Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Sun Always Rises

Rose looks up for a moment when the new grumpy voice cracks over the... ship's intercom? She gets on her headset, just the squad channel. "Love, the colts have the galley secured. Could you trace where that voice is broadcasting from? Please and thank you."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't be so hard on yourself Scope. You can pin this one as my fault."

"Rose, I can only do..."

Love yells over the intercoms, "Hey! This is my ship now. I own it now. I'll turn the alarms off IF I want. You want to fight about it? Anytime of the day or year. I'll kick your flank. You useless piece of trash."

Love will try to find the voice's source and get video. From command?
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-10 at 11:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

The voice is coming from the command center. Definitely from the command center. And it does not sound happy.

"Ponies," he hisses malevolently, "Of course." The comm cuts off.

With a beep and a bootup sound, Love has the AR system online! She can see everything. Including heavily-modified corvid dragging a pony around the command deck toward the captain's office.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-07-10 at 12:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Almost as quick as Rose asked Love replied, "He's at command with an unidentified hostage. The Captain? Heading towards the Captain's Office. He's a big boy. Lots of Mods. I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley."

She'll send a live feed to everyone's display devices.

Now that she has access to the AR system, Love wants to look around the ship: For the suspiciously missing enemy corvid, the hanger with the electrical problems, & sealed engineering.

*edit*

She pulls the various videos from her internal to AR. She's more comfortable that way. Around her computer, AR screens hover and display the ship's internals. She's starting to build her own little security display hub.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-10 at 12:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185

"Wow, what do they feeds these things in prison?" Rose asks no one in particular. She moves over to the squad stallions, glancing at the unconscious corvid for just a moment. "Well, guess we turn this area over to the crew and plan a hostage negotiation?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #186

The system's databanks ping the corvid as General Ironbeak, the last of the corvid leadership and the only one to escape being stoned by the Elements of Harmony. He was unique among them in that he understood and could utilize pony technology in creative ways that the rest of his kind could not. Metaphorically, they were swinging around their rifles like clubs while he was duct-taping magazines together so he could reload faster. He was also notable for being the only corvid to take prisoners of war. All the better to interrogate and learn the secrets of Twilight's inventions. He heavily modified himself with cybernetics and, though most of the offensive ones were removed upon his capture, he remains the most dangerous corvid in existence.

The rest of the corvids are holed up in the galley. Several are lying in the floor, alive but unconscious. Others are trying to fend off the Royal Guard's assault, but they reacted too slow and the battle was joined right as the Royal Guard crested their barricade. They are fighting fiercely, though, and Love can see that several members of the guard are in trouble. They got too close to the corvid's claws and even the best armor only holds for so long.

The electrical short in the hangar is from a stress-fracture in the hull. It is a serious problem, but nothing that will destroy the ship for the next few hours.

And a peek into the sealed engineering section reveals the remainder of the crew! Mostly technicians and a few junior officers. All told, ten ponies of various kinds.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen facehooves. "Well ah suppose that explains how they got access to the systems but ah question why more of his mods weren't removed... Anyway onwards and forwards ah suppose." Brazen heads for the doorway leading to the galley. As much as he wanted to set up for a definitive attack with the battle already engaged there wasn't time for it, especially if the corvid's leader had a hostage elsewhere. "Time for a pincer attack."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heading to work soon and I assume it'll take a few seconds for me to get to the door, so I'll go ahead and roll at least one shotgun attack ahead of time.
    Shotgun (skill 15): (3d6-2)[9]
    Damage: (4d6+4)[19]

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

"That sounds like a fun conversation. What are the acceptable body parts to cut up and out of captured enemy forces?" A rhetorical question. "I wouldn't want them to chop my bits up."

A small smile surfaces on her face as she sees Brazen head to help the struggling royal guard. Now, they're on the same page.

Love switches her comms to the engineering room. "Hello, Philomena crew. Love is here."

She'll try to fiddle with the red alert and quite the alarm down.

"The royal guard is fighting to secure the front half of the ship. You can camp in engineering, but if you would set that Warbot out to help the guard that'd be swell. Again, The corvid are being pushed toward the front of the ship so it should be safe to let the Warbot go."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-07-10 at 03:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Rose follows Brazen toward the ship's command center. She calls Star Chaser on her comm. "Star, we're moving forward to command. The ship's captain may be a hostage. Let the hanger crew know that they can tie up the unconscious corvids in the galley."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #190

After a moment, Love gets a reply. "Nice to hear your voice, baby," a stallion says in a low, seductive purr, "I've been waiting all my life for love to find me. Never thought it would be..." He breaks down and laughs. A heavy sigh follows.

"Ignore him," a mare says, "He's always like that. We copy and we're sending out the warbot. Give us a minute to change its mission parameters."

When they sign off, Star lets loose a giggle. "Sometimes I love having open comms," she says, "Roger that, Rose. Relaying message."

Brazen kicks down the door and blasts the first Corvid he sees. Right in the back, too. Most of them don't have armor, so it goes down immediately. The few with armor, two in total, are hunkered behind a barricade which faces toward the other door. Four unarmored corvids have taken up advantageous positions around the room. Of course, their backs are to Brazen as well. Three of them throw down their weapons.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Three of them throw down their weapons.
    Rose raises her pistol and 'double-taps' the remaining armed one from that group.

Spoiler
    Show
    9mm Pistol (using lethal rounds): skill 14, RoF 3

Attack 1: (3d6)[10], Damage (2d6+2)[4]
    Attack 2: (3d6)[10], Damage (2d6+2)[13]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Given the rapidly changing circumstances, Sniper Scope opts to leave the nest. He vaults around the opening and drops to the floor. Then, he follows Brazen's lead into the galley.

Their armored friend certainly knows how to make an entrance

Sidestepping to clear Brazen of his line of fire, Sniper Scope levels his rifle at the closer of the two armored Corvid. He pulls the trigger twice.

"If you value your lives, surrender." He says with complete disregard for who can hear him. "I am not in a generous mood."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Laser Sniper Rifle RoF = 2

Attack 1
    (3d6)[2][6][6](14) vs. 15

Attack 2
    [rollv]3d6[rollv] vs. 15

Damage 1
    [rollv]5d6[rollv]

Damage 2
    [rollv]5d6[rollv]

13. - Top - End - #193

The last armored corvid drops his weapon when Sniper Scope's two shots blow straight through his companion's armor and deep-fry her insides. Approximately four more lie unconscious on the ground. The Royal Guard pours in, guns pointing everywhere and at all the corvids. One of them salutes. "We'll secure the area. Star Chaser informed us of the situation with the captain. You lot go on ahead."

Meanwhile, Love receives a notification that an escape pod is being prepped for launch. Specifically, the captain's escape pod, which is located in his office. Right where General Ironbeak is.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

"Right, weapons down or the rest end up like him." Shots ring out from the side and behind Brazen as his teammates take out another armed corvid. "Case. In. Point. Well done." The stallion wades through the tide of Royal Guard, taking a moment to salute back, before continuing. Heading for the captain's area. "Roger that, we'll see if we can nab the last one. Lets move!"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

After a moment, Love gets a reply. "Nice to hear your voice, baby," a stallion says in a low, seductive purr, "I've been waiting all my life for love to find me. Never thought it would be..." He breaks down and laughs. A heavy sigh follows.

"Ignore him," a mare says, "He's always like that. We copy and we're sending out the warbot. Give us a minute to change its mission parameters."
    "Thank you," she says to the mare like she's talking to the last reasonable pony on this ship.

She let's the group know about the escape situation. There is not a lot she can do to stop an escape pod. Engineers designed them to work in almost every situation; most situations she could make happen.

"I'm triggering the escape pod."

It'd be hard to stop the General Ironbeak's prep, but maybe she can make it go early without its passengers. Or, she could be helping a fugitive escape. That's not going to look good on her record.

16. - Top - End - #196

"Can you stop it from launching?" Rose asks Love on the subject of escape pods. She runs off behind Brazen toward's the captain's room.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

"Give me some ideas!," She asks hurriedly. "Maybe?"

"I've got an idea for you. Run faster! Brazen jump!"

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "Give me some ideas!," She asks hurriedly. "Maybe?"
    "What's holding the pod down? Clamps? Maybe lock those to keep the pod from being released?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

On his HUD, Sniper Scope retrieves the ship maps and begins plotting the most direct route to the escape pod in question. He creates an overlay of the route and pushes it to his teammates. Then, he scans the area for hostiles out of habit while hauling flank.

"Confuse the ship." He suggests to Love. "Make it think that the launch has already transpired."

Love's hacking skills far surpass his; if anyone can resolve this situation it is her.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"Ok, ok. I'll try to keep the pod here instead of launching it empty." She glaces to the command screen and then starts typing up a storm. Her front hooves thumping along with her running teammates.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Let me know if I should re-roll my hack skill. Love is changing course.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

"Jump?" Brazen wasn't entirely sure how that would help right now but he was game to try. Besides they needed to pass the Royal Guard's barricade.

22. - Top - End - #202

The ship's design is pretty utilitarian. The best way to the escape pod is straight ahead. Fortunately, Love's hack manages to lock the escape pod in place pretty quickly. However, after a few moments, she begins to see warnings about an airlock breach inside the pod. The outer airlock reports damage, heavy damage, growing every second. The inner door has been automatically sealed to prevent total atmospheric loss.

Brazen, Sniper, and Rose make it to the door to the bridge, which looks like it has been torn apart. A disturbing thought, since it was made from foot-thick steel alloy. The bridge itself is empty. The door to the captain's office is sealed and locked.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper Scope relays the latest development to Love; then, recalling their last interactions with the general's cunning, adds: "Can you discern anything of Ironbeak's activity?"

It's a familiar routine by this point: take in the surrounding area, map out the walls and ceilings-- try to find a non-traditional entry point into the other room. Perhaps the ventilation grid again?

24. - Top - End - #204

The room is built to be a last holdout for the captain and bridge-crew to survive and escape, if necessary. It has an independent power supply and air-cycler, which means that except for the door, there are no other entrances. However, upon closer examination, there are claw marks right where the sliding door meets in the middle. The metal is bent backwards, indicating that someone insanely strong stuck their fingers in between the closing door and wrenched it open again. Probably when he first took the bridge.

25. - Top - End - #205

"I do not want to hoof-wrestle that creature," Rose says. "We need to get this door open before the captain asphyxiates. Think we could force it open between the three of us?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

"Paaaah, now we'll get to see what this suit can do." Brazen trots up to the door, giddy eagerness bubbling up inside. "You two cover me. There's a good chance he could be waiting on the other side." Rearing up Brazen slams into the door where the damage already is, using it as a 'grip' to start prying the door apart.
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the lifting bonus from the suit my effective strength is 23 I believe. Here's a roll just in case it's needed.
    (3d6)[8]

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    "You two cover me. There's a good chance he could be waiting on the other side."
    Rose gets down low, under and slightly behind Brazen. She holds her pistol at the ready to neutralize whatever might be awaiting them behind the door.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #208

Brazen's suit digs into the metal and contorts it even more. With only a little twinge from the foreleg he almost dislocated, he pulls open the sealed door and the EDF peers inside.

The room is dimly lit, most of the lights switched off. However, a flashing yellow light and an alarm which repeatedly stats, "Warning. Airlock breach detected. Please evacuate to the nearest airtight room," dispel any sinister air this might have conjured. The airlock door to the escape pod is sealed shut. Not just mechanically, but magnetically too. The sign above it reads, "No atmosphere present," Though it is impossible for the EDF to hear the sounds of rending metal thanks to the lack of air to carry the sounds, the reverberations of heavy blows come from behind that door. The General, it seems, does not care that there is no oxygen on the other side anymore.

A single dazed mare lies next to the desk at the back of the room, a trickle of blood traveling down her face. She blinks at stares at the EDF with unfocused eyes.

29. - Top - End - #209

A single dazed mare lies next to the desk at the back of the room, a trickle of blood traveling down her face. She blinks at stares at the EDF with unfocused eyes.
    "I'm going in!" Rose rushes in to grab a hold of the mare and take her out of the room. She'll carry her if she has to.

Spoiler
    Show
    If STR needed: (3d6)[13] vs. 10
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-07-11 at 06:20 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #210

While the rest of the team leaps into action in their own way, Rose rushes to mare's aid and safely gets her out of the room. Aside from a nasty bump on the head (the source of the bleeding) and probable concussion, she also has a number of bruises that probably go all the way to the bone. The back of her neck, right by the collar, has several scratches that are clearly caused by claws as well. It looks like she was dragged around by the back of her uniform without regard for her personal health, safety, or comfort.