Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Sun Always Rises

"Very well. Thank you for your assistance," she replies.

A secret journal! "I understand. I'll deliver it to her personally." She'll take the notebook and puts it in her backpack. "Here."

She takes her phone out and resets it to factory conditions. Entering the relays and her frequency, she says, "Call Star Chaser, our current comms operator, or me if you need anything. She is trying to reorganize the guards here." She glances to the jack hidden in her backpack.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

He accepts it and, surprisingly, fiddles with it until he seems satisfied. "A newer system than the one I studied, but the basic concepts are still familiar to me," he says, "I suppose it would be fitting for an old warrior such as me to give some words of ancient wisdom. Unfortunately, I spent my early years beating in heads instead of reading books. So this will have to do." He clears his throat. "Do not sacrifice yourselves to nobly die for your country. Rather, make the other side die for theirs."

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, it would be good if everyone who wanted made a perception check right about now.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

"Har har Sniper. I'm just going as protection such as it is." Brazen moves to follow Love, following suit with muting his broadcast when he sees her status change on his HUD for curiosities sake. Going one step further and muting his external speaker as well. It was quick enough to turn on if needed and action tended to speak just as loudly.

When they exit the airlock Brazen keeps his shotgun pointed away from Crow Lock, giving him a polite nod when Love introduces him, but otherwise keeps himself occupied with scanning over the room. Listening in with interest as the duo talk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lets try a detect lies and that perception check~

Detect Lies (skill 12): (3d6)[10]
    Perception (attribute 12): (3d6)[6]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Spamalot in the Playground

Rose just watches the conversation unfold. She kept an eye out for anything unusual in the area.

Perception (3d6)[5] vs. 12
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Scope remained vigilant, flicking his attention between Crow Lock and their surroundings. He kept his rifle at the ready.

(3d6)[3][1][4](8) vs. 12

6. - Top - End - #306

Crow Lock does seem anxious, but as far as the EDF can tell, he is being truthful in what he says. What he doesn't say is what's concerning. Brazen catches the vampire's gaze slide more than once to a large pile of spare parts and boxes in the corner. The only thing about this pile that anypony notices is the top of a deep-blue box with a white light stuck on top poking out at the back.

Come to think of it, it's rather odd that the rest of the room is clear of any boxes or tarps or junk of any kind. Well, other than the dead corvids. It is all piled up in that very corner.

7. - Top - End - #307

"Someone wanna ask what's behind the pile?" Rose whispers over the EDF comm channel.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

"Studied? A practical is always deserved." That would be a head smashers words of wisdom. "Thank you for your council. You have my number. We should head out now. Good luck to you."

Rose whispers into her ear. Right. Love will start to walk toward the blue box.

She'll also unmute herself.

9. - Top - End - #309

Crow Lock's eyes follow her. A strained smile crosses his face. "Miss Charge? The door you're looking for is the other direction. That one will lead right toward where Chrysalis was held in her cell."

When she continues, he clears his throat. "There is also a security terminal of sorts in the next room. All the computers are offline right now in order to save power on the batteries, but I am confident in your abilities to do...something with it. But really, you should head that way, not the way you're currently headed."

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

And, she'll mute herself again.

"I see something suspicious in that pile though. It'll only take me a second to check before I'm on my way." She points her hoof toward it and releases one of her drones that way. She turns to face Crow Lock. "Oh, a security terminal? That would be nice..."

11. - Top - End - #311

Crow Lock's smile tightens. "I assure you, the room is secure. I have checked it over myself. I simply piled the refuse over there to deny any invaders potential cover. If you must do something, then help me pile the slain together so I may burn them. The last thing we want is a platoon of corvids who all share my unique condition."

12. - Top - End - #312

Rose leaves the tram and moves into the room to speak to Crow Lock. She doesn't have much confidence in an air-tight suit protecting her, but maybe their mutual love for their nation will be a better shield.

"Sir Lock? We are all protectors of Equestria here. I think we can agree that right now, our country is threatened by Chrysalis and whoever she has gripped by the mind to use against us," Rose says, using her brave face learned from boot camp years back. "If we want to ensure Equestria remains safe, we need to trust each other. That means not hiding secrets. I just want to know what the blue box is that you have under there. I'm sure you have a very good reason to keep it hidden away."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #313

Crow Lock's entire attention is suddenly focused on Rose. He frowns and opens his mouth, considering her request.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Roll, please!

14. - Top - End - #314

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Crow Lock's entire attention is suddenly focused on Rose. He frowns and opens his mouth, considering her request.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Roll, please!
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Don't have the book in front of me. I *think* Diplomacy defaults to IQ-6?

(3d6)[12] vs 7 (IQ 13)
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #315

In the end, however, Crow Lock scowls. "Equestria is in no danger from this box. And you do not need to know what it is. The owner asked me to keep it safe, and safe I will keep it. You are wasting your time with a...what is the phrase? A Red Herring. Blue, in this case." He glowers. "Leave. Now. Before I lose my temper."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Love will recall her drone and unmute herself again. The issue isn't getting pressed farther by her.

She'll walk out with the group, if they're ready to go.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-17 at 03:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    He glowers. "Leave. Now. Before I lose my temper."
    "Right, uh, we'll leave you to your work," Rose says. She slowly inches toward the door, stepping around the mangled corvid bodies. She'd rather not press Lock further, but that box is suspicious. Its owner asked him to keep is safe? She mentally notes that as she steps away. She doesn't completely turn her back on the batpony, walking and turning her facing a few times.

When she gets to the door, she attempts to open it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper Scope steps forward to join the others. He paused to pop the faceplate of his helmet; then gave the general a salute-- one that was meaningfully respectful.

"I apologize for offending you. We did not mean to insinuate any disloyalty. I appreciate all that you have done and respect how you have handled your predicament. It would be an honor to shake your hoof, sir."

Sniper Scope extended his right hoof.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    If Crow Lock accepts, then Scope'll nanobug him.

19. - Top - End - #319

Crow Lock hesitates for a moment, but then accepts Sniper's hoof. His grip is strong, very strong, but there is no warmth in his flesh. He nods to Sniper and bows one last time to the group as a whole. "Moonlight guide you. I would give you the full blessing, but the sun never seems to listen to me anymore. Remember! Give that journal only to Luna. And beware anything that seems too good to be true. It probably is a trap."

He makes no further move to impede their progress. And, as promised, right outside the room a few feet down the hall is a sealed blast-door to a security station. The access panel is inactive, meaning it probably doesn't have power. But a little splicing together of wires would allow access.

20. - Top - End - #320

"Love, I think you're up," Rose says. she covers one half of the hallway for her.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Love let's out a sigh of release once the group passes the room's threshold. "That was actually a pin-prickly but positive meeting. My heart is really pumping iron. I wasn't sure what to expect going in there. A friendly character that guy... Besides all the killing." It's hard to forget that part. She glanced to Rose to see if she was holding up OK. "While he is full he didn't seem conflicted talking to you Rose. Well, besides the whole blue box thing."

She'll start unpacking her equipment. "Scope what's our route? You've always been the go to guy for tactics."

22. - Top - End - #322

A quick look at the map reveals that their current position in Core Module Six places them directly below the storage facility for all the prisoner's belongings. In order to get to where Chrysalis' cell is, the team will have to pass through module 5, Life Support, and 4, the reactor, and will pass by the medical ward. The reactor could be very dangerous, as it is offline and reported to be damaged. Caution, therefore, is wise when attempting to head through the area.

While the others plan out the route, Love gets the door open and turns the security station's computer back on. The insides of this one are not pretty. It's like looking at roadkill. Whole databases are missing, the OS is on a meltdown, and conflicting orders are pouring in from two separate users. It looks as if one of them tried to delete System 32, got halfway there, and the other put a stop to it. Love is on the system now, but has no influence and can only access a few files stored in the security database. Most of those store camera footage and nothing else. Not even a single turret or blast-door is hers to control.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-07-18 at 01:02 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Love takes a seat on her armor-heated bum and starts pulling the door apart. The access panel hiding wires get screwed off. A large power cell gets stitched into the door's heart to bring it back to life. She manually triggers the door open and says, "Yes! Love 1. Station 0." A battle victory noise plays from her suit.

She'll look to Rose guarding the hallway, then make her way inside. She'll take a peak around to make sure no space horrors are hiding. If that's all clear she'll start repeating a similar the process for the computer terminal. Her computer plugged into it by the end. A first glance doesn't fill her with much hope. She turns her head and shouts to the group, "Wow! What garbage. The station is super trashed." She messes with it a bit more before announcing, "There is some old footage. That's all I have for now. It looks like a war zone in here. Two ponies are apparently fighting over the system even existing. I'll need time to do anything else."

Love will try to get into whatever of the system remains then stealthy look or the two battlers.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    System Access Attempt
    (3d6)[8] vs 15 (Computer Hacking (p. 184)) +/- (Others; I'll try to use single-mind)

Single-Minded (p. 85) Obsession Test

(3d6)[12] vs 13 (Will)

24. - Top - End - #324

Love successfully gets access to what remains of the system and manages to do it so the other users don't immediately detect her. Two admin accounts, both with equal access, are fighting for control of the computer. Not that there is much left. One seems to be much more skilled. However, when that account gets too close to a database and shuts the other one out, that database goes offline. It returns the same errors Love recognizes from when someone violently and without warning unplugs a server or a computer from the network. The less skilled account, therefore, must have access to the hardware while the more skilled one is restricted to software.

Several key databases are already missing. For example, there should be one that the security systems, included the automated robots, use to discern friend from foe and tell if a pony should be in certain areas of the station. However, that is gone. The targeting program used by the turrets is gone. The station AR is offline and the programming mostly in tatters, though it could be salvaged. However, Love would also have to turn the power back on to get the signal working again.

The cameras, however, are still online. Many are broken or damaged, but the one in Chrysalis' cell still works. And, in addition to a live view, some of the footage from it is even recoverable.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Love will update the group. "Should we try to make contact? The more skilled user is probably the hostile chief computer officer. The hardware pony might be on our side?"

She'll try to sneak access to the cameras.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Camera Access
    (3d6)[17] vs 15 (Computer Hacking (p. 184)) +/- (Others; I'll try to use single-mind)

Single-Minded (p. 85) Obsession Test
    (3d6)[16] vs 13 (Will)

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    She glanced to Rose to see if she was holding up OK. "While he is full he didn't seem conflicted talking to you Rose. Well, besides the whole blue box thing."
    Rose looked a bit shaken by Crow Lock's confrontation, but she seems alright now. Apparently staring into the eyes of a vampire is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Love will update the group. "Should we try to make contact? The more skilled user is probably the hostile chief computer officer. The hardware pony might be on our side?"
    "If you can contact the hardware pony, that would be ideal. They might be helpful with information on the positions of Chrysalis' slaves," Rose says.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper Scope turned away from manipulating menus in his HUD to consider Love's request. He frowned as he weighed the options and found them wanting. There was no data to this decision. It would be a guess in the purest sense of the word.

"Unfortunately, I disagree. We do not know for certain who is friend or who is foe. I would not risk revealing ourselves to the enemy so readily."

Enough was enough. For the second time, Sniper began undoing the seals of his vacc suit. They were in hostile territory now and if he was going to be of any value in a firefight, then he must be able to move and gain ready access to his tools. In the meantime, he took a quick look at Rose. It was now his turn to ask: "Are you well?"

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    It was now his turn to ask: "Are you well?"
    Rose nods in the affirmative. "I'm alright. Getting up close to a corvid is ugly enough, but staring into Crow Lock's eyes was... unsettling. Not an experience I can really compare to anything."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #329

Love's hacking, unfortunately, attracts the attention of the more skilled user, who quickly slams down a block on the camera access. This also allows him to trace her location on the network and, therefore, her physical location too. But before she can shut the whole thing down and run for the nearest bathroom to hide in or anything silly like that, the intercom by the door chimes. "Call incoming," it says in a soft, comforting mare's voice. The kind that Brazen would love to take on a date.

Anypony can answer it, but it chimes insistently.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen is mildly distracted as he sends data off to Star. Essentially occupied by whatever the box that Crow had been guarding until the chime breaks his reverie. "Is that a good or bad sign?" He asks eyeing the terminal.