New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Shattered Star II: Curse of the Lady's Light (IC)

"Or quite possibly." interjects Telgarana "Your wounds might be cursed."

2. - Top - End - #782
    Colossus in the Playground

"I don't know," says Oriana. "But in my time as her plaything, she did terrible things to me ... things I cannot remember."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Rezahn, Scribe? Do you know what could be causing this?" Iluvar asks.

Iluvar will closely look at her wounds.

He will slice up a bedsheets to bind her wounds to staunch the bleeding.

4. - Top - End - #784

"Yes .... and no," says the Scribe, slowly. "You were not here when Erima here was much changed for awhile and in the form of a clone of Sorshen. During that time, she also was unable to heal by way of positive energy, though she was also unharmed by negative energy. Erima, does your metamorphic powers extend to others? Can you cause her metabolism to increase her natural healing factor like it did when you were changed?"
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima slowly nods, before transferring some of Oriana's wounds to herself.

"Wouldn't she also be incapable of bleeding ?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm going to use Empathic Transfer, since it targets any willing creature, and is not positive energy, at 7 PP, so I'll heal her for 10d10, and take half that as damage. (Can't remember if my last metamorph had fast healing in it, though)

Healing - (10d10)[58]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #786

Erima heals 58 to Oriana while taking 29 herself. With Erima's FH still operating from her current metamorphosis, that damage is healed within a minute-and-a-half. Oriana is not fully healed, but much farther along than before.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #787

MonkGuy

"Let's look this room over for what we need", Iluvar says.

Spoiler: He will begin searching by the bed
    Show

A detailed search for items and hidden spaces and doors

8. - Top - End - #788

The Scribe nods, but instead of having people search randomly, he orders a full, deep-in search of this area, as there is no apparent exit.

It's what Pathfinders do, even when it isn't sexy or glorious, and so for the next 4 hours total (including the recently posted post-battle information and even the more natural, never usually played out, "taking a breather), that is what you do.

The Scribe recovers 12 of the arrows he fired and his cold iron ranseur. His shield ends.
    Fallon's shield ends, but the share pain with Rezah continues.
    Telgarana is completely regarbed, having recovered her bow as well. She has no outstanding magic or effects on her. She recovers 2 of her arrows.
    Iluvar's judgment ends, as does his divine favor, protection from energy [fire], and fly.
    Oriana recovers her sword.
    Rezah's share pain with Fallon continues (see above), but his heroism ends.
    Erima returns to normal size, enjoying the regain of her axe comfortably in her hands. The rest of her metamorphosis likewise dissipates.

The two snake mosaics radiate strong conjuration. A casual examination reveals that the eyes of both snakes are apparently missing, and all that remains is a circular hollow. Two fist-sized amber discs sit atop the bed's headboard - each of these gems is valued at 100 gp, but more importantly, The Scribe figures they serve to activate what appears to be another mosaic-driven teleporter in the room.

A recently killed Gray Maiden hangs from the manacles attached to the pillars just southwest of the bed, taking up enough room that Erima fumbled with her body during the battle. Her body is strangely brittle and dry, and bears obvious signs of torture. The armor scattered about the room is a dismantled suit of full plate armor that once belonged to the poor Gray Maiden that Faux-Sorshen had killed. Oriana wants to bury the Gray Maiden in her armor; the woman's name was Loria Peratti.

How do you want to proceed?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana is fully on board with Oriana's request.

She is willing to go on but notes that almost all of her spells and most of her special resources have been expended for the day.
    Last edited by LazarX; 2022-08-29 at 07:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790

MonkGuy

iluvar says to Oriana, "I have some experience laying the dead to rest. I will do what I can to prepare Loria Peratti for her rest. Do you know what God or Gods she followed?"

He then begins to dress the Gray Maiden in her armor.
    Last edited by Tippnick; 2022-08-30 at 06:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana replies. "When in doubt, trust Pharasma to sort souls out."

12. - Top - End - #792

Oriana nods to Telly. "Yeah, I don't think she was very religious."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima adds.

"We'll bury her once outside."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

14. - Top - End - #794

MonkGuy

"So let us put these gems in the eyes of the snake furthest from where we entered", Iluvar suggests.

15. - Top - End - #795

The Scribe looks to the others (like Telly and Erima) to see if they agree with Iluvar's recommendation.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana shrugs in passive assent.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"I just hope it doesn't teleport us separately."

18. - Top - End - #798

"Iluvar, let's have Fallon place them," advises the Scribe. "She might gain some crucial insight in case the teleporter is trapped."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #799

MonkGuy

"Here you go Fallon", Iluvar hands her the gems. "Also if it creates a cloud let's all try to go in the moment it appears. No one should go in without backup. Maybe if anyone has any preparatory spells.or abilities activate them. I know we have used a lot of those type of abilities."

He then casts a spell after handing the gems to her.
    Spoiler: protection from energy
    Show

Casts protection from energy-fire

20. - Top - End - #800

The Scribe recommends everyone stands to the far east of the chamber, mid-point of the chamber, while Fallon inserts the amber eyes into the northern mosaic.

Does anyone else cast any preparatory magic?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    The Scribe recommends everyone stands to the far east of the chamber, mid-point of the chamber, while Fallon inserts the amber eyes into the northern mosaic.

Does anyone else cast any preparatory magic?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Telgarana will activate the Protection from Evil from her Wayfinder

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Her ressources quite low, Erima waits to be confronted to any potential threat before manifesting something else.

23. - Top - End - #803

Rezah, still under the effects of the share pain power, stays near Fallon, if nothing else so that if something should happen he can protect or get right to healing her as necessary.

Iluvar casts a spell on himself, protecting himself against an energy type that hasn't been seen recently, and in doing so feels the most last of his most powerful magic leave him. Erima conserves herself, while Telly invokes the power of her shining wayfinder to protect her.

Fallon puts the amber eyes into the slots fit for them on the northern mosaic. As soon as she does so, both the northern and southern mosaics on the floor glow a golden light.

What do you do?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804

MonkGuy

"I say let us all try the southern platform. On the count of 6? Would you like to do the count down Scribe?" Iluvar directs the group to the south.

25. - Top - End - #805

"Why?" asks The Scribe, heading down towards the southern mosaic. "There are no actuators as with the other teleporters, so the amber eyes inserted means the teleporters are consistently, actively 'on.'"

The party congregates down at the southern mosaic.

"I and Erima are the most heavily armored," Rezah says. "Only one of us can step on at a time from the looks of it. Erima, they say 'Ladies first,' but I would like the honor of taking the beachhead."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #806
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana replies "You'll always be a lady to me, Rezah." I'll back you up with the second group

27. - Top - End - #807

No matter how simultaneous they attempt to go, only one person can go each round. No matter. The group is wise to go through guarded, for it would have been unwise to be caught unawares. Yet, nothing greets you with hostility once everyone makes it through to the destination.

The walls of this oddly shaped room appear strangely molded, their surfaces like sweaty pink clay infused with bits of glittering crystal. The floor looks like dry, cracked mud dark red in color, and the ceiling arches only eight feet overhead. A disturbing sound fills the space, resembling the endless exhalation of some bizarre, hulking beast. A mosaic of a coiled snake sits on the floor in a small alcove to the side, while all along the walls of the strange room sit numerous interesting-looking objects—but none more intriguing than the triangular shard of red metal that sits alone on a shelf at eye level. It is upon this mosaic that you had entered, each person quickly stepping off to make way for the next entrant.

What now?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima makes sure to be able to look around for potential dangers, while letting Fallon looks around for traps.

"Any traps around here ?"

29. - Top - End - #809

MonkGuy

"This room shouldn't take long to search", Iluvar suggests.

30. - Top - End - #810

Fallon does a quick move through the area before she turns to the others and says, "I don't detect anything dangerous ... at least not trappy-dangerous."
    Show