New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Shattered Star II: Curse of the Lady's Light (IC)

R12T24: Erima moves as far as she can toward the west while remaining withing the cloud, planning to use her reach to get the creature. She gets stopped from her trajectory by almost running into Telgarana, who seems to be in combat with something Erima is unable to see. That said, Erima realizes her reach will be useless, as she is unable to see beyond 5 feet in the cloud.

R12T22: The Scribe also rockets west, passing underneath Erima's legs to go past her. He shouts, "Contact! She's a flier, but at deck level."

Within that portion of the cloud, he has come up next to Telgarana. He chokes up on the haft of his ranseur and silvery energy limns the business end of his polearm as he attacks the sinspawn, but the weapon is deflected. For a second, it seems to Telgarana and Erima (who can see The Scribe, but not the target) as if he is overcome only briefly by some type of trance.

R12T21: The enemy withdraws from the visible file of three heroes.

R12T16: Iluvar, you see the sinspawn zoom out of the cloud at high speed, and gaining altitude - currently at a height of 25' off the ground. Since the ceiling is 30', this means she is effectively flying at ceiling level, and much closer to the dais. What do you do? And do you say anything to the mass of fellows that see nothing from within the cloud?

Telgarana on deck, Rezah in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

"It is on the ceiling about 30 feet from the edge of the cloud!", Iluvar shout. Iluvar then moves towards the dais.

Spoiler: double move
    Show

I will double move
    2 spaces diagonally nw
    12 spaces west
    SwA: activate sandals of lightest step.
    Last edited by Tippnick; 2022-02-08 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Color of speech and bold

3. - Top - End - #423

R12T16: "It is on the ceiling about 30 feet from the edge of the cloud!" Iluvar shouts. Iluvar then moves towards and just up onto the dais, having to juke a little around one of the western pillars.

R12T15: Telgarana, you hear Iluvar's position report, so enemy will not be able to be met in melee. Then, what do you intend to do?
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll a Fort save. Also, please don't roll Perception checks. I roll them.

Rezah on deck, Fallon in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Spoiler: I hope you get a charge out of this!
    Show
    Telgarana will head out of the cloud in the direction of Illuvar's voice. If she can get line of sight on the creature, she will as a swift action activate her arcane armor training and then cast lightning bolt invoking her harmful surge to Maximise the damage to 42 electricity Refex Save DC 16 Harmful Surge Damage (3d4)[6] This damage will bypass the ablative armor spell

TAKE THIS!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save (d20+9)[10]

6. - Top - End - #426

R12T15: Telly formed a plan in her mind about evading the stinking cloud, but the cloud dissipates! As it does, Telly sees the sinspawn clearly. She concentrates on feeling the fullness of her armor and how to not let it weigh down her casting. She calls upon that morning's preparation while casting a spell, and let's loose with a bolt of lightning shile shouting "TAKE THIS!"

To her credit, the sinspawn quickly moves aside just enough that she would've minimized impact, but then the electricity that hits her rolls around her as if she were a living Faraday device, unaffected by Telly's magic.

R12T8: Rezah, clearly not pleased with a flyer, puts away his shield and scimitar.

End Round 12, Begin Round 13 ...

R13T25:
    Fallon begins flying west, getting a little more altitude. She holds up her hand and concentrates, and the whole area around the sinspawn explodes in golden faerie dust, and the sinspawn just manages to keep from getting blinded, but is so covered in glitter that she is very visible.

R13T24: Erima, what do you do?

The Scribe, Sinspawn in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-02-08 at 09:19 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima advances steadily west, making sure to stand under the creature so that her reach can reach it.

Show
    Double move action, 1 square NW, the rest W, stopping while the creature is still above me (on my NE corner) so it's within reach.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #428

R13T24: Erima advances steadily west, making sure to stand under the creature so that her reach can reach it.

R13T22: The Scribe enters a stance promoting pure speed and zooms up and around Erima while getting out a bola. He throws it, but the sinspawn's armor rebuffs it.

R13T21: The sinspawn proves herself a very adept aerobat as she dives partly and passes Erima while throwing out a full-power guisarme attack. The weapon strikes Erima in the upper chest for 22 mod as the enemy goes speeding by to the north and then east along the arcade. Erima was so gobsmacked by the speed and execution that she never got in an attack of opportunity, but it isn't like the enemy was acrobatically trying to stop them, either.

R13T16: Iluvar, you saw that happen, and you know a (flying) Spring Attack when you see one ... sort of Flyby Attack's bigger brother. And man, even Erima recoiled, meaning that whatever thoughts you might have had about a "wimpy sorcerer" are quickly being laid to bed. With a polearm in her hand, and Erima's size working against her, this is going to be a bit harder than you thought. What do you do?

Telly on deck, Rezah in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429

MonkGuy

Iluvar moves next to Erima. "Erima, with your size, I figured out a way to take advantage for better positioning when I am next to you."

Spoiler: Move and new teamwork
    Show

SA: Changing teamwork feat lookout (most recent) for Blades above and below
    Blades Above and Below - Feats - Archives of Nethys: Pathfinder RPG Database (aonprd.com)
    MA move directly west of Erima

10. - Top - End - #430

R13T16: Iluvar moves next to Erima. "Erima, with your size, I figured out a way to take advantage for better positioning when I am next to you."

Iluvar then gives some quick notes to Erima on how to make use of some tactics, though he does have to (very slightly) adjust where he wanted to be in relation to Erima.

R13T15: Telgarana, what do you do?

Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Spoiler: So you want a distance relationship
    Show
    Telgarana sheathes her blade and draws her bow

12. - Top - End - #432

R13T15: Telgarana sheathes her blade and draws her bow.

R13T8: Rezah passes by and right next to Telgarana as he takes out a loaded crossbow. "As the Dawnflower is my witness, creature of sin, I shall lay thy wickedness low!"

End Round 13, Begin Round 14 ...

R14T25:
    Fallon flies up and to the east, before then juking back west and around a pillar to deny an AOO. She is at the same height (20') and adjacent now to the sinspawn.

R14T24: Erima, you realize that Iluvar's tactical advice really only affects Iluvar and does nothing for you. What do you do? You just catch sight of the sinspawn up in the northern arcade, next to Fallon.

The Scribe on deck, Sinspawn in the hole ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Clearly starting to lose patience, with a few words for Iluvar, Erima moves closer to the creature, attempting one more slash.

"Come here with me then !"

Show
    Moving 6E and 2 NE.
    Standard action, attack with Risky Strike.
    Attack - (1d20+12)[15]
    Damage - (6d6+21)[37]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

14. - Top - End - #434

R14T24: Clearly starting to lose patience, with a few words for Iluvar, "Come here with me if you want to live then!"Erima moves closer to the creature, attempting one more slash that misses wildly as Erima's anger unbalances her.

R14T22: The Scribe lets his ranseur clang. He begins moving, taking out his bow. He heads to the upper arcade, purposefully overshooting horizontally before turning around and shoots. His arrow hits the sinspawn in a vulnerable spot for 18.

R14T21: The sinspawn adjusts slightly to put Fallon between herself and Erima. She concentrates on a spell, and her hand glows. She touches Fallon's left knee, but Fallon's fey nature destroys the spell that attempted to wound her mind.

R14T16: Iluvar, what do you do?

Show

15. - Top - End - #435

MonkGuy

"On my way!", Iluvar notifies Erima.

Spoiler: Move
    Show
    Moving to a space just NW of Erima
    No further action

16. - Top - End - #436

R14T16: "On my way!" Iluvar notifies Erima.

R14T15: Telgarana, what do you do?

Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana charges up her bow and fires at the sinspawn

Spoiler: She shoots and...
    Show
    Swift action Arcane Strike Full Attack 1st arrow (1d20+11)[30] Damage (1d8+5)[13] 2nd arrow (1d20+6)[12] Damage (1d8+5)[10]

18. - Top - End - #438

R14T15: Telgarana charges up her bow and fires at the sinspawn, with the first arrow striking her in the privates for 12.

R14T8: Rezah advances and shoots, but the bolt is deflected by magical force shield.

End Round 14, Begin Round 15 ...

R15T25:
    Fallon flies acrobatically around and just above the sinspawn to flank her with Erima, but not before the creature bites Fallon in the boobs with that horrific mouth it has for 4 mod. Fallon seems to be affected by this lustspawn just as she was in the other room, and Iluvar senses the fey's beautiful emerald green eyes upon him once again. But not before, of course, Fallon - whose mind is still mostly her own - tries and fails to flank-sneak the creature.

R15T24: Erima, at some cost to herself, and without getting her own strike in, by creating vertical separation Fallon managed to set you up for flanking. What do you do?

The Scribe on deck, sinspawn in the hole ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Now flanking the creature, Erima axes around, attempting to hack the lustspawn down.

"Enough of this just die !"

Show
    Full attack with Risky Strike.
    Attack1 - (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage - (6d6+21)[36]
    Attack2 - (1d20+7)[15]
    Damage - (6d6+21)[42]

20. - Top - End - #440

R15T24: Now flanking the creature, Erima axes around, attempting to hack the lustspawn down. The enemy understands its predicament, spinning her guisarme to have Erima's first strike glance off of her force armor, and then just adjusts to Erima's size so that the second hit is sent off course by a deflection field.

"Enough of this. Just die!" Erima screams in frustration.

R15T22: The Scribe holds his position, but adjusts his stance to be less about speed and more about defense. Both arrows miss, though one of them pounded hard against the force shield.

R15T21: "I am Chanukrah, queen of lustspawn, and I will not be so simply taken by the fumbling likes of you!" the sinspawn says in a hissing, garbling accent with her tentacled mouth. She brilliant dodges away from her aggressors. She then casts a spell, shooting black energy at The Scribe. The beams looks like it is going to easily hit The Scribe, but he counters with a slight maneuver out of the way, using her own speech to give him insight to her mood, and therefore her likely aim.

R15T16: Iluvar, so much going on with you right now: crane style, divine favor, sandals of the lightest step, and Blades Above & Below TW feat. What do you do?

Show

21. - Top - End - #441

MonkGuy

Iluvar starts walking straight up knowing queen has a reach weapon will trust his defense to repel the attack. He then attempts to hit the creature at a nerve spot that will stun her.

Spoiler: air walk and attack
    Show

MA: climb through the air to get in range to attack
    SA: Stunning blow
    (d20+16)[28] hit to a nerve. Using <+16>
    (d8+4)[5] damage from hit

If I need an acrobatic roll for the fall
    (d20+17)[20]

22. - Top - End - #442

R15T16: Iluvar starts walking straight up knowing queen has a reach weapon will trust his defense to repel the attack. His trust in his defenses holds; what fails him is his estimation of how good a combatant his enemy is when she still slashes his left lower leg for 17. But what Iluvar really misjudged, though, was working against gravity to ascend the 20' in the air to reach her. By the time he grunts past the pain of the strike and closes on her, he doesn't have time to strike her as well. He then falls as he has not reached a surface to land upon, and she manages to strike him again as he goes by, slicing his neck for 15. Iluvar maneuvers acrobatically, but he still takes 1 + prone.

R15T15: Telgarana, what do you do? Bow drawn. Chanukrah is at 20'. Iluvar is prone. What do you do?

Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Calling Telgarana aims for a wild strike and calls upon her magic to strike true.

Spoiler: Strike Risky Strike True
    Show
    Swift Action Telgarana spends an arcane pool point to activate Arcane Accuracy as she draws with Deadly Aim, net effect +4 to her Risky Strike roll not factored in. 1st Attack (1d20+9)[27] Damage (1d8+6)[13] 2nd Attack (1d20+4)[6] Damage (1d8+6)[13]

24. - Top - End - #444

R15T15: Calling out, Telgarana aims for a wild strike, invoking her magic to strike true. The first shot does that, even shooting against a difficult opponent with cover, as the arrow strikes her in the side of the abdomen for 13.

R15T8: Rezah moves over slightly while reloading and shoots again, but it was a long shot anyway as the bolt bounces off of her force field.

End Round 15, Begin Round 16 ...

R16T25:
    Fallon speeds east along the northern wall and that hooks around to stab at the air instead of her target.

R16T24: Erima, what do you do?

The Scribe on deck, Chanukrah in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-02-12 at 05:38 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

As the creature keeps fleeing, Erima repositions along the pillars, striking again with her deep crystal axe.

Show
    Move action to move 8E

Standard action, single attack with Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+12)[28]
    Damage - (6d6+21)[34]

26. - Top - End - #446

R16T24: As the creature keeps fleeing, Erima repositions along the pillars, striking again with her deep crystal axe to strike Chanukrah in her right shin for 34.

R16T22: The Scribe stops running around and trusts in the great acoustics of the ballroom. Now that he has a name (Chanukrah), he waves a tail of lust undone by its own foolishness, putting her name into the quick story he begins ... giving everyone a little bit of bloodlust.

R16T21: Chanukrah focuses her anger on Erima and attacks with all the power she can muster. She bites Erima for 4 mod, then drifts back a little and strikes Erima with her guisarme for 19 mod and 23 mod.

R16T21: Iluvar, what do you do?

Show

27. - Top - End - #447

MonkGuy

Iluvar begins casting a spell. He pulls out a small bone fetish and speaks words given to.him by Pharasma. He directs the spells effect towards the lustspawn.
    Spoiler: cast
    Show

SA: casts boneshaker at the lustspawn
    (6d6)[20]

28. - Top - End - #448

R16T21: Iluvar begins casting a spell, pulling out a small bone fetish and speaking words given to him by Pharasma. He directs the spells effect towards the lustspawn, but her focus on sin overwhelms Iluvar's power as her nature fully repels the spell.

R16T15: Telgarana, bow in hand. What do you do?

Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Concentrating on getting her single shots right, Telgarana looses another arrow on the sinspawn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action Arcane Strike Attack Action, Vital Strike Attack (1d20+11)[27] Damage (2d8+5)[14]

30. - Top - End - #450

R16T15: Concentrating on getting her single shots right, Telgarana looses another arrow on the sinspawn. Given that Telgarana is not really a skilled skirmish archer what with the flailing weapons of Erima and Chanukrah, her arcane assist does the job of getting the arrow to land right into the sinspawn's chest for 14. Chanukrah falls to the ground. Erima slammed her axe against the force field but not enough to cut through, and Chanukrah hits the ground hard for 8, not moving.

R16T8: Rezah moves up next to Chanukrah while drawing his scimitar and dropping his crossbow. He smites the fallen sinspawn, and the faint glow of righteousness surrounding Rezah disappears, the loss of his smite a signal that his enemy is dead.

Combat Ends ...
    Show