitude adjustment right soon. Especially before the rest of them get a turn on that table...

After his cellmate's whisper, his eyes initially go the the ring of keys on her belt. He's pretty sure he distract her, start up a conversation. He's oddly good at that... But then the fight starts and it's too late for words. The nice ones, at least. He stares at the jailer and thinks at her as hard as he can... F#@K YOU!

Spoiler
    Show
    Apply Painful Stare to Jailer
    Cast Ear Piercing Scream at Jailer
    Damage (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2016-10-25 at 09:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

R2T16: Akbar doesn't know what the man on the table has done. For all he knows the guy could be in here for shoplifting... or because they found him in the woods, in a cabin made out of the bones of dead hookers. But he does know what the woman torturing him is all about. She is enjoying her work far too much. It's not about whatever her victim deserves or does not deserve. She needs an attitude adjustment right soon. Especially before the rest of them get a turn on that table...

After his cellmate's whisper, his eyes initially go the the ring of keys on her belt. He's pretty sure he distract her, start up a conversation. He's oddly good at that... But then the fight starts and it's too late for words. The nice ones, at least. He stares at the jailer and thinks at her as hard as he can... F#@K YOU!

He then speaks strange words and moves his hands in a strange way. Nothing seems to happen from this but something seems to have rocked her world and she is dazed
    Spoiler: Akbar
    Show
    With painful stare and a roll, she suffered 11 sonic damage!

However, that spell is a sorcerer spell ... not mesmerist/ psychic ... so still has V, S components.

R2T14: Aliendrei, what do you do?

Zoo and BV aare both on deck and in the hole, and both were delaying, so they can go anytime. Mack is also delaying and can go anytime.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-25 at 09:42 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

HalflingRangerGuy

"Let's see... Let's see... It didn't work last time, but that's because he missed. Could it be that I really can call something out of the ether to help the man on the table? Maybe he can get the keys. Let's try again..."

Mack focuses his mental energies, trying to call the viper from his dream into the cell. It should be small enough to get through the bars, and it's even likely that it could somehow move the keys off the man's belt, but that would be kind of obvious, now wouldn't it? Perhaps another choice would make more sense.

When the viper arrives, Mack directs his thoughts at the viper's mind while whispering: "Avoid the larger creatures and bring me... Mack visualizes as many things as he can which resemble lockpicks. With things getting so hectic, he wondered if Ouro would ever be able to make an appearance.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Zoo looks back and forth between the doctor and his cellmate.

"Please don't freakout." He says before a flash of green light surrounds him and expands.

What emerges is the large hooved dog from Zoo's dream, it's long neck and head poking through the bars.

Show

Using a move action and a spell point to shapeshift with animalistic transformation, size change to large, and lunge from bestial reflexes. If the doctor is close enough (10ft) I'll make a bite attack. If not I'll ready an action to bite if she gets closer.
    DC 12 fort save vs sickened, 1d20+5 to hit, 1d8+6 for bite damage.

20. - Top - End - #20

R2T15: "Let's see... Let's see... It didn't work last time, but that's because he missed. Could it be that I really can call something out of the ether to help the man on the table? Maybe he can get the keys. Let's try again..."
    Spoiler: Babbler
    Show
    By the way, in quotes and non-italicized means you are talking aloud.

Mack focuses his mental energies, trying to call the viper from his dream into the cell. It should be small enough to get through the bars, and it's even likely that it could somehow move the keys off the woman's belt, but that would be kind of obvious, now wouldn't it? Perhaps another choice would make more sense.

Sure enough, a viper appears right at Mack's feet (the only safe place with that big galoot in the cell with you). Mack directs his thoughts at the viper's mind while whispering: "Avoid the larger creatures and bring me..." Mack visualizes as many things as he can which resemble lockpicks. With things getting so hectic, he wondered if Ourolini - a draconic creature that seems to be elusively hiding in his dreams - would ever be able to make an appearance. In the meantime, the viper hisses and is defensive, but doesn't really do anything. Mack doesn't really sense any kind of mental link or anything special.

R2T14.5: Zoo looks back and forth between the doctor and his cellmate. "Please don't freakout," he says before a flash of green light surrounds him and expands.

What emerges is the large-hooved dog from Zoo's dream, it's long neck and head poking through the bars.

R2T14: Aliendrei, what do you do?

Björn, you have been delaying, so feel free to post. Otherwise you're on deck anyway. Brother Jomah in the hole (post if you dare, but circumstances might change) ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-25 at 11:19 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn continues to hold his action after seeing what has taken place outside and waiting to see what his big companion will do...

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

As quickly as he grew, the bearded man returns to his normal size. Moving surprisingly quick for a big man, he reaches though the bars to grab the torturer.
    Spoiler: Gotcha
    Show

attempt to grapple the strange woman. Brother Jonah doesn't have imp. Grapple so might have AOO.

Eyes still wide but no longer afraid, the man smiles at the face of his captor.
    "How about you let us out of here, luv?"
    He speaks to his cell mates without looking away from the woman. "Get the keys!"

23. - Top - End - #23

HalflingRangerGuy

"Little friend, go get the keys, and bring them to me!"
    Last edited by srgonzo; 2016-10-28 at 08:47 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

R2T14: Aliendrei's shouts at the doctor now turn to shouting for others to grab her keys.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T21:
    Björn continues to hold his action after seeing what has taken place outside and waiting to see what his big companion will do.

R3T18: As quickly as he grew, the bearded man returns to his normal size. Moving surprisingly quick for a big man, he reaches though the bars to grab the torturer. A torture implement and not a true weapon - in fact, not even a true torture implement, the woman wildly swings at the man with the balding pate. Between a poor weapon and the man's desire not to get hit he doesn't grab her.

Eyes still wide but no longer afraid, the man smiles at the face of his captor. "How about you let us out of here, luv?"

He speaks to his cell mates without looking away from the woman. "Get the keys!"

R3T16: The weak man in the same cell, towards the back, says, ""Little friend, go get the keys, and bring them to me!"

The snake doesn't seem to know what to do and hisses in place.

Björn, do you break your delay to try to get the keys from the woman? She's not grappled, but she does seem to be fully focused on the man trying to grab her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you do go for the keys, roll a Dexterity check. You are sure she is focused enough that she won't attack you, but this looks like it will be fairly challenging for you.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-28 at 09:45 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn will reach out the bars for the keys...

Spoiler: Whoa... We're half way there...
    Show
    Dex check:(1d20+1)[13]

26. - Top - End - #26

R3T17.9: Björn gets his fingers on the key ... so close, so close, but he just. can't. grab. them. And she pulls away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The DC is a 14 ... Doh!

R3T17.8: The man on the slab gets free of his bindings and flanks the woman with those in the cell.

R3T17.5: The doctor, though able to defend herself, seems to have been dazed by something for the past several seconds and there are blood trickles at her ears.

R3T17: Bangs is taken aback by the voice in his head, and doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. Still, he concentrates from the relative calm on his side of the room and the man's wounds begin to knit (3).

R3T16: Akbar, what do you do?

Mack on deck, Zoo in the hole, Aliendrei delaying ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar watches the others join the fight, or attempt to, and realizes that they resemble the people from his dream, or bad trip or whatever that was. And the snake. He hopes it's not that snake... But first things first. Ms. Manners and her knives need to be put out of action. Whatever he's doing seems to be working pretty well, so he decides to keep it up. He gestures and mumbles another expletive, barely audible... but inside the jailer's head it must sound like a cannon going off...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ear Piercing Scream vs. jailer w/Painful Stare
    Damage (1d6)[6]

28. - Top - End - #28

R3T16: Akbar watches the others join the fight, or attempt to, and realizes that they resemble the people from his dream, or bad trip or whatever that was. And the snake. He hopes it's not that snake... But, first things first. Ms. Manners and her knives need to be put out of action. Whatever he's doing seems to be working pretty well, so he decides to keep it up. He gestures and mumbles another expletive, barely audible... but inside the jailer's head it must sound like a cannon going off...doing 7 sonic and she appears to continue to be dazed!

R3T15: Mack, what do you do?

Zoo on deck, Al (delaying) in the hole ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Zoo lowers his head and charges the door of his cell, eager to escape.

30. - Top - End - #30

R3T15: Mack, instead of going for complex, takes a different tack as he shouts and points, "Bite the doctor. That thing! Her there! Attack!"

Now that the snake seems to get as it moves in a little to bite the doctor. She's midway through a partial crouch in her movements and it bites her in the breast for 1. It is hard to tell since she is loopy if the poison will affect her or not.

R3T14.5: Zoo lowers his head and charges the door of his cell, eager to escape. He slams into the door and cracks his skull hard for 9, causing him to reel some as the blood comes down his head.

Al is delaying ...

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T18: Brother Jomah, what do you do?

Björn on deck, tortured/badly wounded man in the hole, Aliendrei delaying (feel free to post) ...
    Show