New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default [3.5e] World's Largest Dungeon - IC

This is the IC thread for our adventures in World's Largest Dungeon.
    OOC Thread

This is where the violence happens, loot glitters and fates are decided by the whims of dice. Tread with care.
    Welcome to Merensa

Welcome to Merensa, a small island in a remote corner of the world far removed from all trade ship routes. This inhospitable piece of barren rock is home to eight fortress-towers on its shores, a small mining industry, a small settlement, the docks the serves as the only means of transportation, and lastly the very thing you are here for: an ancient dungeon that modern history has no knowledge of.

You have arrived to Merensa by a large trading vessel group. It that was the only one making the trip in the future, short of hiring a Black Ship specifically, an alternative about four to five digis too expensive for your wallet at the time. The less said about the harrowing trip with its too many sea monsters and the raging tides the better, - nevertheless, here you stand alive and unharmed. At the present you are standing in the dockside landing proper as you have left the immediate area of arrivals where you found your dryland feet and from which you moved up from the wooden piers, where ships halt before being moved to the side for loading via cranes, and onto proper rocky outcroppings where several platforms are built to form a welcoming place, and which is currently rife with people calming from from the trip.

You, your traveling companions, some other travelers and a throng of merchants accompanied by their tagalongs of varying professionalism, have gathered to what amounts to the center of this settlement: a large well full of water and some green plants to break up the vividly colored stone everything around you is hewn from, and then about a dozen buildings made from rock. You can tell about five of them are stores, one is a tavern and the rest are miscellaneous ones without any indicators about their purpose. The merchants are meeting with people and setting to business, and the other people are either sitting by the well on benches or wandering off to to their thing.

Sun is shining from overhead bright and golden while its rays play warmth plays lightly on your skin. Spring is slowly trying to nudge Winter off of its throne. From your spot you can see the canal through which your ship arrived to this island's center, and the eight fortress towers that more or less house the garrisons needed to keep the rest of the island safe. They look as inviting as death, to put it nicely, and you feel you do not want to see more of them.

According to your research you can safely make your way into the ancient dungeon by finding the office of Rakner Mining Corporation in here. It is an easy task given how you can see the company's banner flying high above their little office right next to the tavern. All you need to do is walk in, declare your intent to do exploring, and that is it more or less.

It is eleven in the early mid-day, eleven O' clock sharp in fact. You were offered low-grade breakfast sometime in the morning if you had the stomach to down it mid-storm.

What now?

Last edited by Ruess; 2017-06-24 at 12:33 PM.
    This is my Important Voice For Important Things

This is My Caustic/Sarcastic Voice.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5e] World's Largest Dungeon - IC

Johann get off the ship and stretch his legs. The travel was chaos and more than once during it he wondered if he would be safer inside the walled school of wizardry and, for just a feverish night, he regreted been born an artist. But then the storm is gone and they finally arrived and he felt safe again in land.

He walks amazed at the colored rocks and have to hold his urge to make a painting: the whole village could fit in a single piece of canvas, the ugly and menacing towers in the horizon as well as the harbor and the few ships on it.

"Can you smell it guys?", he says excited to his companions, "This is the scent of treasures and fame. Also, eggs. I'm starving. Anyone up for a real meal?", slowly walking toward the inn.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Seeing some of the shady characters that were sharing the passage boat to the island with him, Khaldor decides it best to double check his pack, not only to make sure that everything is in its proper place, but that everything is in fact still there. Once his gear is settled, he tries his best to encourage his new traveling companions that they should share a meal before setting off on their grand (or reckless) adventure.

"Would be best if we all broke some bread and shared some tales before heading to our possible doom. That way, we can share some memories of those we lose should something go wrong."

Khaldor realizes as he is speaking that this may not have been the best way to start their new journey in a strange place, but shrugs it off and follows Johann regardless looking for a cheap filling meal.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Barack

The morning had not been kind to Barack, and his dour face reflected this as he stood looking out on fountains, greenery, and storefronts. It had all started with the murderous riptides surrounding the island tossing the boat around all night as it approached the channel (or at least so it had seemed to the as-yet sea hating dwarf). The channel itself had been a welcome relief from the unrelieved open expanse of the endless ocean (*Barack shudders at the memory*), and yet had also been an immense waste of his time as some merchant had taken it on himself to regale Barack with innumerable minutiae about the towers and their history, and the discovery of the channel, and the reasons for the expedition, and the difference between corn hens and chickens and turkeys, and the myriad uses for fowle parts... Barack supposed there might have been useful information somewhere in there, but none of it had made its way past the sea-sickness... and the excitement of finally nearing his goal. That excitedness only JUST managed to ssurvive the immense difficulty of leading a stubborn mule up and out of the hold and then down a gangplank. Barack was certain that Stubborn Mule (as he had come to call the evil beast over the course of their journey) had done everything in its power to make the process even more challenging than it needed to be.

Still, standing with his heavily booted feet on stone rather than wood planks, with his weapon ready and his destination almost in sight, Barack could feel his mood lifting. As the unforttunate excusee for breakfast rumbled its final ways through him, he considered the importance of establishing some form of base of operations before delving deep into destiny. "Lads, I think we could afford to secure some lodgings, at least for the night, before heading down into the dark. I'll meet you all in the tavern after I take a quick look about, and answer lady nature's call, if you get my meaning." Turning slightly away from the group, Barack looks for a narrow space between two buildings or some similar secluded space to do his business, and begins heading in that direction.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Slag

"I don't smell anything." Slag says simply. "I'm not hungry but I will join you for a drink." He clomps behind the others. Slag was glad to be on solid land again.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Darla

Darla was mostly glad the have solid land under her again - she didn't get sick or hate the sea, as such, but it made her feel a bit off balance. Now she studies the towers, the well, and finally the tavern, "Best to eat well while we have the chance. No telling when we'll get a hot meal once we get started."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Any guilt the Aasimar may have felt for this unauthorized excursion from her monastery was lost in the rush of the wind, the storm-tossed journey strangely filling her with a feeling somewhere between that of determination and an adrenaline rush. Neither the alien creatures nor the turbulent waters could dampen her inner light, her radiant spirit. Were the weather to permit her, she would have happily danced along the desk of the trip, so excited was she to be able to steer her own destiny. Instead, she was satisfied with recounting everything she'd ever read in her head and attempting to assist the crew in any way she could.

As the new companions Gloria made on her way to this point talked shop, she lazily looked around her, a contented look on her face as she basked in the rare radiance of the warm sun, in spite of the harrowing surroundings. The desire to see if she could set her heels to the side and dip her legs into the water, regardless of the onlookers, was overwhelming, particularly since this may well be the last time possible to be able to enjoy the caress of Pelor's light for a long long time, and her eyes lingered on the well as she contemplated that possibility.

Instead, she pats the pack-mule baring the remainder of her supplies gently on the muzzle. "I was contented with the food we received earlier, actually. I think I might speak to the person in charge of the Rakner Mining Corporation instead, and ensure preparations are complete. I shall convene with you shortly, and maybe then pinch a bit of what leftovers remain." she replies in her serene voice with a sweet smile, heading in the direction of the office.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2017-06-25 at 09:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

AssassinGuy

Tavern
    The heavy oaken doors both creak open with resistance brought on by their heavy weight and stout frame. And when you creak it to swing it open, a happy riot of noise literally washes over you before you step into a large establishment that is packed to brim with population that seems to be in the process of throwing a massive party.

Decorations of a great many colors, of which each is vivid and worn by age but clearly festive, are hung everywhere in the ceiling. Small banners are hung from the ceiling amid them and they flutter in the slight wind you have created. Bright spheres of golden light hover near said banners casting daylight everywhere in such amounts you would swear your are outdoors in some rare Summer day. The people inside the building share the sentiment and are making merry each in their own manner and not a single one seems to be set aside or not joining in the joyour uproar that you feel shaking the floor boards underneath you.

The inside of this establishment is a large and spacious one but it is packed full of people. Tables - the only furniture except some stools spread about - are on the very edges by the walls where they are loaded to brim in foodstuffs but far moreso with frothing drinks too many to name but all of which you smell to brim with alcoholic content. Of persons in here you witness a great variety in them but most remarkable is that dwarves and gnomes number especially many contrasted to all others even if you are certain many others who contrast the majority of the many species known. Each one of them is being merry, frequently so with either a heavy tankard full of frothing substance or other drinking implement. Many are holding toasts of varying quality in spite or perhaps due to being drunk, and others have one or more plates loaded with foods by them.

Over all this dim of life and party, you hear a song in the air - one that now rings out to the streets.

For we're all jolly good fellows~!
    For we're all jolly good fellows~!
    For we're all jolly good fellow~!

You discover foodstuffs on the sides, and a very short look around reveals you it is all for free for whoever takes it. The staff haul in more, and by the look of the minotaurs no one is asking how they keep bringing it more. The set is ample in variety, and even moreso in the sheer bulk of it that is set ready. You have an opportunity to sample or feast at your pleasure and in short order find yourself with a tankard in hand less than ten full steps inside the place. The kitchen and the bar is on the opposite side of the entrance...so if you wish to head there you have a rather thick throng to get through.

Office
    Gloria finds the office to be a neat little stone building that has a watchman on the outside, and one who is willing to mind her mule since animals are not allowed inside. Past the sturdy door she finds a single surly looking pale dwarf dressed in a very official get-up that has drag greys and stark blacks as its only colors as well as a sour expression on his face - yet he offers Gloria a tight smile from behind his desk, and sets his quill down from writing something on parchment and waves for her to take a seat by one of two chairs opposite his near the desk. Gloria can see the interior is as plain as it can be, although the house could me a compact home for a single person - yet she sees a single door to the left leading to parts unknown.

"Good mornin' Ma'am. Welcome ta Rakner Minin' Corporat' Branc'. Wat' ken I do fer ya?" inquires the evidently female dwarf albeit when she speaks she also grins, and in doing so opens a few scars on her clearly wounded face, tinting a few of her bandages redder.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing it is a party with a feast included, Johann is more than quick to grab some food and full tankard of beer. Ready to join a pair of dwarves and sing a long. He was certainly needing a party after spending so many weeks being unable to paint or write due the motion fo the waves, and so his soul enjoy it. The dungeon may wait til he's done partying, he guess.

Once he had a couple tankards, he begin to talk with the dwarves and gnomes around him, "Excuse me, jolly fellows. But what are we celebrating? Just arrived in town and looking for a place to sleep: do you know if the inn offer beds for rent?"
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Barack notes the excited Cleric heading towards the office and calls after her. "Good idea lass! I'll be a minute or two behind you."

Leading Stubborn Mule into a space between two buildings, Barack turns the beast to provide some extra cover and begins to scribe his circle on the ground. A full minute of careful work later, and the Seal is drawn. Barack rises to his feet and speaks clearly over the circle. "Naberius, the Grinning Hound!" A moment passes before a loud squawk is heard and a black crane crashes into the center of the circle. Out of the shadows stalks a large three headed dog, which begins to feast on the crane. As two heads eat, the third looks to Barack and speaks in a rough voice.

"You call me again, Dwarf. It would seem that you have finally found land. What do you require of me, and what do you offer?" The head returns to eating, and another rises to watch the dwarf, awaiting his response.

"You know what I offer, Naberius. Sensation, experience, a breath of this wide world you have been forbidden. In return I ask for your voice, your tongue, and your resilience. I grow closer to my destiny, to my doom. Do we have an accord?"

"Hrmph, you are driven today. I grant you your request, Binder. The accord is made!" The bird disappears in a burst of feathers as the hound leaps at Barack, fading from view just before it would have collided with the steady dwarf. Barack smiles and nods, feeling the power of the Hound fill him. Gathering Stubborn Mule's lead rope, he heads back into the square.

"Now, where did that young lady get off to?" Barack heads towards the office, looking to meet Gloria there.

Spoiler: Awareness roll
    Show
    (1d20-2)[11] Awareness

He'll do the ritual regardless of how actually private his spot is.
    Last edited by PeacefulOak; 2017-06-26 at 05:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Slag

Slag was mildly confused by the party but somehow ended up with a full drink in hand. He wasn't too sure of the words but enthusiasm seemed to count for something and it seemed to repeat. All in all, it was one of the better receptions he'd received walking into a new town. He wondered what all the fuss was about but didn't want to interrupt anyone.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Darla

"Now this is how they should greet us everywhere we go!" Darla grin. Then she circulates, acquiring food and drink (though she only partakes sparingly of the latter) and hopefully come gossip - what's going on, what's the party for, and listening for any tidbits about the dungeon.

Spoiler
    Show

Gather Information: (1d20+2)[8]

13. - Top - End - #13

AssassinGuy

Tavern
    Johann impressed the group who saw him down three of the monster mugs and walk it off as if noting of notice happened: Johann in turn can tell the group has seven gnomes and one dwarf: only two of the gnomes are not completely loaded, and those two are well on their way and are making an effort to follow the chorus of the song, leaving the dwarf to answer. "Borsh there is getting married," the dwarf answer, and waves at the largest minotaur by the bar who is large enough to be sitting and still reach the immensely tall ceiling. "Profit!" resound the drunk gnomes right behind him; the former speaksin an aged voice full of vim and muscle whiel the latter are full of excited happiness of the tipsy folk. "And we cracked a motherload-" "Profit!" "of adamantine in the mine's core. "Profit!" "Once we sell it overses we'll see more gold than a dragon's hoard,-" "Profit!" "and in here there'll be no snobs to try to snatch it into their coffers!" "Profit!" The dwarf looks immensely pleased before burping and continuing."Ask the happy hornhead by the bar if the rooms are free, might get lucky there."

Darla has little luck discovering things as she runs into people either too drunk to care or one too set on getting merrily loaded - it is a stroke of luck and some skill that she avoids getting into a drink-off! However, she does discover this party is a celebration that has to do with the massive minotaur who is the apparent owner of this establishment, and who is large like a giant even when apparently seated behind the bar.

The rest of the group is managing to not get into trouble so far.

Office
    Barack arrives to find his sought target seated in a small office speaking with a scarred dwarf whose voice betrays a feminine gender even if the looks are as rough as that of a gruff man. "Good mornin', ser. Be right wit' ye," the she-dwarf greets Barack readily albeit in a hoarse voice still before looking to Gloria and handing her a neatly wrapped scroll. "Here is yer permit, Ma'am, an' one for all yer friends. Com' back if'n ye hav' trooble wit' anythin."

Spoiler: OoC & Mechanical Things
    Show

If you wish to attempt to hear the chanting of the Loaded Gnomes, who are chanting ""Profit!" you may roll an awareness check. The DC is not impressively high. If you succeed you hear their chanting and will be able to see Johann there - if you recognize him by looks.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, thats a motherload of good news to celebrate my friends! Congratulations!", he grab something to eat and look to the minotaur, "Where is his bride? Well, I'll go there and congratulate him: it's not everyday that you see a minotaur getting married after all!"

He leave the drunken gnmes and dwarves and slowly make his way through the crowd towards the minotaur.
    Once reaching him, he open a big smile and raise yet another tankard of beer, "Congratulations, my friend! I wish you all the best in your new journey!", if allowed he gives the minotaur a handshake or a hug (if he looks more friendly).

"Ah, business. Does you have rooms for rent? Me and my companions are looking for six beds. There are two girls, so maybe they might need privacy. So, if you do... How much for a week, two rooms and six beds?"

Once he finish asking he drinks the tankard.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Diplomacy (1d20)[15] (no need if it's needed)
    Fortitude save for 4th tankard (1d20+2)[20]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Barack

Barack looks between Gloria and the dwarf and smiles warmly. "Good morning my good lady! It was for that very form that I am here, and I see that Gloria here has matters well in hand." His voice is deep, rough, and gravelly, but carries a certain natural charm. "Seeing as I'm here, though... do you know anything of the nature of this labyrinth? Any reports from others who have delved it, or any maps of the route to the entrance?" Barack leans casually against the desk as he speaks, casting a subtle wink at the dwarf.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Diplomacy - Taking 10 on Diplomacy per Naberius' Silver Tongue, for a 17.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gloria was appreciative that her momentary distraction did not stop the receptionist from doing her job quite well, and nods in appreciation as she receives the scroll from the dwarf. While concerned about the woman's injuries, Gloria was not -quite- brave enough to inquire upon them, at least at the moment.

She gives Barack a friendly smile and nod, stepping next to him and allowing him a chance to inquire a bit with the clerk, albeit with a touch of curiosity at how delightful he sounds. "Indeed, please, if there is anything that could be of us, we would gratefully appreciate it." she pipes up after him, a little less cavalier than he, and almost ready to wonder if he has a type.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    I hope the Dice Roller couldn't cause her to screw this up.
    If it could help, Diplomacy: (1d20+8)[9]. Though I think we're -supposed- to use Gather Information for this sort of thing, in which case: (1d20+4)[22].

Edit: Oh my god, please let Gather Information be what's -supposed- to be used.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2017-06-27 at 02:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Darla

Having found little success in gathering information, Darla casts about for her fellow travelers, and will join whomever is closest if they can be located.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness: (1d20+5)[11]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Khaldor was taken aback at the raucous tavern, and took some time to gather himself in his surroundings. After watching Johann down several large tankards, he decides it wouldn't hurt to partake in some merriment, as it could be his last opportunity for quite some time.

As Johann toasts the minotaur, Khaldor grabs a small glass and raises it, and shouts, "To Borsh and his bride!" After singing a few songs, and eating his fill, he starts talking and asking questions regarding the dungeon and what the people there know.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Info: (1d20+1)[4] Looking for hints at location, general attitude of people about it, and any history that may be known

19. - Top - End - #19

AssassinGuy

Tavern

Johann
    You leave your merry companions to an impromptu song of profit and platinum and make your way to the minotaur who, true to form, has the form of a humanoid and the massive horns of a bull along with a bestial build but also a deep blue coloration to its immense fur rather than the brown-yellow tan you recall reading. Its deep blue eyes consider your in silence for a moment before you see the minotaur's muzzle twist to a rough smile in response. At your questions the lumbering giant in blue takes a moment to roll his eyes in thought. Your offer for a handshake is considered but the size difference makes the giant before you reconsider lest he break your arm - and you can see enough biceps to know you would lose something in that handshake.

"Seven gold a person. Total is forty-two gold for you six," the minotaur eventually rumbles in a voice deep enough you feel it in your chest.

Spoiler: Rapid Head Math
    Show

Total of forty-two divided among six people is seven gold.
    You asked for beds for a week, so that makes for one gold a night in here.

Barack & Gloria"I wis' I could help ye, but no'body ever sells thei' map, an' th' stories only tell o' 'orribl' dungeons full of varied monsters." answers the she-dwarf to your question and spreads her hands wide. Her expression is one of consternation as well. "We only ev'r hea' tha' a group lost someon' ta monster this or tha', bu' no one recalls more an' runnin'."
    Darla
    You note Johann being out and about by the bar where he is making friends with a minotaur. You think you can get to him without too much trouble. Sadly, however, you do not learn anything of use. It seems the average person in here does not have dealings with them, or then you just found poorly informed company out of all the people in here.

Khaldor
    You have the worst of luck in this endeavour and barely get out of a drink-off between some positively nasty fellows whose surly idea of fun is insulting each other and drinking two of these monster-sized beers at one. Luckily, you see two others who came here with you out of the corner of your eye: the wizard fellow, and that one lady who did not head to the office.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"One gold per day seems more than fair", he says and take out seven gold coins, "I'll leave mine paid up front and will tell the others to pay their shares as soon as they can. Sounds ok?"

He hand the gold anyway and give the minotaur a large smile.
    "Congratulations again, man!"

He look at the crowd looking for his companions and more drinks and food.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Slag

Slag takes it all in, enjoying the party but saying very little. He watches Khaldor narrowly avoid potential danger and grins. Slag made a mental note to keep an eye on the 'gentlemen'. He was half tempted to challenge them to a drink off himself but suspect that would end with the bar being burnt to the ground tonight in the ensuing kerfuffal. Since he was planing on 'sleeping' here tonight - that might be awkward.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Barack

Barack bows in the dwarves way towards the receptionist with a friendly smile.

"Thank you for the information, kind lady. You can rest assured that I will be happy to share any information I obtain with those who support my friends and I in our journey. May the strength of stones and the stars be with you."

Barack turns to Gloria and nods towards the door before stepping towards it. "Lets go find the rest of them before they get too far into their cups to be of any use."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Johann felt great as he walked through the crowd drinking.
    Once he find someone else from his party (or at least it was his party, in his drunk head), he approaches and tell about the deal.

"Seven gold piece per head for one week of warm beds here. Pay him before going up and all is good", he says trying to recognize the girl named Gloria, "Exploration starts tomorrow".

And so he leave her and make the long drunk walk towards the room he bought, hitting the pillow hard, as his pet raven, Enigma begin to scold him for such behavior.

"You shouldnt be drinking that much, master", it speaks to him but the only answer is a loud snore.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"One moment more, please." Gloria quietly answers him, her hand gently on his shoulder before he moves too far. "Please, Ma'am," she addresses the female dwarf. "Can you remember anything, even the most minute detail about the rumors, if only about the monsters? Do they ever wander outside of their territory? Hopefully they might not be responsible for any injuries anyone in town have suffered... maybe even yours?" Gloria asks politely, a hand on her own first-aid kit as her eyes stray on the she-dwarf's reddened bandages.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    One last try on her part, even for what might be useless information. Anything could be a clue if you're well read enough. (1d20+8)[17]

Color Added. Also, gosh darn this dice-roller; I could have used that in the first place! But yes, any hint about what we might encounter first, even if just a rumor, might be useful to the PC with several points invested into knowledge skills... and I decided to be a little less subtle about her potential willingness to patch up this nameless npc we might never see again.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2017-06-30 at 06:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

As Johann explains the room situation to Khaldor, he stops him and says, "I have a problem then, as I spent nearly all my coin for my voyage here. I have but one night's stay covered in my purse. I will have to figure something out in the morn." He pays the keep, and having had some slightly disturbing encounters he feels as if it just isn't his day. He does however feel encouraged with the comrades he will soon be venturing forth with into the dungeon to decide his fate.
    Last edited by Az'rael; 2017-07-03 at 08:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Looking to Khaldor, Johann smiles and hand him 6 gold coins.

"Here, buddy. You pay me when we strike some treasure chest".

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Darla

Darla heads for Johann and Khaldor (or just Khaldor if Johann has already gone to his room.)

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

Tavern
    Your group and all its members have gathered by the bar, thus allowing everyone to see that Johann is most assuredly a little drunk as he is swaying on his feet and also has that amused air about him that all risingly drunk persons have once the booze hits that magical spot. You know two of your numbers are still in that office doing whatever it is they are doing.

Office
    Realization strikes the clerc and she snaps her finger, right before she facepalms. You can ear the force behind the slap the moment her palm connects to her face. "Oy me own brain be havin' a bou' o' stupid. We keep a watch righ' by the gate fer this sortsa reasons!"

She looks to the two of you sharply and waves you over. "See, the company dug deep enough to crack to the thing you are looking for. We cracked through some very fancy prack-hat trick, and built proper defenses there. Ask the folks there, might hire a guide even, buy whatever tools ye need or ask questions on what goes on in those black places." She offers you a smile, her confidence restored even if her countenance is literally bloody. "If'n ye need a map ta th' Gate, I'll draw ye one meself free o' charge."
    Last edited by Ruess; 2017-07-01 at 11:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Darla

Darla addresses the others, "Didn't have much luck getting info, how about you all? I can see Johann found some drinks. What's the next move?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Unfortunately I didn't have any more luck than you, as a matter of fact, those burly fellows over there seemed to take my questions as some sort of drinking challenge. Strange way to celebrate a wedding. I think I may take some time to walk around town a bit and see if we run into the rest of our colleagues." Khaldor replies to Darla.