New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Shattered Star II: Curse of the Lady's Light (IC)

"Let's search for other things then."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

The Scribe, and asking for Rezah's help, will excuse themselves from searching along with Oriana. They set up a blanket for privacy and begin a brief medical procedure to help look over and bind Oriana's chest for the day, but Oriana is told to take it easy.

The rest of the party searches, detects, and otherwise makes sense of things. Fallon, Erima, and Telgarana share notes over arcane signatures that permeat the room and discover that this room still retains a powerful magical effect infused in the walls by Sorshen so long ago. An arcane spellcaster who prepares spells while in this room finds that all enchantment spells prepared in this room function at greater efficiency and with greater efficacy. Conversely, any necromancy or transmutation (the traditional opposition schools to enchantment in Thassilon) spells prepared or slightly limited and not quite as focused.
    Spoiler: Effect
    Show
    Enchantments spells prepared in this room gain +1 CL and gain a +2 bonus on checks to penetrate spell resistance. Conversely, any necromancy or transmutation (the traditional oppositional schools to enchantment in Thassilon) spells prepared in this room function at –1 caster level and the caster takes a –2 penalty on checks to penetrate spell resistance.

Faux-Sorshen kept many treasures here, from her spellbooks to trophies collected from some of her favorite past conquests. Her spellbooks sit on shelves to the west; these books contain a treasure trove of written magic, especially enchantment spells. The spellbooks are littered with bits and pieces of "Ashimantallu's" (apparently the true name of Faux-Sorshen) memories a well, and The Scribe takes a look at that for longer study.

Other items are found on the shelves as well, including:
    a large pouch containing a half-dozen tourmalines
    (3) black pearls
    (1) blue sapphire
    a bag which detects as magic.

On an armor-hanger is a set of masterwork breastplate that has a magical aura.

Of course, the most significant item to be found here is a shard of metal - identified by Fallon as a djezet alloy - weighing in at about a pound, which sits in a place of honor alone on a shelf in the northern wall.

"We found it," says the Scribe, holding up his shard for comparison, and nodding to Telgarana, whom he knows was bequeathed Lilim's shard, "this is the Shard of Lust."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"I believe, that we have accomplished our mission here. even if we didn't properly put down Bargain Basement Sorshen." says Telgarana "Now the real question is do we have a containment means for this Shard as we have for the one I'm carrying?
    Last edited by LazarX; 2022-09-19 at 07:13 AM.

4. - Top - End - #814

"Containment, physical?" asks The Scribe. "No, but containment of the shard's curse, yes. Rezah?"

Rezah pulls out a cracked stone of pink and green and holds it up. "I was supposed to take the next shard ... the Shard of Lust, for its counter is chastity. And though I am chaste, if there is another among us who does not yet hold a shard who would take this instead of me .....? I know it will be my fate to take the burden of the shard, but I worry about my nearness to sin for so long."

Rezah isn't looking around for a volunteer, but is looking directly at Iluvar.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-09-19 at 04:22 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

With a quick look at Telgarana and Fallon Iluvar steps forward and takes the shard. "I will take shard and will accept the burden."

6. - Top - End - #816

No sooner does Iluvar take the shard then a wave of libidinous energy surges through him, quickly stultified by Rezah pressing the ioun stone into the socket of the shard while in Iluvar's hand. The libidinous energy doesn't complete dissipate, always there as an undercurrent, but Iluvar is not threatened to be overwhelmed by it ..... for now.

The Scribe looks to Iluvar. "Now, try and concentrate on a sense of completion ... on a sense of joining. Not you with the sensations you've recently been given, but as they relate to the Shard of Lust itself."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #817

MonkGuy

Iluvar will try to think of the Shard being a complete object as directed. While avoiding eye contact with everyone.

8. - Top - End - #818

Iluvar receives a vision that takes him out of this structure (a great monument in a marshland overlooking a sea) and at unbelievable speed his vision heads what he thinks is northwards over farms and rivers and mountains until he is struck by a strange sight as his vision slows and then becomes indistinct as his vision enters a massive city that is truly bizarre in its aesthetic.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #819

MonkGuy

"It shows me a bizarre city to the North, on top of a mountain. The city seems truly bizarre. The city seems to be sitting atop grotesque giant head", Iluvar barely breaths out the words.

10. - Top - End - #820

The Scribe asks, "One head ... in the background on a mountainside with the main city in snow? Or the city resting on what looks like a ring of skulls, with effluvia and water out some of the mouths?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #821

MonkGuy

"Sorry, I focused on one but it was a ring of skulls", Iluvar confirms

12. - Top - End - #822

"That would be Kaer Maga, an ancient city on the Storval Plateau," says The Scribe. "Now we need to leave the Lady's Light ... the Mushfens ... and return to Magnimar to our Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch to deliver our report and do some research."

BTW, the whole room exploration in detail took about 90 minutes as all this was going on up to this point.

Since each of you could only go through the teleporter to this room individually, you all hear it cycle on! In reacting to potential danger, Iluvar can feel the Shard of Lust in his hand urging him on to greater reflexes ... or recklessness.

Round One ...

R1T28: Iluvar, the Shard of Lust is still in hand. What do you do?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #823

MonkGuy

Iluvar gets into a defensive stance and casts a spell.
    Spoiler: crane and divine favor
    Show

Iluvar enters crane stance

Casts divine favor

14. - Top - End - #824

R1T28: Iluvar gets into a defensive stance and casts a spell on himself.

R1T25: The Scribe picks up his ranseur (during searching and going through things, he had set it down), gets into a martial stance and moves around the periphery of the round room until he sees the target! "It's her!" he calls out to the party, and then looking back into the alcove he says with accusatory purpose. "It is ... Ashamintallu! Not Sorshen, but Ashamintallu. That was not the name of the glass golem we found Erima.... but the hame of its true likeness. Show yourself, Ashamintallu, for you are a pale and impotent version of the Runelord you try to copy."

R1T24: Fallon takes her rapier as she closes into the alcove. She scores a guarded strike on Ashamintallu's chest for 42 mod + bewildered. "Nailed her!" says Fallon triumphantly.

R1T22: Telgarana, what do you do? No weapons are currently in hand, and you have no known active effects or spells running.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Telgarana shouts "Okay Bargain Basement! Time for Round Two!" as her blade once again sings from it's scabard
    Spoiler: Round Deus!
    Show

Move Action Draw blade and close on Bargain Basement

Swift Action Spend 1 AP to add Speed to the blade

Attack action, no extra attacks this round Vital Strike Attack (d20+15)[21] Vital Strike damage(2d8+7)[18]

16. - Top - End - #826

R1T22: Telgarana shouts, "Okay, Bargain Basement! Time for Round Two!" as her blade once again sings from it's scabbard. When she strikes, her blow concusses against a close field of magic, likely a mage armor.
    Spoiler: Telgarana
    Show
    You noted in the battle that Dollar Store had double protection, likely a shield spell with mage armor, but she doesn't seem to have that doubled protection now.

R1T21: Oriana, fatigued as she is, simply breathes out to control her weariness and takes out her longbow.
    "My challenge to see you destroyed still stands, Witch!" she calls out as she shoots but completely misses with all that's in the way.

R1T20: Rezah moves down while readying his shield and casts a restorative prayer on Oriana, removing her fatigue.

R1T18: Ashamintallu snarls at The Scribe, visibly affected by his deduction. She looks at Fallon and smiles, cooingly saying,
    "It really would feel much better in combat to not be weighed down by everything your wearing and carrying, wouldn't it?"

Fallon looks like she's really fighting before finally shouting, "NO, BITCH!"

The Scribe says, "Call her Ashamintallu!"

R1T9: Erima, what do you do? The ceiling is 8' high, so you can't increase size in here.

Iluvar on deck, The Scribe in the hole ...
    Show

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Instead of crowding the place further, Erima gets ready to dash if Ashamintallu gets through.

"It's a little too crowded in there !"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift action to change my essence layout (2 to lightdash bindings, 1 to brume threads)

I'll ready an action to use Lightdash Bindings to move through a square where Ashamintallu stops her movement, attacking her on the way. (30 feet of movement with lightdash bindings)

Attack - (1d20+14)[30]
    Damage - (3d6+10)[24]
    (and yes, it's 3d6 because of the size increase I have on my weapon)
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

18. - Top - End - #828

R1T9: Instead of crowding the place further, Erima gets ready to dash if Ashamintallu gets through. "It's a little too crowded in there!"

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T28:
    Iluvar, what do you do?

The Scribe on deck, Fallon in the hole ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829

MonkGuy

Iluvar moves to get a glimpse of the Demon. "We have the shard Ashamantallu."
    Spoiler: if able to see her
    Show

MA: 3 quares east and 1 square south
    SA: casts boneshaker (if he can see the demon)
    (6d6)[21]

Last edited by Tippnick; 2022-09-25 at 12:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830

R2T28: Iluvar moves to get a glimpse of the Demon, but doesn't quite see her yet when he calls, "We have the shard, Ashamintallu." It's doubtful that Iluvar made a dent, though, as he is as bland in personal communications as he is adroit in physical combat.

R2T25: The Scribe says, "Oriana, Erima, Rezah ... I am moving out. Try to get in to see her to goad her. Convince her honestly, or berate her and terrorize her with her own name. Same with Fallon if you get a chance. It seems my mentioning her name has grated on her. See if we can tear her down psychologically while Telly cuts her to shreds. Oriana step out for the others." The Scribe then moves well out of the way.

R2T24: Fallon nods and says mockingly, "Ashamintallu?! Pfft. It's not like Lulu's Ashy Mountain is any better of a name than having a sore shin, huh!" and with that, she tumbles out of there, but Ashamintallu manages to get a nasty slash on the half-fey's wing for 8 mod before she is fully quit of there. Still, while she tagged her tormentor, Ashamintallu seems even more visibly shaken than before as the alu-demon's mind begins to rebel against itself.

R2T22: Telgarana, what do you do?

Oriana on deck, Rezah in the hole ...
    Show

21. - Top - End - #831
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Ashamintallu, Demon of Bargain Basement Runelords. How's about we trice some price cutting?"

Charging up her blade, which adds it's own intensity, Telgarana sets to work.

Spoiler: It's a slash of a sale!
    Show

Free Action Freedom's Night spends it's remaining pool point to charge up for 2 points extra damage.

Swift Action Telgarana activates Arcane Strike for a total of +4 ato be added to the damage rolls below

Full Attack Hasted Sequence

1st Attack (1d20+15)[29] Damage (1d8+11)[14]

2nd Attack (1d20+15)[33] Damage (1d8+11)[18]

3rd Attack (1d20+10)[11] Damage (1d8+11)[15]

22. - Top - End - #832
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Rolls for critical hit

Spoiler: Crit severity roll
    Show

(d20)[12]

(2d6)[6]

23. - Top - End - #833

R2T22: "Ashamintallu, Demon of Bargain Basement Runelords. How's about we trice some price cutting?" Telgarana taunts, though she doesn't really put much into it as she is so focused on physical combat. Charging up her blade, which adds it's own intensity, Telgarana sets to work. Her first cut is to Ashamintallu's right shoulder for 15 mod. Her second attack clips the alu-demon's temple for 20 mod. But that light crit represents an overextension as Telgarana smacks her funny bone against the wall on the third attack to completely miss.

R2T21: Oriana puts away her bow and glares at the enemy. "I should have known, Ashamintallu, that you were a fake. You use enchantments, but you are not enchanting, you demonic cow!"

Ashamintallu shrieks in horror as she realizes the truth of these words.

R2T20: Rezah closes in and ends up side-by-side with Telgarana, but now with shield and scimitar ready. He strikes her in the wing for 18, the power of his previous smite still active and cutting through her abyssally-hardened skin.

R2T18: Ashamintallu seems staggered and this time she changes into her true form. It is still a corruptingly beautiful creature, but no longer the fake facade of the Runelord Sorshen is found in her features, only caprice and cruelty.

R2T9: Erima, your readied action did not go off. What do you do?

Show

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Ready for another dash, Erima announces out loud.

"What, you heard something you don't like ? And what are you going to do about it ? Flee to your basement ? Oh, wait..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'll ready the same action, without moving. It still requires to pass by her square, so I'll have to wait until the dash can bring me to the square behind her.

25. - Top - End - #835

R2T9: Ready for another dash, Erima announces out loud, "What, you heard something you don't like ? And what are you going to do about it ? Flee to your basement ? Oh, wait..."

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T28:
    Iluvar, what do you do?

The Scribe on deck, Fallon in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #836

MonkGuy

Iluvar moves to the south a bit for a chance to see her.
    "Ashamintallu, come out. You have been revealed as a lesser creature."

Spoiler: if statement
    Show

5ft step to south
    SA: if he can see her will cast boneshaker
    (6d6)[16]

27. - Top - End - #837

R3T28: Iluvar moves to the south a bit for a chance to see her. He only sees her in bits and pieces, but it's enough as he casts a spell while waving a human-shaped fetish of bones, but the spell seems to have no effect. Iluvar, having exhausted himself of a reserve of power, exhales uncomfortably as he says, "Ashamintallu, come out. You have been revealed as a lesser creature."

R3T25: The Scribe says while moving back to the eastern wall, "Well done, team! I think we've done as much as we can to her psychologically. Now, let's dig in."

And with that, The Scribe begins reciting a stirring epic of Pathfinders past.

R3T24: Fallon downs a potion for 6 healing.

R3T22: Telgarana, what do you do?

Oriana on deck, Rezah in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-09-28 at 09:40 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Ladies, gentleman, and Ashamintallu, we are slashing our prices for bargain demon bits. This sale won't last!"

Telgarana continues her work.

Spoiler: The Deals Keep on Coming
    Show

The same as last round save that her swift action will be to spend a point on arcane accuracy and she will be using Risky Strike for a net of +2 added to Hit values rolled below and +4 to damage. (not factored in)

1st Attack (1d20+15)[35] Damage (1d8+11)[17]

2nd Attack (1d20+15)[24] Damage (1d8+11)[19]

3rd Attack (1d20+10)[18] Damage (1d8+11)[15]

29. - Top - End - #839
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Rolls for the critical hit

Spoiler: Rolls for Critical
    Show

(d20)[10] (2d6)[3]

30. - Top - End - #840

R3T22: "Ladies, gentleman, and Ashamintallu, we are slashing our prices for bargain demon bits. This sale won't last!" Telgarana taunts as she continues her work. Energizing her accuracy, her first strike cuts right through the enemy's right wing for 22 mod. She doubles back on the same line of attack to cut the same wing again for 19 mod, but she loses steam as her final attack is rebuffed by magic armor.

R3T21: Going purely on instinct and hope in a lucky shot, Oriana continues shooting ineffectively at her challenged.

R3T20: With Telly putting the enemy on the ropes, but seeing her strikes constantly ablated (even if only a little bit), Rezah defensively casts a spell, signaling Telly that he is putting it on her weapon. Now her katana limned with a holy glow. "That should stop her demonic resistance from slowing down your strikes, Telgarana!"

R3T18: Ashamintallu ... shaken, weaken, badly wounded ... lets fall her guisarme as she attacks the half-orc paladin with her claws. One of ther claws almost penetrates his armor, but so holy and protected is he right now that she can barely look upon him.

R3T9: Erima, what do you do?

Show