New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Mecha Crusade: Any support?

This is a very...odd thing to ask in a generally D&D forum but has there been any support for the Mecha Crusade game rules provided in Dungeon Magazine? Has anyone home-brewed up weapons or mechas from it? Is there anymore official content for it? (Would love to find a source-book for it)

Seriously. I love the idea of controlling a giant mecha about as much as I do being an epic wizard and I would desperately love to see that people have supported this paragon of geekery. Or should I be looking at the d20 futuristic setting books for this? (Something I don't want to go out and actually buy since I'll never use the books IRL)
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mecha Crusade: Any support?

Can't say I've even heard of Mecha crusade before, so I can't help you there.

I can, however, inform you that the d20 Modern/Future mecha rules are OGL, and thus downloadable for free from Wizards.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2007-08-04 at 02:56 PM.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BESM D20 has mecha in it. Heck, one of it's classes has the Own a Big Mecha (OBM) feat in it (and gets a total of 6 ranks by level 20). Another class, well check the name (and be mindful it isn't necessary): Sentai, as in Super Sentai, the sensation that created the Power Rangers.

And I would be interested in playing a mecha campaign.
    Spoiler
    Show

PsyBlade, Ayna, and Baiyan by GryffonDurime

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh...apparently the d20 rules are very similiar to the Mecha Crusade ones except that Mecha Crusade has a different setting and relies more heavily on mecha while d20 has more equipment in general (mecha or otherwise) and other things thrown in as well that much up the whole thing.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Huh...apparently the d20 rules are very similiar to the Mecha Crusade ones except that Mecha Crusade has a different setting and relies more heavily on mecha while d20 has more equipment in general (mecha or otherwise) and other things thrown in as well that much up the whole thing.
    Ah!

I know what you're talking about.

Yes, the rules for Mecha Crusade and d20 Future robots are very similar. And since Mecha Crusade came out before d20 Future, I'm pretty sure they based d20 Future mecha off of Mecha Crusade.

However, I like the way Mecha Crusade works off of build points rather than a purchase DC, and the setting is great.

However, I do think that d20 Mecha is superior, if your GM pays attention and doesn't allow the occasional OP mech to slip through. The d20 mecha system works off off a build points system as well, and the Mecha Crusade setting works perfectly with any other kind of mecha rules system; d20 mecha is compatible with all d20 games, so the transition would be seamless.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty interested in this. I downloaded the errata for the True20 Mecha versus Kaiju the other day, which also looked interesting.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)