Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 105
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Ah, the Harvest Festival. A time of year when everyone comes together for a joyous celebration of bountiful food from a fertile land.

    Mayor Antony is set to give a speech soon, which everyone should be in attendance for, but till then, you're free to do as you please. Rindi is in the center of the platform that was constructed in the center of town, playing a delightful little tune, while the rest of the town is out and about, talking, laughing, and having a good time.

    Where are you, right now, and what are you doing?
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-08-09 at 10:53 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Skavi sits next to his friend, Patrick Dirk. Both are enjoying a good drink and listening to Rindi's tune.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    "Ah, listen to her play," Patrick says as he knocks back some ale. "Nothing better than good food, good music, and good drink, eh, Skavi?" he adds with a brief chuckle.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    "'S why the festival is me favorite time 'o the year, my friend. Plus it's 'bout the only time mayor Antony picks up the drink. Last year when he tripped off 'is podium have me quite the laugh!" Skavi bursts withb laughter.
    Last edited by Juicy Kisses; 2017-08-09 at 11:40 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Patrick laughs hard when Skavi reminds him of that. Mayor Antony, who has a drink of his own nearby, looks to it and sighs before dumping it into a nearby bush. Seeing this, Patrick guffaws even harder.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    puzzler7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Kairn walks up to the stage. "Mind if I join you?"

    After receiving an answer, he pulls out his viol and begins playing, to complement Rindi's tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Level 20 monstrous tristalt? No thanks, I already have a full-time job.
    Hack and Slash Decathlon OOC

    E8 Cursed Dungeon Run: Viktor Akkhan IC OOC Map

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Vozen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    "So! There I was!" Sorala Said with a splay of her hands to the gathering of listeners. It was mostly the kids, but their were a few adults who she was pretty sure were listening in.

    She sat on a solid log carved into a stool for her, since she had a tendency to break normally chairs. Her meal and a half-empty tankard at her side for now as she faced her audience.

    "The biggest, meanest boar I've ever seen, with eyes like fire and a hide like hard leather, charges me. My trusty axe is on the ground, as good as a mile away!" She went on with the skill of someone who has told stories like this before.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Henrik leaned against a pole laden with little flags and listened intently to Sorala's story. This is going to be good, he thought to himself, as he took a sip from the tankard in his hand. Admittedly, the story of how they took down the boar was rather entertaining, but it was always nice to hear Sorala add her own flair to stories like these.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Vozen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Sorala took a moment to take a swig from her mug, knowing it was driving the audience crazy.

    "So I knew I was in trouble, but then I remembered one little thing, and I had a plan. I crouched at the ready..." she leaned forward in her seat "and stared down the charging boar until the last...possible...moment. Then, I lunged to the side into a roll!" Her arms were swung to her right for emphasis "Just in time for the boar to hit the old oak tree behind me! I grabbed one of my javlins in the roll and came up at the ready. That's when Henrik-" and here she gave an affirmative hand motion to indicate him "-buried two arrows right into it's legs and killed it's charge. I moved in on it's right and kept it busy, Henrik swept in on the left with his rapier drawn, and right when it picks him as a targed, it looked away from me at just the wrong moment, and woosh! I slew the beast when I buried the javelin right in it's left eye!"

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Caleb loved few things in life more than the harvest time; pure thankfulness and community echoed the blessings of the light in ways that few religious rites could echo. Except in times of great famine and drought these occasions never failed to result in new life but this year held a good promise. Though he was no farmer, the jovial cleric knew enough of the life to hope that his friends would eat well long through the winter months.

    The spirit of the small village and the peace afforded by a harvest secured was evident in all faces, but he had eyes only for Molly. She was radiant in her festive dress, and for that reason he had "volunteered" to help move the trestle tables and help the ladies setup for the coming revel. He devoutly hoped that he looked impressive in his chain. He had dithered for hours as to the appropriate attire, but figured that it emphasized his muscles nicely.

    Putting down the last of the tables Caleb moved over as he could see that Sorala was getting into the swing of her famous boasts. His tankard and shield lay on the side of the stage and he settled in near enough to be entertained.

    What a fine life. Not stuck in the capital. Enjoying the peace and pleasures of country life with nary a report or confession to deliver!
    Last edited by Trevethan Norn; 2017-08-09 at 05:56 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    puzzler7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Kairn finishes his duet with Rindi, and thanks her. He then wanders over to the crowd surrounding Sorala - or at least, as much of a crowd as you could really get in this village - to listen in on the tale. He considers performing some minor magic tricks for the crowd, but ultimately decides against it; he doesn't want to upstage Sorala.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Level 20 monstrous tristalt? No thanks, I already have a full-time job.
    Hack and Slash Decathlon OOC

    E8 Cursed Dungeon Run: Viktor Akkhan IC OOC Map

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    The children are rapt with attention as she engages them in a tale, clapping in a wild round of applause when she finishes. Rindi joins Kairn after they finish their impromptu duet, seeing as Mayor Antony is approaching the stage.

    Antony clears his throat, loudly, but fails to capture most people's attention. He looks around, and spots Michael leaning against a wall, watching some of his kids enjoy Sorala's tale. Antony beckons him over, and talks quietly to Michael. Michael nods, and raises his blade high, letting unsheathing it and infusing a portion of his old, faded divine energy into it. The blade glows brightly, even in the midday sun, and everyone nearby grows quiet for a moment.

    "Everyone!" Mayor Antony calls out. "I would like to begin my speech, if you may!"

    The children around Sorala groan, but head off to their parents as Michael leaves the stage, joining with his own family. Soon enough, everyone is assembled in front of the stage.

    "Now, I would like to thank you all for a wonderful year. I know that sometimes, we get on each other's nerves, there are fights or arguments, but in the end, we all care deeply for one another. To that end, I have written-" he begins, but suddenly cuts himself short. Or, rather, is cut short. A sickly green daggerpoint is visible jutting from his chest, and behind him, materializing as if from thin air, is an orc, standing some 6' tall. He pulls the dagger out with a sickly squelch, and Mayor Antony drops to the ground, bleeding heavily.

    "Your time is at an end, weaklings!" the orc shouts, raising his bloody dagger high. "I am but the first!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll initiative.

    (1d20+3)[11] for the orcish assassin
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    puzzler7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    "NO! Skavi, can you help him?"

    Distraught at the sight of his only family being brutally cut down, Kairn runs toward the fallen mayor, and begins to mentally attack the assassin.

    "You fool! You complete, utter idiot! You cannot even begin to comprehend the consequences your unparalleled idiocy will bring!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move: As close as possible to the mayor, to check if he's alright. I assume I can't reach him in 30' of movement, especially with the panicked crowd and whatnot.
    Action: Vicious mockery on the orc. DC 13 WIS save or take 1d4 damage and have disadvantage on next attack. Damage: (1d4)[1].
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Level 20 monstrous tristalt? No thanks, I already have a full-time job.
    Hack and Slash Decathlon OOC

    E8 Cursed Dungeon Run: Viktor Akkhan IC OOC Map

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Skavi rushes towards the mayor to try to heal him. "Antony! Don't worry, I'm coming my friend!"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move as close as possible to Mayor Antony
    Last edited by Juicy Kisses; 2017-08-09 at 07:17 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Vozen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Sorala had trained long and hard to hold her rage back, less it sweep in like a storm and destroy everything. So her first impulse was not to become angry, at least not yet. It was to strike back, and end the threat, before more damage could be done. She sprang to her feet and took up her weapons before the mayor had hit the ground. She would trust the healing to the hands of another, her job would be to make sure they had no more work today.

    The handaxe was in her hand in an instant, in the next she had pulled it back and hurled it forward with a sharp and harsh arc of her arm, sending it spinning at the fiend who had hurt a man she cared for and respected.

    "Bastard!"

    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[14]

    Damage Roll: (1d6+3)[8]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Spoiler: Wisdom Save
    Show
    (1d20)[4]

    For future reference, just roll a d20 with stuff like Vicious Mockery. I'll add the stat mods as needed.


    Kairn and Skavi run for the mayor, vaulting on to the stage and staying out of the assassin's immediate reach, but close to the mayor.

    Sorala, meanwhile, attacks him physically, and though her axe bites into the matted leather armor on his shoulder, it fails to penetrate deep enough to cause damage.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assassin has taken 1 point of damage so far.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-08-09 at 09:59 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    As soon as Henrik heard the all-too-familiar sound of metal piercing flesh, he shifted into his stance, drawing his longbow from where it rested over his shoulder and pulled an arrow from his quiver with a swift, practiced motion. He'd trained at this for years, and he'd better not miss.

    Henrik drew a sharp breath, and let loose an arrow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    The arrow just barely sinks its way into the assassin's shoulder, punching deep in and sending blood welling up. The orc grimaces and lets out a primal roar of challenge in response.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5 damage taken.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-08-09 at 10:11 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Caleb was stunned and nearly too slow in grabbing his shield and running towards the mayor. As the orc realed and roared from the arrow sprouting as if from nowhere, he took a look at the extent of the mans injuries and immediately knew that the man was knocking on deaths door. He held forth his shield with a prayer to Lathander on his lips as he rushed towards the men around the fallen mayor.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Caleb joins his compatriots on the stage, hands reaching for Antony and stopping the flow of blood. The mayor, while still grievously wounded, is no longer dying.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Skavi tends to the mayor's wounds, almost not even noticing what is happening around him. "You're going to be okay Antony, we're here." A bright light pulses through the veins in Skavi's arms and into Anthony's wound.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Casting Cure Wounds as a first level spell, (1d8+3)[11] edit: add 3 hit points from disciple of life
    Last edited by Juicy Kisses; 2017-08-10 at 10:22 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    The orc steps on Mayor Antony's body, eliciting a grunt of pain from the prone elf, and lets loose with a flurry of blows, stabbing into Caleb, Kairn, and Skavi. As soon as he does, he begins to also bob and weave, moving like a man possessed.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using two short-rest abilities, one to stab everyone adjacent, one to Dodge as a bonus action.

    Bonus Action: Dodge
    Action:
    Caleb
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d20+5)[25] Disadvantage from Vicious Mockery
    (1d4+3)[6]
    (2d6)[3]

    Kairn
    (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d4+3)[7]
    (2d6)[8]

    Skavi
    (1d20+5)[11]
    (1d4+3)[5]
    (2d6)[5]

    Each person hit must make a DC 12 Strength Save. They take the 2d6 in poison damage on a failed save, and are poisoned for one turn, or half that damage and no poison condition on a successful save.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Skavi, his attention to Antony broken by the orcs steppin g on him, ducks underneath the orcs swing.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Without speaking a word, or even blinking, Henrik drew another arrow from his quiver and aimed it at the intruder. Catching him when he was darting about like that, while not hitting the others wasn't going to be an easy task.

    Well, for any amateur archer. This was Henrik, and he wasn't going to let some assassin with a poisoned dagger just get away like that.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack rolls: (1d20+7)[20], (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage roll: (1d8+3)[9]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    The arrow finds its mark, passing by his allies cleanly and sinking into the orc's thigh. He looks hurt, but still going strong.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    14 damage taken.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    puzzler7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Kairn grunts as the dagger hits him. He backs away, not wanting to leave the mayor, but also not wanting to end up like him.

    "Henrik, Sorala, if possible, try to take him alive! We need to find out what he knows, and if there are any more coming! With an idiot like this incompetent bastard, getting information out of him will be no problem at all!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    First, STR save. DC 12, take 4 dmg on success, take 8 dmg and 1 turn poison on failure. STR roll: (1d20)[2].

    Now, for my turn:
    Move: 15 ft away from the orc.
    Bonus Action: Bardic inspiration to Sorala. In the next 10 minutes, she can add 1d6 to a d20 she rolls.
    Action: Vicious Mockery. Orc must succeed on a DC 13 WIS save (Save: (1d20)[8]) or take 1d4 damage (Dmg: (1d4)[1]).
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Level 20 monstrous tristalt? No thanks, I already have a full-time job.
    Hack and Slash Decathlon OOC

    E8 Cursed Dungeon Run: Viktor Akkhan IC OOC Map

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    As Kairn backs away, the orc lashes out again, taking advantage of his hasty retreat. But, in his own frantic motion, his attack goes wide.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Opportunity attack!

    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d4+3)[6]
    (2d6)[11]

    Same deal, DC 12 Strength save for the 2d6 poison damage.

    Orc has taken 15 points of damage, assuming you aren't dropped by the OA.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-08-10 at 11:29 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Caleb was ready when the orc threw a wild thrust his way. In the process of stepping on the mayor, the orc had miscalculated and his dagger slid off Caleb's shield, leaving some dark smear on its emblem. Irate that the coward would continue assaulting innocents, he cursed the orc, "In the name of Lathander and the guiding light, I sentence you to death!" The orc shimmered slightly as the light seemed to smear about him. In the next instance, Caleb threw a bolt of eldritch energy square at the orcs exposed chest.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hexed bonus action, disadvantage on dexterity ability checks. +1d6 necrotic damage to any time it is hit with an attack.

    Eldritch blast-Agonizing blast:

    (1d20+5)[9]

    Damage if it hits: (1d10+CHA (from AB, and no double up house rule from radiant soul)+hex 1d6):

    [roll]1d10+3[/roll]

    + necrotic (had to edit as it didnt want to roll 2 dice in same roll) from hex:

    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    Last edited by Trevethan Norn; 2017-08-10 at 11:48 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Spoiler: ooc for above post, rolls wouldnt go.
    Show
    Its not letting me put more than one roll in, which is weird:

    In case I hit with that crappy score, here is the dmg:

    (1d10+3)[10]
    necrotic dmg
    (1d6)[4]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Vozen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: Adventures In Oakenleaf (Take II) [IC]

    Sorala Had finally had enough, and let her control slip in a measured way, and the Rage begins. With a roar, she charged forward with her Greataxe and swings it in a diagonal slash at the orc, hoping to cut him down!

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[20]

    Damage: (1d12+5)[7]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •