New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shattered Star II: Curse of the Lady's Light (IC)

Lilim pops up to the surface and holds the boat steady for the Scribe so he can get in first.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

R13T3: Lilim pops up to the surface and holds the boat steady for the Scribe so he can get in first.

End Round 13, Begin Round 14 ...

R14T17:
    Fallon continues to do an accelerated swim.

R14T15: The Scribe pops up on the other side of the boat, and with Lilim steadying it he clambers into the boat, then holding his arms out to Lilim to steady her when she gets in.

R14T4: Rezah continues with his armor.

R14T3: Lilim, what do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-10-27 at 11:53 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilim works with The Scribe to get back into the boat.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

4. - Top - End - #154

R14T3: Lilim works with The Scribe to get back into the boat.

End Round 14, Begin Round 15 ...

R15T17:
    Fallon splashes around a bit, having trouble and goes underwater.

R15T16: Teofilo appears, flying out of the water and getting behind the other boat with Rezah in it. "Both eels are dead, but I am too weak to recover Sinxia's body. I'm sorry, I couldn't help her in time."

R15T15: The Scribe takes out a substance from a small container - faintly amber, but otherwise clearish. He speaks up, loud enough for Teofilo to here, "Lilim, Teofilo ...the whispers will probably still affect us if we're not careful. Put some of this beeswax in your ear to muffle the effect. That might help." And with that, he plugs his ears with this substance.

R15T4: Rezah and his armor ...

R15T3: Lilim, what do you do?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilim takes some beeswax, and using The Scribe's example, stops up her ears as well.
    Current Games

6. - Top - End - #156

While there is a faint background hiss, the beeswax does beautifully at stopping the building need to end up making another save.

Without going round by round, Lilim, what is your intended action and suggestions, as the only active PC, give me your intentions and what you recommend, please ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

I ask The Scribe to row over to the other boat. I'll get in that one, push Rezah more forward, and then row towards shore with Rezah.
    Current Games

8. - Top - End - #158

Lilim rows Rezah to shore, and The Scribe takes care of a tired Teofilo. It is determined that beeswax has no effect on those already compelled, and Rezah finally gets his armor off (even getting help). Erima, Rezah, and Fallon end up fully naked and scratching at the wall with one deviation. Once fully naked, Rezah goes to the water and jumps in to fully immerse himself, but then comes right out again to join the others at the wall.

To recap the features of this place, large amounts of lichen on this cave’s walls glow with intense vibrancy, providing brilliant illumination to the cave and making the sandy beach along the lakeshore glitter. Your two rowboats are beached on this sandy shore next to two other rowboats.. Two dry tunnels head off to the east, while to the west the waters of the lake widen into to the much larger cavern of the underground lake from whence you came.

Teofilo and Fallon are currently wounded (with Erima showing a slight wound), so Teofilo channels energy for 16, enough to fully heal Fallon, and leave a slight abrasion on Teofilo. He shakes his head, wearied. "I fear I can do no more such channeling this day."

The Scribe easily notes that footprints go from the two boats that were not brought by you, to the bare wall which the compelled are currently pawing at. The Scribe finds a secret door at that spot, and mentions such, but does not point it out for fear of the compelled just rushing forward naked and without the ability to protect themselves.

The three of you (Scribe, Lilim, Teofilo) note the smell of decay wafting from the northernmost tunnel, but The Scribe and Teofilo also noted a cry of anguish and pain coming from the southern tunnel -- cries that end abruptly a few seconds after they're first heard, and The Scribe reports this (with Teofilo confirming hearing the same).

Lilim, what do you recommend?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

"We have our own to look after, and we have to get them whole," says Lilim. "Let's open the secret door and see what that does for us."
    Current Games

10. - Top - End - #160

The Scribe opens the secret door, and as soon as he does that, the compulsion on Rezah, Fallon, and Erima end.

However, the hissing whispers are still heard in the bright grotto, The Scribe has no more beeswax, and having beeswax in one's ears might be a detriment (severe penalty to hearing-based Perception checks).

The Scribe immediately steps into the room beyond. The cave’s walls are rough-hewn and embers of a large fire burn dimly, with an iron pot and other cooking implements sitting beside it. A narrow natural chimney extends through the roof twenty feet overhead. On the east wall stands a huge red panel covered with images, while to the west lean several crudely made fishing poles and nets.

The Scribe hurries everyone else in, and then sends Teofilo out on a long task ... to gather up all of Fallon's discarded gear. The Scribe is adamant that nobody open up the single door to the east until everyone is sorted out again, which means this may take several minutes. He assists Rezah with putting on his armor, while Lilim assists Erima with what is now her armor. The Scribe gives an account of all that has happened; while the formerly compelled have full memories of their time under the compulsion, their single-minded focus means that they were not very aware of all of what was going on. So, the sad news of Sinxia Malcone's death (but her vengeance as Teofilo aided greatly in making sure both eels were dead) is given.

While this is going on, what other conversation do you make? Also, given the cooking fires, The Scribe mentions the discussion to occur rather quietly so as not to echo and be heard. He does NOT mention the voice-in-peril to Rezah at this time.

EDIT: The Scribe says the panels to the east is a door, much like had been seen before.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-11-02 at 02:19 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilim isn't feeling particularly chatty, and the loss of a teammate and the compulsion is something that others will talk about when they're ready.
    Current Games

12. - Top - End - #162

Do Rezah or Erima have anything to say?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Putting back the chainshirt, Erima kinda growls.

"And now we can add revenge to our grudges against Sorshen. She will pay for that, too."

She slightly points toward the wall, seemingly talking about the humiliation as well.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rezah, free from his compulsions, looks downtrodden. "We will avenge our fallen comrade. This embarrassment will not be forgiven."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilim doesn't say anything, not wanting to jump on the vengeance-train. To her, the idea of vengeance is ridiculous. Sinxia was killed by the eels, and the eels have been killed. They were there on a mission to get the next piece of the shard so that others who might try to reform the Sihedron for nefarious purposes would fail. And for her own part, Lilim could bring honor to House Sharif.

She keeps her calm and waits for the others to finish getting ready, providing assistance where she is needed.
    Current Games

16. - Top - End - #166

Once everyone is ready, The Scribe checks the door to see if it is safe. The door functions identically to the one previously found, save that all of the images on the door's panels depict Sorshen in dalliances with attractive humanoids. Until Earthfall brought her reign to an end, this section of the dungeon used to be her harem.

Of course, continuing to distract matters is the reminder that Erima looks exactly like Sorshen. And to see those poses offers its normal problematic issues.

The Scribe looks to the rest of the group, and this time he whispers. "I hear the voices of women on the other side. It doesn't sound like they've been alerted to our presence. Suggestions .... quietly?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Do we have any way to scout them out? Rezah asks quietly to the rest of the group. "Otherwise the only option I can see is send Erima in and see how they react to her."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

18. - Top - End - #168

The Scribe whispers back, "That's actually brilliant." He looks to the ersatz 'Sorshen.' "What do you think?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"I can try. But given that it's one of her traps that brought me here, I guess her minions might have a way to differentiate between her and me. Worth a shot, though."

She seems to seriously consider it, though.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

20. - Top - End - #170

So, this makes it "Sorshen's" show.

Erima, what do you do?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Before taking the direction of the room, Erima quickly removes the chainshirt she's wearing, as well as other stuff that could break the "illusion".

"Do you think it's enough to not reveal myself ?"

22. - Top - End - #172

The Scribe says, "That was a good choice on your part. I mean, a mithral shirt is beautiful in its own right ... but, yeah, Sorshen's vanity would see it as hiding her form."

Now what?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Once ready, Erima casually pushes the door and enters the room, as if she was owning the place.

Spoiler
    Show
    A bluff roll might be needed to act, but if I remember well, you're rolling those, right ?

24. - Top - End - #174

A long, wooden table of ancient design sits in this room, surrounded by uncomfortable-looking wooden chairs. Crates and chests are scattered against the walls, and several doors line the north and south walls between the crates. Huge red panels of painted murals stand to the east and west.

Six armored women are gambling at the table, and as soon as Erima walks in, they instantly stand - knocking back and down their chairs - and draw their swords. As soon as they see "Sorshen" standing before them, they take a more deferential pose and lower their swords.

One stands to and asks, "Is it time to march on Korvosa, Mistress?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Not yet, but soon enough. How many of you are ready, and how ready so far ?"

She quickly answers, trying to keep up with the fast pace Sorshen should have in domineering situations.

26. - Top - End - #176

"We here are ready, awaiting to be called, Runelord Sorshen," says one of the Gray Maidens. In answer to Sorshen, they put their helmets on. Curiously, each one of them would have been at least moderately attractive (if not very attractive in one case), were it not for various facial scarring. They ready their shields, salute with their swords, and stand ready for Sorshen's next missive.

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Sorshen" starts a casual stroll in the room, trying to scout the place thoroughly before going back.

"How long have you been working for me so far ?"

Not even waiting for an answer, she continues :

"Do you still remember how you should start assaulting Korvosa ?"

28. - Top - End - #178

"As you direct, Runelord Sorshen?" answers one, a little unsure.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Looking slightly exasperated, "Sorshen" keeps looking around for anything that might be useful.

"Very well. What about my other question ?"

30. - Top - End - #180

"We have waited for the return of Runelord Sorshen all our lives. She is the piece of the puzzle that has been missing from our misbegotten existence," starts one Gray Maiden, before others join in, and all are chanting this by the end. It is obvious a piece of dogma that they've been trained to say.

About the room ... A long, wooden table of ancient design sits in this room, surrounded by uncomfortable-looking wooden chairs. Crates and chests are scattered against the walls, and several doors line the north and south walls between the crates. Huge red panels of painted murals stand to the east and west.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2019-01-24 at 03:34 PM.
    Show