New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Sun Always Rises

Rose grabs a little more food and sits by Question Mark, offering him some. "Sounds alright to me. If you two agreed to it, I'm alright with that." She then gets a cup of coffee and sips it slowly, using her ponykenisis to levitate it. "Feels weird... sitting down to relax while the world around us falls apart. Ponies getting arrested willingly. Sorta.." *sips*

She curls up her legs together in her seat, leaning to one side. Her cheek feels the cold metal of her forleg. Rose closes her eyes, remembering when it once felt warm and soft. "Crazy world. Or maybe we're crazy. Trying to save a dying station..." *sips*

"Meh... I could use a power nap. Let 'em say we're crazy, what do they know," she mutters, or maybe, she's quietly singing? The coffee cup wobbles and floats down to a table. Rose yawns. "Put your arms around me baby don't ever let go... Let the world around us just fall apart... Baby we can make it if we're heart to heaaa..."

[Rose naps with Recover Energy to regain 1 FP per 5 minutes sleeping]
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-08-09 at 01:50 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Star Chaser grins sheepishly. "Well, there's a lot less to run into when you're in space. I'd say we're travelling much faster than 400 mph right now, just staying in orbit." She returns her attention to the food. As army rations go, it's not bad. A few spices thrown in the liven it up, nothing fancy, but it's the quality of the plants that really make it. They're the real kind, packed with nutrients and hunger-fighting power, not the chemically-treated and overgrown stuff they sell at the market nowadays. While they eat, Coffin Nail and Pinkie Pie compete to see who can talk the slowest. Currently, they're up to half a minute per word and both giggling like lunatics.
    Love shouts back, "Alright! Do what you thinks best."

"Well, yeah." Oh, great. Star thinks Love is stupid. A bit sheepish herself she says, "I meant in atmosphere! You know with the air..." She presses the issue with Star Chaser more. "It really wasn't that bad! I'm not lying. I got super heavy into VR. I started messing around with brain hacking. The doctors said I was the best patient they've ever had. My recover went as smooth as possible. I wasn't half as strong as most of the ponies in the recovery-ward. I merely checked out. I edited away all the bad stuff and put my body on auto-pilot for the tough stuff. I had my drones." She points to the lovedrone next to her. "I wasn't even isolated. Oh." She puts her hoof behind her mane and starts rubbing. "Did I overshare?"

3. - Top - End - #813
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rose drifts off to sleep and dreams of happier times.

"Oh, you're fine," Star Chaser assures Love, "I suppose I can share too." She holds out a foreleg. "I'm, well, for a military pony, I'm not the strongest around. Kind of weak, actually. But it's hard to keep up muscle when you're in space. Plus, first pony born in space!" She pumps a fist in the air. "So yeah, staying planet-side is kind of hard. I grew up before gravity generators were reliable enough to use on ships. So I feel more home in zero-g than I do in gravity. So much more graceful, flexible, and stronger. Walking around on hooves makes me feel awkward and clumsy."

She shrugs. "But what can I do? There's not really a need for me to stay up here all the time, and when I do, the other ponies prefer gravity. So I do my best, but every time I trip over my own hooves, it feels like i don't belong. So yeah, that's my life."

4. - Top - End - #814

Rose drifts off to sleep and dreams of happier times.
    Spoiler: Happier Times.
    Show
    Rain. Dark clouds rolled lazily over the porch of this unknown, yet too familiar house. Rose rested on a soft mattress, where small colored lights blinked just beyond her peripheral vision. Computers? Robot fireflies? Rose couldn't tell, the lights winked out of existence when she tried to look directly at them. Thunder softly rumbled in the distance. It smelled of wet grass. The rain was coming and Rose felt scared. She loved the rain, but the rain was lethal to her cybernetics. She would short out if the rain touched her.

Sniper sat beneath a tree. Beside him, Coffin Nail sat with a large tome. She was reading to him, but the language made no sense to Rose. As the filly read, Sniper reached down and pulled out a small, rusty nail from her fore head and tossed it aside. The filly stopped, smiled at sniper, and continued reading.

Love and Love stepped out from inside the house. The two Loves looked identical, save that one had a broken horn, while the other looked... pale. They busied themselves tying Rose to the mattress. Wheels were now underneath her. "The rain is almost here. You won't need this anymore." One Love held Rose down while the other grabbed her left foreleg and yanked her cybernetic arm off.

There was a grating tear, like hoof-nails on chalkboard. Rose flinched. Wires tore, and pistons twisted themselves out of her shoulder. Love tugged hard on the wires, pulling out screws and metal bits that were twisted beyond recognition. Rose tried to open her mouth, but she gagged on her voice. It hurt, it burned. And then Love was done. The other Love pulled out a new leg from somewhere unseen below Rose. It was a cybernetic leg, but it was also flesh. Rose could see veins and fur. Love connected several wires into Rose's shoulder. The wires tickled and pinched. With a hard shove the leg snapped into Rose's shoulder and a jolt of pain surged down her leg. Her new leg.

It began to rain. Sniper and Coffin were gone, leaving the book behind to slowly sprout roots and leaves. Love loosened the new leg and then moved Rose's bed toward the edge of the porch. The rain came down hard, pounding on the roof of the porch and house.

"Go on," Love whispered. "Touch the rain."

Rose raised her new hoof and slowly extended it. Hear heart raced in her chest. She felt her other legs spark from the moisture. Rose shook with fear as she reached out and touched the rain. It felt... wet.
    Rose pulled her leg back. Her leg fur was wet and felt cold. She touched the hood to her cheek, and she felt a real hoof against her. Rose began to cry. The two loves dances with each other as Rose reached out and touched the rain again. It was cold and soothing. She brought her leg back in and held it against her cheek. It felt so real.

So very real.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, you're fine," Star Chaser assures Love, "I suppose I can share too." She holds out a foreleg. "I'm, well, for a military pony, I'm not the strongest around. Kind of weak, actually. But it's hard to keep up muscle when you're in space. Plus, first pony born in space!" She pumps a fist in the air. "So yeah, staying planet-side is kind of hard. I grew up before gravity generators were reliable enough to use on ships. So I feel more home in zero-g than I do in gravity. So much more graceful, flexible, and stronger. Walking around on hooves makes me feel awkward and clumsy."

She shrugs. "But what can I do? There's not really a need for me to stay up here all the time, and when I do, the other ponies prefer gravity. So I do my best, but every time I trip over my own hooves, it feels like i don't belong. So yeah, that's my life."
    "Tripping is the worse. I don't have enough power in my stride without thinking about it. I have to put effort into it you know? If I don't I trip over everything. My poor rugs get all the blame when they've done nothing wrong. It's so frustrating."

"Being born up here has to be worth something though! That's so cool. And, being the first is even more impressive. You must have interesting folk to have that claim to fame. So, Lucky." Her eyes light up. "I've always fantasized about being a space businessmare. The future is so cool! I guess that'd be called normal life after a while, but here is where everything starts. And, here you are, at the forefront."

She hesitates to even bring it up, "It's expensive, but have you ever thought about putting a gravity generator down there and mimicking up here? It'd cost a pretty bit, but it might be worth it? It'd make your place feel a bit more like home. That really helped me out. I use to be afraid of falling in the bath so I put down some wonderful friction pads and plenty of handles. The rugs are super thin to minimizing any raising. I'm use to a dry environment. My place originally had a lot, erm, slum vapors pouring in so I sealed things up and reduced the humidity to zero. It's not much, but the little things have made a huge difference in making things feel like home. Inviting even."

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I think you've done more than your share, already." Sniper replied. He was quiet. Penitent.

"I know you need rest, and I'll be honest: we can't afford to hold things up too long. I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're alive. And I need to apologize that this happened.

"Back when we were getting underway, I had a bad feeling about the warbot. It seemed too outlandish that they'd assemble it in a room it couldn't get it out. But I didn't follow up on my instinct and you paid the price. I'm sorry."

The two lives he had saved this mission didn't make up for the others he'd failed. It was his job to be perfect enough that no one died. He was never perfect enough. Those failures were his responsibility. He wouldn't shirk it.

7. - Top - End - #817

"Very expensive," Star Chaser says softly. She smirks. "Did you know I can dance? Well, not down on the surface, but up here I can dance. What else is a filly to do growing up on a research station, right? My parents were both scientists studying the long-term effects of space life on the pony body. When they found ways to minimize the negative effects, they had me. It was fun, though there was only one other foal my age. Lantern Light, a colt. Unicorn. My wings always gave me an advantage when it came to tag." She giggles. "And I guess you could say that, when we got into trouble and didn't have an escape plan, I could always wing it."

"Yeah, I'm the first, but if you haven't noticed, there haven't been any others born in zero-g. My bones took longer to develop, especially in my wings. Had to learn to fly as a teenager, which was embarrassing. So it's kind of a failed experiment there. Now they have gravity generators everywhere to prevent that sort of thing."

-------------------------

Akilah nods, though the painkillers Rose gave him seem to be kicking in and his eyes are a little glazed. "It is not wholly your fault. Do not rub your wounds with salt. Careful watch I should have kept, so enemies could not have on me crept." He sighs and lays back. "Wounded I am and useless I've become. I only hope this mistake doesn't mean my career is done."

-------------------------

Rose's dream continues happily and, as the rest finish their meal and continue their conversation, she sees the moon shining bright down upon her. A feeling not unlike having her mother smile down at her washes over her mind as she stares at it and she awakes feeling a deep sense of peace, more rested than the short time would normally allow.

8. - Top - End - #818

Rose's dream continues happily and, as the rest finish their meal and continue their conversation, she sees the moon shining bright down upon her. A feeling not unlike having her mother smile down at her washes over her mind as she stares at it and she awakes feeling a deep sense of peace, more rested than the short time would normally allow.
    Rose whispers, "Mom..." and slowly wakes up. The warm, but hard feel of her legs makes her sigh with a longing. Rose sits up and straights her hair (yeah right).

"Did I miss anything?" she asks with a yawn.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen pauses his chewing as Question Mark makes his announcement. "Well, can't say it ain't unexpected. Being under duress only gets ya so far unfortunately an special circumstances don't amount to much. If nothin else be a good way to protect yaself from further outside influence." The conversation in regards to space born foals is mildly interesting for Brazen. On one hand it nearly smacks of technological interference yet it was a very real problem that needed to be faced if ponies were to inhabit outer space. "Ah have to admit ah wonder how it would be for an earth pony to be born in space... So many of us don't feel right without solid ground beneath our hooves. So how is an earth pony supposed to act when they don't got that to start?"

10. - Top - End - #820

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Did I miss anything?" she asks with a yawn.
    "Only my life story," Star Chaser quips, "The part with the two-legged space pirates was a real thriller. Best part, hooves down. Everything else is just kinda 'meh' in comparison."

"Good question," she says to Brazen, "And I'm not a scientist or an earth pony, so I have no idea." The comms system dings. "Ooh! One sec." She checks it. "That was Princess Celestia. She's awake again and sends her sincerest apologies. She's been caught up to the current situation and forwarded to us the initial orders she gave Warden High Tower. For reference purposes. Come look."

Spoiler: High Tower's royal orders
    Show
    To: Warden High Tower
    Sender: Celestia

Good morning, High Tower. I trust my message finds you well?

By now, I am sure you have familiarized yourself with the procedures and precautions necessary in order to care for your charges on Tartarus Station. I would like to lodge one last complaint about the name, but I know it will be ignored.

But regardless, consider this a royal decree. You are to do everything in your power to help those in your care. Yes, Chrysalis included. Do not let them escape, of course, they are in your care for a reason, but I urge you, no, command you to use your position to draw the ponies and other creatures soon to be in your command closer to each other and to Harmony. If I could command the minds and hearts of creatures, I would have each criminal reformed and brought back to friendship and happiness. But since I cannot be like Discord and snap all my problems away, I must take the high road, the longer road. And that is a road you will travel with me, High Tower.

Do not despair. Though the task seems daunting, I am only a letter away.

Signed

Princess Celestia

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"If there's one thing I've learned, Akilah, it's that no one mistake should should ruin a career."

Flash's face danced before his mind's eye. He pursued the thought aside. No point in dwelling on that now.

"Get some rest and recover. I'll see you later."

Sniper left the zebra to his pending slumber. He needed to get some rations down his throat and coffee in his veins.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    it's not Shakespeare, but it's something. Been a long night tonight.

12. - Top - End - #822

Rose gets up and shuffles over to the console so she could read over the message. She levitates her cold cup of coffee to herself, sipping it despite the heat no longer within it. "Seems like orders Celestia would give. Except, you know, they being ignored for the experiments we've been hearing about."

She puts the mostly empty mug down and reaches for her bag. "Heard you got bit with some changeling venom, Star? Mind if I take a look?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

"Only my life story," Star Chaser quips, "The part with the two-legged space pirates was a real thriller. Best part, hooves down. Everything else is just kinda 'meh' in comparison."
    Love chuckles. The group is getting a bit antsy; it seems. She better hurry up with this relay. "Dancing? Sounds fun. You should invite me sometime." She stuffs the last of her food in her mouth. The drone is already finished since it wasn't droning on. She'll plug her computer into the relay and go about switching to a private frequency.

A smile and a nod up greet Rose to the comms' station. It's getting a little crowded here.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper Scope reappeared among the others, glad that the task was done. This was no time to try and broach a similar conversation with Star Chaser what with everyone else present. He'd have to try again at a later point time time. Or maybe he'd shoot her a text message later.

Coffee might not have been the fountain of youth, but it was pretty close. He procured a cup of the stuff and let it burn down his throat. Caffeine was a wonderful thing and everypony's chief drug of choice although not without drawbacks. Fortunately, those drawbacks, jitters, could be handled with other pills.

Pills upon pills to solve ailments caused by solving ailments. Modern society was a wreck and a far cry from the world of sunshine and rainbows it once was. But it was what they had. If sunshine and rainbows solved everything then the world wouldn't need the EDF.

Huh. That wasn't bad. Maybe they should make that the squad slogan or something. Now if he could just remember if he'd heard it used previously or not.

"What's everypony looking at?" He called up to the comm. station. He grabbed a hoof-full of rations and checked up on his charge and her hyper-active playmate.

15. - Top - End - #825

Star Chaser pulls back from the comm station and sits in a spot that gives Rose easier access to her. Changeling venom is a unique combination of sedative and mind-altering drug. At the very least, it produces a euphoric high that leaves the victims feeling drained and weak afterwards. At its most intense, it is the world's best love potion, leaving its victims giggling and ready to leap upon the nearest thing with four legs and a mane. This helps with the extraction of love, since the victims are in a very loving state. Star Chaser doesn't seem that far gone (otherwise, poor Brazen and Sniper Scope might be buried under cuddles and nuzzles), but it does interfere with a pony's thinking. Slows down their reaction time. And they need Star Chaser at her best right now.

Meanwhile, it's foals-play for Love to set up this alternate frequency. The sort of thing she's done many times before, really. But Sniper discovers that Coffin Nail and Pinkie are eating cupcakes. There weren't any cupcakes aboard either. Pinkie waves, shoves the rest in her mouth, and bounces over. "Silly me! I almost forgot. I have something for you all." She pulls out a box of muffins from her mane. The box is too big to fit inside there, poofy as it is. "Ta-da! Now don't eat them now. You'll know when you need them."

16. - Top - End - #826

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "What's everypony looking at?" He called up to the comm. station.
    "Star chasing," Rose said as an attempt at humor.

Star Chaser pulls back from the comm station and sits in a spot that gives Rose easier access to her. Changeling venom is a unique combination of sedative and mind-altering drug. At the very least, it produces a euphoric high that leaves the victims feeling drained and weak afterwards. At its most intense, it is the world's best love potion, leaving its victims giggling and ready to leap upon the nearest thing with four legs and a mane. This helps with the extraction of love, since the victims are in a very loving state. Star Chaser doesn't seem that far gone (otherwise, poor Brazen and Sniper Scope might be buried under cuddles and nuzzles), but it does interfere with a pony's thinking. Slows down their reaction time. And they need Star Chaser at her best right now.
    Yeah, last thing we need is poor Sniper brain-locked because he's got a mare all over him. 'Why is that?' Rose wondered. After all, Star wasn't that bad a looker. Pretty face, dependable, terrible puns. What's not to like? Brazen though, yeah probably the opposite issue. Rose thought about researching changeling poison later. Surely tests were done to see about the medical validity as a pain reliever, and Rose didn't read much on such experiments. After today though... hmm!

"Life stories. Hmm, well 'fraid mine isn't much of an entertaining one," Rose says as she does some exams on Star Chaser. "At least not until the drop and sudden stop of the airship I served on. I got chided a lot for my decision of serving the air force. 'Join the navy instead' my mum would tell me. Of course detractors would. Flying and sailing are much alike, except when something goes wrong. Flying is a lot less forgiving."

First Aid (3d6)[6] vs. 18
    Physician (3d6)[9] vs. 14
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-08-10 at 10:41 AM. Reason: How I type fish?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Silly me! I almost forgot. I have something for you all." She pulls out a box of muffins from her mane. The box is too big to fit inside there, poofy as it is. "Ta-da! Now don't eat them now. You'll know when you need them."
    Uh, right. Now he remembered why this pony freaked him out so much. The normal rules of reality didn't seem to apply to this mare. Or maybe a explanation was that she was a walking Loony Loon cartoon made flesh via some horrific scientific experiment.

"... Thanks? We'll put them to good, uh, use?" Sniper said as he accepted the package. Hadn't Pinkie Pie said something about knock-out somethings once or twice? Were these related? He'd better treat them as grenades or something for moment. One round of knock-out gas was enough for a few weeks.

He stowed the box with the rest of his gear and then turned to Coffin Nail. Stars above only knew what her diet had been like the past several years. Still, some caution should be advised.

"Are they any good?" He asked Coffin. They really needed a nickname for the filly: 'Coffin' was so morbid after everything that had happened. "Just be careful how many you eat. You don't want to get sick up here."

Uh, right. Was Brazen fraternizing again? It was probably better not to ask.

"It's never the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end." Sniper muttered. Seems like everyone in the military had mother troubles. Causation or correlation? Louder, he said: "At least you survived. We're all glad you did."
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-08-10 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Editing fail.

18. - Top - End - #828

Star Chaser gets a silly grin on her face. "Star chasing? Heh. Wouldn't mind that." She angles her body slightly. "What do you all thi..." Rose jabs her with a needle. "Ow! Sheesh, little warning next time?" That should counteract the effects of the venom short-term. It'll take some actual antivenom (which is not included in your average first-aid kit) to fully remove them, though. Star Chaser's eyes begin to clear a little. She gulps."Eh-heh. Never mind." She jumps back in her seat and faces the controls, cheeks burning.

Coffin smiles. "Yes! They are delicious! Best thing I ever tasted." Pinkie grins.

Somepony's phone begins to ring. Pinkie Pie pulls it out from behind her. She isn't wearing saddlebags. "Huh. Fluttershy's calling me." She shrugs and goes to answer it.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-08-10 at 11:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

Love gives a totally subtle, not noticeable wink to Star Chaser. She'll give Rose some room and move more into a triangle formation.

"It's never the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end." Sniper muttered. Seems like everyone in the military had mother troubles. Causation or correlation? Louder, he said: "At least you survived. We're all glad you did."
    "Yeah. The squad just wouldn't be the same without any of you. We're glad that you're with us."

Oo. Muffins. "Thanks, Pinkie Pie. We'll put them to good use. A little snack on the go goes a long way."

20. - Top - End - #830

Eh-heh. Never mind." She jumps back in her seat and faces the controls, cheeks burning.
    Rose says nothing, knowing how it goes when you suddenly sober up before saying something personal.

Louder, he said: "At least you survived. We're all glad you did."
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "Yeah. The squad just wouldn't be the same without any of you. We're glad that you're with us."
    "Hmm, yeah, most of me did. Survive I mean," Rose says in broken statements due to putting more attention to her work. "I'm glad I survived too, though I don't know if that was more painful than the years of surgeries and physical therapy it took afterwards to master these hooves. I guess I can think of it as the entry fee to work alongside a master tactician, a great negotiator, a crafty tech, and an ace pilot." Rose smirks at Sniper with that statement.

She should of said 'master my hooves'. Ugh, needs to keep that in mind.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-08-10 at 11:35 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

For the record, he had no idea about whom or what Rose was talking.

There wasn't time to pursue the matter. Sniper shot upright when Pinkie Pie announced her phone call. This had to be it. Escalation. It was what he'd been afraid of for a while now. He'd wondered why Chrysalis hadn't rolled out her trump card before now. The recovery of the Elements of Harmony were their top priority. She could shut down their entire mission just by holding one of the Elements hostage. Rainbow Dash had explained as much.

There was only a brief moment to decide what to do. Ignoring the call wasn't an option. They had to take a chance on the conversation.

"Everyone, quiet. Pinkie put that on speaker and crank the volume. Star, someone, record this for data mining." He would do it himself, but his recorder was busy lying in a thousand little pieces. He should probably be more respectful toward Pinkie, but that would happen when she started obeying the laws of physics.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-08-10 at 11:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

Love will turn her outgoing comms back on. (Love is always recording in-going comms.) She stands up from the relay. It looks like things are really rolling now. She'll move over to her bags and start making sure she's ready to go. This conversation isn't going to be a pleasant one she feels.

23. - Top - End - #833

"Right! Ooh, it's a video call." She hits the answer button. "Helloooo Flutt...er...shy?" She tilts her head to the side. "Fluttershy? What the hay happened to you?"

"Mmm. Hello, Pinkie Pie~"

Spoiler
    Show

The mare on the screen is Fluttershy, but not the soft, shy mare that everyone knows her as. Her mane is a mess, her eyes sharp, and a saucy smile on her face. She licks her lips and runs her tongue over two, very sharp, canine teeth. "Do you like my new look? I worked so hard on it."

"Uuuuuum," Pinkie smiles awkwardly, "It's...different."

With a drunken giggle, Fluttershy tosses her mane, messing it up even more. She looks directly in the camera and her eyes seem to catch fire. "Why did you leave, Pinkie?" she asks, "There's so much fun to be had here. And so. Many. Apples." Her tongue lolls out of her mouth and she shudders. "Apples...Oh, I could eat them all day long."

24. - Top - End - #834

Rose packs her bags and grabs a few extra bullets for her pistol (regular, as there's no extra SJA). Before she gets dressed, she sends a team text, "Stalling tactic to locate us?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

"[COLOR="#800080"]"Life stories. Hmm, well 'fraid mine isn't much of an entertaining one," Rose says as she does some exams on Star Chaser. "At least not until the drop and sudden stop of the airship I served on. I got chided a lot for my decision of serving the air force. 'Join the navy instead' my mum would tell me. Of course detractors would. Flying and sailing are much alike, except when something goes wrong. Flying is a lot less forgiving."
    "You can say that again." Brazen rubs a hoof over his side as if remembering something. "Just remember to not play chicken with the ground, it cheats."

The announcement about a call from Fluttershy whips Brazen's head around. The one Element that they had a clue on and they get a call out of nowhere? "Ah get the feelin we're gonna have to move sooner rather than later..." The earth pony gets up and begins restocking his ammunition. Pity there wasn't more experimental rounds but at least he could get more memory batons and grenades.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It was escalation, but not of the expected sort. Instead of a hostage situation, they were facing-- what, exactly? Taunts? Further attempts at demoralization? Maybe the recording would give them a clue once it was run through the computers.

Memory modification. Behavior modification. Appearance modification? Stimuli modification? Whatever Chryssi was testing now, it was chilling. Testing. Of course. They were lab rats to Chryssi. That explained the lack of overwhelming response. Chryssi needed the EDF to learn about her newfound capabilities.

Rose's text message caught his attention. He sent one back: "Possibly. Or a bait-and-switch to make us think we'll face one threat but really another."

Another thought shook him. Chryssi could alter memories, behaviors and, from the look of things, appearances. She only needed one Element. Was it possible that Chrysalis was trying to remake Twilight Sparkle in her own image?

He remained silent, letting Pinkie do the talking. If things went as he expected (non-informative) perhaps they'd enter the conversation.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

Love drags her bags on the ground closer to the phone. She sticks her head in frame for the call. "Hey, Pinkie Pie," she says as her head goes next to hers. "You look mean, absolutely vicious." That was certainly the truth. It was hard to appreciative the frightful sight in front of her. She did look stunningly villainous. So, Fluttershy gets points in that box. "Do you know who I am? Name's Love. I'm not an apple."

Straight to the point. "Why are you calling?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-08-10 at 01:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838

"Oh, I have a message for you and your friends, Love," Fluttershy clears her throat and smiles. Even now, there are still traces of that sweet, innocent smile that appears in all of her pictures. The effect is a little disturbing. "She's held back so far because you have been so very helpful. If you were here, I would love to thank each and every one of you personally." Her voice drops to a low, husky whisper. "Especially the stallions." She giggles again and sways like a pony who has had way too much cider. Or too much changeling venom.

"You're not Fluttershy!" Pinkie declares dramatically, "You're Flutter-bat!"

The Element of Kindness grins ferally. "You remembered! Oh, but we're getting sidetracked. Let's get back on topic, if it's not too much trouble." She leans in close to the screen so her eyes fill it entirely. "You've been very helpful, but you're pushing your luck. If you go to the Maneframe, then all bets are off. And I'll be there, waiting. And as you can tell, I've gone a little batty, so it won't be fun. It will be pain." She giggles. "Well, unless you're into that sort of thing. Then it will be all sorts of fun."

"Into what sort of thing?" Coffin Nail asks.

29. - Top - End - #839

"Into what sort of thing?" Coffin Nail asks.
    "Equating pain as pleasure," Rose explains as she finishes getting dressed. "Some ponies can't tell the difference."

She pushes her way to the screen to talk to Fluttershybat. "I've had twenty-three reconstructive surgeries and two years of physical therapy. Let's see what you got for pain, cause I bet you're just gonna tickle like a kitten."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

"Good one, Rose."

Love grimaces at Creepshy's smile. Those eyes. She easily scores a 10 on the creep scale. "I'm glad we've been so helpful." She shouts, "Why don't we call it even by you letting everyone go!"

"Flutter-bat?"

She grabs the phone and shakes it, "Release everyone!", before getting back to speaking next to Pinkie Pie.

"You had all this time to set a trap for us going to the maneframe and this is what you prepared? Psh, your plan is falling apart. You're the one that's starting to tread into luck here. It'll take at least two elements of harmony to put a dent in our plans! We've rested up and ready to kick your flank! You're plans are done. They've failed."