New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Visiting Alchemist]

As Dorota stands and waits she can hear voices. Laughter and shouting, definitely kids. It seems to be fairly close, but she also can't really place it either. Out of nowhere, a muddy soccer ball comes flying through the arched trees near the keep, bouncing along the ground right toward Dorota.

"Gooooooal!"

"That's not the net!"

"I got it!" A young boy runs through the arched trees, appearing in the courtyard. He looks back and forth, his long flower hair swinging over his shoulders. He spies the ball where it settled a short ways away from Dorota, but also the guest herself. He pauses there for a moment, looking on with interest, before running over to the ball. He picks it up and instead of turning back the way he comes walks over to Dorota. "Are you visiting Auntie Cessie?" The young boy is unmistakably one of the older Frescot children, though his bright green eyes and fangs mark him out in that crowd.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Dorota almost leaps back as the ball comes flying, though it thankfully doesn't hit her. And then a child appears. At least this one looks pretty old, so he won't make a mess of himself... wait, auntie? Dorota remembers that Cessie has several siblings, but she can't imagine any of them would have flower hair. Or an entirely different complexion. Not that she has any idea how to ask about that.

"Yes, I am. Garn told me someone's already there with her, though." The alchemist looks down at the boy. "My name is Dorota. And you are?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"I'm Cernunnos. Are you one of her friends or do you work for her?" The boy asks curiously. Any hopes Dorota had for him to go along his way may be vanishing rapidly.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Dorota sighs inwardly. He couldn't just pick up his ball and go back to playing, could he...

"No, I'm Cessie's friend. I haven't seen her in a while so I wanted to talk to her again and catch up. Garn told me she has a guest already, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [New Baby Time]

Sakura grins. "It's pretty wonderful, isn't it? Sometimes I can hardly believe that Laela is almost nine, and we've been together ten years. It doesn't feel that long ago that we just started our little family." She pauses, then giggles. "Hasn't been little for a long time, but you know."
    [New Baby Time]

Adir lets out an earthy chuckle to match her giggle. "No, no it hasn't," he says. He doesn't even wanna think about Laela being almost nine. Her being anything but his little girl is best considered another day. "Listen, baby... I've actually been thinking about that. I was wondering how would you feel about hiring some help around the house? Someone to clean, or someone to help manage the kids? Especially the little ones, until Laela and the boys can help some more?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

Oh, that makes Sakura wake up a little. "Hm?" She frowns a bit. "I mean, not really? I want to be the one there for the kids, not some stranger."

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Ooh, okay. I think that's why Cora, Bastion, and Jillian are playing with us right now. We're playing soccer." He explains. "We're winning right now because Cora keeps kicking the ball too hard." Oh no.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Soccer... what is soccer? Something to do with kicking a ball? Did other kids play this game when she was young? It's not like she participated in games anyway.

"Yes, I've met Cora. She's very energetic." At least she thinks so. "Did she kick the ball just now?"

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Cern grins. "Uh huh. She always kicks it way too hard."

Speaking of the devil, Cora comes running through the portal. "What's taking you so lo- Oh." The quarter dragon girl pauses when she sees Dorota, then she comes running over. "Hi Dorota! What are you doing here?"

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them. And more are probably soon to follow. She's sure she doesn't remember Cora being nearly this tall, too. She must be growing quickly. Is it because she's part-dragon? She remembers Cessie's ex-husband being very tall...

"I came to see your mother, Cora. But it turns out she has another guest. Garn went to tell her and see if she can see me today."

10. - Top - End - #1360

[New Baby Time]

Oh, that makes Sakura wake up a little. "Hm?" She frowns a bit. "I mean, not really? I want to be the one there for the kids, not some stranger."
    [New Baby Time]

"Baby, I know, but I'm not saying we need to change much of anything." Adir grins. He knew she'd say that. "You're already there for them all the time. I don't mean you wouldn't be. I just mean we'd have some help. There must be times you wish you could take more of a break. Right?" He kisses her head and his voice turns as soft as pillows. "You deserve a break."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

"Well I guess that's right." Sakura concedes. "Don't you think it'd be weird having someone else around, though?"

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Oh! Yeah she's with the lady who wears the cool armour. A- Ammmm-" Cora stops and scrunches up her nose. What was her name again? She looks at Cern for help, but the boy just shrugs. He doesn't know her at all. Defeated, Cora gives up. "You should just go in and say hi. I can't believe Garn made you stand outside."

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"It's rude to just walk in," Dorota says, feeling suddenly uncomfortable. Maybe it is silly to just stand around, but she was never the most socially-comfortable type. "I'm sure Garn will be back soon."

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"I dunno, Garn is pretty slow. And he probably just forgot you'd be more comfortable inside." Cora insists.

The ball being absent so long was going to attract more attention soon enough, and there's another call through the portal. "Where are you guys?"

"We're talking to Dorota!" Cern calls back.

After that Bastion pokes his head through the portal to take a look, and past him Lucy runs through. The whole swam will be upon Dorota soon.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Oh, goods. More kids to ask her questions and give advice. And another one with flower hair? Must be Cerunnos' sister. Who are... oh, of course. They must be Sakura's kids. Cessie's best friend. She didn't know they were close enough for their kids to call them "auntie", though. Wait...

"Is that a magic portal your brother is coming through?"

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

At this point Garn finally returns, not that Dorota can tell as she's facing the opposite direction while looking at the portal the children are coming through. The kids most certainly can though.

Behind the gargoyle walks two ladies, Cessie of course, but the second one is someone not everyone might be familiar with. Most of the kids have likely seen her a few times as she's been on quite a few visits to Cessie and helped out Sakura with... something. But to the younger kids and Dorota herself, her identity will be a mystery.

Neither of them see a reason to speak up yet however as they're slowly approaching Dorota and the gathering swarm of children.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Cora nods, but Cern interjects to answer. "Yeah, it goes to my house. We live a long ways away, but it lets us come over to play anytime!"

"It's my portal." Lucy adds as she rapidly approaches. She stops in front of the group, nearly toppling herself over.

"It's not yours." Cern argues. "Mommy made it you were just a tiny baby."

"But I fixed it." Lucy presses.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Their mother made that portal? Dorota had no idea Sakura was some kind of magician. And Lucy fixed it? Does she have magic powers? And by the gods if they're listening, the kids just keep coming.

"I didn't know your mother could make portals. But then I haven't met her," she says, for lack of anything else she can think of.

18. - Top - End - #1368

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Kids, I think you should give Dorota some breathing room." Cessie remarks with a chuckle as she walks past Garn before he could even introduce her. "So many of you at once must be quite overwhelming."

The other woman look curiously at Dorota and then at Lucy as she mentions it being 'her' portal. A feather pen and a tome floating on their own just behind her moves on their own, making a note.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"She can't normally." Cern corrects. "She said it was something special she could only do one time." Not that she explained why that is, not matter how much badgering she received.

"It's because of my friends in the trees." Lucy adds, totally unhelpfully. Especially since now they get interrupted by Cessie and the mystery lady.

"Hi mommy, Dorota came to visit." Cora goes over to stand in front of her mom. "Garn made her stand outside, though. Shouldn't he let her inside?"

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Thank the gods. Any gods, really, not even necessarily hers. She had no idea how to even begin asking about any of it. She is curious, but Cessie most likely knows more about it and can tell her in a way she understands.

"Hello, Cessie. It's quite alright, though. I'm just not used to being surrounded by so many children. It hasn't happened since a time when I wasn't much older than they are." She's definitely putting on a brave face for politeness' sake.

21. - Top - End - #1371

[Visiting Alchemist]

Cessie raises her hand in greeting to Dorota when Cora suddenly moves up in front of her, demanding her attention. She glances at Garn and shakes her head. "We might have to go through some of the visitor rules again, Garn. Cora is right, we need to update them."

Garn simply nods in response.

Cessie continues however as she turns back to Dorota. "So you have to forgive Garn, he's a bit over-cautious when it comes to guests." Especially after someone broke in and stole their adamantine.

However, the mystery woman now addresses Cessie. "Miss Mithar, would it be alright if I asked Lucy a few questions? I'm curious about her tree friends."

Cessie raises an eyebrow and glances back at her. "Oh, erm, Dorota this is Ambrosia Ithil. She's a friend of mine..." She quickly addresses the alchemist before turning to Lucy and kneels down a bit. "Would it be alright if Ambrosia asked you a few questions, Lucy?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-03-11 at 05:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1372

[New Baby Time]

"Well I guess that's right." Sakura concedes. "Don't you think it'd be weird having someone else around, though?"
    [New Baby Time]

"Not if we like them. Maybe you two will even be friends," Adir suggests optimistically. "But you could make friends with a mushroom, so I don't think that's much of a stretch." He smooches the top of her head again. "You don't have to decide now. We can sleep on it. Us and Fin here."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Huh?" Lucy pays closer attention to Ambrosia now. She thinks she might have seen her before, but she forgets. "Whatcha wanna know about them?"

"What do you want to ask her?" Cern steps toward Ambrosia and looks up at her critically. He puts his hands on his hips.

[New Baby Time]

"Hm, well maybe. We'll talk about it more alter, though." Especially since Sakura's about ready to pass out. She'll do just that if Adir doesn't keep talking to keep her awake.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Oh. You must be the guest Garn told me about. My name is Dorota Séregon. I'm a friend of Cessie's and an alchemist," Dorota says by means of introduction, but it seems the attention is now on Lucy. The seemingly very energetic young lady with voluminous hair. Dorota has to admit she is curious what she's talking about. Friends? In trees? And they have to do with the portal?

25. - Top - End - #1375

[Visiting Alchemist]

Ambrosia raises her eyebrow as she's in turn questioned by this very young man. "I'm just curious about her tree friends, Cern. That is your name right, young man?" She inquires as kneels down before Cern and Lucy.
    Then she looks back to Lucy. "Is your brother speaking for you, Lucy?"

"So how have you been Dorota? It's been such a long since we last met." Cessie inquires as Ambrosia seems to be quite preoccupied with the children.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Cern frowns. "Uh huh. I don't know who you are, though." He points out.

"Stop being dumb, Cern. She's just asking stuff." The girl chides her brother. That just makes him frown more, though!

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"It has been, hasn't it? That's why I decided to drop by." Dorota glances over at Ambrosia and the children. She's going to have a tough time getting anything useful out of them, it seems. "I've joined HALO in the meantime, for once thing. Reinholdt came to me with an offer and I accepted."

28. - Top - End - #1378

[Visiting Alchemist]

"I am, as your aunt said-" She glances at Cessie who is still busy with Dorota. "Ambrosia. Feel free to ask me anything if you wish, Cern if that might make you trust me more."

Cessie continues focusing on her other guest however and pays little attention to Ambrosia's and the kids conversation. "HALO? Probably a good choice considering their research focus. You did a lot of good during that, ah, mental infection. Actually, what do you do for HALO exactly?"

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"How do you know auntie Cessie?" The boy questions. Lucy huffs. She wants to talk about her friends!

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"I did work on trying to unravel that illness," Dorota says with a not inconsiderable hint of pride. "By and large, I analyse hazardous or unknown substances or try to develop new alchemy that could he helpful to someone. It's a lot different than my work in Erin's... it's why I took the offer, really. I needed a change. It also gave me an opportunity to pursue my own personal research, on gods and divinity."