New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VI - Wrecan: "I like counting things"

Updated through 1123
    Belkar (charmed), Blackwing, CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire), Durkon (as Vampire), Elan (charmed), Haley (charmed), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon), Hilgya (charmed), Kudzu, Minrah, Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher), Roy, Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Blonde Ponytail, Vampire Dwarf with Brown Beard

Quote Originally Posted by knag View Post
    So the "blonde" ponytail isn't the best name for that dwarf, I think. It's red, the same color as Haley and the Vampire Dwarf with Red Ponytail. How about Red Ponytail and Cap?
    It looks dirty blonde to me. What do others think?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VI - Wrecan: "I like counting things"

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Updated through 1123
    Belkar (charmed), Blackwing, CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire), Durkon (as Vampire), Elan (charmed), Haley (charmed), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon), Hilgya (charmed), Kudzu, Minrah, Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher), Roy, Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Blonde Ponytail, Vampire Dwarf with Brown Beard

It looks dirty blonde to me. What do others think?
    It looks pretty clearly orange to me - so, redhead, basically.

Maybe we shouldn't include hair color in her name, since people are seeing different colors? I don't know what else we could go by, though.

Edit: I guess we could go with Orange-Blonde, if nobody has a better idea. It’s ugly, but it’s not as if she’s an important character that people will look up often.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2018-06-05 at 03:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    Edit: I guess we could go with Orange-Blonde, if nobody has a better idea. It’s ugly, but it’s not as if she’s an important character that people will look up often.
    Maybe brown?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe brown?
    What about avoid the hair color and go pony tail and cap?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1124
    CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire), Durkon (as Vampire), Elan (charmed), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon), Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher), Roy, Sigdi, Vampire Dwarf with Ponytail and Cap
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So I noticed that comic 50 is linked as the first appearance for Tarquin's intelligent axe "Soul-Muncher." But when we see an artistically upgraded version of his original design, in 725, the axe just looks mundane, without Soul-Muncher's red runes. I'm inclined to think he got it sometime later and 50 is not an appearance.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    So I noticed that comic 50 is linked as the first appearance for Tarquin's intelligent axe "Soul-Muncher." But when we see an artistically upgraded version of his original design, in 725, the axe just looks mundane, without Soul-Muncher's red runes. I'm inclined to think he got it sometime later and 50 is not an appearance.
    An interesting contrast, but the shape is the same so I would say the runes are a gift from the art upgrade.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

He can modify it with protective runes in a later time.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1125
    Belkar (charmed), Blackwing, Elan (charmed), Minrah, Mr. Scruffy, Roy, Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Ponytail and Cap
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1126
    Belkar, Blackwing, CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire) (+1), Durkon (as vampire) (+1), Elan (charmed) (+1), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon) (+1), Hilgya (charmed), Kudzu, Minrah, Mr. Scruffy, Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher), Roy (+1), Sigdi (+1), Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair, Vampire Dwarf with Ponytail and Cap
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1127
    Belkar (charmed), Blackwing (+1), CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire), Durkon (as vampire) (+1), Elan (charmed) (+1), Haley (charmed), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon), Hilgya (charmed), Kudzu, Minrah (blinded) (+1), Mr. Scruffy, Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher), Roy (+1), Sigdi, Sigdi's Soldier, Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Updated through 1127
    Belkar (charmed), Blackwing (+1), CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire), Durkon (as vampire) (+1), Elan (charmed) (+1), Haley (charmed), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon), Hilgya (charmed), Kudzu, Minrah (blinded) (+1), Mr. Scruffy, Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher), Roy (+1), Sigdi, Sigdi's Soldier, Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair
    ooooh! Callback character from Sergeant and a Sapper! Nice.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1128
    Belkar, Blackwing, CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire), Durkon (as vampire) (+1), Elan (charmed) (+1), Haley (charmed) (+1), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon), Hilgya (charmed), Hoskin, Kandro (+1), Kudzu, Logann's Mother, Minrah (blinded), Mr. Scruffy, Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher), Priestess of Thor (+1), Roy (with power-up) (+1), Shirra (+1), Sigdi (+1), Thirden (+1), Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1129
    Belkar (+1), CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire) (+1), Durkon (as vampire) (+1), Elan, Haley (+1), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon), Hilgya (charmed) (+1), Hoskin, Kandro, Kudzu (+1), Logann's Mother, Mr. Scruffy (+1), Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher) (+1), Priestess of Thor, Shirra, Sigdi (+1), Tenrin, Thirden, Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair (+1), Vampire Spirit with Blue Curly Hair
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

It's officially the 100th strip with Durkon as Vampire!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

It's officially the 100th strip with Durkon as Vampire!
    Wait, I forget... is that counting from when he became a vampire or from when Malack died and the HPoH took control?

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, I forget... is that counting from when he became a vampire or from when Malack died and the HPoH took control?
    When he became a vampire.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1130
    Belkar (as protected from evil) (+1), CotS Usher with Long Hair (as Vampire) (+1), Durkon (as vampire) (+2), High Priest of Hel (as Durkon) (+2), Hilgya (charmed) (+1), Hoskin, Hoskin's Wife, Janna, Kandro, Kudzu (+1), Logann, Logann's Father, Logann's Mother, Logann's Sister, Mr. Scruffy (+1), Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (as Usher) (+1), Priestess of Thor, Shirra, Shirra's Husband, Shirra's Kids, Sigdi, Thirden, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair (+1), Vampire Spirit with Blue Curly Hair
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground

starting next strip, will we need "Durkon (As High Priest of Hel)"? Or will Durkon (as vampire) and High Priest of Hel (as Durkon) continue to suffice? I guess, in future strips, we'll see if "High Priest of Hel" still suffices as an accurate descriptor.

I suppose it doesn't change anything for this strip, though, so we can probably wait and see.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    starting next strip, will we need "Durkon (As High Priest of Hel)"? Or will Durkon (as vampire) and High Priest of Hel (as Durkon) continue to suffice? I guess, in future strips, we'll see if "High Priest of Hel" still suffices as an accurate descriptor.

I suppose it doesn't change anything for this strip, though, so we can probably wait and see.
    With the characters apparently merging, I'm not sure we'll need anything other than Durkon (as vampire), and with Belkar mid-"Halfling rage jumping attack" I'm not sure we'll need even that pretty soon. But yeah, let's just see what happens in the next few strips.

On a separate note, where is Janna in this comic? Is that her just above Durkon's head and to the left? I think I've spotted everyone else but that memories panel is tough.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

On a separate note, where is Janna in this comic? Is that her just above Durkon's head and to the left?
    Yep, that's her.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1131
    Belkar (as protected from evil), Durkon (as vampire), Durkon (as Durkon), Hilgya (charmed), Kudzu, Mr. Scruffy
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Updated through 1131
    Belkar (as protected from evil), Durkon (as vampire), Durkon (as Durkon), Hilgya (charmed), Kudzu, Mr. Scruffy
    So just for discussion's sake, is this an appearance of "Durkon"/Greg? Or is the spirit of Durkon simply in two places now?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

So just for discussion's sake, is this an appearance of "Durkon"/Greg? Or is the spirit of Durkon simply in two places now?
    That's Greg. We're already calling HPoH as "Durkon" * for a long time. Just used it first time in the post.
    Last edited by martianmister; 2018-07-31 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

No I know, but is it really him? Isn't Greg already gone in this strip? Doesn't only Durkon remain? Not sure, just a thought. Rarely is a strip so existential for a character.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

No I know, but is it really him? Isn't Greg already gone in this strip? Doesn't only Durkon remain? Not sure, just a thought. Rarely is a strip so existential for a character.
    They're still two distinct spirits, even if they have same memories.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Colossus in the Playground

The "Quit patting ourselves on the back" rather than "Quit patting yourself on the back" may suggest that, despite appearing in two places at once, only one spirit is actually present.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Someone in the strip discussion thread made the analogy to a computer, and I think it's apt. The two spirits are like an original computer, and another computer which has had its hard drive imaged from the first. They are indistinguishable, but separate entities. There are two Durkons.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    The "Quit patting ourselves on the back" rather than "Quit patting yourself on the back" may suggest that, despite appearing in two places at once, only one spirit is actually present.
    And other one said "yer right," not "I'm right."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1132
    Durkon, Minrah

HPoH/Durkon seems to gone. For now at least.
    Spoiler
    Show