New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Base Class Contest Chat Thread V: I Scored at the Top of My Base Class

Tallying the votes thus far (I'll edit this post to keep the tally current):

Emotion - 3*
    Shadows / Darkness - 2
    Knowledge - 2
    Arabian Nights - 1

*I combined the votes for Rage / Emotion / Hope into a single entry, as per Silva's suggestion.
    Last edited by UristMcRandom; 2019-10-27 at 01:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
    "It's a fireball. It's basically a magic hand grenade."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Base Class Contest Chat Thread V: I Scored at the Top of My Base Class

Quote Originally Posted by UristMcRandom View Post
    Tallying the votes thus far (I'll edit this post to keep the tally current):

Emotion - 3*
    Shadows / Darkness - 2
    Knowledge - 2
    Arabian Nights - 1

*I combined the votes for Rage / Emotion / Hope into a single entry, as per Silva's suggestion.
    Thank you for tallying everything up, I'll try and post the next contest on Friday.

Regarding mixing the base and prestige class contests, what I think might work would be this; The contest will accept both base and prestige classes based on the winning theme, and a contestant can submit one entry for each category. During voting, people will vote for each category separately, however you must vote for both categories to qualify, even if you only entered for one. Hopefully, this will encourage more entries overall and more votes.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Regarding mixing the base and prestige class contests, what I think might work would be this; The contest will accept both base and prestige classes based on the winning theme, and a contestant can submit one entry for each category. During voting, people will vote for each category separately, however you must vote for both categories to qualify, even if you only entered for one. Hopefully, this will encourage more entries overall and more votes.
    For Clarity.
    • Each Author can post one Base Class and one Prestige Class
    • Each entry is judged separately.
    • At voting time each voter must vote for both the Base Classes and Prestige Classes, Voters do not have to be authors.
    • To qualify the your entry must be complete at time of the voting thread being posted, and you must vote for both competitions.

My Homebrew: Here
    Competitions and Substystem Compendium: Here
    Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lanth Sor View Post
    For Clarity.
    • At voting time each voter must vote for both the Base Classes and Prestige Classes, Voters do not have to be authors.
    • To qualify the your entry must be complete at time of the voting thread being posted, and you must vote for both competitions.
    I do not believe individual non participating voters have to vote for both contests. They can if they want to but I don't think its required if you haven't submitted an entry in either contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lanth Sor View Post
    For Clarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    I do not believe individual non participating voters have to vote for both contests. They can if they want to but I don't think its required if you haven't submitted an entry in either contest.
    You essentially both have it right, participants are the only ones required to vote and must vote for both categories even if they only submitted for one. Non-participants are under no requirement to vote for both and can place votes for just the Base or Prestige classes if they wish.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

As it didn't appear we were getting any further votes, I've posted a new thread for the winning theme: emotions

My Homebrew

Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

You might want to specify the new rules changes like the Base Class/PRC class and the voting changes explicitly for those who don't follow this thread that closely.

Also add a PRC template for players just to make it more obvious.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    You might want to specify the new rules changes like the Base Class/PRC class and the voting changes explicitly for those who don't follow this thread that closely.

Also add a PRC template for players just to make it more obvious.
    I did rewrite the rules to specify that both base and prestige classes are now covered. As for the PRC template, does anyone know where I can find one?

My Homebrew

Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I did rewrite the rules to specify that both base and prestige classes are now covered. As for the PRC template, does anyone know where I can find one?
    Huh so you did. Reading comprehension fail I guess.

PRC Templates:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...0&postcount=20
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...7&postcount=21

Both from the previous PRC contest.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Well it looks like the standard 3 users have posted their base classes. I do plan on actually posting a psionic/shadowcasting PRC for this contest as well. As for my entree it's pretty WIP right now but I hope the current fluff is coherent enough though.

Come on though the rest of you lurkers, a bunch of you said you were going to participate in this contest this time! Don't let it just be us three again
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2019-11-10 at 05:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beginning crunch is underway on the sinrager prestige class. It's mostly intended as a fun and flavorful option for barbarians, but there's nothing stopping other classes from getting in on the action (well, besides those pesky alignment restrictions for paladins). The idea is that, by the time I'm done, each Rage of X ability will provide some abilities appropriate to the sin they're associated with for the duration of the rage, such as Rage of Gluttony giving a variation of Swallow Whole, a bonus to Disarm checks for Rage of Envy, or a Charm Person SLA for Rage of Lust.
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
    "It's a fireball. It's basically a magic hand grenade."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, the hope bringer is now completed, so if anyone has any thoughts on it please let me know. In the meantime, I'm going to start pulling together an idea I had for a prestige class based around the four humors.

My Homebrew

Show