New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Shattered Star II: Curse of the Lady's Light (IC)

Going back toward the entrance, "Sorshen" adds :

"Before we march on Korvosa, I might have something for you to do. We'll see."

After those words, she goes back toward her friends (supposing noone tries to stop her).
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

"What is't, Dread Runelord?"
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Right before going through the door, she adds :

"Wait and see."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So basically going back to the others, but only after ensuring they are not following me.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #184

You said wait ... so it seems like they are waiting.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima goes back to the other adventurers and describe what she's seen.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"So, they believe you are Sorshen, but there's no way you can send them out of range. Is that correct? We will still have to fight then?"
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

7. - Top - End - #187

Footsteps of metal on stone are heard as one of the Gray Maidens comes to the doorway, calling out, "Runelord Sorshen, we heard you talking ... who are these men?!"

She looks to the Runelord and the strangers in the room [the PCs]. "Sisters! Runelord Sorshen has found interlopers from the surface! Sorshen, shall we get rid of these male interlopers for you?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

She shrugs.

"Well, I guess I could order them around. Is there any place that would better to send them ? I think I should make them break in three groups, but given I know nothing of the deeper parts of the place, I have no place to direct them toward. Maybe I could simply order them to bring back something from my stash, or something vague like that, but that would mean potentially alert them."

9. - Top - End - #189

Another Gray Maiden walks up behind the first one. "Lady Sorshen, where are the magic shields you promised us?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima answers reluctantly while moving toward the spot where she let her axe :

"Your help will be enough for those. As for you, your shields are on the way. You should go further look where they are."

11. - Top - End - #191

"Imposter!" the Gray Maiden (G6) shrieks at the top of her lungs.

Begin Round One ...

R1T30:
    With blinding reflexes The Scribe bolts to the middle of the room while taking something out and tosses it as G6. A set of bolas pound into her for 10 NL and knock her down.

R1T22: Taking advantage of his advantage, Teofilo flies past the fallen G6, past G1 (who is at the door) and into the next room and 5' above the table (10' altitude).

R1T21: Erima, though G6 called out you being an imposter, that didn't help her from being suprised by The Scribe. And, in a rare show of agility on your part, you have the jump on all of the opposition. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2019-02-21 at 03:35 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Grabbing her axe, Erima moves sides to side with the scribe, quickly showing her cold anger.

"You'll pay for this !"

Show
    So once I got my axe, I move two squares right.

13. - Top - End - #193

R1T21: Grabbing her axe, Erima moves sides to side with the scribe, quickly showing her cold anger. "You'll pay for this!"

R1T20: G5 comes into the room, but she has to move around her fallen sister and that opens her up, so she tries to get into a protected position while fending off blows from The Scribe and Erima. The Scribe's ranseur picks the longsword out of her hands as she sidesteps her fallen friend, and Erima hits her in the helm for 22, causing her to stumble into the wall, severely wounded.

R1T19: Fallon quickly moves in behind The Scribe, and casts a spell at the doorway. A large area now seems to shimmer in some kind of slickness. G1 keeps her footing, but G5 and G2 both sllip and fall.

R1T17-8: G1 gets on her feet and moves into the room, just past the area of Fallon's grease spell, and now threatens The Scribe and Erima. G2 gets on her feet, then slips and falls again. G4 drops her longsword and takes out her crossbow to point it at Teofilo.

R1T6: Rezah, what do you do? Your shield is readied and your scimitar is in hand.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rezah closes in on G2 and gives her a couple of swings from his Scimitar.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step towards G2, and full attack

Attack 1 (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage (1d6+2)[8] + (1d6)[5]

Attack 2 (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage (1d6+2)[8] + (1d6)[5]

15. - Top - End - #195

R1T6: Rezah closes in on G2 and gives her a couple of swings from his scimitar, slashing across the side of her belly for 13, though the second attack misses.

R1T5-4: G3 drops her sword and takes out her crossbow, and slings her shield. G6 stands, and tries to step off the slick area but falls again.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T30:
    The Scribe smiles. "Interesting, their combat style - despite falling about - is such that I am having trouble reading their movements." He steps to flank G2 with Erima, then kicks the mailed lady ... in her groin ... proving that women have sensitivity down there as well as he does 15 and sickens her! He then follows up with a fist to the same spot of her groin for 20, which is enough to cause her to go unconscious.

R2T22: Teofilo flies over to the NW corner of the room and then lets loose with a tremendous breath of air at G4 and G5, but nothing happens other than some chairs getting knocked around.

R2T21: Erima, G2 is unmoving. G6 and G5 are both prone. You previously wounded G5 in the helm. What do you do?

G5 on deck, Fallon in the hole ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Finally letting out her anger, Erima roars at the nearby guard, striking in the opening created.

Show
    So, enter rage first, then let's try to intimidate G6. If it works (which should even on a 1 so I already roll the attack) I get a free attack on her (gonna put PA on it).

Intimidate - (1d20+35)[51]
    (with +2 from rage + intimidating strength)
    Attack - (1d20+15)[28]

Damage - (1d12+21)[30]

17. - Top - End - #197

R2T21: Finally letting out her anger, Erima roars at the nearby guard, striking in the opening created. She strikes the fallen Gray Maiden in the chest for 31, which doesn't quite drop her, but she seems very unsteady.

R2T20: GM5 tries to withdraw into the Gray Maiden quarters (room with the table), but falls again, and is now prone.

R2T19: Fallon concentrates, not actually casting a spell, and G1, G5, and G6 all become limned in some sight of faint, ghostly light.

R2T18: Lilim, who was curiously inactive last round (whoops!) moves forward to stand astride GM2's fallen form. She concentrates defensively with a spell, and licks of flame engulf G1 (7)/ G5 (13)/ G6 (15). GM6 goes limp.

R2T17: G1 tries to step off the slick area, but falls. She crawls off of the slick, but not before The Scribe stabs her with Xin-Rithux in the buttocks for 14. GM1 clears the slick, but is prone (crawling).

R2T8: GM4 looses her shield (on her back, not drops it), then shoots at Teofilo, but it just clicks off of his armor.

R2T6: Rezah, what do you do? GM5 is prone, lit by some ghostly flame, badly burned and wounded, and using total defense with her shield.

GM3 on deck, The Scribe in the hole ...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rezah will delay. There is little point to rushing further in while the fight is already within such close quarters.

19. - Top - End - #199

R2T6: Rezah delays. There is little point to rushing further in while the fight is already within such close quarters.

R2T5: GM3 shoots at Teofilo (missing), and reloads her crossbow.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T30:
    The Scribe readies his ranseur, tracing a circle to feint, but in the end simply stabs at GM5, but the latter expertly blocks the attack with her shield.

R3T22: Teofilo tries to float straight up some, fails, so ends up spending his energy position-keeping at his current altitude. He shoots an arc of electricity at the crawling GM1, hiting her for 11 electricity.

R3T21: Erima, you are currently raging. Last round, you used Power Attack. GM5 is prone and using total defense right now, but her sword was disarmed. What do you do?

GM5 on deck, Fallon in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Disdaigning the disarmed guard with contempt, Erima moves toward the next standing guard.

"You shouldn't defy me !"

Show
    So, move to around GM1 (it's a guard, right ?) and let's intimidate it too.

Intimidate - (1d20+36)[44]

Then if it pass, attack with power attack from Hurtfull.

Attack - (1d20+15)[30]

Damage - (1d12+22)[26]
    Last edited by silphael; 2019-03-03 at 11:15 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201

R3T21: Disdaining the disarmed guard with contempt, Erima moves toward the next standing guard. She is able to circumnavigate the slick areas in the room with the heroes, but she slips and falls once she gets into the next room. GM1 starts to laugh, and in anger Erima shouts, "You shouldn't defy me!"

Well, despite being on the floor, the gray maiden is still taken aback ... enough for Erima to swing up and over and hit GM1 deep in the belly .. dropping her. Unlike with GM6 in the other room, the strange, soft-colored flames on GM1 gutter out.
    Spoiler: Erima
    Show
    Erima recognizes that the faerie fire effect that Fallon had cast only works on creatures, not objects. Once a creature dies, any creature-affecting magic on it fails (normally), and for most spells the corpse is just an object. This is an interesting tell-tale way (when other flames from the same casting of the spell are still going), that the target is dead, not just dying.

R3T20: GM5, still working a strong defense with her shield, attempts to pick up her longsword. The Scribe attacks with his ranseur but is blocked. Lilim meets with much more success, however, biting the gray maiden in the hip for 15, who slumps against the wall, motionless.

R3T19: Fallon looks into the other room, and casts a spell, focusing on GM4. She calls out, "Lay down your arms and step back until battle has quit, and your life need not be forfeit!"

Looking to her allies in the room, and pointing to GM4, "Don't attack that one until we know if my spell worked."

R3T18: Lilim casts a spell, and lets out a terrific, piercing shriek (shatter) towards GM3, but nothing happens.

R3T8: GM4 sets her crossbow on the chair by her, then backs up 20'.

R3T5: The last hostile Gray Maiden shrieks "Traitor!" at her sister. She shoots at Teofilo, the bolt smashing against a joint and barely protecting the undine priest-bard, and she drops the crossbow and picks up her longsword. She sidesteps out of view of most of the PCs in the other room.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T30:
    The Scribe masterfully skates over the slick area and into the other room, faces down GM3, and drops his ranseur as he goes to grap her .... sloppily.

R4T22: Teofilo flies across the room to get a bead on GM3. He fires a horribly aime lightning arc at the metal-clad woman, somehow still hitting her for 6 electricity.

R4T21: Erima, you are raging, and you are prone in a slick area. What do you do?

Fallon on deck, Lilim in the hole, Rezah delaying (and can go at any time) ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Given her current positionning, Erima tries to stand back on her feet and get closer with one of the remaining guards.

Show
    So trying to get close to GM4, but if I'm not mistaken I'll go far slower.

23. - Top - End - #203

R4T21: Given her current positionning, Erima tries to stand back on her feet and get closer with one of the remaining guards.

R4T19: Its job finished, Fallon concentrates and the slick area disappears. She then flies into the other room and stands in the middle of the table to get a sense of the battle.

R4T18: Lilim moves into the room and along the north, taking a pot shot at GM3 with an acid splatter that hits her target for 11 acid.

R4T8: GM4 withdraws away from Erima, loops around to the SE, then jumps up on the table to stand by Fallon. "I yield myself to you, but beg your protection."

Fallon looks at Erima and says, "You heard me, Erima, go around the table and get to the other one. This one is my responsibility."

R4T5: GM3 readies her shield, does a salute to The Scribe to show her intent, and swings her sword (that The Scribe easily sidesteps).

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T30:
    As he spins to avoid the attack, the Scribe's left leg goes high and once he returns to facing his opponent - who extended just past him - he brings his leg down to wrench her at the elbow at just the right angle to make her drop her sword. He then goes to do a kick with the same leg that is up, but fumbles badly and ends up nauseating himself!

R5T22: Teofilo hits GM3 with another lightning arc for 7 electricity.

R5T21: Erima, Fallon shouted at you for going after her charmed Gray Maiden. You are currently raging. What do you do?

Fallon on deck, Lilim in the hole, Rezah delaying ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Erima go through the room to the last fighting guard and ends her rage given the lack of remaining threats.

Show
    So, going around the right side of the table to the spot directly right of the remaining guard, and ending rage.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rezah enters the room after the others, his weapon lowered as he watches the others.

26. - Top - End - #206

R5T21: Erima goes through the room to the last fighting guard and ends her rage given the lack of remaining threats.

R5T20.5: Rezah enters the room after the others, his weapon lowered as he watches the others.

R5T19: Fallon says, "Stay here" to her pet, then flies down to the other guard to engage her. Normally, the Gray Maiden's protections would hold, but so focused is she on The Scribe that Fallon is able to successfully stab her with Silverfang for 6 in the left calf.

R5T18: Lilim casts a spell (that Erima doesn't recognize) and spits acid at the face of the last fighting Gray Maiden, doing 27 acid damage, instantly melting her face and killing her outright!

Combat Ends (even as GM3's face continues to melt for another 2 rounds!) ...

What do you do now?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Still with short breath, Erima quickly concludes :

"If I were Sorshen, your performance would have disappointed me."

28. - Top - End - #208

The Scribe looks at Erima-Sorshen. "A little less dry on the delivery of your joke would be helpful, especially since good teamwork and battlefield control defeated the enemy." He then goes to the other room to collect his bola.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2019-03-07 at 01:20 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"We should probably get moving." Rezah says and starts through the room calmly.

30. - Top - End - #210

Fallon looks to her new "friend." "Should I just have her 'guard' here?"
    Show