New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default How do you imagine your adventure to be animated like?

So when playing through an adventure, we all imagine it to look in some way. It could be a gritty realistic view akin to Game of Thrones, or it could be a more toon-like look, like some anime or cartoons, or it could be some in-between look from the two.

So, how do you imagine your adventures to look to be animated like?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: How do you imagine your adventure to be animated like?

It depends on the character honestly. I have a few that I've imagined as various anime type things, typically it's the ones inspired by that. I've also had a lot where I've imagined their exploits in writing or as read in an audiobook. It tends to be whatever I think will fit the character best.
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

My DM for fun actually picks out music and writes up trailers for our campaigns. He describes little scenes and puts timestamps for me to read them at specific parts of the music and imagine it. The game we dubbed "Pirates" would probably be some (usually) gritty live action movies, with each part as long as an uncut edition of LOTR movies and he's done seperate 'trailers' for several parts now. I imagine there would be a whole lot of CGi in it

Witch's Tail (yes I used the right tail, its a pun) would be some amusing lighthearted reverse harem type anime, with occasional horrifyingly scary parts in it that look like they have a higher budget than everything else combined. He likes to even do anime-style recaps at the start of each session

"Venus" would be some 80s sci fi cyberpunk movie.

Our latest pokemon one would be anime, but more mature anime instead of the anime meant for little kids that the real one is.

I'm unsure about our other games, but those are the ones that come to mind the most.

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

4. - Top - End - #4

South Park

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

It depends on the game, really. A while ago we were playing a serious game and all our characters had familiar-type animal buddies, so in my head everything was realistic EXCEPT for one character's giant spider familiar, which (in order not to terrify my arachnophobic self) was rendered as a chibi-style anime spider, complete with blinking noises.

6. - Top - End - #6

When playing Dark Heresy I imagine the game visualized like the images in the codecies and a lot of the artwork online.

When playing Traveller, I imagine it like produced like Darkstar or Star Trek, with aliens made from beach balls or just humans dressed strangely.
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2017-07-05 at 02:50 PM.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I don'[t imagine my games animated, I imagine them live-acted.

Live-acted with the unsettling 48 frames per second of the Hobbit movies, and a thick layer of Beowulf-esque CG.
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Torchbearer game I'm playing would be either live-action, or photorealistic CGI a la big-budget modern western CRPGs like The Witcher 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The Masks game I'm playing would be in the style of Young Justice.

The Fire Emblem game I'm running on here with Fate Core would be anime, in the style of the 2D character portraits from the recent video games.

The game of my homebrew Mecha World system I'm playing on here would also be anime, but with a much more realistic style characterized by a washed-out color palette, possibly with CGI for mecha scenes.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

1970s Hanna Barbara but all the characters are clearly voiced by one guy poorly attempting multiple voices. And he's probably drunk.

...Just kidding. I actually imagine something fairly cartoony in the vein of some sort of action show, like Avatar: The Last Airbender or Wakfu. Mainly because I have a cartoon kind of brain.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

All photorealism, all the time. Granted, it's a photorealistic style that has a tendency to see use depicting starships, dragons, fantasy architecture, space pirates, superheroes, and other things that typically don't show up in photorealism - but I visualize things as if I was seeing them in real life, much the way I do when reading a book. TOON and the like would have exceptions made for them, but they've also not been played.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I'm a fan of the classics.

I always imagine my character's adventures looking something like this...