New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Sun Always Rises

"Was he a zombie?," Love asks in disbelieve at the odd scene.

"Right! Here you go." She pulls a big knife off her hip with her mouth and passes it over. It looks like she is playing surgeon nurse today. "That name sounds familiar." She'll double-check her files to make sure though. "Why?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-25 at 12:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Love's files show that Ironhorn was, indeed, the name of the Old Iron King, back when he was young and before he became King of Bullwara, land of the minotaurs, bulls, and other similar creatures.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "Why?"
    "These look like names," Rose says. She points to the writings on the tablet with the knife. She begins carving 'Ironhorn' on a spot she can fit it in. "I have a hunch, that carving his name here will end his powers." She works quickly to carve, tapping the end of the knife with her hoof if she needs to.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #454

As Rose works, bits of bone and muscle begin to form on the tablet and try to wrap their way around the knife and stop its progress, but the knife is sharp and cuts through them without much problem. The bigger issue is the tablet, which resists Rose's attempt to carve in it. But it is just stone, after all. In the end, she leaves his name scratched on the surface, though not nearly as deep as the others. The regenerating flesh crumbles to dust, leaving only the tablet behind.

The Royal Guard picks this moment to arrive.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-07-25 at 12:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

She looks where Rose is pointing. Her head slowly moves out of view as flesh/gore start happening.

She'll re-appear closer once the job is done. Muted on comms, "Pst," she whispers. "Are you going to keep that? I wouldn't mind having a super magical healing artifact. It'll be better in my hands than here. There is no way a group of scientist couldn't figure that out. It's obvious that some shadow cabal is using this station for evil experiments." Two eyes appear on her helmet and start to slowly move/focus in on the tablet.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-25 at 01:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456

Rose hands off the tablet to Love without thought and sits back. She just noticed her heart was beating pretty fast. All that crumbling and regenerating flesh was a bit disturbing, and then in a few hard scratches it was done. The minotaur was gone and... Rose wasn't sure how she should feel about it. Did she kill him? Or maybe he was already dead long ago? She stopped thinking about it and that might say a lot considering the kind of flesh injuries she's seen in the line of duty.

She looks up at the arrival of the royal guard. Relief. Another small victory for the EDF. Another step closer to securing the station. Rose turns her attention to her tools and wipes them down to stow away in the bag. She focuses on just breathing as she packs up her things.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper Scope returned from collecting his equipment. Unlike his earlier interrupted encounter, this one was easy to understand at a glance. He gave Love and Rose a nod of respect and then turned to deal with the Royal Guard.

"This landing is secure. Beyond this point it is less so." Sniper explains with a salute. "We had a minoutar with which to deal. He has been... obliterated... accordingly."

8. - Top - End - #458

The guard looks around at the platform. After a moment, Sniper Scope's words sink in. "The Old Iron King?" the lead mare squeaks, "But...but they said nopony could kill him! And if we ran into him, we were to fall back immediately until specialized equipment could arrive. How did you...?"

"Simple," Star Chaser says on the open channel, "I am very good at digging out any and all info the team needs. And Rose is a clever pony!"

"W-well," the mare gulps, "Congratulations on your victory, then?"

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

The tablet will go in the other bag across from the journal.

She can't help but imagine this is like some game of hers. She'd be sitting upon a spiky dark throne evilly laughing mwhahaha. The maguffin is finally hers! A bolt of lightning surely splitting the darkness in the background.

The tablet secured. Love shakes her head empty and joins the comms/discussion. "I'm not even sure if he was alive. He seemed more like a body possessed by something."

"How is the situation holding up back there? We're moving as fast as we can, but we've been delayed.""

10. - Top - End - #460

"So has everyone," the guard reports, "By the way, look out for the stations automated security. Looks like someone fried their 'is this friend or foe' circuits and they are targeting everyone. The second group encountered a group of swatbots rounding up some of the station's guards and putting them in cells with ordinary prisoners."

11. - Top - End - #461

Rose gets up off the floor, smiling a little at Star's comment about being a clever pony. She picks up her vac suit helmet, but hesitates to put it back on due to her inexperience with it. She settles on just strapping it on a buckle to her back for now and puts on her combat helmet.

"Okay, so don't trust the station's defenses. Great. What's our next move?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Love shakes her head with that sad fact. Possession is a scary thing.

Rose not putting her vac suit back on catches her eye. She'll walk over to her helmet side. "Mind if I help you?" She nods to her helmet.

Answering her question. "We still need to turn on life support. I suppose the question is our route. Will we go straight or try to weave through the back alley?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-25 at 03:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #463

"Split up and search for clues?" Star Chaser quips, "Okay, okay. Remember, we're finding the Elements of Harmony. The Royal Guard is securing the station. So, guard-mare, anypony seen the Elements recently?"

"We established contact with one of the guard posts in Prisoner Module 4," the mare replies, "No sign of the elements yet. Though they did mention spotting a pony wearing what they thought was a, well, a Lunar Guard uniform." She winces.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen breaths a sigh of relief as the threat of the minotaur is dissipated. "Another threat down, good work Rose." Immortality... The thought was almost tempting yet what Love said seemed to ring true. "I would think he'd have been mouthing off while he attacked us, I think you might be right about some sort of possession by the tablet. As to our next target... We should continue onto life support. If we can take that then move onto command fast enough we may beable to avoid Coffin Nail if the Lunar Guard sighting is what I think it is and contain them."

15. - Top - End - #465

LRose not putting her vac suit back on catches her eye. She'll walk over to her helmet side. "Mind if I help you?" She nods to her helmet.
    "Oh. Um, okay." Rose takes off her combat helmet and gives Love the vac suit helmet to put on.

"Without life support, primary objectives will likely die. I agree with Brazen and continue on that path."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #466

"Well, well, well," Chrysalis' voice booms over the intercom again, "Now this is unexpected. I assumed the only way to kill that beast was to use the little trinket on that filly's forehead. But apparently, any old knife would do. Interesting." She hisses. "No, not interesting. Infuriating! You four ponies are getting on my nerves. You want the Elements of Harmony? Fine. I'll send them your way. FEATHERBRAIN! MUDPONY! GRAB YOUR GEAR AND BLOW THEM ALL TO THE DARK FOREST OR SOMETHING!"

"Rodger-dodger!" Rainbow Dash says confidently.

"Easy as makin' apple pie," Applejack responds.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Oh. Um, okay." Rose takes off her combat helmet and gives Love the vac suit helmet to put on.
    She'll mute her comms again. "I'm sorry about knocking you out back there. I don't like to be put under myself. It feels like your dying, you know? It's creepy. Never knowing if you'll wake up."

She'll position herself right in front of her and stare Rose in the face as she puts her helmet on. Both hooves fiddling with the sealing process.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Love will respond to Chrysalis in my next post. D:

18. - Top - End - #468

She'll mute her comms again. "I'm sorry about knocking you out back there. I don't like to be put under myself. It feels like your dying, you know? It's creepy. Never knowing if you'll wake up."

She'll position herself right in front of her and stare Rose in the face as she puts her helmet on. Both hooves fiddling with the sealing process.
    Rose holds still while Love fiddles with the helmet. She smiles a little. "Don't worry about the gas. It... you managed to do more good than not, and I've been put under so many times that... well, I've lost count. It'll take more than that to keep me down. I'll be fine."

When Chrysalis' voice comes over the speakers, Rose gives Love a worried look.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen rolls his eyes. "Aaah stuff it already. Please tell me we can get her off comms soon?" Still they've got bogeys incoming it would seem and ones that were equipped just like them. This would be problematic. "Don't suppose there is a good spot to engage Rainbow Dash and Applejack? Ah think this is going to get messy and ah don't want to damage critical systems." Brazen asks on secured comms.

20. - Top - End - #470

"Depends," Star Chaser replies, "Do you want an open space or an enclosed one? Applejack in close range is, well bad. But giving Rainbow Dash room to maneuver is also bad."

"Hey numbskull!" Rainbow Dash shouts over the comms, "Guess who has a fancy suit tuned into all the Equestrian military comms? This mare! And we'll fight you where we want to fight you. Someplace awesome. With explosions and lightning and screaming winds! And don't think for a moment that-- Ow! Lemme go! That's my tail! Seriously, AJ, cut it out! I--Ponyfeathers, this is still on. You all heard nothing, got me? Nothiiiiiing."

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

He quickly connected his HUD's communication link to his digital recorder.

"Of course not." Sniper Scope replied over the same frequency. "I heard nothing but a pony of awesome become less so every moment she remains underneath Chrysalis' hoof. Rainbow Dash allow someone else to call the shots? Absurd. I refuse to acknowledge you as a real Commander."

22. - Top - End - #472

For a long moment, there is nothing but silence from the other end. "You try having that spell cast on you then," Dash answers, voice dark and dangerous, "Heh. If you're half the pony I am, it won't do much to ya. Just tickle a little bit. But then it gets worse and worse. If you're 3/4 the pony I am, you'll be able to take it for a while. A half-hour even! If you're 99% the pony I am, you'll even laugh at her attempts to control you. Element. Of. Bucking. Loyalty. But I dare you, I double-diamond-dog dare you, to not give in when she casts that same spell on Fluttershy and begins hurting her."

"Don't ever question my awesomeness! And if you think you're even half the pony I am, then let's go! You and me, one on one, pegasus against pegasus. No fancy armor, no weapons, just our wings and hooves. AJ can handle your friends, but you're mine. I'm Rainbow bucking Dash. And I'm the most awesome pony you'll ever meet."

The comms are silent and the Royal Guard look at Sniper Scope, a bit nervous, and wait for his response.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-07-25 at 07:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473

Rose is awaiting this response too. "Sniper..?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen pops his faceplate open and gives Sniper a sidelong look. "Well ah suppose Sniper gets to make that choice now that he's thrown down the gauntlet."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, that escalated quickly... There was only one option: to forge ahead. To back down would be to undermine the EDF and undo any of the good he had accomplished, if he had done any good. It would signal weakness.

Besides, his ego would not allow it.

He pitched his voice high like a stereotypical high school filly and retorted: "Shooting the messenger? That's, like, the lamest comeback ever."

Normal pitch: "This is not about my potential shortcomings, this is about yours. You are the Element of Loyalty and you chose to surrender. Beating me to a bloody pulp will not change that.

"You could have had the most amazing story of being the one Element to withstand Chrysalis, but you did not. If you want to clear your name, then break her control. Prove me wrong. I double-diamond-dog dare you."
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-07-25 at 11:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476

"Yeah. Loyalty. Not something you would understand. Let me break it down for ya. Chrysalis made it clear. Twilight has her magic, Applejack and I are the best fighers, Rarity's dangerous with that rapier and has a silver tongue, and Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie. You notice somepony not on that list? Fluttershy! You know who's not useful to Chrysalis and is perfectly expendable to her? Fluttershy again! And you know what, wouldn't it just be great to kill one of the Elements? That would deprive Equestria of its greatest defense. Guess who's first up for the chopping block. If you guessed Fluttershy, you'd be correct!"

"I'm the Element of Loyalty. If there's anything I can do to save my friends, I'll do it. Including giving up my own mind and free will. I will not. Let. My. Friends. Be. Hurt."

"But enough about me. Let's talk about you. You know, being attached to a hivemind has it's advantages. Creepy and icky, but still, when one member learns something we all do. And Chrysalis had a nice look inside your head the moment you stepped aboard the station. I know all about you, Sniper Scope. I know all the things you never want anypony to know. And I know exactly what you think of me. So come on. Prove you can do better. Pound my face in like you've dreamed about. Prove that I'm weak and that you're strong. Prove that I'm just a fluke of destiny and fate. And prove that you're not a failure."
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-07-26 at 12:50 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

First. She'll mute herself. The comms are no longer secure.

They need a plan. The group cannot take the two toughest elements of harmony on at once. She rubs her chin, thinking and then calls for the group, "Harrier Squad! Group huddle!"

Love checks to make sure the new Royal Guard arrivals are out of earshot, and she'll shoo them away if it seems like they can hear the squad.

"We don't have long. Make sure your comms are off, and let's default them to off." As Love talks she'll put out her Bug Stomper and start walking around waving everypony down.

"We need a plan. What do you think of this:"?

"Scope will draw Rainbow Dash dash into a close quarter fight. We'll plant the last sleep grenade we have around the ruffle zone. Scope. Rose. If dash isn't wearing her magical armor you need to make sure she's not a changeling. Rose you're a medic. We can sideline you without too much suspicion. We need you to keep Scope awake and fighting Rainbow Dash until she eventually passes out."

"Brazen and I will hold up Applejack in our power armor. We'll do what we can to try to knock her power armor out and remove it. We'll buy as much time as we can until Scope and Rose can join our fight."

28. - Top - End - #478

Rose turns her comm off when Love asks her to. She nods along with the plan. "I can get behind that. Just make sure my seal is good this time and I'll ensure Scope never hits the ground. I just hope that element of Loyalty includes not cheating."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    "But enough about me. Let's talk about you. You know, being attached to a hivemind has it's advantages. Creepy and icky, but still, when one member learns something we all do. And Chrysalis had a nice look inside your head the moment you stepped aboard the station. I know all about you, Sniper Scope. I know all the things you never want anypony to know. And I know exactly what you think of me. So come on. Prove you can do better. Pound my face in like you've dreamed about. Prove that I'm weak and that you're strong. Prove that I'm just a fluke of destiny and fate. And prove that you're not a failure."
    The threads holding his world together snapped. The ideals of art, the care for his squad, all these things had been carefully constructed so as to deflect from his true core. Now, all of that had been bypassed. His true self was laid bare for the Elements of Harmony and every other pony linked to Chrysalis.

They knew who he truly was.

There was no point in deflecting or denying. Such would only put him on the defensive and once Rainbow Dash was on the offense, there would be no stopping her. He had only one choice of action. He punctured his protective facade. It hurt, to release such long denied emotions, but it was necessary. The pain lasted but a moment and then hate flooded his being, drowning his sorrow and giving him focus anew.

"Then I guess there's no point wearing a mask, is there?" Sniper Scope's voice was low, even and devoid of his usual Prench accent.

First. She'll mute herself. The comms are no longer secure.

They need a plan. The group cannot take the two toughest elements of harmony on at once. She rubs her chin, thinking and then calls for the group, "Harrier Squad! Group huddle!"
    "I'll be right back, Rainbow Dash, that's a promise. We're making the children nervous." Sniper Scope muted his communication link and disconnected the recorder.

He listened to Love's outline of a plan and then nodded his agreement. It made the most sense given the overall situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Rose turns her comm off when Love asks her to. She nods along with the plan. "I can get behind that. Just make sure my seal is good this time and I'll ensure Scope never hits the ground. I just hope that element of Loyalty includes not cheating."
    "That's the only advantage we can count on." He said.

30. - Top - End - #480

The Royal Guard have all taken a few steps away from the EDF and whisper among themselves. After a moment, the lead mare declares, "It's not our problem or our business! Come on, ponies. Secure the station. That's the mission and that's what we're going to do, not stand around gawking like fillies on a picnic." She hefts her rifle and leads the march out of the room.