Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Sun Always Rises

Lovespace

"That's Admiral to you!", she barks.

She gives a stern, serious nod to Wildcat, "Let's go deeper! Forward shields to max! Full speed ahead!"

The two ships fly straight toward each in a dangerous game of chicken. Just before the ships collide, Love screams, "Melee mode!"

The two ships shift into mecha and grab each other's hooves in a struggle for dominance.

Inside the Love Shipped cabin, the ponies stand up while the ship's terminals start to disappear into the floor. The noise of the ships and the screens displaying the space battle start to disappear. Only Harrier Squad squad remains in a pure white room. The group sticks their hoof to their side until a lightsaber handle flies into each hoof.

In front of them, their opposition starts to rise out of the floor. A warbot.

Love dramatically turns to her saber and lights it blue in front of her.

"Damn you. You cursed machines."

The warbot activates four lightsabers and immediately a splash of red flings across the room. Star Chaser decapitated.

"No!", Love screams. Tears running down her cheeks, she rushes into battle with what remains of Harrier Squad to cut the bot down. A clash of sabers sound as the true battle begins.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-05 at 09:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper Scope opted to let the conversation play out while he surveyed the immediate area. Ceiling, walls, fortification, enemy placement, anything and everything that would give them advantage. He was especially interested in anything aerial perch that would give him a clean line of sight on the enemy while allowing Brazen Hoof to lead the assault.

Then came the voice over the radio. Sniper Scope tilted his head at Rose and Brazen. He lifted an eyebrow, indicating his desire to let them respond.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-07-05 at 11:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lovespace

The warbot rages forward, hacking and thrusting and slashing and rending and tearing and... Well, doing what the ideal warbot does. Killing with maximum efficiency. Finally, however, Love drives her saber right into the things head. It sparks, sputters, and falls. But before she can savor the triumph, two more rise out of the conveniently not-described landscape. They each draw eight sabers and turn to face her.

"Access..." the first says.

"DENIED!" the second finishes and they hurtle toward her as one.

Sniper Scope's vigilant search reveals depressingly few options. The hallway is straight and the only cover it affords are shallow, evenly spaced alcoves the perfect size for a pony to fit in. They are too small for a Corvid, however, so there is that advantage.

However, the vent which runs above the hallway might be big enough for him to squeeze in, if he kept his wings close to his back. And it has an opening with a decently clear view of the hall.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

"Well... Seems we got our permission." Brazen racks his shotgun to readiness while giving Rose a look. "Ah'm fine with most targets being non-lethal but crows... Lets just say ah don't see eye to eye with them after ah previous incident. How much longer for that turret?" He asks the barricaded ponies.

5. - Top - End - #125

"Five minutes, tops," the technician growls. Under her breath, she mutters so Brazen can't hear (but Sniper Scope and Rose can), "Princess Luna never tells me I'm doing a good job. Buck you."

"Hold up," one of the guards says, "What are they doing?"

It seems the Corvids are making modifications to their barrier. As the ponies watch though slits in their barricade, the corvids thrust knives mounted to broken table legs out through the gaps in their barriers, giving it a porcupine appearance.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Spamalot in the Playground

Rose loads the lethal ammo into her pistol. "Buggers seem to be learning a few tricks in there," Rose says, in reference to the knives now pointed out from their barricade.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Lovespace

Love huffs in anger over Star Chaser's death. Her robo kill fails to sate her emotions.

"I, love, her.. killed. You killed her!" she shouts at the ruined head in front of her. Her lightsaber digs further down into its corpse.

Absorbed in her grief, she doesn't even hear the two warbots shouting at her. Her focus is fading. Her mind becoming muddy.

The robo warpath is a short one. Love's friends try to impede the duo from their distracted Admiral, but they aren't strong enough.

A *Kksssshhhh* awakes Love from her thoughts. She looks up just as two objects thud to the ground. Wildcat's & Scope's bodies spilling their lifeblood on the floor.

Three squad members remain against the two giants. Love twirls her blade. *Vrău, vrău*
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-06 at 06:30 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    "Hold up," one of the guards says, "What are they doing?"
    "Preparing for something." Sniper Scope replies.

He considers his options. His gut instinct says that time is not on their side. It would take some time to gather validating data, and that may be time they don't have. But it pays to be cautious. He hasn't survived this long in the field by working off of assumption.

"Perhaps, they will be kind enough to tell us for what."

He reaches into his pack and withdraws the shotgun mic. A quick connection links it to his communications device. Carefully, so as to minimize his chances of being seen, Sniper creeps to the barricade and points the shotgun mic at the Corvid barricade.

9. - Top - End - #129

After a little bit of fine-tuning, the mic picks up a squabble going on among the corvids. "Oi! That's my knife! You can't use that!"

"I'll use whatever I please. 'Fill it with spikes' the general orders, 'so the ponies impale themselves on the wall'. And so that's what I'm doing, mate. Now hand it here."

"Boil your head! Use your own knives. Ya got five of them."

"Just give her the knife, Sieg."

"I will not!"

"Give it to me or I'll tear it off your corpse."

"Oh-ho! So that's how it's gonna be. I'll have you know, we're equally ranked. You have no authority over me. I answer only to the gener- Urk!"

The sounds of choking and struggling last only a few moments. Then, a new knife and pole are thrust out of another small gap.

Lovespace

The robots wheel about and cut the other members down one by one until only Love remains. They surround her and hem her in, slashing away at her defenses. Then, both of them begin to make sounds like a blaring alarm. The left one's strike hits true and Love is roughly pulled back to reality.

The small screen above her angrily says, "Access Denied, dirty hacker!" The alarm which she heard has crossed over to reality as well. "Alert. Security personnel to Hangar Control. Alert. Security personnel to Hangar Control."
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-07-06 at 11:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The mic was put in his pack. A predatory smile was put upon his face.

Sniper retreated from the barricade while shrugged one leg out of his pack. Leaving it dangling from one shoulder, he moved past Brazen, Love and the members of the Royal Guard.

"It appears that the Corvids have opted for a defensive strategy. Here is my recommendation: for maximum psychological impact, we initially bypass their barrier. Therefore, I will retreat to the next ventilation access point." He gestured upward with one hoof. All the while he spoke he made certain to keep his voice low. "Utilizing the start of the battle as a distraction, I shall enter the ductwork and make my way above the front line. I shall visit death upon them from above, and then, when they are in disarray, Brazen may lead the charge to dislodge them from their position. Does this sound agreeable?"

11. - Top - End - #131

"Sounds like a good plan to me," Rose says.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen looks over the now poky barricade. "Ah almost feel like they don't understand what armor means... Ah could run full force into that and all that would happen is ah'd bend the knives. Besides ah can probably hop over that when the time comes. Pity we don't have five minutes. Somepony hand me ah frag and ah'll get the distraction runnin." By blowing part of the barricade open, along with some corvids hopefully, that should send them scrambling enough...

13. - Top - End - #133

From the other end of the hallway, they hear a corvid shriek, "THIS IS THE STUPIDEST PLAN I'VE EVER HEARD OF!"

One of the guards pulls out a rocket launcher. "I got you covered." Immediately, the others leap on her and wrest it from her grasp.

"Are you insane?" their leader demands, "Firing a rocket in an already damaged space ship? We didn't train you to be this dense Big Boom!"

One of the technicians salutes and hands Brazen a grenade. "One grenade, as requested. And I'm not even going to make you fill out a form for it."

"Are you sure you can fit, Sniper Scope?"

"Of course he can. He doth not eat cake all day."

"Please, sister, let's not spread rumors. I don't eat cake all day."

A young stallion's voice comes over the radio. "Uh, away teams? If you haven't guessed already, this is Equestrian High Command. We're monitoring your progress through the Thunderbird's uplink. Um, the princesses are here. So there's that. Don't do anything illegal, I guess?"
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-07-06 at 01:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Merveilleux." Scope grunted quietly in response to the news of being observed. Aloud, he said: "Unfortunately, I fear there is no longer time for such consideration."

He signalled Brazen and then took off down the hallway. He stretched his wings, prepping himself for flight.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

"Ha! This pony gets it!" Brazen laughs as Big Boom is restrained, accepting the grenade as he collects himself. "Ah like your style but as much as ah want ah mass clearing of that barricade that's also the reason ah don't mount ah canon on my armor. Overpenetration is one thing, overpenetration with hoof sized projectiles just gets ya yelled at. Thank ya by the bye. Anyway lets rock n roll!" Brazen waits for Sniper to get into position then pulls the pin on the grenade. Chucking it down the hallway with a low wine of servo, the stallion tearing off after it for one of the alcoves to distract the corvids from the explosive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, so not sure the exact distances involved. If I need to get closer (52 yard throw) before I throw so be it. Ideally I'd be aiming for a hex to get that bonus to hit but not sure whether targeting a airborn hex with a grenade is a thing/timing it so it goes off just over the lip of the barricade or otherwise right over it. I'll make a throw check with no penalties or bonuses applied since I don't know the appropriate modifiers at the moment.
    Throwing (skill 14): (3d6)[3][4][3](10)
    And I'll assume standard 64mm HE grenade and I'll go ahead and roll the explosive damage, fragmentation is probably better handled on your end: (8d6)[4][2][5][2][5][6][3][1](28) x2

16. - Top - End - #136

Rose covers her ears for the imminent (and reverberating) explosion.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #137

Brazen's grenade sails over the Corvid barricade. It's a difficult shot and not a whole lot of ponies could have done it, hence why the Royal Guard didn't try it themselves. But he lands it right inside a small gap made for firing out of. The one corvid on watch spots it. Her eyes go wide and she dives down the hallways, barely escaping the blast radius. The other two are not so lucky. The grenade blows part of their barricade apart and flat-out kills one. The other is heavily wounded, but now exposed to the Royal Guard. However, they hold their fire so as to not hit the two ponies in the hall. He dives for cover, though Sniper Scope can take a snapshot at him if need be.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Lying on the floor, Love grabs her head as she's dumped out. "Ow." Putting the phantom limb pain aside, she goes to check that her computer wasn't damaged and then stands up.

She hasn't run out of treats yet. Her bag is still full of toys. "Oh, I'll make you pay," She says with an impish grin. "A little twerk. A clip. Some tingly shocks." A growing pile of tools start coming out of her bag. She puts her augmented strength to use by ripping some panels off to get to the delicates.

She starts to play back her missed audio in reverse sequence. It looks like things more or less just started popping off. Maybe, she should not have tried to rush the hack.

"I'll need to wire myself in if I want access. Doing so now."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The results of Brazen's throw were almost-- almost-- enough to provoke a sense of wonder and respect from Sniper Scope. There were not many who could have made such a shot, nor done so as perfectly.

He adjusted his position slightly in order to bring his rifle to bear against the surviving Corvid. An instant's reflection prompted him to stay his hoof. Now was not the time to go off half-cocked. Now was the time for surgical precision. He began sighting down the length of his barrel and tracking the fleeing Corvid.

"Nicely done, Brazen. I have eyes on the remaining target now."

Spoiler: OoC:
    Show
    Spending this turn aiming.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

"Alrighty... Time to flush the rest of the crows out." Brazen starts running down the corridor, occationally ducking into a alcove to try and confuse the corvids and see just what kind of small arms they have.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    "Alrighty... Time to flush the rest of the crows out." Brazen starts running down the corridor, occationally ducking into a alcove to try and confuse the corvids and see just what kind of small arms they have.
    Rose follows Brazen, ducking into the opposite alcove one row behind and watching his back.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #142

The wounded corvid hunkers down and disappears behind the remains of the barricade. A good shot could easily penetrate, but anypony firing at him would be shooting blind. The bloody remains of the dead one lie against the side of the corridor and stretch half-way across, making it difficult to maneuver through the gap. As for the one that escaped the blast, she rises to a low crouch and wildly scans the area for cover. Sniper Scope has a clear shot at her.

A corvid head pokes out from the galley, about another 30 meters past the barricade.

Meanwhile, Love works on forging a connection to stand the test of time with the computer terminal. This will take a bit of time, but not too long.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

This was it. Sniper Scope ignored the rest of the world as he lined his rifle's sight up with surviving, disoriented Corvid. He stilled his heart and exhaled. It was time to be steady and precise. He could savor being back in his element later.

He pulled the trigger.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

A frowning emoticon appears on Love's helmet as she starts to catch up on the situation. That sounded like a frag. Haven't enough corvid died already? she asks herself.

Come on. One of you wires has to be transferring the data I need.

25. - Top - End - #145

Sniper Scope's shot hits true, striking the corvid dead center and melting all the way through the ramshackle breastplate she'd cobbled together. It leaves her heavily wounded, but barely conscious. The smell of burnt feathers fills the air. Panicked and in a lot of pain, she dashes for the galley, though her new wound hinders her greatly. She barely stumbles two meters away. She is still exposed to Brazen of Rose, if they'd like to take a shot, though they are still a ways down the corridor.

Meanwhile, Love quickly connects the right wire to her computer and bypasses the annoying system entirely! She immediately notices that only one other user is logged on at the moment. The ID of the account gives the captain of the ship as the user in question.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen's shotgun tracks the one that Sniper shot, rather surprised it's still standing, for a moment before belching forth it's own slug of lead downrange to 'put it out of its misery'. He follows up the shot be continuing down the corridor towards the corvid barricade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shooting, sans range penalty.
    Shotgun (skill 15): (3d6-2)[3][5][3](11)
    Damage: (4d6+4)[3][2][4][5](14)

27. - Top - End - #147

Rose aims at the barricade that the corvid wounded by the initial grenade had hid behind. "On the ground! Hands above your head!!" she commands, hoping the enemy will comply.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #148

The second corvid goes down to Brazen's shotgun. The damage that Sniper Scope's shot did to her armor destroyed too much of it to protect her chest from being ventilated by force. The corvid at the galley pulls his head back in and slams the door.

The corvid behind the barricade does not reappear. He seems to be hunkering down for now. No telling what he's planning.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Bah! Sniper Scope's teeth ground together. He should have had that kill. Brazen was there to correct his shortcomings, but such should never have been necessary. He was better than this.

He redoubled his concentration and tightened his focus around the makeshift table fortress.

"I am painting the barricade. If he so much as twitches, I shall have him." He informed the others.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Taking a wait maneuver to set up an opportunity shot (with aim) on the Corvid. Also taking the -2 penalty to avoid pegging a friendly by mistake.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-07-08 at 05:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

With no other corvids in sight and Sniper ready behind him Brazen charges forward. Aiming to try and topple the barricade onto the corvids hiding behind it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    find a clear spot to body check the barricade I guess or hope that the DR is more than enough for a unwielded knife which I assume it would be. See if I can make the corvids go squish between super leaping and several hundred pounds of armored pony.