Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Sun Always Rises

Love gives a serious nod. She'll try to follow Scope at whatever pace he sets.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

And set the pace Sniper Scope does: one that should be brisk enough to get them to Coffin Nail quickly while still giving Love time to secure her footing. The grease trap express didn't need another passenger.

"Here we come!" He called to CN. "Ten... Nine..."

He measured out his counting so that there would be plenty of time to close the distance and dissipate the Tablet and the Nail. As they drew near, he held out his hoof for the tablet. He was placing a lot of trust in Love that she hadn't been corrupted. A fight here and now would get dirty in more ways than one.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

"The difference between and your research and Princess Twilight's is one comes at the expense of her people and the other don't. That makes all the difference. Sides,
    technology can be stolen and who says whatever comes of that wouldn't to?
    " Brazen's head ***** as he listens in to the conversation. Magical mumbo jumbo tended to go over his head but it sounded like they were onto something for dealing with that pesky nail. "And don't think ah trying to stop this Ink Blot. Ah'll just have Love trigger the trams breaks an ah'm the only one who can even try to stop it once it gets rollin."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ink Blot glowers, but refuses to say another word.

For Love, the trip upwards is difficult to say the least. It feels as if everything inside her is screaming at her to stop and turn around. All her problems would vanish if she had this tablet. She was already intelligent, but she could rival Twilight Sparkle. She could be as beautiful as Cadence, as powerful as Celestia, and popular as Luna. She could be a true goddess, dwarfing them with her majesty and might.

And then she hands it to Sniper Scope and instantly he feels the heat. The tablet burns him, as if it is on fire. It begins to glow like it too. And so does Coffin's Nail. As he draws nearer, he sees four shapes slowly coalesce out of the air. Three dark forms, bound to the nail by their tails, writhe and try to get away. They are wasting shadows, mere images of ponies from long ago, souls bound and condemned for crimes too terrible to comprehend even in modern times. They tug at Coffin Nail, hissing in her ear and spitting in her mane, trying to get her to move. She whimpers, but keeps up the count. The fourth form is glowing white, yes, but not angelic. It is life grown to excess, to sickness. A grotesquely swollen pony, cocooned in its own, hardened flesh, moans and rolls its eyes and terror. But it too is an ancient evil, a noble who sought to transcend and usurp the power of the alicorns back when the world was new. Sniper does not know how he knows these things, but they are clear as words written on a page to him.

He draws close and, on the count of one, touches the two artifacts together. Four screams, terrible and chilling, rend the air not in twain but into a thousand different fragments of fear and agony for all to hear. The world shifts, as if it took a step to the left for a mere moment. And then, the tablet turns to dust and the nail rusts away, leaving only a small scar on Coffin Nail's forehead and a hoof-full of dirt in Sniper's grasp.

"Can I open my eyes?" Coffin Nail asks.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-08-07 at 12:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

With the tablet gone Love curls into a ball on the floor. She mutes all communications. All the running, struggling, and yelling left her tuckered out and panting for air. More than that she's fighting back a low-level sob from bursting into a full-on cry. Her dreams ran through her hooves like ooze. She had the chance to grab a hold of fame and fortune, but instead she squeezed the life-blood out of her realest chance. "It was the right thing to do" she was telling herself. The filly needed the tablet. The right thing felt insignificant to what she just gave up. She traded her heart for a future pat on the back. She didn't have to give up the tablet. She didn't have to help. She could have done nothing and been happier for it. The show lights are pulling back and leaving her to fade into obscurity.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Sniper does not know how he knows these things, but they are clear as words written on a page to him.
    He was death.

This was not new information. It had been known for years. His purpose was to take the lives of others. For two decades he'd run from that knowledge. All he had to show for it was two decades of misery.

But now, Sniper Scope understood that his destiny was not necessarily evil. He was not a broken quirk of fate. He was who this world needed him to be. There were forces which had to be confronted. There were entities that had to be exterminated. He was the instrument of their execution-- not for the sake of taking their life, but for the sake of others. There were ponies who needed someone to stand before the sea of evil and turn back the tide. He could do that. He would do that.

He was not a hero. He was not a savior, nor would he ever be. He was simply a stallion with the tools and talent to do what needed to be done.

He was the avatar of death who held a Tablet of Life. The time had long since passed for these four to leave this world. It was his mistake to correct. He would do so without delay. He was their executioner and the executioner was exempt from his work.

The world shifts, as if it took a step to the left for a mere moment. And then, the tablet turns to dust and the nail rusts away, leaving only a small scar on Coffin Nail's forehead and a hoof-full of dirt in Sniper's grasp.

"Can I open my eyes?" Coffin Nail asks.
    Sniper let the tension fall away along with the dust from his hooves. It was done. Rose's crazy idea had worked and everything was as it should be. A genuine smile came over his muzzle.

Everything he did had a reason and that included instructing Coffin Nail to turn around. Her back was now to him. He was technically hidden. So when Coffin opened her eyes, she'd have to play the game to find him. It wouldn't be hard. All she had to do was turn back around. But it would let her adjust to the realization that she was now free of that wretched Nail. Her life was her own again.

"Go right ahead. Try and find me."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Spamalot in the Playground

Did Rose just hear screaming? Everything got quiet. She almost hesitated. Her heart was beating harder in her chest, wonder and worry if her idea worked or...?

"Somepony talk to me. What happened?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

8. - Top - End - #758

Coffin Nail's head snaps around, eyes wide with worry. It's been a while since she heard a voice so close. She stumbles backwards in panic before realizing that Sniper is not falling to his knees and gasping as his heart seizes up in his chest. She blinks and slowly puts a hoof to her forehead. For a long moment, she doesn't move. Then, she begins to tremble and breathe very heavily and quickly. "It's gone," she says, "It's gone! How's it gone? Where'd it go? What's going to happen to me now? I killed...Oh no...I killed so many. I...I couldn't help it. They made me, but I killed them! Will they kill me? Do they kill ponies who kill ponies?" About to be lost in a storm of emotions, she seizes onto the one thing she can. "You're alive," she says to Sniper.

Common Sense taps Love on the shoulder. "Excuse me. Um, are you alright?"

Question Mark draws out his pistol again, a worried expression on his face. "That better not mean more trouble."
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-08-07 at 01:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen would try craning his head to look at the situation but unfortunately for him the tram is currently in the way. "Well Ink Blot, shall we go find the results of our experiment?" Keeping a tight grip on her the battlesuited stallion hobbles his way around the tram so they can see what's going on. A small sight of relief flowing from Brazen as he gets out from the shadow of a rigged tram.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Yes, I'm alive. You don't have to worry about accidentally killing anyone ever again." Sniper told Coffin. He lowered himself to her eye level. "I want you to listen to me very carefully. No one is going to blame you for any of this. It was not your fault. I saw 'them', too, and I know what 'they' were. Everything that happened is their fault not yours.

"The nightmare is over, Coffin Nail. Your life is yours again."

He extended his hoof to the filly once again.

"Friends?"

Once he knew the filly was alright, he could answer Rose.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Sniper can see Love from this angle. Someone get that gynoid some help!
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-08-07 at 02:42 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761

Ink Blot sourly complies and lets herself be marched toward the front of the tram. Rose and Question Mark finally make it back to where they started and see the Lunar Guard gone and Sniper standing a foot away from Coffin Nail, unharmed and certainly not undead. "Well, this is a turn of events I did not expect," Question Mark says. As for the zombies, they are nowhere to be seen.

Coffin Nail looks lost for a moment, unsure of herself and what to do. But she takes Sniper's hoof. "You're the best," she says, "knights don't always wield swords." In a moment, she wraps her forelegs around him in a tight hug. And it is a good thing she does, for it allows Sniper the opportunity to see the telltale red dot of a laser sight trained on the back of her head.

12. - Top - End - #762

Well, this is a turn of events I did not expect," Question Mark says. As for the zombies, they are nowhere to be seen.
    Rose lets out a sigh of relief, reflexively hugging Question a bit harder than simply holding him on the climb back up. "I'm glad it turned out alright. Though I guess Ink has some... explaining to do? Looks a bit roughed up."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Common Sense taps Love on the shoulder. "Excuse me. Um, are you alright?"
    She sobs out an ok in her suit and gives it a command. The armor excitedly spits out a pre-recorded teamspeak, "Ok!", all chipper-like.

She doesn't really feel like getting up yet.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As Sniper went to return the hug, he stopped cold.

"Enemy sniper!"

The cry bolted from his lips. One foreleg wrapped around Coffin Nail. He twisted hard in the direction of her hug, attempting to pull her out of the line of fire and superimpose himself between gun and target.

That laser pointer better be attached to a ballistics rifle.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

CN is too young to activate any yucky hormones, so there's no hug-induced brain-lock. Sorry.

Well, it was nice knowing you.

Dodge roll:
    (3d6)[1][5][3](9) vs 9

I don't remember the rules for taking a bullet, so here's another roll of you need it.

(3d6)[2][4][5](11)

15. - Top - End - #765

Sniper yanks Coffin Nail out of the way and the bullet goes whizzing by, cutting a stray strand of her tail but doing no actual damage other than scaring her very, very badly. Common Sense lets out a squeak and drops to the ground behind Love and that alone saves her as a second bullet rips through the air where her head was. Ink Blot isn't so lucky. Still in Brazen's grasp, she doesn't have a chance to dodge the one that cleanly punctures her neck, passes through, and pings off the armored earth pony. She chokes for a moment and falls to the ground, dead.

Question Mark grabs ahold of the tram and hauls himself up behind it for cover. He offers Rose a hoof up and peers up at the station, silently studying it for targets.

Chrysalis' cold, mocking laughter echoes down from the station. Three changelings step out of the shadows and bolt. But one has glowing green eyes and a feral grin. He turns his head while running and, in a perfect imitation of the Queen's voice, says, "Test three, behavior modification, is now complete."

16. - Top - End - #766

Rose's training instincts has her jump up for cover right behind Question, without hesitation. Her's gun's drawn and she's watching the changelings flee. "Stars and moon, no...
    she's brainwashed them.
    "
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So now she wasn't even using the intercom system. She was moving directly against them via Changelings. It was another deviation from the established pattern and that worried him.

"It'll be alright. Just don't look up for a moment." Sniper informed CN. There was a difference between death from cardiac failure and seeing someone bleed out from a gunshot wound. Coffin didn't need to see that.

"Is everyone alright?" He rose and began hobbling toward the others. He took a quick inventory of those present. Concern lanced through him.

"Love? Are you alright?"

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Combat. Brazen registers the gunshot, the spray of blood, Ink Blot going limp. Yet he still reacts to protect her not seeing what the wound was as his eyes were already tracking when the changelings popped out of their cover. Pushing the now dead body down and stepping over it as he snap fires a sticky grenade at the trio as they attempt to flee. When the dust settles a quick glance shows what the earth pony fears, his charge is dead. The mare might have been despicable by a long shot but she was still his responsibility to deliver to appropriate authorities and he failed. Brazen punches the decking in a combination of frustration and anger, leaving a dent as he watches the changelings. "Ink Blots gone. Strange Chrysalis is suddenly interested on eliminating ponies when she's done with them, she didn't try that back with Applejack and Rainbow Dash..." He regards the body for a moment. "What sort of locks are there on the maneframe? Ah'm not keen on leaving Chrysalis ah key if they're biometrics."

Spoiler
    Show
    Why not try at least, would be appropriate for him to do even if it auto fails. I would aim for a hex for the bonus but being a snapshot seems like aiming directly for one would be the more logical action.

Grenade launcher (skill 13 + 1 program + 1 laser = eff 15, distance penalty unknown) (3d6)[11]

19. - Top - End - #769

The changelings cackle as they easily evade Brazen's wild shot and slip away. But Chrysalis' voice does not so easily leave. "Oh good job, Sniper Scope. Well done, and I truly mean that. One more second and you'd be covered in pony brains. And wouldn't that be such a crying shame." She cackles. "I'm curious, however. Perhaps you can clear something up for me. How many times do you think you can pull that off? You have two options before you. Either you must find someplace safe to stow the filly, and what a laughable concept 'safe' is right now. You shouldn't have left those prisoners behind all tied up like a Hearthswarming gift. Rest assured, they are received a taste of their own medicine right now. Except, do you have any idea how much harder it is to cauterize a leg than a horn or a wing? I'm afraid we can't be bothered. Too much to do. Oh, they'll bleed out of course, but that is not our problem. But that's beside the point. So, find a not-very-safe place to stow Coffin Nail or take her with you. If you choose the latter, then every corner is threat. Who knows where my changelings are lurking? And it won't be your head they're aiming for. No, it'll be her's. You saved her from herself, now can you protect her from me?"

"I'm just dying to see what you'll decide." Chrysalis' cruel laughter echoed down the passageway before Question Mark shot the speaker.

"Damn bug," he said, "Somepony hand me a can of Raid."

Coffin Nail buries her head in Sniper's shoulder and whimpers.

But like a ray of sunlight, a groggy voice cuts into the team's comm. "H-Hey everypony," Star Chaser says, "Guess who's awake again? I'm taking over the comms from now on. Pinkie...well, she's a great mare, but her definition of partying and the computer's are very different. First things first, re-establishing our link with Central Command and the Princesses."

"-quad, do you copy? Anypony? Somepony, answer me!" Central's voice is bordering on panic, overcoming his normal, military professionalism, "Captain Earth Shaker? Lt. Sniper Scope? Somepony answer me, dammit!"

"Howdy, Central. This is Applejack. Right as rain again and pleased t' hear ya'll again. One sec'." She clears her throat. "Harr'er Squad, little update on our position. We made it to the escape pods, but they're all offline and sealed up tighter than a squirrel's stash of nuts during October. If ya'll could get to that Maneframe real quick and open 'er up, we'd be right grateful."

20. - Top - End - #770

"Oh thank Celestia," Rose mutters before picking up the comm.

"Central, this is Rose Croix reporting in. Harrier Squad is at... uh, tram platform nine and three-quarters roughly. We're gonna dump our tram and hoof it to the maneframe to unlock some escape pods for Applejack and see about wrestling some of the station's control away from Chrysalis. We've got three friendlies in tow; Question Mark, Common Sense, and the filly formerly known as Coffin Nail. Long story, short of it, her aura's nullified. We'll report in once we hit our target."

Then she switches channel over specifically to Star Chaser. "Star, we left some prisoners boxed up behind us at platform nine, but there's a bit of a zombie problem that way. Love's gonna drop a tram on the lot to slow 'em down, but I fear Chrysalis might have got to them. Let the guard know, I rather the prisoners not be chow. ...also, it's damn good to hear your voice again."

She motions to Question to step away from the tram with her, as Love probably has it rigged to drop by now... speaking of...

Rose kneels down by Love and checks on her. "Hey, Love? You alright? Talk to me."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Loves training kicks in when gunshots start popping off. She jerks upright. Her head might be groggy, but her body is operating on reflex. She brings her heavy laser up without firing it on the quickly escaping changelings.

She starts nodding she's alright directly to those that are asking about her.

Her voice isn't normal she figures so she sends a text to Brazen, "Please exit the tram to your left. I need to drop it on the zombies before they spread through the station."

It's good to hear Star Chasers voice again. Now's not the time to be celebrating though. She'll check on the homing beacon she passed off to Rip.

She texts Rose, "I'm fine."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-08-08 at 05:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    She texts Rose, "I'm fine."
    Rose stares at the text for a bit. She's no doctor, except wait, she totally is, and this is not the kind of thing a patent says and means it. Perhaps Rose wasn't a psychologist, but she was a smart little mare with a decent amount of empathy. Something was wrong, and she really wanted to try and help if anything could be done. Step one isn't to push your patent to open up. It's to support them and make them feel comfortable first.

She texts Love back. "I'm sorry about Rip. If there's anything I can do for you, I'm right here. Just name it."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

The changlings escaped. Love rests her gun's position more toward the ground. It felt like her mind was drowning in an ocean. Everything was fuzzy and desensitized. She isn't even over grieving for her lost fame and now Chrysalis says she's killed Rip. What the bug said can't be true. It's just another one of her bluffs to throw the team off their game. If only she could convince herself that her words were just a bluff. She slumps down in defeat. A small rage starts to burn, but gets snuffed out by her sour mood.

Sitting down, looking at the ground, she messages Rose again, "I could really use a hug right now."

24. - Top - End - #774

Rose quietly walks over and gives Love a hug, letting her know with body language that Love has lots of support right here. In a way it helps Rose too. In the military, they train you to distance yourself from thinking of combatants as ponies with real thoughts and emotions. But that goes against nature. Ponies like Sniper Scope are probably rare in that they can 'turn off' that empathetic side of themselves when needed to fight.

Even then, Sniper just risked his life for a filly he barely knows. War is hell.

Another thing Rose remembered in training, is that when your emotions spring up like this, you gotta light the flame of determination to turn it around. 'Don't cry. You can cry when you're dead.' Get mad, get determined. Get a plan of attack, coauthor it with your squaddies, and make it happen. Make every sacrifice mean something.

"We got this, Love," Rose whispers to her. "We're gonna take the maneframe, shut out that bug witch from the system, and then we're gonna make her pay for every soul lost today."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I'm curious, however. Perhaps you can clear something up for me. How many times do you think you can pull that off?"
    "As many times as it takes." Sniper whispered. The answer wasn't for Chrysalis' sake, but Coffin's.

The bug witch had probably held the Changeling's fire just long enough to give him a chance at rescuing the filly in the hope that he would fail. Why? The queen seemed obsessed with driving hope and optimism from her opponents. For what purpose? The Changelings could have shot the EDF, or at least Love, while their guard was down. But they didn't. They targeted the vulnerable ones to drive despair into the EDF's heart.

The image of Chrysalis tormenting Twilight Sparkle came to mind. What was it that Chrysalis was trying to prove-- to do? He didn't have an answer for that and it bothered him.

But there were two other, much more immediate, problems that demanded his focus. The first was the filly. He rose to his two back legs so that he had a free hoof. He undid his helmet, removed the comm and HUD, and placed it over Coffin's head. It was almost comically oversized for her, but with a bit of finangling it might stay put. The comm and HUD were replaced on his head.

"I didn't come all this way to lose you." Sniper informed her. "The situation's bad, but we'll get you through it. It's what friends do."

That taken care of, Sniper turned his attention to the not-quite-catatonic Love. She still hadn't said anything or answered anyone's questions. That was worrying. He shot Rose a look and a raised eyebrow of concern. Then he toggled the comm.

"Star, this is Sniper. As a addendum to Rose's last report: we're a little beaten up but physically unharmed. A mareltenean artifact was just destroyed and Love might have taken some magical backlash. Please advise."

He looked at Brazen and gave a helpless shrug. What were they supposed to do now?

26. - Top - End - #776

"Lt. Rose, good to hear from you!" Central says, "And now I'm picking up signals from across the station. We'd feared that the whole thing had gone dark. Copy that report. Will stand by and wait for your update once you hit the Maneframe."

"I just saluted," Star Chaser says, "Then I remembered that's stupid because you can't see me. Oh well. I'll let any guards in the area know. Still trying to reestablish contact with everypony. Also, I'm going to be relocating the ship. With the main hangar open thanks to the Lunar Guard, that seems a mite safer than here. And we won't have changelings banging on the airlock. Swing by if you need a resupply."

The homing beacon on Rip tells a very different story than the one Chrysalis fed them. True, she is no longer in her box, but she is now located in the medical center of the station, an area that, by all reports, had become the center of the changeling hive and was where they were dragging all the ponies they captured in order to cocoon them and use them as a food source. Still a horrible fate, but not death by having limbs chopped off.

Applejack's voice comes over the comms again. "Ya'll keep your heads up now," she says, "Ya'll are facing a lotta darkness and evil today. Good reminder that, while th' Elements embody all that is good about Equestria, there are a lotta powers out there that're bigger an' stronger than even me. Chrysalis is one of 'em. Ya could say she's my opposite. Ah'm Honesty, she's Deceit. Don't trust a word that comes out of her mouth, but don't disregard it either. The biggest lies have a grain o' truth in 'em, an' that makes 'em deadly."

Star Chaser whistles at Sniper's pronouncement. "You crazy ponies you. I knew you had it in you."

Coffin Nail looks even more ridiculous wearing the over-sized helmet, but she seems a mite more confident now and less frightened that at any moment her life could end. "Mr. Sniper?" she says, "I don't want to die."
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-08-08 at 10:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "We got this, Love," Rose whispers to her. "We're gonna take the maneframe, shut out that bug witch from the system, and then we're gonna make her pay for every soul lost today."
    Love drinks Rose's words like a cough syrup for a cold. She returns the hug with a squeezing hug of her own. The suit makes quick work of the internal water works. It's pretty handy to have a built-in waste system she thinks to herself. She shows she's unmuted herself with a somewhat tender voiced reply, "We'll make her pay alright."

The homing beacon on Rip tells a very different story than the one Chrysalis fed them. True, she is no longer in her box, but she is now located in the medical center of the station, an area that, by all reports, had become the center of the changeling hive and was where they were dragging all the ponies they captured in order to cocoon them and use them as a food source. Still a horrible fate, but not death by having limbs chopped off.
    Her view drifts to the beeping homing beacon location. It looks like Rip managed to get it activated. She's in the medical center. "Hey!", Love shouts her voice cracking. "You no good, lying flank sniffer." She pulls away from Rose and gets to all fours a foot or two away. "Rip and friends are in the medical center!" She puts her hoof in the air like she's pointing to a disembodied Bug Queen. "You think you can attack us through our friends? You wouldn't know since you've never had a friend in your whole darn life, but our friends make us stronger. They encourage and empower us to act bravely and with passion. We'll do whatever we can to save them, and we'll make you sorry your painful existence never knew the tender warmth of friendship."

28. - Top - End - #778

After Love's hug, Rose listens to her rant at the bug queen. She sends a quick text to Star Chaser, "Main hangar, gotcha. Will call later when we visit."

Rose addresses the squad without her comm. "I don't know about you all, but I'm getting awfully tired of hearing that bug witch's lies all over the station speakers. What say we pick ourselves up and take over a maneframe to shut her up? After that, I think we should visit the medical center for a little 'operation' if you know what I'm saying?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Star Chaser whistles at Sniper's pronouncement. "You crazy ponies you. I knew you had it in you."

Coffin Nail looks even more ridiculous wearing the over-sized helmet, but she seems a mite more confident now and less frightened that at any moment her life could end. "Mr. Sniper?" she says, "I don't want to die."
    To Star, Sniper replies: "Thanks, but you can strike the last two sentences of my report. It looks like Love is back on her hooves."

With that communication complete, he looks at CN.

"I know. Just stick close, keep your head down and we'll get you out of this alive. I promise."

That was the thing about promises. You could make them with all sincerity and do everything to keep them and still utterly fail. He didn't know how they'd manage this. But they would. They had to.

Now if only Ink Blot's body would stop taunting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "You think you can attack us through our friends? You wouldn't know since you've never had a friend in your whole darn life, but our friends make us stronger. They encourage and empower us to act bravely and with passion. We'll do whatever we can to save them, and we'll make you sorry your painful existence never knew the tender warmth of friendship."
    Love's verbal rampage stirred a cord in Sniper's mind. It was the same resonance that he had back at Crow Lock's chamber. There was something that he needed to understand-- to do. But it still eluded him. He was closer to it, but not close enough to recognize it. It was maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Rose addresses the squad without her comm. "I don't know about you all, but I'm getting awfully tired of hearing that bug witch's lies all over the station speakers. What say we pick ourselves up and take over a maneframe to shut her up? After that, I think we should visit the medical center for a little 'operation' if you know what I'm saying?"
    He had his concerns about raiding the medical center. The sheer number of potential hostages, inability to launch a surprise assault, the lack of any means to restrain large numbers of Changelings in a non-lethal fashion were all factors that argued against such an undertaking. Hitting the medical center would be a lengthy detour that they couldn't afford. Not when they were running on borrowed time.

There was no point to raising these objections at this point in time. Not when they needed to be moving.

"We can't do anything without the maneframe." Sniper Scope replied-- also off the communications grid. "So, Common Sense, Question Mark, stick close and keep your eyes open. It's going to get ugly."

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show

(3d6)[6][6][3](15) vs 12

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

"I just saluted," Star Chaser says, "Then I remembered that's stupid because you can't see me. Oh well. I'll let any guards in the area know. Still trying to reestablish contact with everypony. Also, I'm going to be relocating the ship. With the main hangar open thanks to the Lunar Guard, that seems a mite safer than here. And we won't have changelings banging on the airlock. Swing by if you need a resupply."
    "Oh, my sun and moon. It's so good to hear from you again. I really missed you. You feeling ok? You have a lot of catching up to do." She'll send her a raw unedited data pack of what the group has been doing. "Rose wants some guards to pick up IED's near the trams here." Love puts a marker on the map. "We definitely need a resupply. I'm running out of non-lethals." Speaking of which. Loves sets her heavy to stun again. She hopes no one caught her illegal mod.

Love puts a hoof on Rose's shoulder. "Thank you Rose. It means a lot."

"And, you", she says turning to CN like she's mad. And, then switches to her 'sweet' voice, "We've been worried sick about you ever since we read your file." She tries to give Coffin Nail a big, over the top hug. "And, I just love your fashion. Did you make that yourself? Oh! You can call me Love. That's what most of my friends do."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-08-08 at 12:28 PM.