Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Default Fort Triumph, video game, looking for a writer

Mods: If this doesn't abide by the rules, I apologize and please delete the post. I genuinely believe people here would be interested in hearing about this opportunity

So, this is an odd one. We're looking for a writer for our D&D-like video game. The style of writing we'd like is very similar to OotS, and I thought this forum would be a great place to find people who love writing

Our game is like "XCOM meets D&D", with physics and humor. We have a playable demo that you're welcome to try, and you can see glimpses of the writing direction in the dialogues in it. I think we've captured a bit of the OotS magic (though it's a very early prototype)

You can find the game on Steam, and there's a Kickstarter that explains things better than I could here

If you think you can pull off the style, please send me a PM, we have a job for you :)

Thanks, and apologies again if this isn't the place for this

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fort Triumph, video game, looking for a writer

Interesting. Do you have a story already?

I should like to point you to one of my play-by-post games, because - if you have the patience to read through it - you'll get a pretty good idea of how I write. Also, while it's not a comic relief game, it has it's occasional humor.

Obviously, I have no idea if this is the sort of thing you're looking for. But have a look at The Necromancer, and pm me for contact information if you're interested.

Edit: Or I could PM you =)
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-05-19 at 11:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Job opportunities might be something of a moral grey area, since advertising for profit is explicitly banned. Even if the mods approve of this, though, this is not the place to put it. I assume that it would go under Gaming (Other).

Oh, and um, do you hire 17-year olds? It'd be nice to get my foot in the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein, as well
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Getting a lot more responses in PMs than I thought there would be :) That's awesome. Thanks for getting back :)

General questions people have asked (and some of the above questions):

1. "What do you need? It seems the demo is written" - The demos story/dialogues are a prototype. We learned a lot from it, and now we want someone to write characters/events/etc that will actually be in the game, in the style of the prototype (or better yet, the general OotS style. I think of it as light-hearted humor, ridiculousness, inside jokes, but also plenty of sophistication)

2. Full time/Part time - Very flexible on full/part time, whatever's comfortable for you

3. Paid/Not Paid - Paid. Either from the games profits 4 months from now or now from the Kickstarters funds. For the right person, if you really nail the style, we can talk about shares (but that happens after working together for a bit)
    Be aware the salary's not the highest. But I'm confident that if we get the style right, the game will go far, and we can talk raises and shares

4. Age limits - As long as it's legal to hire you, sure. The tricky part is passing the writing test

If it sounds interesting, and you've played the demo and think you can pull off a humorous style - send me an email to [email protected] and we'll send you a writers test.
    But try to send an email only if you think you can do something in the direction of a comedic style. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just be light and get a chuckle or two

edit:
    If you message me, make sure you have space in your inbox or I can't get back to you (ahem, Togo ;))

Not sure if to post in Gaming (Other).. With the KS link in the post, it might be seen as spam. Which it is not, we genuinely want to find a writer. Would love it if an admin pitched in
    Last edited by adamzeira; 2017-05-23 at 04:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

The KS campaign has ended successfully and the game is on course to launch, still have a position for a writer we'd love to fill :) PM me
    Last edited by adamzeira; 2017-05-23 at 02:05 PM.