New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Shattered Star II: Curse of the Lady's Light (IC)

R7T23: Telgarana picks up her blade. promising in Tien a decent oiling when she gets the chance. She casts a spell and looks around (not finding anything).

R7T20: The Scribe walks over, drops his ranseur, and tries to stop Erima's bleeding, but fails.

R7T15: Fallon delays...

R7T13: Iluvar, Erima is still bleeding. What do you do?

Rezah on deck, Erima in the hole ...
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Iluvar casts cure moderate wounds.
    Spoiler: cmw
    Show

(2d8+7)[20] healing for bleeding.

3. - Top - End - #573

R7T13: Iluvar casts CMW on Erima, which stops the bleeding and fully heals her.

Combat Ends!
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #574

MonkGuy

Iluvar, seeing that there is no present threat will expend 3 uses of his Cure Light Wounds wand on himself. He looks at each of his companions to see their injuries. "Would anyone want some healing?" he asks.

5. - Top - End - #575

Iluvar has the faintest scratch remaining. Fallon wants some of that action, though she has to concentrate briefly to lower her fey resistance to the magic of the wand, and it only heals 2 on her even then. She has a light wound, so it makes her feel better at least, but she doesn't seek another tap right now.

As the babaus left nothing behind, the party heads back to the far eastern room.

Back in this room, The Scribe says that the nature of the carving might just represent the single most important discovery that your team could make here in the Lady's Light. The Scribe says he needs to provide a detailed description and depiction of the carving, as well as a detailed map of the layout of the carving in this room, it could mean gold, prestige, and fame once the team gets back to the venture lodge in Magnimar!

Thing is, it would take The Scribe a whole day (in his estimation) unbroken by any work to be able to do that, and this day is half over for sure. He needs to be refreshed and focused to begin this task, so he can't do half now, and the other half later.

Fallon notes that there no secret doors were found on this level. This means this whole dungeon level appears to have been explored .... the only way out is up the massive stairs ... and it doesn't seem like you can go back the way you came because of the teleportation that brought you to that first room here where you fought the lesser lustspawn.

What do you want to do?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana sheathes her blade and takes a sit on the nearest thing suitable.

"We've all had a full day and then some. Lets clean up a spot, take a meal and set up some watches. I'll take first."

7. - Top - End - #577

"Sounds good," says The Scribe. "We'll each have two people one watch at a time, three hours or so apiece, as best as can be figured. I will stand first watch with Telgarana. Iluvar and Rezah, you have the midwatch. Fallon and Erima, you have the last watch."

Iluvar, you don't have any food, but Rezah says he has plenty and is willing to share.

Does anyone do anything before going down?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #578

MonkGuy

Iluvar is agreeable to resting. He reminds the party of the blood loss and its detrimental effects. Hopefully they can be cured in the morning.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima nods.

"Sounds reasonable."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

10. - Top - End - #580

Rezah closes the secret door in the far room to limit any accidental intrusions. Everyone eats food, with Rezah having to share with Iluvar and Telgarana, as Iluvar makes sure that everyone has enough water. During the meal, Telgarana finds a stunningly knowledgeable tutor on all things arcane with The Scribe, and even Fallon exceeds her own knowledge handily. Telgarana will learn a lot from them both. Not to be discounted is Iluvar, who likewise learns a lot from the discussion.

After the meal, The Scribe and Rezah will give everyone a health-and-wellness check, performing long-term healing as necessary to encourage self-healing and blood generation within the body. Rezah uses his divine magic to get rid of the slight acidic scoring on Telgarana's blade.

The watches are set, posted, and completed. During the night, there is a faint dinging sound above Fallon.

Oathday, 20 Calistril 4714 AR

The next morning, with the expert ministrations from The Scribe and Rezah, only Telgarana is still a little weakened from the blood drain from the day before. Rezah promises her that he will pray for the ability to heal that.

Does anyone do anything different for maneuvers, spells, or the like for today?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #581

MonkGuy

Iluvar does his daily warm-up routine of stretches, kicks and katas. He indicates he is ready to go.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana says to herself "Let's try a slight difference in what spells we carry today. Perhaps some advice from an old battlemaster today?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Telgarana will trade out her Blade Lash spell for Blade Tutor's Spirit

13. - Top - End - #583

Fallon, Iluvar, Rezah, and Telgarana take an hour of morning preparations; Erima takes 90 minutes of meditation, theory, and weapons form; The Scribe takes a full two hours. This is the standard allotment of time spent for each person preparing themselves each day.

After this is complete, The Scribe asks, "Are we fine with a down-day in not ascending the staircase and just defending against guardians while I do our job as Pathfinders in collating all the data in here? I would like some help from Fallon for her magical expertise and insights to assist me. If you do want to do something useful and not feel like you are just "planted," perhaps the rest of you (Iluvar, Rezah, Telgarana, Erima) can go back to the beginning and see if you can't figure if we can't find a way to teleport back to Teofilo and where we were before? or, if we are just going to have to move forwards - or in this case, upwards - tomorrow?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #584
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana looks at Illuvar and then back again "What you say makes sense, assuming that your suggestion doesn't put us too far out of earshot incase this area isn't as empty as it looks right now. At the first sign of trouble you should drop what you're doing and come call us."

15. - Top - End - #585

MonkGuy

"I will help and try to find our way back", offers Iluvar.

16. - Top - End - #586

The Scribe nods and says, "Understand, but remember I do have Fallon as my battle buddy."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Before we separate" says Telgarana. "Do we have resources that should be allocated?"

18. - Top - End - #588

"That's fair," says the Scribe. "Since you are new, and this is not a full split, but just a round-robin or two of choosing, here is how this group does that," and he goes on to explain treasure split rules with the new folks (and a good reminder for Erima) .... [see Discord]
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Looking at what's available, Erima adds.

"If we spend a day here, do we have enough rations for that ? If we can't go back that way, we need to be sure to be able to get out."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

20. - Top - End - #590

"I have many rations on hand, and if push comes to shove," says Rezah, "I an prepare create food & water, which is plenty for us. Meanwhile, there is enough stores from the Gray Maidens in the other location that Teofilo should have enough for himself and the prisoner."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #591

With items distributed, Erima casts lesser restoration on Telgarana, fully healing her of the remaining effects of the blood drain she has suffered, and thus fully revitalizing her. Rezah (with assistance) will then make sure the prisoner in the other room is fed and watered, and she is moved into the Gray Maiden's barracks for now for a more comfortable bed after armor is fully removed, but then tied up again.

The Scribe and Fallon begin their work in the "final chamber." What do Telgarana, Iluvar, Erima (and Rezah) do?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"I believe that The Scribe has laid a task upon us gentlemen?"

23. - Top - End - #593

MonkGuy

"Let's go to where we appeared then work our way back here", suggests Iluvar.

24. - Top - End - #594

The four of you make your way back to your entrance area, where lay the stinky bodies of sinspawn.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima starts looking around for any sign that would be part of something to open the way back.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana has only her architectural and engineering expertise to fall back on.

27. - Top - End - #597

Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    Erima starts looking around for any sign that would be part of something to open the way back.
    That is awfully vague. Where do you look? Are you eyeballing or using normal some type of exceptional sense?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima starts at the spot they appeared right after teleporting, scanning the area with Detect Psionics.

29. - Top - End - #599

This magnificent marble chamber is richly appointed. Its domed ceiling is frescoed with an image of a starry night sky, while a thick rug of exquisite manufacture covers much of the floor. A stairway rises to a pair of double doors to the west, while a hallway leads away to the south. Large alcoves decorated with gold tiles extend to the north and east. Black marble benches carved to represent coiling serpents sit on the northeast and southeast walls.

In using detect psionics on the eastern alcove, Erima doesn't detect anything.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600

MonkGuy

Iluvar will search the walls and floors in the area for hidden passage ways and something that would trigger activation of a spell.