New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

Cessie's Room

"Bound and sealed? I think I can make a pretty good guess of what that means and it doesn't sound good." Cessie closes her eyes for a moment. "I just want you to be... you. Neither of us asked of this." Her head sinks down to rest against Jezzy's chest again. "And you're too bloody pointy now." She murmurs between the deep restful breaths she's taking now.
    "But..." She finally continues after a few minutes of just breathing. "Are you asking me to bind you like a spirit? Since it could be done. It was how I made Garn. You're quite different though. It would be dangerous."

Speaking of the gargoyle.
    Jezebel might have been too preoccupied with Cessie to notice, but Garn has poked his head into the bed room and are staring at her. Judging her with his gaze in silence the way only he can.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Bedroom

"I...don't know how that would work for me. I was thinking more of my world's binding where it involves seals, rituals, and more than a little pain on my end, but perhaps neither route would work well?"
    She supposes after a bit. Despite the seriousness of the situation, or perhaps because of it, she reaches up to run her fingers through Cessie's hair soothingly before leaning down to kiss the top of her head. "If only it were as simple as summoning me and forming a contract, or summoning me as a familiar could be for other spellcasters, but I'm not sure something so...simple would work. Though all of these methods are based around an entity that doesn't want to necessarily be summoned or at least is dangerous to the person they are bound to. And I know for certain i don't wish you any harm." Jezebel promises, smiling gently down at the mage. "I'd say it is very much the contrary, but I do not know how it would change such esoteric rituals."

3. - Top - End - #963

Cessie's Bedroom

The sorceress doesn't seem all that soothed by Jezebel's words as a frown is forming. "You're describing yourself as if you were some kind of creature, Jezz." She points out as she puts her hand on her girlfriends shoulder. "But maybe I could try to see if I could get in touch with Ambrosia again. She's far more knowledgeable in these sort of things than I. I hate to rely on her this much but with things like these happening I don't know what else to do. MERC supposedly have warlocks but they don't know your, ah, history."

At this point Garn is holding up a blanket in the air while continuing to bore his eyes into Jezebel. Is he wanting her to cover herself up? She already have his master in her lap...

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Bedroom

"Perhaps, but I do not mean to come across as self-degrading if I have been. I am merely trying to figure out what self of rules I operat- Yes Garn, I see you."
    Jezebel groans, smiling and shaking her head. "Cessie? Mind standing up so I can try and either try to shift this all away or at the very least summon clothes before Garn storms in here and dresses me himself?" She asks.

5. - Top - End - #965

Cessie's Bedroom

"Garn!" The sorceress exclaims as she too discovers the gargoyle standing there.
    "Get out!" She reaches down and throws a pillow right at the guardians face. While he doesn't even flinch as the pillow drops down on the floor he does drops the blanket and steps out of the room. "Apologies." He grumbles, his monotone voice not exactly making him sound apologetic.
    "Ignore him. It's still early early in the morning and that door should be closed." Cessie does get off Jezebel, but it's only to closed and lock the door.

As she turns back to face her, she offers an apologetic smile. "He's not used to you yet. I'm so sorry, this is a mess."

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Bedroom

Jezebel chuckles, smiling as she watches and gets up from her seat. "It's fine. I'd honestly prefer to just turn in and hold you for the rest of the morning, but I fear leaving the circle lest..." She leaves it unsaid and moves her thoughts on, looking for a solution. "Humor me, would you?" She asks, her tone turning serious as she gestures at the other side of the circle in front of her. "I wish to feel safe leaving this circle, and if nothing else, this would ease my mind. There is power in contract and symbolism, and I would like to invoke it. I do not wish to be wrest from your arms again." She explains before falling to one knee, bowing her head, and holding out one hand palm up towards Cessie.

"Lady Cessie Mithar. I, Jezebel Tolande MacClintock Vor Tel'Vree, of the House Tel'Vree, pledge myself to you body and soul."
    She swears, completely serious despite her rather peculiar and ostentatious full name. It explains where she got the middle names for Ariel and Sergei at least. "I offer myself to stand by your side, to protect and to care and to serve for as long as you would have me. My powers are yours to command and control, if you would but have me." The oath, while deathly serious from her expression and tone, certainly doesn't seem like it comes easy to her. Offering to be controlled by another in such a way, even someone she trusts as much as Cessie, goes against her instincts.

7. - Top - End - #967

Cessie's Bedroom

Cessie stops before she walks back into the circle. Curious as to what Jezebel had in mind.
    Though this proposal leaves her blinking. She wasn't sure what was the strangest part either. The oath itself or the fact that she was nude and winged while making it.
    She'd normally laugh and feel flattered but the situation and Jezebel's tone made her think otherwise.
    This would take consideration. Being on equal grounds was important in a relationship and what Jezebel had just said sounded like the opposite of that. After a moment of silence she holds her hand to her chin. "...how would that work exactly? Could it be transfered to anyone else? Could I alter the conditions of the oath if I wished to?" Since she could think of some improvements.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Bedroom

Jezebel is a touch surprised that it wasn't accepted right away, but she looks up in understanding after a moment. It was a rather terrible and loose deal for a situation like this. "I...no, I do not think my offer can extend to others. Just you. If you don't wish it, then I will rescind it. But if there are other things you wish to add or change, then I am willing to listen and alter it."

9. - Top - End - #969

Cessie's Bedroom

"In that case, I accept and 'order' you to not follow any commands, direct or indirect, that you don't wish to follow. Including the order to start follow such commands again." It was a wee bit specific but if Jezebel took this seriously, then so would she.
    She could take it even more seriously but it wasn't like it was a magic spell and that would require preperations and thinking.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Bedroom

Jezebel gives a smile, obviously and immediately thankful to be offered such freedoms, and gives a small nod. "Very well, I accept those terms. Anything else you seek to change?"

11. - Top - End - #971

Cessie's Bedroom

Cessie smiles back. "Not unless there is anything you can think of, no." She could probably go into details but this already felt a bit silly so this would have to do.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Bedroom

A shake of her head and her hand is offered once more, this time with a smile despite being no less serious in nature. "I have nothing to add apart from my desire to spend the morning in bed with you afterward." She declares, ready to seal the contract.

13. - Top - End - #973

Cessie's Bedroom

"I'm pretty sure we were about to do that anyway." Cessie muses. "But we got a deal then." She holds out her hand to shake Jezebel's.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-03-22 at 03:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Bedroom

Jezebel takes the hand, but instead of shaking it she takes it to her lips to kiss. Cessie can feel an invisible weight of something resting upon her hand and a distant metallic clink of chains can be heard by the both of them. In a heartbeat, the weight and sounds fade. The moment it is over, Jezebel breathes a sigh of relief as she rubs her cheek against Cessie's hand. "That is a weight off of my being, worries carried off my shoulders. Thank you, beloved." She whispers before nodding at the circle, wishing for it to be broken.

15. - Top - End - #975

Cessie's Bedroom

Cessie who certainly hadn't expected some kind of audiable cue for this shudders as she hears the sound and looks around. What had just happened?
    Even Jezebel's kiss couldn't distract her from the feeling of looming dread.
    Though despite all that, the important thing was that Jezebel was safe for the time being. Once they had cured her from this it probably wouldn't even matter. So without coming she breaks the circle with her foot, unsure if it even had done anything in the first place. Jezebel certainly seemed to belive all of this mattered and she knew more about this than her. "I'm afraid you might be stuck this way for a while though. Not even sure how to explain that to the kids. You're already fairly new to them..."

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Sweet Dreams]

"I- I'm not sure." Cessie admits as she seem to have returned to the more normal parts of Sakura's mind. She had thought too much about Sakura's origins. Always assuming she was just a being of Adir's world and thus something she knew very little about. After experiecing that she wasn't so sure anymore. Had that simply been a part of the spirit which possessed Sakura or was there some more primal part of her that she simply never had seen before?
    She had to talk to Ambrosia about this as she had no idea what she could even do further to investigate. "I think I might have to go. Need to get help to make sense of what I have seen I'm afraid."
    [Sweet Dreams]

Sakura nods, and the world around them starts to collapse. Cessie and the dryad wake up lying next to one another at the same moment.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Bedroom

Jezebel holds her breath for a brief moment as the Circle is broken, but when she's not suddenly dragged off by a warlock again, she lets it go and smiles. "I'd say that as long as Garn doesn't come bursting down the door shouting about demons, everything will be okay." She jests, grinning as she steps out of the circle so she can stretch her limbs and flex her wings a bit to get rid of the cramped feeling she'd had. Jezebel herself didn't seem to notice, but Cessie should be able to observe a new marking on her ribs along Jezebel's left side. It wasn't large, perhaps half the size of a deck of cards, but it was of a flaming half-mask and it certainly hadn't been there before the pact.

"If I have a bit of time, I should be able to hide all of this with a little effort. It won't be the first time I've changed my shape or hidden away features. It is a lot more to hide however, so I am unsure how strong the facade will be."
    She takes a moment to pick up the gunblade she'd left on the floor so she can delicately set it on a desk to deal with later. "There's...a lot we'll need to go over, and I'm almost certainly going to have to explain this to some of Vigil somehow. Anika is going to declare that she'd been right, of course." She adds with a grimace before sighing and giving a tired smile to Cessie. "But all that can be dealt with later. What's important is that now I'm back where I'm belong, safe, and we can take this one day at a time."

18. - Top - End - #978

Cessie's Bedroom

Cessie first smiles but then a concerning thought seem to occur to her. "The keep is safe from them but the wards keeping it that way could be harmful to you now." She looks past Jezebel for a moment with a thoughful expression.

Though whatever thoughts she's having her gaze returns to her girlfriend once she mentions a 'facade'. "That... might be for the best, yes." Though honestly, Bastion could probably do well seeing other people with wings. Cessie was concerned that he would think that he was stranger since neither his mother nor his sliblings had them.

"But we probably shouldn't put too much concern into this until we've talked to the experts. We could have this solved in a few days for all we know after all. The only ones that truly needs to know is your family and followers. VIGIL really only need to know once it becomes relevant. For now I'd say you're effectively just sick until we know more. Wenomir needs to know of course but otherwise I will keep a lid on this for now." She does not seem to have noticed the strange mark that appeared on Jezzy just yet. She was too busy thinking and looking at the more obviously altered features, such as Jezzy's wings.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-03-23 at 09:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Day]

Wenomir winces when the thunderous rapport of the gun blasts his ears. His aim is... decent, for someone who's never fired a gun before in his life. All this superhuman precision and grace honed through his martial arts really do help.

"Riddle. I thought were sounded loud enough when they were shot by someone next to me. Or at me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Training Day]

Koshal frowns but is able to mostly get the plugs in properly. Faye and her sensitive canine ears wait back with Waves and Cern. She expects pets from this arrangement.
    Koshal himself finds himself struggling quite a bit with the shotgun. He doubts Uncle Krayger would have much trouble with it, but right now he's still got a lot of growing to do before he reaches a mature size.
    "I think I'm too used to things that are meant for hunting." As opposed to something meant to blow a hole in a building.
    [Training Day]

"We can do things about that too, if you want something stealthy or if it will help you focus. Got a couple little gadgets that can silence the weapon." Adir glances over at Koshal. "Well, except for that thing. No silencing that thing."

Adir glances at Cern, who is covering his ears and watching the whole thing with rapt attention. Adir's ears perk when he hears Koshal's comment, and he looks over with a grin. "Hey, kid, don't knock it yet. Bigger hunt needs a bigger gun, you know? And there's some nasty stuff out there. Especially if you're working with my man Wenomir here. Just what kinds of things have you gotten up to? Hell, are you a VIGIL cadet or whatever already?"

[Not So Good Morning]

"So what makes you think they'll come out then? Oh my gosh! You bad girls! Are you going to scare them out of there?" Adir looks positively shocked. Shocked! Hand on his chest and everything. He looks into Cassie's eyes and the faded dream isn't enough to make him worry... at least not yet. How easily one forgets. "Then they'll eat up mommy's garden just for spite. Maybe I had better help you out."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Day]

"Stealth isn't my forte anyway," Wenomir says. "People can generally see and hear me coming. The comfort of my ears is a bigger problems. And Koshal isn't actually a Vigil member."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not So Good Morning]

"Nuh uh!" "That's mean." The girls protest.

"They come out if we're nice." Cassie assures him.

"No being mean, daddy." Laurana scolds.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Room

Jezebel doesn't answer right away as her eyes are closed and she's concentrating as she sits on the edge of the bed. She was looking into herself, drawing a bit of power, forming her mental image....and slowly, surely, it all starts to come together. Jezebel's changes begin to fade, receding into herself. The tail curls around itself until it is as thin and featherless as before, her wings fade from view, and her horns turn back to their smaller original selves. Even the extra scales fade from view after a few long moments. When she's done, Jezebel stands and stretches, grimacing a bit as she does so. "I think I've got all the details right?" She asks, looking over herself before raising an eyebrow at the Sigil that is still there from before. "That's new, but most shouldn't see that. I can still feel everything, as if it is just beneath my skin. One solid flex and it'd all come out again."

Still, it was all gone for the time being and she falls back onto Cessie's bed, naked and laying face up. "I imagine I'm one of the few experts on the matter. At least part of it. Another seems to have done this to me. And the third is Ambrosia I imagine. But I can't stay away from Vigil being "sick" either. I need to be there, solidify my presence. And if this veneer slips, it slips."

23. - Top - End - #983

[Sweet Dreams]

Ambrosia would have stood up a few moments ago as Cessie started to twist and turn in her sleep. But before it becomes more than concern the sorceress opens her eyes with a gasp.

"I saw... a spirit." She mumbles as she starts getting up, first looking at Ambrosia then turning to face Sakura. "Are you alright?"

The scholar looks between the two. "They're fine." She tells Adir who probably is still in the room with them. It hasn't been long since they started. Time flow differently in dreams so it has likely just been about 15 minutes or so.

Cessie's Room

"Impressive... I think you got it." Though Cessie spends a moment inspecting Jezebel to be sure. Her attention soon drawn to the same thing as Jezebel's. "Why wouldn't they see that?" She inquires, she sure saw it and as far as she was aware she didn't have any spirit senses.

"But yes, as I said, we need to explain the situation to Wenomir as we can't just solve it right away. It might rouse him into action considering that we've already run into this Tellysandra's schemes before it seems." She pauses and lay down next to Jezebel. "Indeed, now that I think about it she might also have been responsible for that body switching that occured during the invasion. He was especially upset about that."

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Room

"They won't see it because I usually wear at least some clothes."
    Jezebel points out with a grin before raising her hand to take Cessie's so she can pull the mage down onto the bed to be held. "We'll debrief him later and then I will find some way to keep working with those at Vigil. If nothing else, it might provide adequate surprise to those that I help train." She adds, knowing fully well that it might cause panic or overreaction or at least scare someone. Or cause training to turn into a fight, but surely she's capable of taking care of any issues that arise, right?

25. - Top - End - #985

Cessie's Room

"No, I mean-" She looks a bit frustrated as Jezebel insists on dragging her into bed again, but certainly doesn't resist. "You mean Anika and Blanche? Have you talked to them yet? Beyond... that incident I mean. I still can't believe she pushed a door over you. This situation certainly won't improve her ideas of you I imagine so maybe it's best to wait until we've solved it?" She remarks while resting her chin against Jezzy's chest.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Day]

"I'm a squire to the Lady Danir." Koshal explains.
    "And I have gone on several knightly quests! They just haven't involved Wenomir yet." Though he wouldn't mind if he did. He's never seen Wenomir doing any of his techniques for real.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sweet Dreams]

Ambrosia would have stood up a few moments ago as Cessie started to twist and turn in her sleep. But before it becomes more than concern the sorceress opens her eyes with a gasp.

"I saw... a spirit." She mumbles as she starts getting up, first looking at Ambrosia then turning to face Sakura. "Are you alright?"

The scholar looks between the two. "They're fine." She tells Adir who probably is still in the room with them. It hasn't been long since they started. Time flow differently in dreams so it has likely just been about 15 minutes or so.
    [Sweet Dreams]

Sakura sits up, rubbing her eyes. "How'd it go?" She asks as the vague memory of the dreamscape fades. Like a dream slipping quickly away.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Room

"No, I mean-" She looks a bit frustrated as Jezebel insists on dragging her into bed again, but certainly doesn't resist. "You mean Anika and Blanche? Have you talked to them yet? Beyond... that incident I mean. I still can't believe she pushed a door over you. This situation certainly won't improve her ideas of you I imagine so maybe it's best to wait until we've solved it?" She remarks while resting her chin against Jezzy's chest.
    Cessie's Room

Jezebel reaches up, setting her hand on Cessie's head to keep her close and on top of her while she uses her other hand to prop up the pillow she's on. "Not much for either, which is why I can't just hide away here as much as I'd love to." She says, smiling a bit. This close, Cessie can hear that her heartbeat is slow and steady, far more relaxed than before. "It might not improve Anika's opinion of me immediately, but I'm certain that we can at least talk things out. She doesn't seem stupid, just hardheaded. And if nothing else, I know what that is like."

29. - Top - End - #989

Cessie's Room

And now Cessie is pushed into Jezebel's chest. She could think of worst fates she supposed.
    "Anika is unpredictable, but even more concerning, she have come in contact with someone whose a far greater concern, Ilpholin. If she learns of this... I don't know what will happen. She's changed since after the invasion. Just like you have. In fact, come to think of it, she also looks a bit demonic. Maybe that's something that needs investigating. She doesn't trigger silver and can walk by my wards so she isn't a demon in a traditional sense..." The sorceress let's out a sigh. "You would probably be better at figure this out than me."

30. - Top - End - #990
    Halfling in the Playground

[Training Day]

"Well, you'll never find a more perfect paragon of knighthood than Wenomir here," Adir says. "I joke, but you maybe you really could use a squire. I guess Cora might count."

"I, meanwhile, know all about serving a lady. It's my job, after all." He goes on, deadpan, then leans over and whispers, "And I'm married. Ya know. Hence that one." He indicates Cernunnos. "It's all work, work, work any more. I so rarely get to pull out my toys to play with."

[Sweet Dreams]

Adir is indeed waiting. He thought it might be longer. And he's happy nothing out of the expected happened. He probably holds out a glass of water for Sakura. "Yeah, how did it go?" He asks the room in general.

[Not So Good Morning]

"Mean? Who's thinking of being mean? Your daddy was just thinking it might be nice to get them some carrots and lettuce from the fridge. What do you think of that?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters