A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 485
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Nefarion Xid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Almas

    Somehow, any mention of the one-hundred-and-fifty feet stone statue of Cayden Cailean had escaped Alessandra. At least it hadn't been included in the 4708 A Guide to Andoran: What is Democracy Anyway? Standing on a rocky hill to the west of the capital city, the colossus was the tallest structure around, save for the bell tower of the university across the river, which was on a loftier hill. Cayden regarded Cheliax with a smirk and a deceptively casual fencing stance. His rapier was pointed dead at Egorian if Alessandra guessed correctly.

    There was little activity aboard the Minx as the ship glided into the harbor, save for the usual ten hands making ready to make port. The impressed mutters about the gneiss god faded as the city drew closer. "It's ... dirtier than I expected. They told me the streets were all bronze," said an old man.

    "All cities are dirty, tată. You do not cram this many people together and keep the streets white."
    The lean Varisian sell-sword was blunt with his assessments of the world, but overwhelmingly corrected.

    Most of these people were fleeing Korvosa, or at least its ever increasing reach. While Queen Ileosa had yet to overtly threaten Magnimar, many didn't suppose she'd give the courtesy before the crimson sails of her new navy appeared on the horizon and locked down the entire peninsula. Rumors claimed she'd already felled half the Ashwood in the years since she took power. Thankfully, an armada to match Ileosa's ambitions took more than a decade to build. Logistics were on the side of the people of the west for now. All the same, Captain Thalin had privately confided they'd been lucky to evade her privateers. That certainly explained the pair of mercenaries, the lean one with his twin short swords and the stout one with the axe -- Alessandra's discounted fare as well.

    The docks were a roiling mob when the Minx put in. Little wonder. This city was five times the size of Magnimar and an a real trade hub on the Inner Sea. At least they'd docked on the nicer side of town. The piers across the river looked like a mugging dozen crimes waiting to happen.

    "The Pathfinder's Lodge and the University both are visible from Concord," Thalin offered helpfully as Alessandra collected her things. "Lovely stretch of mall with cherry trees on both sides. Shame they won't be in bloom yet. All the nice inns are along that way as well. Hope you find what you're looking for, Miss di Orsinesca."

    Thread 1: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Fame-2-Belhaim
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2017-07-04 at 10:18 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Othniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Somewhere cold.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Cassandra

    "Conall, wake up Hammerhead, but don't hurt him." Cassandra growled slightly, angry at the dwarf for falling victim to a mere sleep spell. Then she held up her focus once more and called down divine fire.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Conall 5' steps to HH and wakes him up by licking his face. With his barbed tongue. And nipping him gently.

    Cassandra...casts Flame Strike on R3 for (9d6)[22] damage, half divine and half flame. DC 20 reflex save for half.
    CL check, if necessary: (1d20+9)[14]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Lord Of Mantas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Epipelagic Zone
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Hammerhead

    "Wha?.."

    Hammerhead opened his eyes, his head sunk deep into the tall spring grass, as he felt a large paw - Conall, he realized - digging into the side. Shaking his head, he looked up.

    And promptly remembered where he was. Namely, having fallen under the influence of a sleep spell, and directly in the path of a couple of warped undead fey riding on phantasmal steeds, at the behest of the aunt of a reclusive fey prince who wanted to kill off the entire population of the lumber village in northern Andoran where they were currently visiting.

    And he no longer had a grip on his weapon, on account of having dropped it when he had fallen under the influence of the spell.

    "Well, bollocks."
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-07-04 at 09:09 PM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

    Avatar of Kotka done by Ceika!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Almas

    Somehow, any mention of the one-hundred-and-fifty feet stone statue of Cayden Cailean had escaped Alessandra. At least it hadn't been included in the 4708 A Guide to Andoran: What is Democracy Anyway? Standing on a rocky hill to the west of the capital city, the colossus was the tallest structure around, save for the bell tower of the university across the river, which was on a loftier hill. Cayden regarded Cheliax with a smirk and a deceptively casual fencing stance. His rapier was pointed dead at Egorian if Alessandra guessed correctly.

    There was little activity aboard the Minx as the ship glided into the harbor, save for the usual ten hands making ready to make port. The impressed mutters about the gneiss god faded as the city drew closer. "It's ... dirtier than I expected. They told me the streets were all bronze," said an old man.

    "All cities are dirty, tată. You do not cram this many people together and keep the streets white."
    The lean Varisian sell-sword was blunt with his assessments of the world, but overwhelmingly corrected.

    Most of these people were fleeing Korvosa, or at least its ever increasing reach. While Queen Ileosa had yet to overtly threaten Magnimar, many didn't suppose she'd give the courtesy before the crimson sails of her new navy appeared on the horizon and locked down the entire peninsula. Rumors claimed she'd already felled half the Ashwood in the years since she took power. Thankfully, an armada to match Ileosa's ambitions took more than a decade to build. Logistics were on the side of the people of the west for now. All the same, Captain Thalin had privately confided they'd been lucky to evade her privateers. That certainly explained the pair of mercenaries, the lean one with his twin short swords and the stout one with the axe -- Alessandra's discounted fare as well.

    The docks were a roiling mob when the Minx put in. Little wonder. This city was five times the size of Magnimar and an a real trade hub on the Inner Sea. At least they'd docked on the nicer side of town. The piers across the river looked like a mugging dozen crimes waiting to happen.

    "The Pathfinder's Lodge and the University both are visible from Concord," Thalin offered helpfully as Alessandra collected her things. "Lovely stretch of mall with cherry trees on both sides. Shame they won't be in bloom yet. All the nice inns are along that way as well. Hope you find what you're looking for, Miss di Orsinesca."


    Almas, The Minkaian Minx -> Docks
    Alessandra

    Sadly, those certainly thug-infested piers looked all-too-familiar to a woman who'd spent her formative years a stone's throw from the Dusk Market's stomping grounds and half of her adventuring career cavorting with the Szcarni in Underbridge. Well, mostly one particular Szcarni, but that's a different story entirely. The sheer size of Almas did nothing for her; perhaps it seemed enormous to the Magnimar natives aboard, but it was smaller still than Westcrown.

    Though...there is something to be said for majesty. And hope! The people of Almas looked hopeful and proud. Westcrown didn't have that: The Wiscrani were certainly proud, but underneath that mask they knew that they had little left to be proud of. No doubt the situation had only worsened in the intervening years, if half of the rumors held true. Something about Iomedae and a Glorious Reclamation, followed by decisive Thrune reprisal? Bah. Alessandra had paid less attention to Chelaxian affairs than she'd have liked, with the public's attention so clearly fixed on Korvosa. Not that Korvosa wasn't worthy of attention. Quite the opposite!

    Alessandra stared blankly at the vaguely-criminal piers across the water for several seconds before she registered that Thalin had been trying to speak to her. Unable to hide her distraction but willing to fake it, she tilted her head in his direction and put on a smile. "Do I detect a hint of worry, Captain?" A joke. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking to myself. Politics." She laughed bitterly, turning her gaze back to the shinier parts of Almas. "A bit of deja vu too, I suppose."

    She slung her trusty haversack over her shoulder and glanced toward the churning crowds. "I was planning on heading to the Field of Concord first, maybe visiting the Archstone. I'll be fine, Captain." As if to emphasize it, she chose that moment to fully don her armored coat. "...But thanks. You stay safe out there, alright? I'm going to be cross if I have to go rescue you from privateers to get passage anywhere!"

    Another joke. She laughed her way down the gangplank.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2017-07-05 at 05:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Normal Avatar by Thormag!


    Earthbound Immortal Uru avatar by Strawberries

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Margot

    The witch locked eyes with the rider as she steered Crocker towards him. She kept him high, and yelled down at him, "Why are you here? Has Ambrosia allied herself with the Witch-Queen?"
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.
    Avatar Designed by EmersonTung, Recreated by Gengy

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Nefarion Xid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Carnival

    The lead rider seemed the only one who wanted to make conversation. He spoke with a rasping voice far louder than the withered corpse had a right to as he trudged through the expanse of taffy. "Damn the Witch! Damn all your kind! Your presence is an anathema! This world was not made for you!"

    Whatever hate these things felt for humans, it didn't seem to dull their tactics. The third rider charged for Hammerhead, glaive set low. His skeletal stag followed up with a thrashing from his horns. It wasn't anything the stalwart dwarf couldn't handle. Meanwhile the second rider raised his gauntlet towards the cauldron and repeated his spell. Luckily, he chose one of the illusory cauldrons and made his displeasure known with a chilling hiss. With Hammerhead engaged in melee, the lead rider tried to put him down with Deep Slumber.

    Spoiler: Hammerhead Will Save
    Show
    (1d20)[5]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Othniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Somewhere cold.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Cassandra

    "Ugh. Conall, wake Hammerhead up again." Cassandra sighed at the inconvenience of it all, and then she pointed her finger at the Rider just to the north.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Conall is gonna full attack R3, but leave the last claw attack to wake up HH.

    Bite: (1d20+15)[26]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[26]
    Confirm: (1d20+15)[22]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[21]

    Claw 1: (1d20+14)[32]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[13]
    Confirm: (1d20+14)[30]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[15]

    Claw 2 (for HH): (1d20+14)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[13]

    Cassandra is casting Baleful Polymorph on R2. CL check: (1d20+9)[16]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Margot

    With a lurch Crocker moved forward and lost altitude allowing Margot to reach the rider to their left with her magic. She waggled one finger at the rider as she cast her slumber hex.

    Spoiler: Things
    Show

    Moved Crocker, dropped altitude to 25ft
    Slumber hex on R2, DC 19, no SR because (Su)
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.
    Avatar Designed by EmersonTung, Recreated by Gengy

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Nefarion Xid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Carnival

    The second rider continued to pace beneath the cauldron, attempting to subdue the women with his spells. The lead rider merely opted to strike across the field and stab Hammerhead. The blow glanced off his armor. Meanwhile the third used his glaive to flick the dwarf's fallen warhammer up to his free hand and then hurl the weapon into the mass of laffy taffy with a cruel chuckle.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Lord Of Mantas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Epipelagic Zone
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Hammerhead

    Hammerhead glared daggers at the rider.

    "I am going to get you for that."

    However, knowing that he could not do anything productive without a weapon, for the moment, he opted to kick himself up and fly away magically, dodging as he did so.

    "Cassandra! If you still have that other weapon, now would be a good time!"

    Even if it saps my strength slightly, it's better than being unarmed.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Hammerhead withdraws to BR 22and is now 25 feet up.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

    Avatar of Kotka done by Ceika!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Othniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Somewhere cold.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Cassandra

    Things were going worse, but Cassandra doggedly continued the fight, while Conall kept up at it on the ground.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cassandra tries again with Flame Strike on R3, but she also piloted Crocker for Margot because she's doing Witchy things.
    CL check: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage: (9d6)[24] half fire, half divine. DC 20 reflex save for half.

    Conall is going to full attack R3

    Bite: (1d20+15)[27]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[18]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+15)[29]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[23]

    Claw 1: (1d20+14)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[15]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+14)[29]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[18]

    Claw 2: (1d20+14)[31]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[15]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+14)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[14]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Nefarion Xid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Arthfell

    After resting and attempting to clear their minds, the party pressed deeper into the woods. For two hours, the Arthfell grew denser and wilder still. Nearing the heart of the forest, Elias could only suppose that some of the trees were millennia old. The ancient darkwoods grew nearly fifteen feet wide and a hundred feet tall. Their dense clusters of broad spade-shaped leaves cast a daunting penumbra on the forest floor. In places, swatches of briar stretched out of sight, forcing the party to waste several minutes walking around. Hacking through with Kiyoko's adamantine problem solver saved little time and proved exhausting as the patches were sometimes thirty feet thick.

    Three times they came across another standing stone, but these bore a carved message in a language none of the party understood. Ellarie supposed they were meant as warnings for the previous inhabitants of Andoran, before the Taldan expansion. The message was clear though: humans weren't welcome here.

    Almas

    The black haired dwarf shook his head and let out a sad sigh as he walked with Alessandra down to the dock. "Don't think we'll risk going back. There's plenty of trade to be done right here in the Inner Sea. I don't need Varisia's grief or her privateers. Magnimar alone, eh? Every time I dock there I have some mate take up with a gang or get himself murdered in a brothel. No. Thank. You. I've made my wee fortune. I'll be happy to spend the rest of my seafaring bouncing around from between Cheliax and Absalom. Maybe I'll sell the Minx and visit my old mate here in Andoran. He's got a nice place on the river."

    Coming down behind Alessandra and the dwarf were the Varisian cousins, the wiry one and the one built like a house. "Captain," interrupted the one Alessandra had called Seraf, "As you are so well traveled, would you be so kind of to direct us to the inn with the fluffiest pillows that could possibly come from a goose's ass? Also a place with the fruity drinks with the pineapple and the teeny umbrellas. If they could also be served inside a coconut, that would delight us."

    Cousin Tobar brightened up and clasped his hands together hopefully.

    Thalin laughed. "Almas is hardly tropical. I don't think they have coconuts here, lads. The Pointy End may be the nicest inn in the city though. You'll find that on the east end of the mall. Why don't you go with Miss di Orsinesca. It's a big city and the roads are a mess; I'm afraid you lads may get lost."

    They scoffed, but followed Alessandra with an expectant look all the same.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2017-07-06 at 05:48 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PepperP.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West Siiiiide!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Ellarie

    Ellarie's hand ran along the etchings in the standing stone, the surface of the rock cool and slightly rough beneath her fingers.

    "We don't really belong here." Her voice was hushed amidst the oppressive majesty of the ancient forest.

    "Humans, I mean. The stones were warnings, I'm sure of it. Stay out. They've probably been here for centuries, but I don't think we're any more welcomed now than the old Andorans were then. So... we're probably on the right trail. That's good, right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jade_Tarem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Kiyoko

    "Only if he shows up," the warrior responded, drily. "This is the least aggressive militant druid I've ever heard of." She too ran her hand along the engravings. "Ancient warnings of the dangers of trespassing. Has this ever stopped anyone? I mean really, have either of you heard the tale of the brave adventurers who saw the 'keep out' sign and went home?"
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PepperP.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West Siiiiide!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Ellarie

    Ellarie's lips quirked into a smile at her friend's words.

    "No, but I fear most tales of adventure are highly exaggerated. Would you believe ours? A dragon with an identity disorder. A fake Count who rises from the grave. A plot to overthrow the government. And a devilish gentleman somehow behind the whole thing? What nonsense. Who would ever spin a tale of encountering a scary standing stone and running away? It just couldn't compete."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Almas, Docks
    Alessandra

    Alessandra nodded understandingly as Thalin spoke. She couldn't really blame him for wanting to avoid the area, all things considered. "What can I say? I think a sailor ought to know what floats his boat better than I do." She nodded sagely, willfully ignoring the verbal abomination she'd just unleashed.

    Seraf seemed familiar somehow. Had they met at some point before sailing together? His cousin too. Maybe he was Szcarni, she'd met a lot of Szcarni in the last five years, and most of their faces kinda started to blur together. Maybe she was just being a little racist? No, those fancy swords definitely appeared in her memory somewhere, even if she couldn't quite place them. She faked a wide grin in the sellswords' direction. "I'm rarely asked to babysit, you know! For some reason, the parents always look at each other in worriment when I offer. Very well, gentlemen. Onward, to pineapple drinks and the finest of goose-ass-pillows!" She posed, throwing a finger in air to emphasize the point.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    ...So, is Alessandra reasonably confident she can find The Pointy End? The inn, I mean. I'm reasonably confident she's figured out stabbing at this point.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2017-07-06 at 07:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Normal Avatar by Thormag!


    Earthbound Immortal Uru avatar by Strawberries

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheDarkDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Elias

    The young wizard had grown progressively less interested in the forest the more time they traversed its wilds. In Elias' mind, the magnificent trees would have been more impressive once turned into paper for proper books. However, the stelae drew his attention, and as they stopped for a breather he stooped to examine the latest one. Half listening to Kiyoko and Ellarie's conversation, he flashed a slight smile.

    "If anything, I'd think that would make the old tales more credible. Before I met either of you, I might have looked askance at tales of three adventurers traversing an ancient thicket in pursuit of a lord of nature. Now?"

    He shrugged.

    Spoiler: Linguistics
    Show
    Linguistics check to attempt to decipher the stela text.

    (1d20+25)[43]

    I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

    If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PepperP.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West Siiiiide!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Ellarie

    Ellarie laughed quietly before turning her attention back to the stones.

    "Well if they aren't going to tell us anything useful, it's up to the crows. I'm about ready to burn this place down."
    She sighed in annoyance of their so far futile search for the Druid and then cast Commune with Birds, this time from memory.

    "Where is the one known as the Bloody Stag right now?" She sent her query into the trees and clasped her hands in front of her, patiently waiting for a reply.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2017-07-07 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Nefarion Xid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Arthfell

    After Ellarie cast her spell, minutes passed in silence. Then, one by one, birds began to filter down through the dark canopy and assemble on the branches nearby. A hawk, a great-horned owl, several mocking birds, five sparrows, a woodpecker and a pair of mated cardinals all sat together, chirping and shrieking rapidly at each other to come to some consensus on the matter.

    The owl, evidently the best informed of the birds, finally quieted the others and regarded Ellarie below. "There is a man with black eyes and antlers like a stag. He rules here. All the fey follow him. Many druids too. Your Stag roams the forest heart with others. They gather at night. Many seek his counsel. Look for the bonfire. In the light of the fire, all creatures can meet in peace."

    Almas

    Alessandra found that cities were more alike than they were different. It was simple enough to lead the way through the winding streets to the mile-long mall on Concord. As promised, neat rows of cherry trees lined each side of the wide white limestone road. The Pointy End was a clever enough name for the inn as it lay on the 30 degree intersection of the mall and a side road. The building was sandwiched in there and the narrow, pointy end made for a slightly claustrophobic tea room/solarium while the rest of the inn extended comfortably a ways back. A handsomely painted signboard showed Cayden Cailean brandishing his rapier with a glittery tip.

    Once inside, the sell-swords made straight for the tavern area, only to be told that liquor could not be served until 5 PM. As Alessandra entered, she noticed the older couple sitting in the tea room start slightly and look expectantly at the door, only to shake their heads in disappointment. As they were the only people in at this too-early-for-dinner hour, she could study them at a glance without being rude.

    The man had dark reddish skin and a broad nose -- possibly from Katapesh. He had plump cheeks and wore a permanently pleasant look despite his mix of dismay and concern at the moment. His beard and hair were cotton in texture and color and he wore a large gold band on his left ear. A pack rested by his chair with an impressive adamantine warhammer hanging from a loop. A breastplate could be seen beneath his red wool coat.

    His companion looked to be a Chelish woman of the upper class with thin lips and no laugh lines. She wore diamond ear studs and had her grey hair pulled up in a tight bun. Under her white pashmina, Alessandra could see that her brocaded black silk jacket was actually serviceable armor as it concealed supple leather between the layers. Both the man and woman looked to be in there mid sixties, perhaps nearing seventy.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2017-07-07 at 07:49 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PepperP.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West Siiiiide!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Ellarie

    Ellarie nodded her thanks to the great-horned owl and turned to the others.

    "They say the Bloody Stag will be at a bonfire tonight. Along with several other druids and fey. They say, "In the light of the fire, all creatures can meet in peace." What do you think? Shall we give it a shot?" She frowned and rubbed her chin,

    "Come to think of it, I don't remember why they wanted the Bloody Stag dead, only that they were willing to pay very well for it to be so."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Almas, The Pointy End
    Alessandra

    Alessandra idly wondered for a moment how the Gods felt about their images being used as a form of advertisement. Well, Cayden was probably happy to appear in effigy wherever there were people drinking. Still.

    The couple -- or perhaps simply a pair, romantic entanglement would be an assumption -- certainly caught her eye, however. Their reaction was indicative of something, though precisely what she couldn't be quite sure. They looked well-armed: Adventurers, no doubt, or else fighters of some other sort. Or perhaps they were just a pair of wealthy elderly people who looked the part. She briefly considered sitting down and surreptitiously observing them, but that would require keeping her mouth shut - and squandering the opportunity afforded by the pair's reaction.

    "Goodness, do you both seem unhappy to see me. Is it the hair? I just sailed in, you see, and the salt spray does terrible, terrible things. Or were you just expecting someone taller?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Alessandra is going to go ahead and hose them down with Detect Magic, just because she can. Psychic spells are purely mental, so there's no indication that she's doing anything other than speaking. Current Spellcraft bonus is +19 to identify stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Normal Avatar by Thormag!


    Earthbound Immortal Uru avatar by Strawberries

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Margot

    As Crocker rounded over the collapsing third rider Margot worked at picking apart the magic protecting the lead, now dismounted, rider.

    Spoiler: rollin
    Show

    Caster level check
    (1d20+7)[15]

    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.
    Avatar Designed by EmersonTung, Recreated by Gengy

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Nefarion Xid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Carnival

    The third rider, nearly torn apart by Conall's bite, remained upright in his war saddle, motionless except for the occasional pained jerk as his bones knit back together. Their leader hissed out a spell and summoned a new phantasmal steed to his service, which he swiftly mounted. "These fools are a distraction! Let us away!" he commanded his fellows in ancient Sylvan.

    The second rider consented, moving towards the carnival's ice wall, but hurled a final spell at Conall before departing.

    The third stag obeyed the call of their leader and moved to carry his rider to safety, but Conall swiftly relieved him of his burden. With a bite and a shake, the fey's body shattered in Conall's mouth. A moment later the stag that bore him followed in death, suddenly spraying into a shower of bone and ice.

    With the riders in retreat, Margot looked for Hammerhead's weapon among the pink taffy and found it disappeared.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2017-07-07 at 10:31 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Othniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Somewhere cold.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Cassandra

    "Finish that one off, Conall!" Cassandra ordered before pointing her finger at the furthest Rider and calling down a bolt of lightning toward the ground underneath. After that, she concentrated on piloting Crocker where Margot directed.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Call Lightning @ the spot right underneath R2 and his steed, hitting them both for (3d10)[12] Lightning damage. Assuming I pass SR with this CL Check: (1d20+9)[17]

    Conall is going to charge + pounce at R1.

    Bite Attack: (1d20+17)[33]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[22]
    Confirm: (1d20+17)[20]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[20]

    Claw 1: (1d20+16)[31]
    Damage: [roll]18+10[/roll]
    Confirm: (1d20+16)[31]
    Damage: [roll]18+10[/roll]

    Claw 2: (1d20+16)[19]
    Damage: [roll]18+10[/roll]
    Confirm: (1d20+16)[30]
    Damage: [roll]18+10[/roll]
    Last edited by Othniel; 2017-07-07 at 11:04 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Lord Of Mantas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Epipelagic Zone
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Hammerhead

    Before Cassandra departed, Hammerhead grabbed the scimitar from her belt (trying to be careful not to get 'handsy' by accident) and looked around.

    The riders are retreating. No way I can catch up with them, not at my speed.

    "Wait... where is Last Word?!"


    Hammerhead dove down to where he had last seen his hammer.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+12)[29]
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-07-08 at 08:55 AM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

    Avatar of Kotka done by Ceika!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jade_Tarem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Kiyoko

    "Pretty sure they wanted the Stag because he's the ringleader of the attacks on the town. Or so they say."
    The tiefling ruminated on the bonfire. "A neutral location. Well, I guess we can see what he has to say. You realize if he goes hostile we'll be facing half the forest at once, right? And the birds said all creatures can meet in peace, not that they could necessarily leave in peace... assuming you didn't paraphrase."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PepperP.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West Siiiiide!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Ellarie

    Ellarie shook her head and looked thoughtful.

    "No, they didn't say anything about leaving. Still, it seems like this is our best chance to learn what's really going on with the wolf attacks." She turned to Elias,

    "I hope you have a Teleport in the tank. We should all stay close in case we need to make a swift exit."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheDarkDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Elias

    Disappointed that the monolith had failed to reveal any deeper secret, Elias had waited patiently why Ellarie's spell did its work. Unable to understand the cacophonous debate of the surrounding birds, he tried to imagine what it must have sounded like for the skald. It was a silly fantasy, but it served to pass the time until she relayed their message.

    "Indeed, he is supposedly the ringleader behind the attacks. Of course, to offer so much...I have little doubt there is more to the story. We should attend this conclave - perhaps more answers await us there. But if we do so, it will be without a waiting Teleport to carry us from harm."

    I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

    If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Nefarion Xid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Almas

    The older Chelish woman smiled faintly at Alessandra's joke. "We had hoped you were an old friend," she said, revealing an appropriately cosmopolitan accent. It's possible she'd grown up in Absalom.

    "I'm afraid he's four hours late at this point."

    "He was always so punctual, our Taergan,"
    said the man with the warhammer, giving Alessandra the affectionate smile of someone who likes making friends out of strangers.

    The woman had been appraising Alessandra with the same attention to detail she was giving the pair. "You wouldn't mind me asking if you're acquainted with a Master Taergan Flinn, would you, dear?"

    Spoiler: Alessandra
    Show
    You don't recognize the name. It's possible he's elven or half elven, going by the name. But there are plenty of humans with vaguely elven sounding names.

    You see that the pair are decked with magic items. The warhammer is magical, as is the man's breastplate. He has two potions under his coat. The woman's leather jacket is enchanted, so is the rapier behind the table and her beautiful wool scarf. She also has two potions in a hip pouch.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PepperP.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    West Siiiiide!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

    Ellarie

    Ellarie's face crinkled as she contemplated the long walk out of the Arthfell.

    "Well, I suppose that means we'll just have to play nice."
    Speaking of long walks...

    "Hold tight, I'm going to see if I can tell just how much farther we have to go before we reach the center of these woods, I'd guess we have about three more hours until nightfall." Ell activated her boots and flew up towards the treeline, trying to get above the forest canopy in order to gauge just how far they had left to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •