New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

Long time lurker here and I'm wondering if someone could find something for me. I have yet mastered my Search Fu, so maybe you masters can help me. I am looking for a warrior using a scimitar and shield, with middle eastern like skin tone, swathed in a blue and green cloak. I would like him to be lightly to moderately armored if possible.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonomen20 View Post
    Long time lurker here and I'm wondering if someone could find something for me. I have yet mastered my Search Fu, so maybe you masters can help me. I am looking for a warrior using a scimitar and shield, with middle eastern like skin tone, swathed in a blue and green cloak. I would like him to be lightly to moderately armored if possible.
    Quick search gave me this. Cloak is more grey-blue, and skin-tone is uncertain, but matches the other points. Others can probably find better, but in case you need it quick, this is it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by DeTess; 2017-11-26 at 04:51 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I've got a request as well. I've been trying to find a picture of a gambler or card shark. Male, fancy clothes, and a top hat. If you could help me, that'd be great. Thank you!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis View Post
    I've got a request as well. I've been trying to find a picture of a gambler or card shark. Male, fancy clothes, and a top hat. If you could help me, that'd be great. Thank you!
    Dug these up with a bit of searching:

Spoiler
    Show
    Doesn't have the top hat, but gets "card shark with fancy clothes:"

Kinda a top hat, but magic cards and not particularly fancy clothes:

I have a request of my own, if I may: female, red hair, carries a scimitar or similar curved blade, looks mostly human except for coal-black eyes (she's a Pathfinder Ifrit). Preferably light to medium armor that is at least somewhat realistic.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Leon; 2017-11-26 at 09:53 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anybody have tieflings(or any horned people really) with forward pointing horns that make a headbutt a lethal weapon? Something other than giant curled ram horns, more compact. Female ideally, but I'll take whatever.

7. - Top - End - #157

Not so forward pointing but these ladies are all quite horny and know for using their heads in combat
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Leon; 2017-11-27 at 04:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

More from my other half - I must try to answer requests now and then, for tax!

Spoiler: Halfling druid
    Show

Spoiler: Redhead ranger
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quite nice as well!
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for a staff/Quarterstaff with preferably angelic motifs in the design (wings maybe?), but still be able to be used as a melee weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Has anyone ever made any art of some cheesy character builds? It would be funny to see some of them represented graphically, especially a literal coffeelock.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Has anyone ever made any art of some cheesy character builds? It would be funny to see some of them represented graphically, especially a literal coffeelock.
    Really, there are a LOT of builds that I would like to see made into art, not just the obviously famous ones. Ordinary gish images are fairly easy to find, but it's not as easy for, say, a Swiftblade build or a psionic gish(that's cleary a psionics user at least), and don't even get me started on Incarnum users.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

The Coffeelock build is based upon a technicality.

Thus, I give you her picture, in raw naked glory:

Spoiler: Coffeelock
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    The Coffeelock build is based upon a technicality.

Thus, I give you her picture, in raw naked glory:

Spoiler: Coffeelock
    Show

Brilliant!

I'm in awe.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

I'm assuming that "coffeelocks" are a sort of Hellfire Warlock build?

Honestly that prestige class *is* pretty good even without cheese, as long as you have a way to keep your Con in check. Which is fairly easy and more than worth it.

Extended sig here.

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Looking for a staff/Quarterstaff with preferably angelic motifs in the design (wings maybe?), but still be able to be used as a melee weapon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Leon; 2017-12-05 at 12:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I'm assuming that "coffeelocks" are a sort of Hellfire Warlock build?

Honestly that prestige class *is* pretty good even without cheese, as long as you have a way to keep your Con in check. Which is fairly easy and more than worth it.
    A "coffeelock" is a way of gaming the multiclassing synergy of the warlock/sorcerer in 5th edition for near-infinite spell slots. The catch is that it only works if the user never takes a long rest. Hence the coffee.
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    A "coffeelock" is a way of gaming the multiclassing synergy of the warlock/sorcerer in 5th edition for near-infinite spell slots. The catch is that it only works if the user never takes a long rest. Hence the coffee.
    Oh yeah, forgot D&D =/= 3.5e for a bit. How exactly does that work?

By the way, does anyone have an image for a psionic gish? That is, a character who uses psionics and does physical combat. Honestly, a typical "spellsword" type image would probably cut it, especially since in 3.5e psionics are basically just another magic subsystem and thus don't look entirely different, but I'd still like a more psionicy feel. Futuristic or crystal equipment work fine, as the former has more psionicish feel and as for the latter, many psionic items are made of crystal, so that works too. Human(or at least looks human), using a two-handed weapon of some sort - swords are fine, but other types, such as hammers or spears, say, work too.

Extended sig here.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot D&D =/= 3.5e for a bit. How exactly does that work?
    In 5e, most spellcasters (including sorcerers) have a certain number of spell slots. When they're expended, they don't come back until you take a long rest. Mid to high level sorcerers have a resource called Sorcery Points. They can spend sorcery points for two things: creating new spell slots or using metamagic to power up their spells. If a sorcerer creates a new spell slot with sorcery points, it lasts until their next long rest and then goes away (so when the rest is done, they're back at their default number of slots) They can also burn spell slots to create more sorcery points, so they can use metamagic more often.

Warlock is unique among spellcasters because it has far fewer spell slots, but they come back at the end of a short or long rest instead of just a long rest. So if you multiclass a pinch of warlock with a heap of sorcerer, you can burn your warlock spell slots to create sorcery points, then burn those sorcery points to get sorcerer spell slots. Then when you take a short rest, you get your warlock spell slots back, but you still have the new sorcerer slots you created.

The trick is that with some prep work (being an elf, getting a warlock class feature that makes it so you no longer require sleep, and/or having a spell on hand to cure the effects of sleep deprivation) you can just never take a long rest. When the party takes an 8 hour long rest, you instead take 7 short rests (you have to break them up with periods of activity, so you can't take 8). So overnight, you accumulate sorcerer spell slots that are effectively permanent since you never sleep. Given enough downtime (or if you're spending fewer slots than you generate at night), you eventually amass an arbitrarily large number of slots, aka "going infinite".

The limiting factors are that a) sorcery points can only create slots up to 5th level, so you get literally only 1 use of your 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th level spells unless you sleep and restart the accumulation process and that b) a lot of DMs see the build as abusive and ban it

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

annoyed Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

Quote Originally Posted by gloryblaze View Post
    In 5e, most spellcasters (including sorcerers) have a certain number of spell slots. When they're expended, they don't come back until you take a long rest. Mid to high level sorcerers have a resource called Sorcery Points. They can spend sorcery points for two things: creating new spell slots or using metamagic to power up their spells. If a sorcerer creates a new spell slot with sorcery points, it lasts until their next long rest and then goes away (so when the rest is done, they're back at their default number of slots) They can also burn spell slots to create more sorcery points, so they can use metamagic more often.

Warlock is unique among spellcasters because it has far fewer spell slots, but they come back at the end of a short or long rest instead of just a long rest. So if you multiclass a pinch of warlock with a heap of sorcerer, you can burn your warlock spell slots to create sorcery points, then burn those sorcery points to get sorcerer spell slots. Then when you take a short rest, you get your warlock spell slots back, but you still have the new sorcerer slots you created.

The trick is that with some prep work (being an elf, getting a warlock class feature that makes it so you no longer require sleep, and/or having a spell on hand to cure the effects of sleep deprivation) you can just never take a long rest. When the party takes an 8 hour long rest, you instead take 7 short rests (you have to break them up with periods of activity, so you can't take 8). So overnight, you accumulate sorcerer spell slots that are effectively permanent since you never sleep. Given enough downtime (or if you're spending fewer slots than you generate at night), you eventually amass an arbitrarily large number of slots, aka "going infinite".

The limiting factors are that a) sorcery points can only create slots up to 5th level, so you get literally only 1 use of your 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th level spells unless you sleep and restart the accumulation process and that b) a lot of DMs see the build as abusive and ban it
    Interesting. Not quite as broken as Bestow Power with power point conservation methods - literally infinite power points! - but yeah, anything that involves loops is pretty unbalanced.

Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #171

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Looking for a male Tiefling Druid or Shaman looking dude, preferably with rams horns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm, sharpen the edges on those and they'd be kick-a as axe. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Looking for a male Tiefling Druid or Shaman looking dude, preferably with rams horns.
    I found this through a simple google search, but it is watermarked unfortunately.
    Spoiler
    Show
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    I found this through a simple google search, but it is watermarked unfortunately.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neat, looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

My google-fu is weak and I can't find what i'm looking for.

I'm looking for a spellcaster//illusionist that's playing cards at a table, the implication being he's using magic to cheat.

Glowing eyes preferable.

Silver eyes preferable.

Elf or Fey preferable.

What tributes should I make to assist this process?
    Last edited by Sivarias; 2017-12-12 at 02:35 PM.
    You can call me Sivarias or Siv.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: I had something like that in my image folder...
    Show

No Glowing Silver eyes, but definitely an elf playing cards.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2017-12-12 at 02:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Spoiler: I had something like that in my image folder...
    Show

No Glowing Silver eyes, but definitely an elf playing cards.
    Thanks. I was looking for something more magical going on though. The idea was he was using magic to cheat at cards. Illusioning the cards to show what he needs them to to win. Etc.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think youre going to struggle to find someone overtly visibly cheating without getting beaten up over it, although something like a magic mirror behind their opponent might work. As it turns out, if youre visibly cheating, you tend to get caught.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I think youre going to struggle to find someone overtly visibly cheating without getting beaten up over it, although something like a magic mirror behind their opponent might work. As it turns out, if youre visibly cheating, you tend to get caught.
    Case of audiences. The audience knows he's cheating (person reading the book, watching the show, playing the game) but the other characters don't know he's cheating. Harder to do in a visual medium, which is why I just wanted it to be obvious he was a spellcaster, who just happened to play cards. Let imagination fill in all the other details.