New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Superhero music help

so im looking for music in the background to play for a superhero game. now this is vary much a gotham/arrow type of game where the city isnt in the best of shapes, worse ruled by the criminals and not the good guys. im needing music for combat, sad or intesne moments and alike. what i dont want is to pick like the wonder woman main theme, or like the arrow and flashes main theme. now if its something from them i dont mind as long as it doesnt go through someones head as "da-na-nanana batman".

if im just needing help in my search. so if you know of a good place to look or the best way to search it up pls let me know.

(but dont just say "go to youtube" cuz my face be like this (-_-))
    mother always said "STAND BEHIND BRAUM" walks... BOOM!!! "ally has been slain" uooh thats gotta sting.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Superhero music help

For dark and gritty supers games, I recommend the Dark Knight soundtrack. However, any action movie soundtrack will work fine unless it's very iconic. There's even some royalty-free stuff out there. For a futuristic sci-fi sort of feel (which suits some supers games) I recommend the Civilization V: Beyond Earth soundtrack. Just a reminder that you will have to purchase these by yourself as it is against forum policy to post links to copywrited material.
    Currently RPG group playing: Endworld (D&D 5e. A Homebrewed post-apocalyptic supplement.)

My campaign settings: Azura; 10,000 CE | The Frozen Seas | Bloodstones (Paleolithic Horror) | AEGIS - The School for Superhero Children | Iaphela (5e, Elder Scrolls)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

the theme of the game is hub city, a city that is worse than gotham, so bad that gotham would look like a vacation spot for the people who live here. if that helps with my search
    mother always said "STAND BEHIND BRAUM" walks... BOOM!!! "ally has been slain" uooh thats gotta sting.

4. - Top - End - #4

In that case, what about picking less recognisable tracks from things like Sin City and Blade Runner? Maybe Dark City as well if you can find the soundtrack.

5. - Top - End - #5

You can find a lot of Dr. Dre productions as instrumentals.
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

I reccommend the music of GWAR and Insane Clown Posse, especially ICP
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2017-07-04 at 11:13 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)