Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon

Thread: Jump Feats

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
    confused Jump Feats

I'm about to play a Barbarian in a 8th level campaign and I'm interested in feats which relay on my jumping skill. Could someone please list some helpfull feats in here, preferably with the book from which they came ?

If the feat is part of a tree please write the tree as well, although I'd prefer feats that aren't part of a feat tree or a small one at least.

All feats with explantion of course.

Thanks in advance.
    "Power is merely the faculty to act. It is a kinetic quantity few can grasp. The deaths of these fanatics costs me nothing. I can replace them. Because I never stop moving."

-Lucian~Fortuna Saga-

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jump Feats

What do you already have? A synopsis of your current build would be very helpful.

Leap Attack (Complete Adventurer) is fairly standard, in which case you want to be looking at Shock Trooper (Complete Warrior) as well. Basically they provide additional AB and DB on a Charge.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2007-08-04 at 03:15 PM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Which books do you have?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

If I remember right. There is a feat in the PHB2 that gives you a +5 on jump checks and removes the penalty for not having a running start.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Leap of the Heavens.
    "I reject your reality, and subsitute my own" -Adam Savage

6. - Top - End - #6

I have access to:
    Complete Divine/Arcane/Warrior/Adventurer.
    Frostburn
    Races of Destiny/Stone/Wild
    PHB II
    and of course the DMG & PHB

I can alter my feats because we only had one session yet so my current build doesn't matter.

I would like to see some feats which my enchance my jumping abilitys not only by sheer numbers. Jumping above/on foes seems interesting.

Thanks.
    "Power is merely the faculty to act. It is a kinetic quantity few can grasp. The deaths of these fanatics costs me nothing. I can replace them. Because I never stop moving."

-Lucian~Fortuna Saga-

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm...

I don't think there are feats for jumping on enemies, the closest I can think is some Tiger Claw maneuvers from the Tome of Battle.

8. - Top - End - #8

It's a shame you can't use Tome of Battle, Tiger Claw Warblade would work pretty well for you.

Leap of the Clouds and Leap Attack are the two that most readily spring to mind. The former enhances your jumping ability and lets you jump without having to take a running start (pretty helpful if you're hopping around during battle). Leap Attack gives you a 2:1 ratio on one-handed weapon power attacking if you jump while making the attack, and a 3:1 ratio for two-handed weapons (which you should be using anyway since you're a barbarian) and is the standard of most damage builds anyway.

Beyond that, not much that I can think of.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

9. - Top - End - #9

Unfortunately, "relying" on jump skill is relatively absent. Even feats like "leap attack" only really require you making a relatively easy jump DC to get the whole bonus. Actually getting a bonus for jumping really high is rare.

You didn't mention having access to it, but there's an unfortunately difficult to qualify for feat in Cityscape called Roof Jumper, which gives you 1d6 for every 10 feet you drop on an opponent. Of course, that still requires a jump check of 40 to do 1d6 extra damage.

Of course, start from a 30 ft. height advantage, and with a jump check you can almost deal the opponent as much damage as you'll be taking from the fall.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

10. - Top - End - #10

Jumping might just be the one and only thing Monks do a lot better then any other class, by virtue of their insane speed. For barbarian? Armor yourself lightly, get yourself boots of striding and springing and a ring of jump, maybe even add Skill Focus: jump, but I don´t think you´ll be getting much mileage out of it anyway.....
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Battle Jump from Unapproachable East lets you land on opponents for bonus damage, if you can be 10 feet above them first(Leap Attack should work well enough with that). Complete Warrior has the fairly useless "Eagle's School" Tactical Feat or somesuch, and one of the tactics is to jump on opponents to knock them prone(if you fail, you're the one who's prone).
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.