New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VI - Wrecan: "I like counting things"

I don't know looks gray to me. It's the one with the full helmet, back right, not the scull cap.
    You found the secret message! Don't forget to edit the wiki!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VI - Wrecan: "I like counting things"

Quote Originally Posted by knag View Post
    I don't know looks gray to me. It's the one with the full helmet, back right, not the scull cap.
    The one on the left is brown, the one on the right is grey/black.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

3. - Top - End - #453
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    The one on the left is brown, the one on the right is grey/black.
    Yeah the one on the left is Clan Whiterock Male Guard.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, that one I recognized.

This Council of Elders' Guard always seemed to have a dark brown beard to me.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

5. - Top - End - #455
    Orc in the Playground

#1179: Bodyguard with Knight Helmet, Bodyguard with Side Shave, Durkon, High Priest of Balder, High Priest of Fenrir, High Priest of Freyr, High Priest of Loki, High Priest of Mani, High Priest of Sunna, High Priestess of Freya, High Priestess of Frigg, High Priestess of Hel, High Priestess of Hermod, High Priestess of Hoder, High Priestess of Njord, High Priestess of Odin, High Priestess of Sif, High Priestess of Skadi, Janna, Logann, Logann's Sister, Rubyrock, Shirra, Sigdi, Thirden, Tinna, Vaarsuvius

Haven't seen the godsmoot set in a while! #1003 for the bodyguard looking for shower, #1002 for the High Priestess of Njord

#1180: Belkar, Durkon, Firuk Blackore, Logann, Logann's Sister, Minrah, Mr. Scruffy, Roy, Shirra's Husband, Sigdi, Vaarsuvius
    Last edited by knag; 2019-09-16 at 10:44 AM. Reason: #1180

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

#1181: Durkon, Hylgia, Kudzu

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

#1182: Belkar, Firuk Blackore, Mr. Scruffy, Roy

8. - Top - End - #458
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

#1183: Blackwing, Cedrik, Lee, Nero, Qarr, Shirra, Vaarsuvius
    Quote Originally Posted by godsflunky View Post
    It'll be a wild ride, and I can't wait to see all the twists and turns, but we'll be fine.

This is gonna be great.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I was curious: is there a place where other things the characters have done are counted?

Specifically, I was wondering if anyone has a tally for how often each character has broken the 4th wall. Thought it would be interesting to see the numbers

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I was curious: is there a place where other things the characters have done are counted?

Specifically, I was wondering if anyone has a tally for how often each character has broken the 4th wall. Thought it would be interesting to see the numbers
    We don't have a count, but I do an annotation which calls out things like that.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

We used to have a place where we counted how many times Belkar invented nicknames, but then we got bored counting so it fell past the thread necromancy limit.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rollin View Post
    #1183: Blackwing, Cedrik, Lee, Nero, Qarr, Shirra, Vaarsuvius
    And don't forget the brave sparkly boys doomed to flutter into oblivion...

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

The magic thread indexes all of the uses of magic in the comic. This is in the process of being cross-indexed with the wiki Categories pages, which also keep track of spell use, e.g. Category:Uses Fireball. Other things like bardic music, sneak attacks, and halfing rage leaping attacks are similarly categorized. Breaking the fourth wall is not currently a category in the wiki, but it could be if you want it to!
    Last edited by knag; 2019-10-25 at 09:55 AM. Reason: additional info

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by knag View Post
    The magic thread indexes all of the uses of magic in the comic. This is in the process of being cross-indexed with the wiki Categories pages, which also keep track of spell use, e.g. Category:Uses Fireball. Other things like bardic music, sneak attacks, and halfing rage leaping attacks are similarly categorized. Breaking the fourth wall is not currently a category in the wiki, but it could be if you want it to!
    Speaking of, I need to revive that thread. Oy.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

15. - Top - End - #465
    Orc in the Playground

#1184: Durkon, Minrah, Rogo, Sigdi

16. - Top - End - #466
    Bugbear in the Playground

#1185: Belkar Bitterleaf, Durkon Thundersheild, Elan, Firuk Blackore, Haley Starshine, Hilgya Firehelm, Hoskin, Kudzu, Logann Brightstone, Minrah Elle Shaleshoe, Mr. Scruffy, Roy Greenhilt, Shirra Copperbottom, Sigdi Thundershield, Thirden, Tinna, Vaarsuvius
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Is it time to consider a new thread curator? Martianmister said she'd be back to update the thread by the end of August, and it's now well into November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

18. - Top - End - #468

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Is it time to consider a new thread curator? Martianmister said she'd be back to update the thread by the end of August, and it's now well into November.
    Her profile says "Last Activity 2019-08-26 12:19 PM ".

I instigated the last attempt to find a new curator. She turned up at the last moment just in time to keep control. So I shall say no more. I hope her research and life is going well.
    Ever wondered how many games are mentioned in the comic? I have listed them all in a geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...es-order-stick

19. - Top - End - #469
    Orc in the Playground

I do think there's got to be some limit after which we're forced to find a new curator. My personal feeling is to give her a little more time. Has anyone DM'd her to ask?

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    We used to have a place where we counted how many times Belkar invented nicknames, but then we got bored counting so it fell past the thread necromancy limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Speaking of, I need to revive that thread. Oy.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Keep in mind part of the Forum Rules on thread necromancy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    Thread Necromancy
    Bringing a thread back from "the dead." If a thread hasn't been posted in within the last 45 days, don't reply to it. Start a new topic, if you want to discuss the subject (you are welcome to link to the old thread). If you think it would be better to resurrect an old thread, PM a moderator for that subforum and wait for approval.
    That's not to say all such requests will be approved, but it's certainly possible, if you think it would be better than starting a new thread. I even amended my signature a while back to that effect for a specific thread.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Humanist View Post
    Her profile says "Last Activity 2019-08-26 12:19 PM ".

I instigated the last attempt to find a new curator. She turned up at the last moment just in time to keep control. So I shall say no more. I hope her research and life is going well.
    As the guy who was going to be the new curator after the last attempt (and who would still be interested in the job if it opened up again), I agree that we don't want to go through that again.

I think we should wait at least until the end of the year before deciding to select a new curator. Given the likely hiatus after Utterly Dwarfed is completed, I don't think that should be an issue.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, given that this book is about to end, I think the thread can get away without having a curator for a while yet.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Speaking of unupdated threads, I'm seeing close to half of the character portraits on page 1 (where appearances are listed) as broken-graphic blotches, while the rest look just fine. Is this just my computer being fussy, or is anyone else seeing this too?
    Last edited by 2.5 cats; 2019-11-12 at 11:15 AM.

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by 2.5 cats View Post
    Speaking of unupdated threads, I'm seeing close to half of the character portraits on page 1 (where appearances are listed) as broken-graphic blotches, while the rest look just fine. Is this just my computer being fussy, or is anyone else seeing this too?
    Most of the smilies are being hosted by photo bucket, which currently blurs out images appearing on other sites such as this one, so thats why they're blurred out (imgur has also blocked us I believe but several browsers just ignore this, which is why more than just the 13 forum smilies we have here work).
    Show

I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

#1186: Andromeda, Bandana, Belkar, Blackwing, Carol, Durkon, Elan, Haley, Kwesi, Mateo, Minrah, Ozzie, Mr. Scruffy, Roy, Vaarsuvius

#1187: Belkar, Blackwing, Durkon, Elan, Haley, Minrah, Mr. Scruffy, Roy, Vaarsuvius

#1188: Andromeda, Bag of Tricks Rat, Bandana, Belkar, Blackwing, Carol, Durkon, Elan, Felix, Haley, "Hors D'Oeuvres", Minrah, Roy, Vaarsuvius. (Hors D'Oeurves callback from #174!)
    edit: I see that Hors D'Oeuvres is now listed as Bag of Tricks Weasel. Not sure when that change was made, but I seem to recall that in earlier incarnations of this thread it was given that name because that's what the ogre who ate it said it was. Interesting also that in 174 it was no longer living in Roy's bag of tricks, but now seems to have reconciled with him. I, for one, look forward to the spinoff comic, "Adventures of Hors D'Oeuvres", which delves into what happened to it in the interim and how it came to rejoin the Order and its Bag of Tricks mates.
    Last edited by knag; 2019-11-29 at 10:33 PM. Reason: #1187, 1188, Hors D'Oeuvres

26. - Top - End - #476

What will we call the mysterious voices in 1189? While the second one only has one page the green voice has two pages so qualifies to be included, so, Mysterious Green Voice?
    Oh and for 1189;

Demon Roaches, Greyview, Lien (+2), Monster in the Darkness, Mysterious Green Voice (+1), O-Chul (+2), Oona, Redcloak, Vaarsuvius, Xykon
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

And Mysterious Orange Voice, if and when it gets more pages. If they have names revealed, they can be changed later.

28. - Top - End - #478

Lien named him "Mystery Voice". The orange one does not have a name yet.
    Ever wondered how many games are mentioned in the comic? I have listed them all in a geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...es-order-stick

29. - Top - End - #479

Also in the final panel you can just about make out Kraagor's statue.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Humanist View Post
    Lien named him "Mystery Voice". The orange one does not have a name yet.
    Why don't we call the green one "Mystery Voice Boss"?