New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Shattered Star II: Curse of the Lady's Light (IC)

"Very lethal attack Telgarana. Now let's finish off this rabble", says Iluvar looking at the maidens about to die.

Spoiler: bane crunch
    Show

Assess the maidens
    If they appear to be human he will
    Swift action: change Bane type to human
    If not and he can identify a type for bane then will
    Swift action: change bane type to what he finds
    If he can't identify their type he will
    Drop bane

5ft step to the north

keeping crane style going with flurry of blows

1st attack against green
    (d20+16)[34] Unarmed attack
    (d8+4)[8] Unarmed damage
    (2d6)[7] bane damage
    (d6)[1] Precise strike teamwork feat damage

If green goes down he will kick red next

Flurry attack

Roll]d20+16[/roll] Unarmed attack
    (d8+4)[11] Unarmed damage
    (2d6)[7] bane damage
    (d6)[3] Precise strike teamwork feat damage

If red goes down will switch to blue

Iterative attack
    Roll]d20+11[/roll] Unarmed attack
    (d8+4)[10] Unarmed damage
    (2d6)[4] bane damage
    (d6)[4] Precise strike teamwork feat damage

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

R4T28: "Very lethal attack, Telgarana. Now, let's finish off this rabble", says Iluvar looking at the maidens about to die. He steps right into the middle of them and throws a right fist at Green in the right elbow for 18, kicks her in the back of the thigh for 23, before finishing off with a left side hammer blow right to her helmet for 20, dropping her.

R4T26: Fallon suffers 3 bleed. She swoops down just a little (still 5' off the ground) and stabs Blue right through the eye-hole of the visor with her rapier, killing the Maiden instantly. "Rezah, a little help, please? I'm still bleeding; Telly, too."

R4T16: The scribe drops his stance and ranseur while still giving confidence to his allies, and does first aid on Fallon to stop her bleeding.

R4T11: Telly, you take 6 bleed. One Gray Maiden left that you see (Red). What do you do?

Rezah on deck, Gray Maiden in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana closes for a single focused strike.

Spoiler: I'm cutting in and I'm not asking
    Show

Swift Action Arcane Strike activated on blade

Move Action 20 foot move to close with Blue

Standard Action Vital and Risky Strike on Blue (1d20+12)[27] damage (2d8+11)[15]

Set up for Parry and Riposte (1d20+12)[20] damage (d8+11)[14]

4. - Top - End - #514
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Make that Red

5. - Top - End - #515

R4T11: Telgarana closes for a single strike against Red's abdomen for 17 + 4 fire + 6 cold.

R4T8: Rezah backs up from the battle and the birthmark on his cheek flashes with a bright glow that fully heals Fallon, Iluvar, and Telly, and 9 healing to himself. Telly is no longer bleeding.

R4T3: Red looks around. As badly wounded as she is, she does not submit. Instead, she stares up at Erima and shouts a war cry and attacks, but her blade is deflected. Red sidles west a little.

R4T2: Erima, what do you do?

Iluvar on deck, Fallon in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima moves west as well, and slashes at the last Gray Maiden.

"You call that a warcry ? Cute !"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5 foot step W, and full attack with Risky Strike (not flanking afaik).
    Attack - (1d20+12)[32]
    Damage - (4d6+16)[28]

Attack - (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage - (4d6+16)[25]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: OOC Crit
    Show
    Woops, let's roll !

(1d20)[13]
    (3d6)[8]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #518

R4T2: Erima moves west as well, and slashes at the last Gray Maiden. Her axe goes clean through the middle of the body, destroying body, armor, and shield of her enemy in doing so. "You call that a warcry? Cute !"

Combat Ends ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519

There is only spattered viscera and blood where each of the vampiric mists popped like bloody water balloons.

From the Gray Maidens, they had the following (not yet collected):
    • (3) Masterwork Gray Maiden (Full) Plate
    • (3) Heavy Steel Shield
    • (4) Masterwork Longswords
    • (4) Light Crossbows w/ a total of (60) bolts
    • (8) Potions of Cure Light Wounds
    • (4) pouches w/ a total of (120) gp

The Scribe will perform triage. After doing a few medical examinations, he notes that while Telly took the worst of the blood drain, Iluvar looks the worse for it. Rezah casts lesser restoration on the Pharasmin to give him 1 CON healing.

He has Telgarana close the secret door for now, shutting off the strong stench of blood from that room. "Let's search where the Gray Maidens came from before moving forward."

The group moves into the room that was behind the double doors to the southwest. It is a room that is roughly 35' x 30'. Lines of bunk beds stand against the west and south walls in
    this otherwise empty room. Because it doesn't seem to hold much of archaeological/Pathfinder interest, The Scribe just wants the group to do a quick search. Still, with a room this size the task takes about 5 minutes. This is enough for some effects to drop.
    Spoiler: Dropped Conditions/ Effects
    Show
    Iluvar's divine favor and destruction judgment (the latter ended immediately at combat's end).
    Telly's AP boost of her blade, though her mirror image is still in effect.
    Erima's metamorphosis is still in effect.

Though this was a Gray Maidens barracks, there is nothing else in here of interest.

So, it is back over to the secret door (which is rechecked and reopened carefully).

Columns resembling sensuous limbs entwined in a complex and improbable embrace support the ceiling of this large chamber. Its walls are covered in a minutely detailed mural depicting imaginative and horrific acts involving bloodletting and blood drinking. The blood in the painting seems to ripple and reflect light as if it were freshly painted onto the wall. However, the project is unfinished, and the remains of partially collapsed wooden scaffolding slump against the walls to the southwest.

The Scribe and Fallon will move in first to check for safety in the first western 20' of the room (north and south), which is enough at that point for both Telly's mirror image and Erima's metamorphosis to finally drop.

The "red line" is the "safety" line (Fallon and The Scribe haven't checked for traps past that line yet).

What do the rest of you do here while the other two continue checking traps moving eastwards (and north and south)?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-03-16 at 11:22 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520

MonkGuy

"I have room in my haversack for the potions, I can pass them out later", Iluvar offers. If he does not hear an objection he will store the potions.

11. - Top - End - #521

That's done. Anything else?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima packs what she can carry of the heavy stuff, staying in light encumbrance.

Show
    With Muleback Cords and masterwork backpack, I can carry 800 lbs before getting in medium encumbrance, so... probably everything so far ? Well, as long as the bag still looks like a bag, that is.

13. - Top - End - #523

Which means she really only packs away the money. Everything else, even if she can handle the weight more than easily enough, won't fit into her backpack, and/ or there is the issue of bulk, not just weight.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524

MonkGuy

"I am ready to proceed. Just a little worse for wear. But I do believe I can still be of use. Thanks for the curative magic." Iluvar looks around to see if everyone is ready.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Well, I guess we'll have to grab all that on the way out, right ?"

16. - Top - End - #526

It takes 11 minutes just to do a "quick" trap detection throughout the remainder of this vast room. Assuming magical detection as well, the mostly completed mural radiates strong conjuration magic—for the blood depicted in the mural is quite real. The magic of the mural causes it to weep blood, constantly refreshing the substance. Sorshen’s original intent for this effect is unclear, but today it serves as little more than a grisly curiosity to most, and to the creatures who until recently dwelt here, a constant source of food and energy.

The room exits into a 10'-wide passageway, 35' long, before it opens up into a chamber. The walls, floor, and ceiling of this room are rough and unfinished, as if the construction of the chamber had simply ended the step before these surfaces were smoothed and polished. A single pillar supports the ceiling twenty feet above. The wall to the east depicts a detailed carving of a stone pyramid looming over a coastline. The lower half of the carving seems to depict a cutaway view of the ground below the pyramid, indicating several levels of chambers and caverns. Blood appears to be flowing down these channels into a chamber deep below the pyramid in which an enormous nude woman reclines, her back arched as though in the throes of sexual ecstasy as the blood runs down into her open mouth.

As in the previous chamber, the blood on the walls is quite real.

Erima and The Scribe confer briefly to determine the carving. The carving itself appears to be a representation of Sorshen’s final resting place below the Grand Mastaba—they recognize the pyramid as the same one that serves as the base for Castle Korvosa. The indication that Sorshen may well be buried below this castle is sobering (but the implications of the carving are beyond the scope of their current mission).

The Scribe and Fallon, the party in a "loose follow" behind them, continue east, with Erima and Telly at the entrance. As soon as the two safety scouts get within 20' of the eastern wall, a trio of creatures that were part of the wall carvings seem to step out and emerge as if stepping through nothing more than a curtain of fog. They do not look friendly.

Begin Round One ...

R1T23: Telgarana, you see two of these things, though only one of them well. What do you do? The only current effect on you is ablative barrier (and 4 CON damage).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-03-22 at 11:49 AM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana closes on Green creature her blades runes coming to life

Spoiler: engage!
    Show

Swift Action Telgarana invokes Arcane Strike to add 2 points to damage

Move Action Telgarana closes to the Left of Green

Attack Action Vital Strike (d20+14)[32] damage (d8+7)[11]

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Spoiler: critical resolution
    Show

severity roll (d20)[15]

other funky roll [roll]2d6[[/roll]

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Spoiler
    Show

Other funky roll again (2d6)[6]

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Spoiler: Parry Resolution
    Show

Parry Roll (d20+14)[29]

Riposte (d20+14)[18] Damage (d8+7)[13] +2 from Arcane Strike

21. - Top - End - #531

R1T23: Telgarana closes on Green creature her blades runes coming to life. The creature holds up its spear perhaps to block, but Telly just slams her sword into the monsters hand, pushing it back by the spear to cause it to slam against the curved wall and fall down, having done 13 mod ... possessing significant resistance to her weapon. Meanwhile, her weapon sizzles a little from the acidic slime surrounding it (2 acid).

R1T20: The Scribe gets back into his defensive stance and stabs Red in the lower arm with Xin-Rithux for 19, the ranseur biting deeply and greedily into the monster.

R1T19-17: Red looks like it is concentrating on something carefully, but nothing happens. Green then does the same thing, and plunges most of the area into darkness.

R1T15: Fallon calls out, "Crap! I can barely see. Pulling back." She tries to be acrobatic while focusing on total defense. Red and Green both attack her, and Green hits her with its longspear in her right shoulder for 7 mod.

R1T13: Iluvar, you are in an area of dim light. What do you do?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532

MonkGuy

"Let them come to us, fall back", Illuvar advises.

Spoiler: Assess
    Show

Iluvar will try to assess the creatures and what he sees of the wounds.

If he confirms an energy attack or damage he will
    SA: Cast Protection from Energy (if he confirms acid it will be Acid protection)
    IF no confirmation of energy damage he will cast Divine Favor

He will then assume Crane Style

And he will take a 5' step to the west to get in line with the others.

23. - Top - End - #533

R1T13: "Let them come to us, fall back", Illuvar advises, unable to really assess their silhouetted forms in the darkness. He casts a battle spell on himself to prepare, gets into stance, and finds there really isn't enough room to move into the angled wall from where he is.

R1T12: Blue steps northeast behind Red and disappears.

R1T7: Rezah's half-orc vision holds no mystery in the fog that affects some of his friends. "They are evil - or one of them is, at least - whatever they be," he calls out. "And Sarenrae willing, I will smite low the one I close upon!"

He then moves forward, braving the spear attack that is to come, but the Lady of Redemption knocks aside the thrust from Her champion.

R1T3: Erima, what do you do?

Telly on deck, The Scribe in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima steps forward, and gets ready to hit a enemy that would get in her range.

"Come back that way, let's make a defensive line ! Is the fog magical ?"

Show
    5 foot step E, and ready an attack with Risky Strike if one gets in melee range.

Attack - (1d20+14)[25]
    Damage - (3d6+16)[23]

25. - Top - End - #535

R1T3: Erima steps forward, and gets ready to hit a enemy that would get in her range. "Come back that way, let's make a defensive line! Is the fog magical?"

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T23:
    Telly, what do you do? You are in an area of dim light.

The Scribe on deck, Green/Red critters in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana yells back "Not yet. I'm right on one of our targets, I'm going to chop it up"

Spoiler: chopping time!
    Show

Swift Action Spend one Arcane Pool point to add a +4 insight bonus to her attacks for this round

Full Attack Action Risky Strikes on Green

1st Attack (d20+12)[30] damage (1d8+11)[12]

2nd Attack (d20+7)[22] damage (1d8+11)[17]

Parry (d20+12)[18] damage (1d8+11)[18]

27. - Top - End - #537
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Spoiler: critical severity
    Show

Critical Severity rolls (2d6)[8]

28. - Top - End - #538

R2T23: Telgarana yells back "Not yet. I'm right on one of our targets, I'm going to chop it up."

Her eyes glow and her first swing hits the back of the downed foe. She cracks its spine though it moves partially out of the way, taking 17 mod + 2 DEX. Her next attack hits it in the lower kidney (if such exists) for 7 mod. Her sword does not get damaged this time.

R2T20: The Scribe begins a rousing oratory before stepping back a little.

R2T19-17: Red tries to move acrobatically, but not enough. Rezah misses his AOO, though, and Telly's is rebuffed by its thick hide despite her current accuracy. It gets into position next to Iluvar and threatened by The Scribe. It snaps at Iluvar with its bite, but its main offensive focus is on Telly, who parries one longspear attack, and dodges the second. While she is focused on defense from Red, Green gets to its feet safely. It drops its longspear and attacks her with fang and nail, yet Telly shows why even when flanked she is an incredibly swordswoman, deftly dodging or deflecting all attacks.

R2T15: Fallon sets down and steps back, casting shield on herself. She then looks around, and with her gaze westward she shouts, "I found the third one, on the far side of the last room!"

R2T13: Iuvar, you are in crane style. What do you do?

Blue on deck, Rezah in the hole ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539

MonkGuy

Iluvar commits to the attack.
    Spoiler: full attack and maybe flying kick
    Show

Asses the creatures again (if possible) will use IP if the die roll is 8-12

If at any point red goes down he will use flying kick to finish his full round attack. If he need to use acrobatics to get there with provoking an AOO he will. He will land north of Telgarana and attack green

But 1st Flurry of blows
    (d20+15)[28] Unarmed attack
    (d8+5)[6] damage

Flurry attack
    Roll]d20+15[/roll] Unarmed attack
    (d8+5)[7] damage

Iterative attack
    Roll]d20+10[/roll] Unarmed attack
    (d8+5)[11] damage

Swift action ki point for extra attack
    Roll]d20+15[/roll] Unarmed attack
    (d8+5)[11] damage

If necessary for flying kick
    (d20+17)[32] acrobatics

30. - Top - End - #540

MonkGuy

Spoiler: messed up copy
    Show

Flurry attack
    (d20+15)[22] Unarmed attack
    (d8+5)[7] damage

Iterative attack
    (d20+10)[30] Unarmed attack
    (d8+5)[11] damage

Swift action ki point for extra attack
    (d20+15)[25] Unarmed attack
    (d8+5)[11] damage